AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Pumpkin Scissors

Notices

View Poll Results: Pumpkin Scissors Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 3 9.09%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 21.21%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 42.42%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 18.18%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 6.06%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 3.03%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-02, 17:45   Link #21
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icehawk View Post
Haha, funny episode, but OUCH! While I would love to have sexy nurse like that feeling me up I must say I feel sorry for Oland at the end there, hopefully his huge wang didnt get cut when the glass split apart.
well if his lower part is as tough as the rest of his body...i can safely assume that glass cannot cut through rock!

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-11-02, 20:34   Link #22
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Did you see the expression of the nurse after bring an LL size? Oland was all embarassed. Mmm, that's one heck of a nurse.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2006-11-02, 20:36   Link #23
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Pretty good episode i think 2 aspects of episode 5 caught my attention. the first was how Alice really does care about Oland of course she cares as his commanding officer but i really can see her developing feelings for him later on. Shes not really sure what to do so she decides not to visit him anymore which is something reflecting her age.

The second thing was we really got to see and hear what Oland thinks about him self. We have all ways heard him say he likes section III but this time around hes emotion really came though. Its understandble that he would have some type of complex about the latern and the fact that he has killed a lot of people. The feeling that he cant do anything with out latern is a self confidence problem that he is trying to over come. I think the steps that he took while going towards the old man symbolized Oland take steps forward in his reslove to make the country a better and also depending on his comarads. Seeing Oland's personality grow and develop will be a great part of the series as well as Alice growth and see how mature she will become by the end of series,

There is more than one way to get information and Orlend proved it never underestimate a man with charm and the willingness to lie to some unsuspecting women to get the info he needs. At least he got some information and managed to get a little nookie in process as well. I get the feeling the Kauplan institute is either behind the ATT's creation or they are trying to create something else and are using Oland as research material i always found it odd that Oland was permitted to rejoin the military with no questions asked or a backround check.

Spoiler for My favorite 2 scenes:
Old 2006-11-02, 21:13   Link #24
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I really feel bad for Alice if she becomes Orland's girlfriend. Ouch, that's gonna really HURT! Or maybe I feel bad for Orland because there is certainly not going to be a second attempt. I say "attempt" because I doubt it will be successful. The mouth of the LL was as thick as the nurse's wrist.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-11-03, 08:22   Link #25
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Lol, people might get completely the wrong impression about PS from these comments. But I wish they had nurses like Rosetta on the NHS. Anyway fun episode, a bit thin plot development wise but enjoyable nonetheless. Alice's eventual show of concern for Orland was rather touching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post

There is more than one way to get information and Orlend proved it never underestimate a man with charm and the willingness to lie to some unsuspecting women to get the info he needs. At least he got some information and managed to get a little nookie in process as well. I get the feeling the Kauplan institute is either behind the ATT's creation or they are trying to create something else and are using Oland as research material i always found it odd that Oland was permitted to rejoin the military with no questions asked or a backround check.
Yep, I think Muse Kauplan is either part of the research that created the Invisibile 9 or continuing the work of whoever was behind it.

Last edited by Sonhex; 2006-11-03 at 08:40.
Old 2006-11-03, 11:38   Link #26
ryaken

Send a message via MSN to ryaken
Nice mix of emotion and comedy. Some things I really liked, was Alice's unnoticed cameo on the rooftop, I found that quite cute. Oland rounds his character/persona out more, which was definitely needed, because aside from the doctor-patient metaphor in episode 3, he really hasn't spoken much.

Nurse comedy was great, super persistant. Oland trying to leave and she was still trying to do a job, lol.
Old 2006-11-03, 14:29   Link #27
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex View Post
Yep, I think Muse Kauplan is either part of the research that created the Invisibile 9 or continuing the work of whoever was behind it.
Spoiler for Just in case:
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2006-11-03, 15:34   Link #28
Kensuke

Quote:
I immediately thought about Ritsuko Agaki (from NGE), a kind of cold hearted scientist, I think she is the one who is responsible of creating these anti-tank troopers.

I hope this wasn't the last time we see the nurse.
Old 2006-11-03, 22:41   Link #29
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Decided to check this anime out after it got its own subforum and I'm way down on my usual anime watching this season. It's not bad. It's not the best thing I've ever seen, but it's good old fashion slightly episodic fun and it's showing signs of improving... particularly in ep 4 which I thought was pretty good.

This ep wasn't bad either. The scene on the rooftop, even though we've all seen it before, was actually genuinely dramatic and quite tense. Alice was quite tsundere in this ep. Initially I'd have classed her as a very headstrong (and niave) character, yet not total tsundere... but that's starting to change after this ep.

My biggest criticism of this show is that it segues from drama to comedy too quickly and frequently. The drama aspect of this show isn't bad and actually seems to be getting better, but the comedy isn't really great.
Old 2006-11-04, 03:12   Link #30
sleeplessNites
being rock till senseless

I bet a flock of women will hack into hospitals to get urinal pot size records. guys, be sure to ask for a bigger size pot next time you use one
Old 2006-11-04, 10:00   Link #31
Lost

I'm dissapointed that they decided to use one of those overdone arooftop I'm-gonna-jump-sty-away suicide scenes. And I didnt feel it was tense at all. I mean, we all knew Wantz-san wasnt gonna jump. And that I'm-coming-down- oh-shit-my-slippers-slipped scene couldn't have been more cliched.

