Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2014-03-10, 22:24   Link #1361
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
Are you sure Goya dropped in 2-3 and not somewhere else?
I'm pretty sure she doesn't drop until 3-3 or 4-2.
I don't do the World 3 or 4 boss quests at all, so yeah, it's either 2-3 or 2-2, the only maps I regularly hit while at work. And the only world 4 map I hit is 4-3 (for the sub hunt quest), but the sub nodes themselves don't really drop stuff that much even on S rank.
Old 2014-03-10, 22:51   Link #1362
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Well you did mention before that you were grinding 5-2 a bit for 500th rank last month before 5-4 came out, and 5-2 drops Goya quite often. Maybe you got her from there.
As far as I'm concerned JP wiki listed all the rare drops as of the Yayoi/Uzuki update while 5-4 is still awaiting further reports and verifications, and Goya is not one of those drops in world 2.
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-10, 23:09   Link #1363
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
You need to get through a lottery in order to have an usable account. Once you are done with it, you can play whenever you like beside maintenance periods, provided you can bypass DMM.com "region lock".
Thanks. So if I'm reading the lottery right, it's at 4:30am EDT? That... does not seem especially plausible.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-11, 01:43   Link #1364
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

RNG's being crap to me today. Lost a PvP battle purely due to that. Opponent scores freaking criticals on me and knocks 4 ships to orange on just the first shelling phase and that was enough to cripple my fleet during the second phase. Sunk three ships during night battle and still got a C ranking because they scored slightly less total damage than me. Absolutely horrible luck.

Not only that but I have had quite a poor run with aircraft carriers. I have never had more than two carriers in my fleet at any one point. Sunk Hiryuu and Akagi early on in my career and only have Kaga and Souryuu at the moment.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-11, 02:22   Link #1365
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidPotential View Post
Sunk Hiryuu and Akagi early on in my career
Haruhi, there's negligent, and there's simply bad. How can you lose CARRIERS? These are the ships that cause most admirals to retreat to base when they get scratch damage.
Old 2014-03-11, 03:31   Link #1366
RapidPotential

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Haruhi, there's negligent, and there's simply bad. How can you lose CARRIERS? These are the ships that cause most admirals to retreat to base when they get scratch damage.
That's me at the start - negligent and reckless.

I've never sunk any important ships since then (apart from a level 36 Naka). I never go in more than moderate before I retreat these days.
Old 2014-03-11, 06:23   Link #1367
KBTKaiser

all my sunken ones were either early career when I didn't understand damage mechanics, negligence later on...and just odd questioning as to how the mechanics work...thankfully all but one were DDs and the odd one out was a CL.
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-11, 06:38   Link #1368
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

... "Thankfully"?

Just because they are common, weak, insignificant DDs and CLs doesn't make it any less terrible to sink them!
Old 2014-03-11, 07:03   Link #1369
RapidPotential

Quote:
... "Thankfully"?

Just because they are common, weak, insignificant DDs and CLs doesn't make it any less terrible to sink them!
True that. Having the shipdaughters sink was such a shitty feeling and made me feel like I was a shitty admiral, so I've been taking extra care since then.
Old 2014-03-11, 07:40   Link #1370
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Cripes people, so callous, ESPECIALLY about the DDs, who're the kids of the game.

Letting ships sink should seriously make you feel bad, because it's a sign of neglect in a game that pretty much throws you every opportunity NOT to get them sunk.
Old 2014-03-11, 07:47   Link #1371
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I got Junyou sunk once...

...went to punch sea monsters until i got her back. Never let any of them touch my daughter again!!
Old 2014-03-11, 07:55   Link #1372
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Also it becomes a problem when you stupidly let a ship sink "because I can get them back later". Remember our bit of superstition? That "desire meter"? Well I'd rather not push my luck, ESPECIALLY with some ships that are ridiculously hard to get despite their so-called rarity values -- see Houshou, or Akagi (both of whom I've never gotten from construction ever).

