AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-04-17, 03:48   Link #2041
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Since we're a less than a week out, I'm putting my cards down on: Madoka becomes MS with her wish being to remember Homura, Madoka and Homura finish WPN but Madoka can't imagine a world without their friends, Madoka swears to Homura her undying love that she won't forget her no matter what happens, and we get an open ending where both girls recognize each other when Homura transfers to the class after a tearful reset.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 05:36   Link #2042
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

My take on Madoka's wish:

Probably something like "I want the power to protect Homura-chan, no matter what, wherever she goes, forever and ever for all eternity, so she'll never have to suffer again."

That will explain why Madoka is so OMG POWERFUL in Timelines 4 and 5, while in Timelines 1-3 she was just an ordinary Puella Magi.
Kirroha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 06:57   Link #2043
realpat

How can you say she is not powerful in the first timeline? She defeated WN by herself with mami dead, even if she died in the process.
realpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 07:31   Link #2044
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by realpat View Post
How can you say she is not powerful in the first timeline? She defeated WN by herself with mami dead, even if she died in the process.
Even if she was above average powerful in the original timeline, she was incomparable with Timeline 4 Madoka, who was literally radiating with power and 1HKO'd WN and became the most powerful witch in the universe. You don't see Kyubey O_O-ing at Madoka's power in Timelines 1-3. He does so in 4-5. Clearly there's a difference.

And anyway, I DO expect there to be a legitimate explanation for Madoka's power that isn't "She is born with the potential that is only granted to 1 in a million girls" or "She has power because her beautifully pure heart is transformed into pure energy which becomes power". Because that'll kind of ruin PMMM.
Old 2011-04-17, 12:40   Link #2045
Snork
Twilight lander

Send a message via ICQ to Snork
Quote:
You don't see Kyubey O_O-ing
I thought it was his fixed expression... XDDDDDD

Quote:
Since we're a less than a week out, I'm putting my cards down on: Madoka becomes MS with her wish being to remember Homura, Madoka and Homura finish WPN but Madoka can't imagine a world without their friends, Madoka swears to Homura her undying love that she won't forget her no matter what happens, and we get an open ending where both girls recognize each other when Homura transfers to the class after a tearful reset.
If she remembers Homura, she's likely to remember everything else. So this reset will be successful, with Madoka not contracting, keeping Sayaka out of the fray... Sigh, no. This ending is too happy to come true.
I don't know what to speculate on, since Madoka pulling off some "unlimited HP/MP" wish doesn't sound likely either. Maybe, I'll just stick with the aforedescribed ressurection scenario ending with everyone except Madoka alive... it's relatively heartwarming and it seems bittersweet enough for Urobuchi to at least consider it...
Otherwise, there's a chance of her tweaking/changing the system somehow. Btw, I've just read the three chapters of Kazumi Magica and I'm really curious as to how it may tie into the universe. I doubt they'd do a simple AU.
Quote:
And anyway, I DO expect there to be a legitimate explanation for Madoka's power that isn't "She is born with the potential that is only granted to 1 in a million girls" or "She has power because her beautifully pure heart is transformed into pure energy which becomes power". Because that'll kind of ruin PMMM
Yea, that would be nice.
Snork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 19:19   Link #2046
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirroha View Post
And anyway, I DO expect there to be a legitimate explanation for Madoka's power that isn't "She is born with the potential that is only granted to 1 in a million girls"
Why? Assuming girls yield varying amounts of energy, it's no surprise that there'd be a crazy outlier somewhere in the population. And if that's the case, it figures that Kyubey would seek her out.

I'm hoping there's a good explanation for how different her power is in various timelines, though. People have already made some interesting stabs at it, of course.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 19:37   Link #2047
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
Why? Assuming girls yield varying amounts of energy, it's no surprise that there'd be a crazy outlier somewhere in the population. And if that's the case, it figures that Kyubey would seek her out.

I'm hoping there's a good explanation for how different her power is in various timelines, though. People have already made some interesting stabs at it, of course.
I think what Kirroha was getting at was that, as far as we've been told, it seems Madoka has enough energy to satisfy his quota for the entire planet (unless he's nearly reached his quota already, but there's no way to know that). Taking that fact to it's conclusion we get the picture that Madoka is well beyond being a "crazy outlier"; for the amount of energy she gives to be worth the level of prioritization Kyubey gives her, it would have to be ridiculously higher than any other (perhaps several other) MGs can offer. And strongest MG or no, there's something odd about the difference between her and any other MG being that vast.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 03:41   Link #2048
Dawnbringerz
性転換団長

This kinda sound silly, but it just came across my mind.

Recently I've been reading The Law of One and have thought of some possibilities regarding the show.

