AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-05-30, 00:40   Link #41
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Ep 08

Very interesting regarding the further unexpected reveals of Meguru's backstory - although there is still more to come. Also, the showdown between the twin angels and the android twins is imminent.

This series has gone to places I had not anticipated it would, and has become better than anticipated.
Old 2017-06-02, 18:55   Link #42
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well that got dark.

And this is why you don't let the villain move once you win. The moment she started to reach for that detonator they should have cut her throat. Admittedly a dark move. But considering the end result I think that would have been a reasonable tactical decision.
Old 2017-06-02, 19:17   Link #43
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Ep 09

Noooooo ... so sad.

Certainly was not expecting things to end that way....
Old 2017-06-02, 21:02   Link #44
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Poor Vail and Nui just when they became freind with everyone
Old 2017-06-03, 07:14   Link #45
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 9:

Why is it sometimes a trope in japanese shows where villains who don't want to do bad things anymore get killed? I saw this sort happening in some other shows I've watched years ago.

Expecting Meguru to be super sad on the next ep.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-09, 20:56   Link #46
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Meguru was revealed to be apart of a dark clan and got kidnapped by Mary for her plan
Old 2017-06-10, 08:24   Link #47
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Episode 10:

Did not expect the part that Meguru has the power of darkness... and because of that forced to make coins by Mary. I hope Sumire can rescue her in time.

Billy is still alive. Looks like he will be help to the twin angels.
Old 2017-06-16, 21:14   Link #48
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

The old gang is back but it seems that theres a connection between Sumire and Meguru
Old 2017-06-23, 04:18   Link #49
FractalFusion

After researching the franchise, I finally watched the first Kaitou Tenshi Twin Angel OVA as well as the TV series (Kyunkyun Tokimeki Paradise/Twinkle Paradise). My thoughts below.

I think that the first OVA and the first few episodes of Kyunkyun Tokimeki Paradise are weak episodes. They feel more like a collection of pachislot gimmicks rather than episodes from a (more) normal anime series. (I am somewhat aware of what the pachislot is like, having looked it up on Youtube and Nicovideo.) There are also the quality issues, but that is unfortunately in everything Twin Angel-related anyway, since you don't have to try very hard to make money when it comes to advertising pachislot. Other things:

- Kyunkyun Tokimeki Paradise does get better around episode 5 (when the overarching plot starts to reveal itself) but not by much.
- Saijou, Tesla and Nine are the only characters with any sort of depth here.
- Black Trader also had potential depth before he turned ridiculously evil near the end much like Mary did in Twin Angel Break. And here I thought Black Trader was supposed to be more sympathetic.
- The first OVA and Kyunkyun Tokimeki Paradise succeeded in making me like Haruka/Aoi/Kurumi even less than when I saw them in Twin Angel Break, which is a little disappointing because I wanted to like them more.
- Important pachislot characters Eris Fillius and Lilica Astadir make guest appearances in Episode 10 (when Misty Knight visits Italy).

Anyway, Kyunkyun Tokimeki Paradise in the end turned out to be OK at the end but there are some shortcomings, notably the seeming inability to divorce itself from the typical immaturity that plagues a lot of anime out there. In retrospect, I admire Twin Angel Break for being a more down-to-earth story (I prefer slice-of-life) with emphasis on relationships. I'm glad I started with Twin Angel Break first. It has its own problems of course (Mary being ridiculously evil, "killing off" and bringing back Misty Knight over and over, Meguru being mentally weak) but I personally find Twin Angel Break easier to enjoy.

I heard there is one more episode left, so enjoy the finale which is just a few hours away. (Hoping some more characters show up.) You may also enjoy some of the promotional movies/OPs/material throughout the franchise, as I did:

(Warning: All of these are very addictive, of course)

Spoiler for PVs/OPs throughout the Twin Angel franchise:

I find it funny how often the words "haruka", "aoi", "Angel Tornado" and "Angel Arrow" keep popping up in their lyrics. Obviously not a coincidence.

There's still more stuff out there (such as commercials and pachislot MB/BB bonus videos), and even some real-time pachislot gameplay videos (all in Japanese though). You'll need to search "ツインエンジェル" on Youtube or Nicovideo to find out more.

Last edited by FractalFusion; 2017-06-23 at 04:22. Reason: slight modification of post
FractalFusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-23, 07:56   Link #50
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FractalFusion View Post
After researching the franchise, I finally watched the first Kaitou Tenshi Twin Angel OVA as well as the TV series (Kyunkyun Tokimeki Paradise/Twinkle Paradise). My thoughts below.

