AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note - Episode 37 Rating
Perfect 10 208 44.26%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 79 16.81%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 55 11.70%
7 out of 10 : Good 37 7.87%
6 out of 10 : Average 22 4.68%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 1.49%
4 out of 10 : Poor 10 2.13%
3 out of 10 : Bad 9 1.91%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.85%
1 out of 10 : Painful 39 8.30%
Voters: 470. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-28, 17:36   Link #201
ShoyzX

Quick question, if you erase a name from a page/peice of the Death Note, can you re-use the spot the name was on? If so, a small peice of the Death Note like the one Light had in his watch would be pretty equivilent to the actual thing...
Old 2007-06-28, 20:04   Link #202
Verge

Heya, I just made an account here to talk with you all about this amazing finale .

Though the better part of me is pretty sure she jumped, I like to believe that Misa finally came to her senses at the last second. I watched the last few minutes of the episode several times already just because it was so breathtaking, and in that moment where it shows Misa's face, and she shuts her eyes, it sorta struck me as a shamed realization of what she had been doing, and where she was now. Had she simply stood there and looked off into the distance without any expression whatsoever, I'd be 100% sure she jumped.

As for Light's actual death, I don't think it could have been done any other way. From his squirming around helplessly in front of all the others, to holding on to a false hope that he might actually run away, and finally to his eventual acceptance of the inevitable.

I also really liked how you saw L standing there, but his face was hidden. Nice touch

And by the way, I've downloaded the Death Note OSTs 1-3, but I can't seem to find that one song that's playing as Light is running away. Not the music that played when the credits started, (Coda) but the track right before it. Anybody know what it was?
Old 2007-06-28, 20:06   Link #203
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoyzX View Post
Quick question, if you erase a name from a page/peice of the Death Note, can you re-use the spot the name was on? If so, a small peice of the Death Note like the one Light had in his watch would be pretty equivilent to the actual thing...
Once the name is written down, it doesn't matter if you erase it or burn the paper, the target still die. Ofcourse there is a 'one shot' death note manga which introduce the death eraser that let you erase the name from the note (the target will revive as long as the corpe is not burnt), but that is totally unrelated.
Old 2007-06-28, 20:34   Link #204
ShoyzX

Quote:
Originally Posted by quina View Post
Once the name is written down, it doesn't matter if you erase it or burn the paper, the target still die. Ofcourse there is a 'one shot' death note manga which introduce the death eraser that let you erase the name from the note (the target will revive as long as the corpe is not burnt), but that is totally unrelated.
No, that wasn't what I was asking..
If you erase the name off of the peice of the Death Note, they'll still be dead and all, but can you write a different name where that name was and it will work? If so, infinate Death Note pages wouldn't be needed.
Old 2007-06-28, 21:27   Link #205
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verge View Post
And by the way, I've downloaded the Death Note OSTs 1-3, but I can't seem to find that one song that's playing as Light is running away. Not the music that played when the credits started, (Coda) but the track right before it. Anybody know what it was?
L no Kako.
Old 2007-06-28, 21:35   Link #206
Verge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
L no Kako.
Wow, so I had it the whole time. Wonder how I missed that

Thanks mate.
Old 2007-06-28, 23:32   Link #207
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Well, it amazes me that even to the end, there are still those viewers who contend Light wasn't evil. Just goes to show that some aspects of the story aren't all that far-fetched.

Now, as to the end, well - for me it was ultimately satisfying in that Light finally did get what was coming to him. As for the way it was done, it wasn't especially surprising or inventive - but there was some nice moments in the aftermath, especially with Matsuda stepping up as the most angry and the most heroic. And while I don't see what he got was a heroes death, it did have a certain poetry to it that befits the central character of an epic story like this one. Right down to L being the last thing he sees before MU...
Old 2007-06-28, 23:36   Link #208
mikeabundo
mikeabundo.com

Send a message via ICQ to mikeabundo Send a message via AIM to mikeabundo Send a message via MSN to mikeabundo Send a message via Yahoo to mikeabundo
Thumbs up Light was one tough bastard.

This finale compelled me to write a whole new blog entry.

Quote:
Judging from the time on his watch when he received five bullet wounds from the betrayed Matsuda, and the color of the sky when he closed his eyes, Light must’ve been bleeding all over the place for at least four hours before he died. Kira was clearly one tough bastard.
At least this time, Light doesn't just give swimming lessons. He shows everyone how to run, too.
Old 2007-06-28, 23:42   Link #209
vhx

The ending was great, not what I had hoped but good none the less. He came so far but in the end was defeated.

I think that Light ended up getting too overconfident and that was his downfall. In almost every case prior to this he had Plan A, B, C but he just had a plan A here. He SHOULD have had a backup plan in case Near read his movements, theres no excuse for NOT having another plan in the works. I also think he was too distracted about making his 'perfect' world than he was battling Near.

It's crazy how one mistake from Mikami cost Light everything. I'm also amazed that Mikami didn't test the notebook prior to coming, just in case. That would have been the FIRST thing I would have done.

I was half-expected Ryuk to bail him out so Ryuk could continue to be entertained, but in the end it was all for his slight amusement. Ah well, damn, I wish they had a Death Note 2 with someone else getting it, battling Near or an equal foe, that would be awesome. One can only dream.

