AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-08-13, 02:48   Link #61
Blaat

Anyone else enjoying Naxx? Normal mode is pretty easy, heroic can be frustratingly challenging and the Hunter class challenge was really fun.

And I've already seen some fun combos online with the new Naxx cards like Baron Rivendare, Ancestral Spirit and Reincarnate.
Old 2014-08-13, 04:28   Link #62
Wigwams

im in need of gold to unlock the last 2 wings.

but yeah its fun.
Old 2014-08-13, 07:32   Link #63
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Military Quarter has been the most enjoyable section for me so far. Although Loatheb is easily the most coveted card. Sludge Belcher is fairly mandatory too.

Demonlock, Control Paladin and Midrange Priest have been regular in pro tournaments as a result of the Naxx cards. They're not taking up Crusher Shaman yet. Midrange Hunter and Miracle Rogue are still hot despite Loatheb becoming obligatory for any class.
Old 2014-08-13, 07:38   Link #64
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah, it's pretty fun so far. The new cards are interesting and it's fun to see what ones might work in my decks. Though definitely it seems like Loatheb is good for any and all of them.

Finally gathered enough gold to buy last week's quarter. Will probably take another week or so to afford this one with in game gold.

But I'm sure that'd be the point. Getting people to spend real money on Naxx would be the point and I'm just glad there is a free alternative.
Old 2014-08-13, 07:47   Link #65
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post

Demonlock, Control Paladin and Midrange Priest have been regular in pro tournaments as a result of the Naxx cards. They're not taking up Crusher Shaman yet. Midrange Hunter and Miracle Rogue are still hot despite Loatheb becoming obligatory for any class.
Is there a site that consolidates all these decklists neatly? Seems like every time I try to look decks up I have to sort through a million "hay guyz this iz my verzion of tha deck that i changed a bit and i won liek three ladder matchez w/ it so i think itz better lolol" before I can find the real decklist.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-13, 09:05   Link #66
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Is there a site that consolidates all these decklists neatly? Seems like every time I try to look decks up I have to sort through a million "hay guyz this iz my verzion of tha deck that i changed a bit and i won liek three ladder matchez w/ it so i think itz better lolol" before I can find the real decklist.
Look up the VGVN finals set from a few days ago between Amaz and Realz - great series. Full finals set link here. Their decklists are shown for a few minutes before a game starts.

Sites are generally more for reading pro articles and for using deck building/arena draft practice tools. Usually better to see a pro match or watch a stream. Pro events are regularly streamed on Twitch. As for pros that reguarly stream - Amaz, Trump, Masaan, Reynad and Hafu are ones I would recommend.
Old 2014-08-13, 09:38   Link #67
hamazura
whatever

700 gold... 700 gold... 700 gold... im free and for fun user, cant farm that much, if i could, maybe better playing arena...
Old 2014-08-13, 10:15   Link #68
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Note what I linked earlier was only current for that tournament. Mad Scientist is now appearing in Midrange Hunter & Freeze Mage and there's a revamped Midrange Priest using Zombie Chow and Dark Cultist since all those cards came out today.
Old 2014-08-13, 10:25   Link #69
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Look up the VGVN finals set from a few days ago between Amaz and Realz - great series. Full finals set link here. Their decklists are shown for a few minutes before a game starts.

Sites are generally more for reading pro articles and for using deck building/arena draft practice tools. Usually better to see a pro match or watch a stream. Pro events are regularly streamed on Twitch. As for pros that reguarly stream - Amaz, Trump, Masaan, Reynad and Hafu are ones I would recommend.
Thanks. I'm generally just looking for the lists for now, as I'm trying to get ideas as to what to craft after my decision to finally invest some money in the game resulted in an absolutely disastrous set of packs that produced very few playable cards (I'm talking like, out of 40 packs, 0 copies of key Commons like Earthen Ring Farseer, Harvest Golem, and Argent Squire, and playsets of terrible Epic garbage like Pit Lord.)

I used to watch Trump and Hafu pretty frequently but generally only when they were playing Arena. Have pretty much ignored constructed up to now. I've played MtG on and off for almost its entire 20 year lifespan though so I'm reasonably confident at least some skills will carry over and I'll be able to figure out how to play most decks with some practice.
Old 2014-08-13, 11:06   Link #70
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Packs are very flukey. For ages mine were terrible, but a few weeks ago I spent gold on about 50 and pulled Leeroy Jenkins, Bloodmage Thalnos and a lot of other useful stuff.