(Warning: All of these are very addictive, of course)

Spoiler for PVs/OPs throughout the Twin Angel franchise:

I find it funny how often the words "haruka", "aoi", "Angel Tornado" and "Angel Arrow" keep popping up in their lyrics. Obviously not a coincidence.

There's still more stuff out there (such as commercials and pachislot MB/BB bonus videos), and even some real-time pachislot gameplay videos (all in Japanese though). You'll need to search "ツインエンジェル" on Youtube or Nicovideo to find out more.
I don't know how many OVA's there are, but is the OVA you watched the one where they fought the Baron of 4th Dimension?

Anyway, thanks for the opening theme links. ^___^
Old 2017-06-23, 20:58   Link #51
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well a nice ending but a little rushed but its good to see Aoi, Haruka and Kurumi back in action again and Meguru and Sumire get to go to space

7/10 one more episode it would of been better ending
Old 2017-06-23, 21:53   Link #52
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Agreed ... an okay way to end things ... but not a spectacular one by any means.

The series had some nice twists,and the best elements for me definitely centered around the Matyroshka dolls.

Maybe a 6.5/10 from me. A bit better than I expected.
Old 2017-06-24, 04:48   Link #53
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-24, 05:00   Link #54
xizro345
King's Justice

I personally think it was pretty mediocre. Started good but faltered around mid-series. Even the original had "drama" but in this case I believe it actually worked against the show, making it dull beyond belief, at least for me.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-25, 20:26   Link #55
FractalFusion

Enjoyable enough for me. Meguru and Sumire go to space and get their finisher on that space machine. And then they get trapped and there is a self-destruct timer, but they escape because Nui and Veil's souls hack the thing and allow them to escape. But Sumire is Misty Knight's little sister; I think she could have just "withstood the blast" just like he did in the first anime. (Unfortunately Meguru might not be able to.)

Mary made it hard to enjoy at times and Episode 9 onwards was very bad about it. She blows up Nui and Veil (as in, it is unquestionably her doing) and then convinces Meguru that she is at fault. Meguru then falls into depression and lets herself get captured, then tortured as Mary and her crew pour CGI pachislot tokens into a machine and they turn dark and spill out everywhere. I mean, what kind of writing is this? Even at this franchise's standards of writing there had to be a better way to do this. Anyway after her plans are ruined she immediately attempts to guilt-trip everyone for not letting her resurrect Zelucifer-sama (who is the ultimate evil in this franchise anyway), then offs herself. I wish Sumire would have just killed her instead, and it would have been a perfect time to do so.

They introduced a lot of potentially interesting plot points (like Meguru and Sumire meeting each other in the past) but never really went anywhere with them. I heard that they're setting up a web novel sequel so maybe that's where they're going with this?

--------

I like that the ending music was the Twin Angel Break pachislot PV music above; it fits this franchise very well. The other thing is that there is a scene where the "Nui and Veil dolls" (or whatever those matryoshka dolls are) are on a beach with an ant (Mary?) and a shadow overlooking it. There is a scene like that in the PV (at about 0:37-0:40) and that guy appears to be John Garabushi. So who knows? The PV seems to show a whole lot of stuff that was never in the anime; I guess this is their way of saying "Play the pachislot if you want to get all this stuff!".

Anyway, that was a fun ride. Don't know if we'll get any more though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
I don't know how many OVA's there are, but is the OVA you watched the one where they fought the Baron of 4th Dimension?
Yes, that is the one I watched. I think there is another OVA out there (the OVA for Kyunkyun Tokimeki Paradise) but I haven't watched it yet.
Old 2017-06-26, 08:07   Link #56
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Episode 12:

A rather enjoyable final episode. Even the old twin angel group get a bit of action as they fight a powered up John Garabushi.

Sumire and Meguru trapped in the ship.. but they survive because their doll friends are there.

A shadow of a man finds the dolls and Mary turned into an ant... my theory is that the demon might have been partially revived and that he is that shadow... I hope the dolls don't get turned evil again if we get a season 2.

My only complaint is why the characters don't recognize each other when the only thing change is their clothes? Mary is their teacher at school, yet they don 't recognize her when they see her as an ant woman? Same thing for the twins...

Score: 7.5/10
Old 2017-06-27, 01:45   Link #57
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
My only complaint is why the characters don't recognize each other when the only thing change is their clothes? Mary is their teacher at school, yet they don 't recognize her when they see her as an ant woman? Same thing for the twins...
It's a joke. Kinda like how Ash never recognizes Team Rocket after all this time despite them clearly being them to the audience.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-27, 22:26   Link #58
FractalFusion

Quote:
It's just one of those cases where you're supposed to assume that characters can't recognize each other; their forms only look the same for the viewer's benefit. It happens in many magical girl shows as well.

