AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-04-03, 21:28   Link #21
flou
That's no lady

Does anyone know if the first episode shows the opening or ending sequences? I was hoping to hear the opening by Puffy. But for God's sake, someone PLEASE post the raw or a summary at least!!!
flou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 06:36   Link #22
digiboy123
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to digiboy123
I haven't seen the raw as of yet, either. Just gonna have to wait. =/
digiboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 18:29   Link #23
hi no ken Jebus

Spoiler for ep 1:
hi no ken Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 04:50   Link #24
Grv
宜しく
*Fansubber

I've upped the 3Zi raw somewhere, so go look where you can find such things.

Still don't see why posting torrents to unlicensed raws is against the rules ;/

Last edited by Grv; 2007-04-05 at 06:15.
Grv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 05:37   Link #25
wao
OK.

The character designs really turn me off this. But perhaps I will get around to checking out the first episode if only to be curious at what the HELL this really is about.

Looking a the screens I still hate the character designs, but I love thos background designs! It's gotten a chance of me watching it now...

p.s. Grv, you better not post that 'round here
Old 2007-04-05, 05:48   Link #26
lommm
l'homme de lommm

uh oh. Grv gets a spanking today. Bad Grv. Bad. No soup for you.

@wao: i'm going to watch 2 eps. since it comes from a playwright, i am hoping it will be more literate than some of the other series i've seen this week...
those chara designs are *bleh* though!
lommm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 06:05   Link #27
Grv
宜しく
*Fansubber

Why spanking? ;/ It's not licensed.
Old 2007-04-05, 06:21   Link #28
wao
OK.

Don't mind lommm, he's just a little spank-happy. He likes spanking. I think he's hiding the fact that he keeps a collection of small boys and innocent cute animals at home exclusively for his spanking purposes.

And from what I can gauge with my terribly broken anime-o-meter, this isn't the type of show you come in expecting to be literate, despite it being written by a theatre playwright. It appears to be more of the "unbridled fun" with a smidge of interesting stuff here and there type. Not that I have anything against it, just that I don't feel like watching it now... yet.
Old 2007-04-05, 21:11   Link #29
Srin Tuar
無謀

The art style is wildly inconsistent.
A high realism cat next to a super abstract human is a weird composition.

I found the battle scene's really well animated- actually totally out of place but very well done. I would have watched the show just for that part.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 01:59   Link #30
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

The art was great. Too bad I didn't find the characters, pacing, or story interesting.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-07, 14:00   Link #31
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Fun first episode. Very talkie. So I didn't understand much of it. However those monster battles (and the monster hunters with their cartwheels and such) were certainly well animated (if inconsistent with the rest of it). But there's plenty of interesting stuff, principally...

Spoiler:

and Sora being so very cute with those stars in her eyes is instant win. I liked the gags and the mix of super deformed and stylized characters. It feels a lot like relatively low-key but incredibly fun shows like Yoshinaga-san'chi no Gargoyle. Shows that slowly gain a dedicated audience and end up being appreciated for it's uniqueness. It's certainly that. A nice surprise that taking a gamble turned up trumps.

Speaking of Garkun...yet again Norio Wakamoto steals the show. With just three lines this time
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-07, 14:26   Link #32
digiboy123
*Fansubber

The first episode was very wacky, and I loved the animation, especially the background~
Old 2007-04-10, 15:07   Link #33
itzfurrball

Send a message via ICQ to itzfurrball Send a message via AIM to itzfurrball Send a message via Yahoo to itzfurrball
first episode was fun... this is a show which doesn't have much chance to be subbed soon... you could say same category as yoshimune

screenshots:
Spoiler:
itzfurrball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 16:35   Link #34
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

^ No and that's a shame. This is one of the hidden gems of this season. Great animation, humour and voice acting. On that note I'm looking forward to ep 2, as Junpei (Rie Kugimiya) gets plenty of airtime...

Spoiler for oh moe! edo rocket:

Oh and the ED from last week, is in fact the OP so we get the real ED this week. Loved the OP animation btw with Sora and all her yukata changes and the characters flying into the sky

Last edited by Sonhex; 2007-04-10 at 16:48.
Old 2007-04-10, 21:12   Link #35
digiboy123
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex
Oh and the ED from last week, is in fact the OP so we get the real ED this week. Loved the OP animation btw with Sora and all her yukata changes and the characters flying into the sky
Yeah, really. I wasn't expecting much from the OP, but it's kinda catchy after a few listen-throughs.

I'm really looking forward to episode 2~
Old 2007-04-13, 15:46   Link #36
vuori
The red fish is wisdom

Sora (the green-haired girl) reminds me of Eureka.

Subs would be nice, though.
vuori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 16:28   Link #37
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Oh yeah, I agree about the subs. And Sora does look like an Edo-era Eureka, and both have similar personalities I think. Anyway a brilliant ep 2 takes a decidedly odd turn...

Spoiler:

I'm not usually a fan of Puffy's frenetic pop, but the OP's chorus is utterly addictive and it's been stuck in my head for the last day or so. In the OP, to further add to the oddness, Sora joins the characters in an Edo rock band, on mandolin. I think the ED is equally as catchy, with Sora getting all the screen time again in some rather well animated and stylish visuals.
Old 2007-04-13, 18:33   Link #38
flou
That's no lady

Rie Kugimiya almost steals the show as Seikichi's geeky embarrassed sister trying to calculate Sora's cuteness.

Apparently, Junpei's a boy, not a girl
flou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 19:20   Link #39
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flou View Post
Rie Kugimiya almost steals the show as Seikichi's geeky embarrassed sister trying to calculate Sora's cuteness.

Apparently, Junpei's a boy, not a girl
No! Then what have I been... Eww!

Wait, this is anime, I'm excused.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 00:09   Link #40
Oberon

Seen ep 1 & 2 now and I love it. Not only is it very well and consistently animated, the direction is great too. The jokes are actually funny, as are the deliveries by the voice actors. And so far the series has also my favorite ED tune. It's sad that this show will probably go under the radar of many who might have enjoyed it. I've seen only two bloggers who actually bothered to review episode 1 and there aren't even rumors about any fansubbers considering it (prove me wrong...please?).
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
historical, madhouse