AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2013-10-17, 21:45   Link #881
CBredbeard
Banned

Ruby didn't show great speed in her trailer. I would have thought being a proficient scythe wielder would be enough to make her special. That and maybe some special property of her cloak allowing her to seemingly disappear at will. However, making her a speedster while wielding the most deadly weapon in the series? Isn't that just broken?

She'd kill EVERYONE if she were serious, because there is absolutely no beating a speed blitz. Speed KILLS.
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 22:06   Link #882
ScorchingFlames
Jack of Blades

Well if it's any consultation, Ruby could only use that maneuver once she switched to a special magazine. At least thats what I interpreted from the Ruby trailer.

In the emerald forest part 2, it appeared that Ruby was about to perform it until Weiss stoped her. So that they could escape the wolf's and fire that was caused from Wiess changing the direction of her attack.

Also I just realized that episode 14, didn't include the starting scene with Nora pulling a ninja on Pyrrha. Which was shown at NYCC, so that means there are some scenes that are edited from the episodes that have aired so far.
ScorchingFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 22:21   Link #883
Tormenk

And thus Jaune and Pyrrha spend all night knocking each other down on the rooftop afterwards. IYKWIM.

Jokes aside this arc was wrapped up nicely, straight forward but well-done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post

* Ruby's is speed (yes, she is faster than Weiss), and Weiss's is glitz.
Weiss's is probably glyphs.

Kinda iffy that Ruby got placed ahead in speed but no big deal, even if Weiss might be actually faster she won't zip around in a flash all the time so perhaps Pyrrha was speaking out for their forte in combat.

And before anyone drags Blake into this she's fast in maneuverability, not in speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturia Polaris View Post
What the hell does Pyrrha see in Jaune?

Cheers
Pyrrha might have had it even worse starting out than Jaune and had to learn all on her own so she's helping Jaune out of goodwill from her past experience. Her character semblance is all Greek-inspired though so perhaps some obscure legend is being used for her actions here.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 23:15   Link #884
bigdeath

Ruby has already shown more than once shes faster than Weiss. Much faster. When they first teamed up in the forest, Ruby would rush far past Weiss to engage the enemy. Ruby made a point of showing off her superior speed to Weiss' irritation. I'm not sure how you guys can not notice the great difference in speed between the two when Ruby's gone out of her way to point it out. That said, Ruby's attacks are rather reckless so its not enough to make her invincible or superior to the other girls of her team.
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-18, 02:52   Link #885
Raviel

Pyrrha's face towards towards the end of this episode was priceless

It had the word "Score!" written all over it, although on a more serious note, I am slightly disappointed that the Rapier Wasps that Cardin brought weren't used for more hilarious things. Also, considering the talk of cliche episodes lately, would it be weird if I found this one to be more cliche than the others? (not that that detracted from my enjoyment)

That said, for one reason or another, Jaune's behavior makes perfect sense to me...............not that I've done something similar in the past..........sort of.

P.S. Pyrrha's accuracy with her weapons makes a bit more sense now considering her power.
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-18, 03:55   Link #886
Tenzen12

Ruby IS confirmed to be faster now on her own. Weiss still migh be able top her with buffs (wheither it's that case is yet to see).
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-18, 07:21   Link #887
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy View Post
I think I'll speculate by the rule of selective magnetism here and guess that she can force non-magnetic objects to have magnetic properties.
It's probably more like the writers themselves don't really know what is and what is not magnetic, although the end result is the same, not unlike a Looney Tunes cartoon where every metal object within the magnetic field gets piled on top of the villain.

Quote:
And yeah. Ruby is probably confirmed to be faster than Weiss and probably Blake, but Blake is stilll the only one who can vertically wall run unaided by anything but her own speed.
This does seem to be the case, although Professor Oobleck appears to be faster than any of them. That's the Power of Coffee (or whatever it is that he's drinking).

I find it comical that some people claim that Ruby isn't fast at all. Anyone who can move fast enough to avoid being hit by a rapid-fire weapon certainly earns my respect as a speed demon (those detractors will say he was just a poor shot).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Weiss's is probably glyphs.
You might be right there. It's either that I'm losing my hearing, or the some of the diction and enunciation of some of the VAs is lacking. I noticed this before, particularly in episode 3 The Shining Beacon Part 2 where Yang says of Blake, "She's a lost cause." The word "cause" just kind of trails off without proper enunciation, making it difficult to understand what she's saying.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-18, 11:00   Link #888
CBredbeard
Banned

Weiss is the fastest. She's covered the most distance and she's made the most abrupt changes in direction. Her rapier and her glyphs are very powerful and versatile.

