Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2004-11-23, 14:19   Link #1
Anita-chan
Disabled By Request

making a opening sequence for a show

'ello....

i was wondering if it was possible to manipulate the images that you guys use for your sigs etc and put maybe .... my own title ...

i want to make a opening sequence with the title kids click for a project that im trying to do ... its a kids tv program..

i was just thinking ... if i would be able to use a small sequence from certain animes and place the name of the show, then i wont have to record my own opening sequence ... thanks

let me knwo thanks

i just wanted to make it look nice and cute so its more attractive to kids all the people in my group aint exactly very kawaii or appealing =.=
Anita-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 15:23   Link #2
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Err...

What exactly as you asking for? Permission to use people's sigs (?!) or the source images perhaps? How does this relate to using small sequences from different anime?

No one here is in a position to grant you permission to use sequences from any anime... for something like that to be "legal" you would need written permission from the company that owns the show.

When you say "place the name of the show" do you mean, your show's name or the name of the anime? If the show you're making is about the anime and it only uses short clips you could possibly justify using the them as "fair use"... I think I understand what you want to do with the clips, but I don't understand why or what you are asking of us (the AnimeSuki community?) to do about it / for you?

NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 15:34   Link #3
Anita-chan
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWish
Err...

What exactly as you asking for? Permission to use people's sigs (?!) or the source images perhaps? How does this relate to using small sequences from different anime?

No one here is in a position to grant you permission to use sequences from any anime... for something like that to be "legal" you would need written permission from the company that owns the show.

When you say "place the name of the show" do you mean, your show's name or the name of the anime? If the show you're making is about the anime and it only uses short clips you could possibly justify using the them as "fair use"... I think I understand what you want to do with the clips, but I don't understand why or what you are asking of us (the AnimeSuki community?) to do about it / for you?

basically, i have to complete a project of producing a kids tv programme but im not sure how to make an opening for it ... so i was asking, if it was possible to just simply take a section out of an anime .... and place the name of MY programmes title there ....

its just like an animated sig/avatar ... but its just a tad bit longer ... it wouldnt be illegal would it =S its just a small presentation!

im asking if its possibel to do such a thing ... im not asking for people to grant me permission but if its possible ... and if so ... could they help me or guide me to make one ....

also if i did take a short clip out from an anime WOULD it be possible to place any sort of text in the clip?
Old 2004-11-23, 15:45   Link #4
音楽は死んだ
Boobies˛ = Fun

Send a message via Yahoo to 音楽は死んだ
Well you could do that.

But it sounds as if what your looking to do is more suited to video editing or using a presentation program than image editing.
音楽は死んだ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 15:46   Link #5
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita-chan
<snip>...its just a small presentation!
im asking if its possibel to do such a thing<snip>
could they help me or guide me to make one<snip>
WOULD it be possible to place any sort of text in the clip?
I see, in which case... Yes, it is possible, but it depends what software and equipment you have to work with (Edit: see the note in the post above)? If this is a school project, what do they provide you in terms of editing facilities? Will they let you just use Anime footage like that? Have you check with the teachers(?) etc about it... might be worth asking them.

Are we talking video here or some other sort of presentation? Not sure about the guide; but I'm sure some of the members know a fair bit about video and there are a number of threads about putting subtitles on anime, which amounts to the same thing as putting your show title over the anime. So I'm sure someone can get give you links that would help. The Tech Support forum (Edit: where this has been moved) has threads that could help...
Old 2004-11-23, 16:06   Link #6
Anita-chan
Disabled By Request

Quote:
I see, in which case... Yes, it is possible, but it depends what software and equipment you have to work with (Edit: see the note in the post above)? If this is a school project, what do they provide you in terms of editing facilities? Will they let you just use Anime footage like that? Have you check with the teachers(?) etc about it... might be worth asking them.

Are we talking video here or some other sort of presentation? Not sure about the guide; but I'm sure some of the members know a fair bit about video and there are a number of threads about putting subtitles on anime, which amounts to the same thing as putting your show title over the anime. So I'm sure someone can get give you links that would help. The Tech Support forum (Edit: where this has been moved) has threads that could help...
well i dont have any sort of programs to do such things .... would paint shop pro 8 help?

i was hoping someone else would provide a list of programs i coudl download .... i saw in the chibi work shop thread that you could use virtual dub or something liek that to print screen animes to make into a clip ....

am i right?

its a presentation ... you knowwwww.... just the opening sequence ... like the simpsons intro ... bart going hom homer coming from work ... all end up in sofa ... that sorta stuff ...

if someone can help me make it, please pm me ... i would be mroe than grateful
Old 2004-11-23, 16:19   Link #7
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
its a presentation ... you knowwwww.... just the opening sequence ... like the simpsons intro ... bart going hom homer coming from work ... all end up in sofa ... that sorta stuff ...
Yes we know what an opening sequence is, what's being asked is what sort of presentation is it you are trying to do. Is it a school project (i.e. are you trying to get your homework done for you...). Earlier you said.
Quote:
i want to make a opening sequence with the title kids click for a project that im trying to do ... its a kids tv program..
all the people in my group aint exactly very kawaii or appealing =.=
Having difficulty trying to understand what it is you are trying to say but you mention "i want to make a opening sequence... kids click...its a kids tv program".

Does this mean it's some sort of web page design? Where you can click on an image (the opening sequence).

Or is it a presentation where you stand up and demonstrate the opening sequence you have produced?

Oh, and I think if it is for school (educational purposes), then you may use licensed material (as long as it's for a demo or for course work).

