AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana III (Final) - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 37 32.46%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 14.04%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 21.05%
7 out of 10 : Good 19 16.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 15 13.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.88%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-08, 14:04   Link #101
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

I'm happy to see the old gang again, but it's been long enough since I watched season 2 that I legitimately forgot The Silver even existed, and even now that he/she/it been name-dropped, I still can't remember anything about it except Margery hates it and.. something... happened? With... something?

Is it bad that I remember season 1 better, and it's been a whole extra year since I saw that?
Old 2011-10-08, 14:22   Link #102
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
Is it bad that I remember season 1 better, and it's been a whole extra year since I saw that?
It's ok because apparently JC staff is trying to pretend it didn't happen more or less.
Old 2011-10-08, 15:21   Link #103
Mr. Anime

as long as they follow the novel everything is fine with me and the new season started rly well, i hope shana and yuji will meet soon^^

Old 2011-10-08, 19:02   Link #104
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Is this like FO REAL? How long have we been waiting? like 6-7 years or smth now?
Old 2011-10-08, 20:20   Link #105
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
Is this like FO REAL? How long have we been waiting? like 6-7 years or smth now?

...It's only been 3 years since 2008 =_=
Old 2011-10-08, 21:00   Link #106
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Seems like the Sereiden got a major upgrade from Season 1 to Season 3 (wasn't it already destroyed by Alastor's flame by the way?). J.C. Staff is really trying to avoid all the screw up on the story that they made and start as if nothing happened
Old 2011-10-08, 21:07   Link #107
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

We saw the Seirei-den undergoing repairs in season 2. So it wasn't destroyed, just heavily damaged.
Old 2011-10-08, 21:23   Link #108
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Ah, it's been such a long time, I almost have forgotten what went on in S2, heh. The down side to series that take year+ long breaks. But things kinda came back to me here. Seems like a decent episode, and decent start to a season 3. Definitely raises a ton of questions, and puts a twist off the ending of S2, which you don't quite see coming.

My most major question is: where did Yuji go, and why did he seemingly join up with Bal Masque? There has to be something more to their goals, and Yuji feels he can accomplish his new goal by allying with them. It almost seems like Yuji wants to completely end the Crimson Realm, or seal it off completely, so Flame hazes like Shana will be spared eternal combat.
Old 2011-10-09, 00:13   Link #109
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
...It's only been 3 years since 2008 =_=
Old 2011-10-09, 01:29   Link #110
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

OMFG yes! I've been waiting forever for this.

Makes me sad that it's "final", but I'll take it, regardless. I guess the producers and directors got tired of people asking for sequels.
Old 2011-10-09, 02:45   Link #111
MegamiMiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
The fight with Bal Masque was in 16
My point was that the school festival and Pheles happened before Sabrac showed up in the novels just like in the anime, what's yours?
Old 2011-10-09, 03:05   Link #112
Essa Maneira
Tsukiko! ♥

at last.... i watched again this series last 2 years (the first one i watched on tv )
The connection between the 1st ep (final) and the last ep (2nd) was really cemented.
Shana's smile was of course what we thought of happy ending but in a sudden, Yuji was gone...

Who's that voice talking to Yuji inside? (i've heard that voice in Fate/series )

HALA MADRID!
Old 2011-10-09, 03:20   Link #113
Deathscyther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
It's ok because apparently JC staff is trying to pretend it didn't happen more or less.
Now this is getting annoying. If you don't know what you're talking about, then it's wiser to not say anything about this matter.

How do you know that they are trying to pretend like it didn't happen? How can you say this after one episode? They actually flashed back to some scenes of the Statue of Pride arc (final arc of season II) in this episode after all. Or did you miss this?

They won't forget about any event that happened in season II, including the fillers. The plans of Bal Masque involving Konoe Fumina and the Statue of Pride will make sense soon enough as well. It's true that these things did not happen in the novels, but there is a good reason why Bal Masque did these things and the anime will explain this soon enough.

Just be patient and watch how this season will proceed. Not everything will be served on a silver platter right away. They will deliberately keep some things shrouded in mystery in the beginning.

Here are some really short summaries of season II for those who forgot what happened. I wrote down what's canon and what's filler as well.

Spoiler for summary of what happened during season II:
Old 2011-10-09, 03:39   Link #114
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essa Maneira View Post
at last.... i watched again this series last 2 years (the first one i watched on tv )
The connection between the 1st ep (final) and the last ep (2nd) was really cemented.
Shana's smile was of course what we thought of happy ending but in a sudden, Yuji was gone...

Who's that voice talking to Yuji inside? (i've heard that voice in Fate/series )

I can't spoiler...you have to watch the episodes for know this...,is a surprise.............
Old 2011-10-09, 04:35   Link #115
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegamiMiko View Post
My point was that the school festival and Pheles happened before Sabrac showed up in the novels just like in the anime, what's yours?
I vaguely remember the Trinity or Hecate at any rate clashing with Shana during the Pheles episodes is that right? That happens in vol 16 so it means they just switched around the events.
Old 2011-10-09, 07:27   Link #116
speedyexpress48
Boo, you whore

Send a message via AIM to speedyexpress48 Send a message via MSN to speedyexpress48 Send a message via Yahoo to speedyexpress48
Well, this episode is...good, but it's not excellent because...eh, I wished it would have flown with the story better.

That said, it sure doesn't disappoint me...the art, sound, characters were all...amazing. Hope the rest of the series is at least equally as good.

Your Friendly Bitcoin Trader|Go Avs/Broncos
Old 2011-10-09, 07:41   Link #117
Skullator
Ism

I am so hype for this new season.
And to celebrate the new frame of service we have been given, I pulled down some old ones and slapped on some SABISU SABISU!

Old 2011-10-09, 07:54   Link #118
ookamigirl

First episode was pretty good.
Wonder how & if they will be able to bring Yuji back.
Will be watching this.

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2011-10-09, 07:58   Link #119
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

You know what... the absentee referencing tone of the pilot episode of season 3 could have been bloody brilliant if the transition between seasons was smoother. So yes I echo the sentiments of others because the lack of of a more distinct continuity makes the episode's presentation and disjointed narrative that switches between characters and scenes to be a bit jarring.

That said, if you are able to fill in the gaps between seasons yourself using material or imagination, the episode's use of disjointed referencing to an event that we aren't able to see, forcing us to piece together this massive event on our own, was a rather gutsy and unique move considering the shows usual flow. It could have been a completely gripping and suspenseful if there was something in between to ease most of us back into the world of Flame Hazes and Crimsons.
Old 2011-10-09, 10:14   Link #120
klare

in the first minute i wanna ask "Yuuji, what happen to u"

then we were shown he said he wanna change, but does he have to switch side too?

an ok eps for me, i think they took some time to remind us of the previous things and characters, thus make it feel a bit slow

what ever is it, hope we get a good conclusion at the end of the season