AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On! - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 21 33.87%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 25.81%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 32.26%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 6.45%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.61%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-20, 09:59   Link #41
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptGloval View Post
I just love how Mio's New Year "thank you" rendered Ritsu speechless for a few seconds.
Not only that but Ritsu actually blushed. I wonder how many fanfiction shipping stories just got spawned (or proven right...)
Old 2010-01-20, 14:56   Link #42
Sparvid
*hic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
It was trip. If they had strip I would have read it as trip because that's what Mio did in the past.

Someone's mind is in the gutter...

Old 2010-01-20, 15:14   Link #43
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

MugiVision is approved.
Old 2010-01-20, 20:25   Link #44
OkamiNoKaze

I really liked this special episode, yeah, everyone was basically themselves, I can't wait for season 2, but this tided me over until then, though it is quite fitting timing it would come out at the same time as that other anime it's being compared to.
Old 2010-01-21, 00:19   Link #45
Moogie
quick scopes anyone?

This episode was the best. I just wish they showed more of the live performance. And was it just me or does the animation look better?
Old 2010-01-21, 03:45   Link #46
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntron View Post
Not only that but Ritsu actually blushed. I wonder how many fanfiction shipping stories just got spawned (or proven right...)
Mugi would approve of this of course .
The episode was pretty enjoyable and animation was very well done. I'd say 9/10 only for Sawako not getting enough time after meeting from someone her past, and the concert scene being really short.
MAL
Old 2010-01-21, 08:13   Link #47
Squawks
PSI you from behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogie View Post
This episode was the best. I just wish they showed more of the live performance. And was it just me or does the animation look better?
No, some parts even looked worse then the regular anime, still images wise that is.
Old 2010-01-23, 11:38   Link #48
klare

a nice eps to show a little bit of the band's live play

in the world of K-ON, everyone is nice, even for the punk-looking rock band members...
Old 2010-01-23, 17:48   Link #49
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMilk View Post
I was expecting a Suzumiya Haruhi "God Knows" epic-performance, or at least something close to it, since season 1 didn't really give us that. I hope they can at least do something half as good in season 2...
It's hard to say how much of it is fact and how much is rumour, but I remember reading not so long ago that Kyoto Animation pledged to never do anything like that again, as it was a death march for all the staff involved -- way too expensive, time-consuming, and tedious on a TV budget and schedule. It was one of those "do it once to prove that it's possible" things, even though it's crazy. I suspect this is why you'll never see anything that elaborate in this show or any other TV anime for a long while, and that's why it never surprised me that this show was very judicious about how it handled its concert scenes. I guess the major commercial success of first season might provide them some extra money to play with for season two, but I still doubt they'll ever go that far. So all that to say, I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you.
Old 2010-01-24, 17:47   Link #50
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
:3 Loved this.
Here's to hoping Season 2 will be like this
Old 2010-01-24, 19:05   Link #51
Dextro
He Without a Title

Well I wouldn't mind if the second season gets closer to this type of stories about them growing as a band and less to the "let's go get in bikinis and play in the beach under the excuse of practicing/studying" stories.

I don't mean to say I didn't enjoy K-On, I actually enjoyed it very much as a show that allowed me to just sit back and relax while watching some cute girls doing cute stuff but I always felt like they could do that and still show a bit of how they grow in their hobby since that was supposed to be the main focus of the show.

Anyway and back on topic: this was a nice episode to keep me happy until the second season comes along and we get the same episode 8 times in a row... Oh wait that's a different franchise, sorry 'bout that.

Carrying on: Overall I enjoyed the episode and was enough to help temporarily fill the gap left by the end of the first season in my anime viewing. My only regret is, like others have pointed out as well, that we didn't get much in the way of actual music and that Sawako-sensei didn't get much developed after meeting someone from the past (but since people say that was apparently filler I can understand why).

8/10 for me.
Old 2010-01-24, 23:11   Link #52
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
:3 I rewatched it.
I like how the scary looking people are so nice.
Man...Well, this is good enough to tide me over until season 2
Old 2010-01-25, 12:45   Link #53
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I've found the "scary looking people" are often the nicest.... while the "proper looking" folks or "right path" folks can be the most cruel or mean. Odd how that works.
Old 2010-01-26, 06:05   Link #54
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

anyone else here gets the feeling that Yui's drawing of their band logo and Java's logo almost looks alike?

Old 2010-01-26, 18:59   Link #55
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Over all, I liked this episode and yay for Azusa in Tiger mode. Also, it's always good to be able to experience more of the one known as Ritsu.
Old 2010-01-27, 20:12   Link #56
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

As a bridge episode to get us ready for season 2, this episode managed to do it nicely, I am ready for more fuwa fuwa time

http://gamesmind.wordpress.com/2010/...-strikes-back/
my entry on this episode
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2010-02-02, 21:48   Link #57
Tiberium Wolf

This thing with the live house reminded me of the game Kira Kira.
Old 2010-02-03, 09:54   Link #58
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

This was a very fun episode that reminded me why I enjoyed K-ON! in spite of its flaws. This really makes me look forward to spring and the second season.
Closed Thread