QB and his race might actually be being from the above densities (4th and beyond), that descend down to our 3rd density to prepare the humankind for the harvest of soul in Walpurgist Night.

Harvested soul will ascend to the 4th density, while the remaining human will reincarnate on another planet. (like Orika's world)

MG and witches are basically beacons of light and darkness that represent the humankind that will eventually get send up to the higher density when the time comes. MG releases hope, collecting negative energy in the process. Witch release despair, collecting positive energy in the process.

With the concept of being from higher density (whose identity transcend space and time) in mind, giving someone a time traveling ability or popping out of nowhere seems very possible for QB's race.

Something might have happened in the 4th density that a large amount of soul (energy) is (urgently) needed, so QB came down to the 3rd density to collect them. The show (ep11-12 that will be aired tonight) might be about solving the true problem in the above density, with everyone ascending to the above density, fighting a grand finale battle, or something.

A 4D or 5D version of Madoka would be pretty cool. (Maybe she's the one in the OP?)
Dawnbringerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 04:35   Link #2049
Cloudy

Wonder if the ending of ep 12 would be some set up of sorts for Kazumi Magica since there is a speculation that Madoka revamped the Mahou Shoujo system.
Old 2011-04-21, 04:46   Link #2050
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
Exactly, that's what I meant. There needed to be an explanation for that, which is why I came up with that theory. Otherwise I would've just kept to the 'crazy outlier' one.
Old 2011-04-22, 11:44   Link #2051
Shadow5YA

There doesn't need to be an explanation for it. The important part is that Madoka's power is a self-fulfilling prophecy made possible by Homura. Think Voldemort and Harry Potter, if you have finished the series. When Voldemort made Harry out to be a threat and tried to kill him, giving him that scar, he unknowingly made Harry into a powerful enemy. Homura and Madoka are similar. By placing a great deal of importance on Madoka, Homura gets Madoka more concerned and involved with the system and unknowingly makes her more powerful.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 17:29   Link #2052
gsilver

The ending... needs more Morning Rescue and Madoka's cat.
Old 2011-04-23, 18:36   Link #2053
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Btw about that cat...

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-1309.html

For those who doesn't understand. It's basically saying that the black cat means absolutely nothing whatsoever. In fact Gen asked to Shaft "what the hell is this cat?"

Way to go for a trollcat...

Though there is saying that Shinbo promised that the cat will appear in a drama CD.
Old 2011-04-23, 19:16   Link #2054
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Btw about that cat...

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-1309.html

For those who doesn't understand. It's basically saying that the black cat means absolutely nothing whatsoever. In fact Gen asked to Shaft "what the hell is this cat?"

Way to go for a trollcat...

Though there is saying that Shinbo promised that the cat will appear in a drama CD.
Heh, it's funny, because of all the theorycrafting that went on with the cat. And how everyone was analyzing every single detail for clues (and yes, I became guilty of this, too). Although I did try to say that perhaps we were overthinking things, and sometimes a cake is just a cake.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 21:42   Link #2055
gsilver

I skipped out entirely in the Cat over-analysis, so my post was entirely in jest.
Old 2011-04-23, 21:52   Link #2056
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Sometimes, a cat is just a cat.
Old 2011-04-23, 22:08   Link #2057
Akashin

A red herring troll cat of epic proportions, but a cat all the same. :P
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 10:02   Link #2058
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snork View Post
Otherwise, there's a chance of her(Madoka) tweaking/changing the system somehow. Btw, I've just read the three chapters of Kazumi Magica and I'm really curious as to how it may tie into the universe. I doubt they'd do a simple AU.

How many people saw this before the final episode , I wonder? It might be fun to hunt down for quotes of others who called the ending, or came close to it.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 19:23   Link #2059
Shadow5YA

Even without an actual story for Homura after this, there is still plenty of room for another series. If Puella Magi can control their aging or simply do not age because their bodies are different, Homura has a long life ahead of her if she chooses to fight for as long as she can. She can act as a witness and a storyteller for the events of other Puella Magi in an episodic series about various Puella Magi around the world.

An episodic series won't be as mundane as it sounds if it focuses on various personal issues instead of the generic monster of the week. One can be about a girl who wished a loved family member back to life, another about bullying and suicide, another about pursuing a vocation and uncertainly over the future, etc. There are many coming of age stories that can be touched upon, and it doesn't have to be just about Homura. She can just be the narrator.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 19:30   Link #2060
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
How many people saw this before the final episode , I wonder? It might be fun to hunt down for quotes of others who called the ending, or came close to it.
I don't want to seem cocky or anything, but...

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1987
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
madoka magica