P.S. Poor Misa. But I guess she didn't have any memories of the Death Note anyways.
Old 2007-06-29, 01:30   Link #210
Edgewalker
Nani ?

Awesome ending, I kind of like the changes and kind of don't. Less focus on the whole "life after death" thing the manga had.
Old 2007-06-29, 04:59   Link #211
shaydie

i got alot of bitchin to do, so either cover your ears (eyes) or just roll with it

first of all

The Ending - Hated it. yeah yeah, light was gonna die sooner or later, it was tragic, it was emotional, blah blah blah... TYPICAL. Death note has always been about intelligence, suspense and unpredictability. This episode lacked all of it. The last few episodes had me all worked up, anticipating a great final climax, and what do i get? sucker-punched in the face.

Light - yeah he's evil. understatement. but seriously, lets not get into morals and ethics here, cuz lets not forget hes just an animated character. Of course what he was doing was wrong, but thats what made the show so badass. I honestly enjoyed indulging in the brilliance of his evil throughout the series, but its not like i would really support him. it was just dissappointing to see him go out in such a pathetic manner. I mean com on, hes smarter than that. Im not a light fan. Im not a anybody fan. I just like good anime and this last episode was a real let down.

Near - pulls too much shit out of his ass. L at least bases his theories on evidence and research. Near merely goes on a hunch, and is right every fuckin time! Doesnt it just seem a bit too unrealistic? eg. out of the blue suspected mikami of being second kira, with no prior connection or background. (and theres alot more too). Pisses me off!

Mello - so he kidnaps takada. gets himself killed. and manages to get mikami to use the real death note. HOW DA HELL did he know it was a fake in the first place? HOW DA HELL did he even know about mikami??

Mikami - well we all know why hes a moron. however, i actually enjoyed his final moments. what was going through his mind? did he feel betrayed for idolizing in a false god? or did he actually feel guilty for screwing everything up for kira? who knows...

Just wanted to get this off my chest. Overall, its been the best series. Whats done is done, cant be changed now. No point in indulging in alternate endings and fantasies.
Old 2007-06-29, 05:27   Link #212
Rem and Ryuk

I hope that OVA explains a lot and ends up being good. Can't wait
Old 2007-06-29, 08:59   Link #213
ReinhartX

i find myself replaying at 9:13 to 9:30 where light was laughing like a possesed mad man 8D the laugh was too good
Old 2007-06-29, 09:10   Link #214
Zishi

Lights voiceactor is doing an awesome job in this episode. Maybe the best voiceacting I have ever heard. He had feeling and it wasnt feeling false.
Old 2007-06-29, 09:28   Link #215
Ryuk

Funny how out of character Light was at the end. If he was thinking straight he would not try to do the clock trick before he had been handcuffed and put in the back of a police car. It did not seem that it occurred to near(or the others) that he had a hidden piece of note in his clock before he frantically tried to use it in front of them
Old 2007-06-29, 10:00   Link #216
Jehuty77
Legendary Hero

Send a message via MSN to Jehuty77
Could someone make a thread called "Nears Decductions" because seriously I'd like to see a complete break down of how he solved the Kira Case.

To me it just seemed like he pulled alot out of his ass, his case was totally based on hunches and "what ifs" which he just happened to get correct every time.

So rediculess.

So someone please put up a thread or something so we can analyze his deductions.
Old 2007-06-29, 13:53   Link #217
Boris Moskovitz
(-.-)

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:
Quote:
To me it just seemed like he pulled alot out of his ass, his case was totally based on hunches and "what ifs" which he just happened to get correct every time.
Either that, or Near's a psychic.
Old 2007-06-29, 14:27   Link #218
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaydie View Post
Mello - so he kidnaps takada. gets himself killed. and manages to get mikami to use the real death note. HOW DA HELL did he know it was a fake in the first place? HOW DA HELL did he even know about mikami??
Halle Lidner kept him informed about what was going on in the SPK, so when he heard of them spying on Mikami to get his Death Note, he suspected Mikami was using a fake, which Near didnt.

I totally agree about Near, he does guess things way too convienently, which along with him being a chibi wannabe version of L, makes him my least favorite character.
Old 2007-06-29, 16:59   Link #219
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
It's over.

Spoiler:
Agreed I prefer the anime's ending over the manga. Plus we get to see what happens to Misa (or should I say is implied in the anime) which was mention 13th Volume "Death Note - How to Read". Hell I even felt pitied towards Light as he was walking down the street. My hatred towards for killing L knows no bounds lol plus Light seeing L as he was dieing on the stairway was iceing on the cake for me. Far better ending then the manga which ended in a wtf? who was that at the end but was later clear up by the manga-ka just random Kira cult admire.
Old 2007-06-29, 21:30   Link #220
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

New World

What a spectacular closure for Death Note.

Light's tragedy was even better than that of Hamlet, Ophelia, or Faust.

The fall from grace, the exposure, the humilliation, the confession, the insanity, the deception, the vulnerabilities, all of them choreographically orchestrated in cinema-play style.

I do have to say that Light lost my sympathy when he tried any last-ditch attempts to talk his out of the accusations when it was already far explicitly proved and shown that he was Kira.
Spoiler:

It was so sad but particularly for Matsuda, who I least expected from all the cast to snap frenzied.
Spoiler:
Closed Thread