However, the episode's redeeming point was seeing Orland's determination. I think that this so far is the most we've seen of his determination and how much his new job means to him. Its nice seeing such raw belief in a guy as "innocent" as him.

It occured to me that if they are gonna kill anyone for mindless emo-scene (FMA-style) its gonna be Oreld.
Old 2006-11-04, 10:31   Link #32
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
It occured to me that if they are gonna kill anyone for mindless emo-scene (FMA-style) its gonna be Oreld.
I've been getting Maes Hughes vibes of Oreld for a couple of eps now. Least he's not married with a kid.

When I rewatched ep 5, it wasn't genki Nurse Rosetta that disturbed me the most, it was this shot:

That's just wrong on so many levels. Taken out of context of-course...
Old 2006-11-04, 11:15   Link #33
Lost

Fitting subs too. My goodness. LOL.
Old 2006-11-04, 16:35   Link #34
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The Shallow-Minded Men

I could have not mind much the subplot about Mr. Wantz, but Oland's performance became emotional that I sympathized with his point of view.

Oland is afraid of being unable to save lives, watching helplessly how people are so frail. He commited monstrous atrocities in his past and regretted every single of it.
Light came when he arrived and was accepted in Section III, because he's now made precious comrades which gave him peace of heart. Yet, still his past looms on him as a shadow of dread to remind him that there's a killer inside his soul.

Oland wishes to redeem himself by making a better country serving under Section III; I guess he understands how tough and brutal was for Mr. Wantz to have dedicated a good portion of his life doing the same thing over and over but not getting anything for it.

This subplot just feels to me not contributing much with the pacing and storytelling except for making clear three details:
1. Oland regrets his past actions.
2. He spent a deal of his life serving as a killing machine, obeying orders without question.
3. He now wants to right his wrongs and comes to appreciate that he's not alone, he has comrades. However, it is imperative to him to start walking the path he chooses for himself and not resorting to the ways of his past.
Which I presume it would be almost impossible, unless he goes searching for the truth of his nature.

Animation-wise the episode dropped in quality for that department, but story-wise introduced several key story elements.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-11-04, 17:24   Link #35
Kensuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
I'm dissapointed that they decided to use one of those overdone arooftop I'm-gonna-jump-sty-away suicide scenes. And I didnt feel it was tense at all. I mean, we all knew Wantz-san wasnt gonna jump. And that I'm-coming-down- oh-shit-my-slippers-slipped scene couldn't have been more cliched.
True, the ending was cliched, but for the record at first I thought he was going to jump, you know that other cliche, smiling-like-I'm-giving -up-and-when-the-rescuer-has-his-guard-down -jump.
Old 2006-11-04, 17:31   Link #36
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
My biggest criticism of this show is that it segues from drama to comedy too quickly and frequently. The drama aspect of this show isn't bad and actually seems to be getting better, but the comedy isn't really great.
Agreed. Most of the problem with the comedy is the director killing his own jokes. The urine container thing was funny the first time, if only because it came from fricking nowhere, and still funny after she upgraded the size of the pot. Then, she went to use it, and the pot fell apart - taking the whole gag with it. Sad, really. Plus, if you stick your finger in a glass bottle, then shatter it, you're gonna shred your finger. Orland's wang seemed fine, though. Nuts of Steel, perhaps?

The roof scene was great. Right up to the very end, you really don't know if he's going to jump or not. As soon as you've figured it out, the situation is over, and they did great with that. Hopefully, as the series progresses, we start seeing the drama outweigh the comedy more. Or, if the comedy kicked up a notch in quality, that would be nice, too.
Old 2006-11-04, 17:43   Link #37
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Yay seperate sub-forum for PS!

Epi 5 was a nice kinda I dont want to say filler epi but you all get what I mean. Less intense then epi 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K
I agree with you there even tho I enjoyed this epi it seemed kinda forced, since the last epi was so different. And I do still see this as a drama but with not that great comedy. Unlike FMA which I thought blended drama and comedy very well. Hopefully we'll get back to the action in the next epi.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2006-11-05, 00:04   Link #38
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
2. Despite his womanizing ways, Oreld has the touch and communication skills to retrieve the confidential data even he's become a lucky bastard, securing a kiss from Mireille.
I think he received more than that..
Old 2006-11-05, 18:19   Link #39
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
I've been getting Maes Hughes vibes of Oreld for a couple of eps now. Least he's not married with a kid.

When I rewatched ep 5, it wasn't genki Nurse Rosetta that disturbed me the most, it was this shot:

That's just wrong on so many levels. Taken out of context of-course...
Wow dude thats just wrong the way he phrases you me and the big guy well..................im not going to say but you get the hint
Old 2006-11-05, 18:52   Link #40
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
erm which big guy is he referring to? and how the heck did i miss that! O.o hes head is way too close...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Closed Thread