Bottom line, don't assume we know what it is you are talking about. Explain yourself.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 16:35   Link #8
Anita-chan
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
Yes we know what an opening sequence is, what's being asked is what sort of presentation is it you are trying to do. Is it a school project (i.e. are you trying to get your homework done for you...). Earlier you said.

Having difficulty trying to understand what it is you are trying to say but you mention "i want to make a opening sequence... kids click...its a kids tv program".

Does this mean it's some sort of web page design? Where you can click on an image (the opening sequence).

Or is it a presentation where you stand up and demonstrate the opening sequence you have produced?

Oh, and I think if it is for school (educational purposes), then you may use licensed material (as long as it's for a demo or for course work).

Bottom line, don't assume we know what it is you are talking about. Explain yourself.
=_= i didnt assume anything ... this is coursework ... ummmm, i dont have to present it like stand in front of people and explain what i've done, but it goes onto a tape and it gets sent off to examiners and they see what kind of content we have used on the tape ... they mark us on what we are able to produce such as being able to manipulate images and make it so that they serve our own purpose ..

ummmm, so yeah .... basically, i want to make a cartoon which includes my name and is appropiate for kids ... roughly about 10 - 20 secs long....

Old 2004-11-23, 16:46   Link #9
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Where I went to school they called that course "video production" ... heh, but we had a video editing suit attached to the Drama department... do you have similar facilities for the project (you're about the right age for such a course)?

I'm kind-a guessing you don't or you would have been told how to use it... which is odd because I can't imagine how they expect you to do it without such things.
Old 2004-11-23, 17:08   Link #10
Anita-chan
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Where I went to school they called that course "video production" ... heh, but we had a video editing suit attached to the Drama department... do you have similar facilities for the project (you're about the right age for such a course)?

I'm kind-a guessing you don't or you would have been told how to use it... which is odd because I can't imagine how they expect you to do it without such things.
well, we do hve editing facilities ... but ive never seen them let alone used them ... we dont HAVE TO do this kind of production but, im lazy to film an opening sequence cos we need to plan so much, so im was thinking of a short cut ^^;;

i still have to ask if its permitted for me to use material not of mine, so this is just asking if it possibel and if im alloed to do it .

:d
Old 2004-11-23, 17:58   Link #11
Shoeshefied

Send a message via AIM to Shoeshefied
urm.... so its like a parody right... Juss kidn.. =T, how bout using the good ol' Macromedia Flash stuff.. its simple and less frustrating. The brushes are Kid like environmental too. Just a suggestion
Shoeshefied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 18:11   Link #12
Sides

How's about using few cardboad sheets and some felt-tip pen
plus a HI-8 camcorder, and maybe one of these music toys ^^
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 11:14   Link #13
Anita-chan
Disabled By Request

video animation software

hallo,

i just asked my teacher and she said it isnt possibel for me to use something i didnt create for my intro ... sooo....

ive decided to make a small flash animation with colourful balls flying around splats on the wall, funny blobs jumping about and then make that into my intro ....

i also want to creat a background with a viedo fixed on the background ... for example after the intro the shot jumsp straight to me and i announce whats on the program ... this is when a bg appears (im out of the shot) and theres small video clips in a small box on the right to match what is going to be viewed on the show ... i hope you knwo what i mean ....

i wanted to knwo any software i could use to do such a thing ... i've foudn a website that can teach me how to do this .. www.good-tutorials.com ... or something along those lines ...

i would appreciate if you provide me with names of software i can use/buy and websites to aid me in doing so

Last edited by NightWish; 2004-11-25 at 11:46. Reason: Thread Merged: Lets not make more threads than we need, k?
Old 2004-11-26, 07:39   Link #14
subcool
Arienai Co-Founder

Send a message via ICQ to subcool Send a message via AIM to subcool
best way to make nice video stuff is Adobe After Effects, its a bit complicated. But if you can find a nice tutorial for it, you'll manage =P

I'v been messing around with it a bit myself too
subcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-26, 09:01   Link #15
Sides

well my sister studies BA (Hons) in Photography, Film and Imaging.
I think she made an animation project back in the first year using Flash MX (macromedia)
just check out their site, register and download the trail version (maybe the tutorial pdf on their site as well)
as far as i know it is easy to handle
later on she started to use programs from avid for everything basically (animation editing and so on), in her course.
(don't think avid offers any trail version of ther software)

good luck

Last edited by Sides; 2004-11-26 at 09:15.
Old 2004-11-26, 10:08   Link #16
Anita-chan
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides
well my sister studies BA (Hons) in Photography, Film and Imaging.
I think she made an animation project back in the first year using Flash MX (macromedia)
just check out their site, register and download the trail version (maybe the tutorial pdf on their site as well)
as far as i know it is easy to handle
later on she started to use programs from avid for everything basically (animation editing and so on), in her course.
(don't think avid offers any trail version of ther software)

good luck
ive got flash mx now, but im not sure how to use it >< so many dodgy words and dodgy buttons like .... that word they use for a bouncing marquee ... god knwos what its called...

i woudl wish they called it somethign mroe simpler ... like a button called, make bounce left and right

can anyoen provide me with links to a tutorial ... this is pretty urgent now ^^"
Old 2004-11-26, 12:08   Link #17
Sides

try these
http://www.macromedia.com/support/do...tion/en/flash/
http://www.macromedia.com/support/fl...tutorials.html
http://www2.bc.edu/~bessetci/mc021/Flash%20tutorial.htm

here is a good site with some funny flash animations
http://www.weebl.jolt.co.uk/