Ruby deserves props for using Crescent Rose like she does, but the recoil isn't anywhere near as powerful or flexible as Weiss's glyphs. To get the same effect as Weiss does with Myrtenaster, Ruby has to shoot dozens of times and can barely control her own momentum, let alone change direction.

If you take away their equipment, Ruby might be faster than Weiss, but when armed she isn't anywhere close. Granted, it is one of her glyph settings that allows Weiss to move with such casual speed and accuracy and with that comes the cost of not being able to use the other settings at the same time, but that doesn't change the fact that what she can achieve in terms of pure mobility trumps that of Ruby and is only rivaled by Blake's ninjaness.
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-18, 11:54   Link #889
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Great episode.
Jaune finally show Cardin/Carden/Whatever his name from CRDL that he's not afraid of him anymore.
Old 2013-10-19, 01:19   Link #890
Hedd
Random Object

No RWBY next week, seems they're saving it up for 2 biggies to end the season.
Old 2013-10-19, 23:13   Link #891
saravis

Quote:

Cheers
Pretty sure he demonstrated the answer to that in this episode.
Hint: Nothing to do with his skills or looks
Old 2013-10-20, 04:26   Link #892
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:

Cheers
He's got a big...aura...

Besides. What are her options? Ren? Taken (although he and Nora may be the only ones not to know). Ozpin? Too old. Cardin? Gigantic racist asshole and (as proven in this last episode) coward. The other male members of CRDL? Dorkier versions of Cardin.

Frankly I don't see how every girl in the series (but Nora) isn't throwing themselves at Jaune. RWBY post-Volume 1 = Jaune Arc harem anime. Calling it now.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 04:38   Link #893
Tenzen12

Let's be fair to Cardin, did you see his expression on the end? I am betting on redemption and big damn hero scene in future for CRDL.

Ozpin? Ok he's is not THAT odl and he awesome, not mention there is also that hyperactive teacher as well.

Oh and there was some good looking unnamed guys in common lodging before initiation wasn't there?

Pyrrha not just have lot of choices, but she also can choose anyone she want.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 04:57   Link #894
Raviel

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
He's got a big...aura...

Besides. What are her options? Ren? Taken (although he and Nora may be the only ones not to know). Ozpin? Too old. Cardin? Gigantic racist asshole and (as proven in this last episode) coward. The other male members of CRDL? Dorkier versions of Cardin.

Frankly I don't see how every girl in the series (but Nora) isn't throwing themselves at Jaune. RWBY post-Volume 1 = Jaune Arc harem anime. Calling it now.
Jaune harem anime....maybe it could be side story if the show is popular enough? Kinda like some of the extra RvB episodes or something XD

Maybe they'll make Jaune harem Arc.....heh.....see what I did there?

......ok that was bad *shot*

At any rate, I'm calling it now, death flags have been raised for Cardin (assuming the show goes that far of course, did they ever mention if there would be death given that Monty said they wanted to keep the show "wholesome"?
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 07:05   Link #895
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Besides. What are her options?
How about nobody? She doesn't have to like someone else, if not Jaune. It's not as if Pyrrha went to Beacon Academy to find herself a husband. For some inexplicable reason, she appears to have fallen in love with him the first time she saw him. As clichéd as it seems, it does happen.

Not that I mind. I think, in the long run, they will make a splendid couple. Now that Jaune has asked Pyrrha for help, I'm sure she will be able to whip him into shape, and make a fine warrior out of him. However, in the long run, I still see Pyrrha as the one who will "wear the pants in the family," as the saying goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Let's be fair to Cardin, did you see his expression on the end? I am betting on redemption and big damn hero scene in future for CRDL.
My thoughts, exactly. They can't have our final impression of team CRDL running away like a bunch of sissies. Or can they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
Jaune harem anime....
Sounds like you want an anime where a lot of females get slaughtered by an Amazonian warrior.
Old 2013-10-20, 08:52   Link #896
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Since when is Pyrrha amazonian? She's greek if anything else!

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 09:07   Link #897
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Since when is Pyrrha amazonian? She's greek if anything else!
From Merriam Wesbster:

Quote:
1. capitalized : a member of a race of female warriors of Greek mythology
Old 2013-10-20, 09:13   Link #898
Kreceir

NSFW
Ruby in Kill la Kill costume
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-10-20, 09:31   Link #899
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
Touche. Amazonian equated to amazon forest deep in brazil.

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 09:34   Link #900
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreceir View Post
NSFW
Ruby in Kill la Kill costume
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Good grief! No, please, no!

Tags
action, cgi, fairy tale, fantasy, rooster teeth, rwby