It's hard to tell what's best to craft now. Pre-Naxx, crafts with a definite return were fairly certain. Truth be told, Midrange Hunter doesn't need much of anything that's expensive and it has endured many meta shifts. But figure out for yourself what you'd like to play.
Old 2014-08-13, 12:16   Link #71
Blaat

I have 50 rares now I think (few of them crafted and disenchanted) and yet only 6 epics and 1 legendary, not counting the Naxx cards of course. So add me to the "I have crappy packs" list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
700 gold... 700 gold... 700 gold... im free and for fun user, cant farm that much, if i could, maybe better playing arena...
I've farmed the gold before hand by just doing the daily quests. I'm not good enough at arena to earn a profit.
Old 2014-08-13, 12:21   Link #72
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

The thing I really need to figure out is what one legendary I want to craft. One of the few reasonable things I pulled from my packs was a golden Al'Akir, which basically gives me access to any single legendary of my choice. I'm thinking Leeroy or Cairne because they seem to see the most use across the biggest variety of decks but I want to be absolutely sure, as I also have collector's OCD and know I will never see a golden Al'Akir ever again.

I was having fun for a little while with a silly budget aggro warrior list I found but I think the Naxx cards (especially Sludge Belcher) probably kill that dead at higher ranks. It already depended entirely on weapons to deal with random taunters and the new stuff just gives them too much value.
Old 2014-08-13, 18:49   Link #73
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Keep that Al'Akir! That card is brilliant. Especially if it's golden.

You have what you need to play Shaman optimally.
Old 2014-08-13, 18:54   Link #74
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I have 50 rares now I think (few of them crafted and disenchanted) and yet only 6 epics and 1 legendary, not counting the Naxx cards of course. So add me to the "I have crappy packs" list.

I've farmed the gold before hand by just doing the daily quests. I'm not good enough at arena to earn a profit.
arena is better imo,
pack + maybe gold + maybe powder
and for me,naxx is not that worthed for 700. card isnt that much interesting. i pretty much beaten most of naxx card user
Old 2014-08-13, 20:16   Link #75
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:

Keep that Al'Akir! That card is brilliant. Especially if it's golden.

You have what you need to play Shaman optimally.
Ok, that's all the convincing I need. I don't really enjoy playing Shaman but I value rare things very highly and was just looking for any excuse to keep this thing, haha.
Old 2014-08-13, 21:33   Link #76
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Ok, that's all the convincing I need. I don't really enjoy playing Shaman but I value rare things very highly and was just looking for any excuse to keep this thing, haha.
Look up the decklist Reynad and Amaz use for Shaman. With an Al'Akir, a Doomhammer and the staples, you can be very competitive with Shaman.

If it was something like a golden Nozdormu, I'd tell you to make a proper legendary out of it. But Al'Akir is one of the best class legendaries.
Old 2014-08-14, 02:32   Link #77
Blaat

Beaten all the latest heroic bosses, figuring out on how to beat Patchwerk was really fun. Going to miss these challenges when Naxx is over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
arena is better imo,
pack + maybe gold + maybe powder
and for me,naxx is not that worthed for 700. card isnt that much interesting. i pretty much beaten most of naxx card user
Arena pays back by itself if you get three wins (I think) which is roughly 50 gold + a pack but if you want to grind gold than arena is only better if you can consistently get 8 wins which is where you roughly get more than 150 gold. I don't think that's the case for most people here so for gold grinding questing is better.
Old 2014-08-14, 08:37   Link #78
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Look up the decklist Reynad and Amaz use for Shaman. With an Al'Akir, a Doomhammer and the staples, you can be very competitive with Shaman.

If it was something like a golden Nozdormu, I'd tell you to make a proper legendary out of it. But Al'Akir is one of the best class legendaries.
I'm having trouble finding a decklist for Reynad more recent than July but it looks like Amaz is not actually running Al'Akir. I suppose since I don't have Sylvanas I can try subbing him in for that though.
Old 2014-08-14, 10:42   Link #79
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
I'm having trouble finding a decklist for Reynad more recent than July but it looks like Amaz is not actually running Al'Akir. I suppose since I don't have Sylvanas I can try subbing him in for that though.
I don't think you've seen the correct decklist, then. Last time I saw Amaz play Shaman on ranked on stream, he used Al'Akir.

Watch a Reynad stream to see his lists, if possible. He freely shows them on stream. Or check the Tempo Storm website, because he is part of that organisation.
Old 2014-08-14, 23:50   Link #80
Wigwams

heroic patchwerk tank and spank took me way longer than i wanted. tried using priest mind vision to steal his weapon. didnt work at all.