The funny thing is that I frequently forget that the characters aren't supposed to recognize each other. The show just isn't very keen on distinguishing their magical lives from their civilian ones:

- The designs are too generic. Having their magical forms stand out in stark contrast to their normal forms would probably help.
- There are practically no characters (other than Misty Knight) who have an individual alter ego name that is frequently used outside of transformation sequences. Nui and Veil only have one name each to go by, much like Tesla and Nine. Twin Angel have individual alter ego names (Red Angel/Blue Angel/White Angel/Angel Rose/Angel Sapphire) which are almost never used anyway outside of transformations so I'm not sure why they bothered. I think the only time this ever played a real role was in Episode 5 where Meguru refers to herself as "Rose" and Sumire as "Sapphire", probably because it's the only time the writers had to make a conscious decision to hide their identities.
- There are collective names for groups of characters in magical context (e.g. Twin Angel/Twin Phantom/Tunets) but the problem is that they are collective, not individual. It still helps a little, but it could be argued that it makes the problem worse because the frequent use of collective names underscores how little anyone considers them individual characters in their magical persona. (By the way, I'm not sure Tunets is even Nui and Veil's magical group name considering that everyone in the story uses it for their idol group name.)
- And finally, there is the frequent use of civilian names among Twin Angel even when they are transformed. Notice how often Twin Angel will refer to each other as "Meguru", "Sumire", etc, when they are transformed. You never have a reason to remember their alter ego names.

Perhaps with some better dialogue and designs, it would be a bit more clear that the characters' personas are supposed to be distinct as far as the story is concerned and that other characters aren't supposed to recognize them.
Old 2017-06-28, 05:35   Link #59
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
It's a joke. Kinda like how Ash never recognizes Team Rocket after all this time despite them clearly being them to the audience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FractalFusion View Post
It's just one of those cases where you're supposed to assume that characters can't recognize each other; their forms only look the same for the viewer's benefit. It happens in many magical girl shows as well.

The funny thing is that I frequently forget that the characters aren't supposed to recognize each other. The show just isn't very keen on distinguishing their magical lives from their civilian ones:

- The designs are too generic. Having their magical forms stand out in stark contrast to their normal forms would probably help.
- There are practically no characters (other than Misty Knight) who have an individual alter ego name that is frequently used outside of transformation sequences. Nui and Veil only have one name each to go by, much like Tesla and Nine. Twin Angel have individual alter ego names (Red Angel/Blue Angel/White Angel/Angel Rose/Angel Sapphire) which are almost never used anyway outside of transformations so I'm not sure why they bothered. I think the only time this ever played a real role was in Episode 5 where Meguru refers to herself as "Rose" and Sumire as "Sapphire", probably because it's the only time the writers had to make a conscious decision to hide their identities.
- There are collective names for groups of characters in magical context (e.g. Twin Angel/Twin Phantom/Tunets) but the problem is that they are collective, not individual. It still helps a little, but it could be argued that it makes the problem worse because the frequent use of collective names underscores how little anyone considers them individual characters in their magical persona. (By the way, I'm not sure Tunets is even Nui and Veil's magical group name considering that everyone in the story uses it for their idol group name.)
- And finally, there is the frequent use of civilian names among Twin Angel even when they are transformed. Notice how often Twin Angel will refer to each other as "Meguru", "Sumire", etc, when they are transformed. You never have a reason to remember their alter ego names.

Perhaps with some better dialogue and designs, it would be a bit more clear that the characters' personas are supposed to be distinct as far as the story is concerned and that other characters aren't supposed to recognize them.
I probably got used too much on watching Mahou Tsukai Precure - there the girls have different hairstyles and look a little bit older in their magical girl forms. so the disguise is there. Here in Twin Angel, the villains have to play being detectives just to find out who Meguru and Sumire really are... even though the Twin Angel only change clothes when transformed. Guess I'll just have to assume / imagine that the twin angels do look different when wearing costume. XD
Old 2017-06-28, 11:38   Link #60
alex_drian

Quote:
Guess I'll just have to assume / imagine that the twin angels do look different when wearing costume. XD
Is a Magical Girl Skill that when you transformed is impossible for people for indentify you despite of see your face clearly, kind of the thought of "this is x" don't reach their minds, same with some villains...or this I want to believe
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahou shoujo, school life