Treat every ship as irreplaceable, unless you're getting clones out of your ears (due to hitting a map repeatedly).
Old 2014-03-11, 09:40   Link #1373
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Also it becomes a problem when you stupidly let a ship sink "because I can get them back later". Remember our bit of superstition? That "desire meter"? Well I'd rather not push my luck, ESPECIALLY with some ships that are ridiculously hard to get despite their so-called rarity values -- see Houshou, or Akagi (both of whom I've never gotten from construction ever).

Treat every ship as irreplaceable, unless you're getting clones out of your ears (due to hitting a map repeatedly).
I would support this statement. After losing my first ship, Tatsuta, by accident a few weeks back and trying to get her back through construction and drops, I haven't been successful since then despite being a "common" ship. RNG is trolling me with Tenryus and a couple of subs as a result.
Old 2014-03-11, 11:30   Link #1374
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Hmm. Certainly don't look like no submarine to me:

Spoiler for Guess who this is?:
Old 2014-03-11, 11:48   Link #1375
Mitsu Aoi
Undine in the box T_T

Send a message via Yahoo to Mitsu Aoi
Quote:
Hmm. Certainly don't look like no submarine to me:

Spoiler for Guess who this is?:
Definitely a Kriegsmarine!

I see Torpedo Launchers and 127mm Guns?
Heil German!

Canned Tomato Soup and Avocado Flavored Noodles are her favorites.
Mitsu Aoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-11, 14:48   Link #1376
kivredia

People sinking carriers early cause of "negligence" ...., letting anyone sink for that matter. Just consider that somewhere out there someone likes that ship as much as you like your favorite.

Now imagine that person sunk your ship and would force you to watch.

Doesn't look like a SS but won't matter for me anyway. Can't finish the exp quests with only one sub.
kivredia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-11, 17:18   Link #1377
usspaul

I remember the first and only time I got one of my girls sunk. it was early when I was only like lvl 10 or so and I got my hatsuharu to like lvl 15 or so and she was my highest lvl ship. I went to I think it was on map 2-1 and she sunk at the boss node. what got me really mad was she could have survived considering she got sunk at the closing torpedo phase. I was mad sad and didn't want to play for a few days. now im very hesitant when my girls get to orange to press on.
usspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-11, 17:36   Link #1378
RapidPotential

The early career sinkings were around my first two weeks of playing - it's been about three months since that happened.

The maximum limit I'll ever continue to press on now is if the orange is relatively safe (around 40-49% of the health), then once they hit red in day battle, I usually retreat unless there's a chance for my BBs to finish off whatever's left in night battle. There's a reason why my DDs are placed at least 4th slot onwards.

As of now I have a near-clean bill of health; only 4 or 5 girls aren't at full health but aren't even at minor damage. I've been using them for expeditons though, so no worries there. I would be surprised if anybody managed to sink their BB because that'd be worse than pure negligence. They're almost impossible to sink by normal means!

Anyways, I'm past the cap for everything except bauxite. So time to cap it then it's my first LSC attempt. Not sure what I'm going for yet, but it'll probably be Yamato or Taihou.
Old 2014-03-11, 17:43   Link #1379
usspaul

I actually just almost got my fubiki sunk just a few minutes ago. went ahead to try and beat that 3-2 stage that I hate so much. my girls always get crit at node F. ALL THE DAMN TIME ! I was so feed up with it and I just went againt my better judgment and decided to go with fubiki with only 2hp. I was scared for her but some how the enemy never pointed their guns at her and they all went after yuudachi whos lvl is 78 well I won that map and im happy I didn't lose fubiki I would have felt really really bad cause she was my starter ship too. I mean I did have a damage control thingy on her but not sure how those work since I never actually used it
usspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-11, 17:48   Link #1380
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

This is exactly the problem we're talking about. NEVER push when in the red, unless you have numerical superiority, the enemy is mostly heavy damaged (meaning no attacks in night battle) AND you have enough ships to finish off the enemy via double attack.

Anything else is reckless and stupid. Thanks, but I learned my lesson during the Guadalcanal event. Never again.

Also early-career sinkings are inexcusable when you sink freaking standard carriers, some of the hardest-to-craft ships with non-LSC recipes when you're aiming for a specific one.

Tags
browser game, dmm, ship girls