Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-02-16, 12:13   Link #1081
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
I don't know if this manga will last enough... but if it does... i would LOVE to see Rinne fighting for Nagi...

In these kind of manga i always pick a girl outside the main trio.
It will last a while for us, but in the plot's timeline who knows. It's been moving slow, in fact I can't think of any series that moved as slow as this.

I usually pick a supporting girl as well, but here, Shizuku is so awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mughi View Post
Well, having Obaa-san telling him (us) that would be a plus to the flow of the story and only take up one panel. In meantime, Nagi's still nothing special in any way beyond the "title on his business card."
But it's not about the Dragon God and the island right now. The focus is on him and the girls. Don't worry, we'll get around to the legend soon enough.
Old 2011-02-16, 13:15   Link #1082
Fran~
floating away...

I have no problems with Shizuku, but all these Yamato Nadeshiko girls are boring me. OTOH, Soyogi seems to be much funnier because her naivity disguised of strong woman. I remember that chapter when Karin taught her how to pick dresses and make-up... and Shizuku and Karin learned why is better for them that Soyogi doesn't know that kind of things

I really feel nothing for Karin... to me she is just Rinne's sister.
Old 2011-02-16, 15:25   Link #1083
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Enjoyed ch 77, but wish the current arc would finish and the story would move forward....
Old 2011-02-17, 00:05   Link #1084
crossguy
Confused. As usual.

"They don't know he is the Dragon God. I think its secret so that the maidens can win him over. I'm sure all will be revealed one day." DragoZERO: That's right.. The Maidens are renowned even off the Island. I'm sure the return of the D-G would be HUGE, at least on the island, yet his reveal was only to the Maidens. (Does that make Rinne a Maiden by proxy?)
What's his job description again? To be pleased by the maidens and save the Island? I just don't know the big picture of the D-G's duties/skillsets/talents.
crossguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 05:16   Link #1085
Arturro

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossguy View Post
"They don't know he is the Dragon God. I think its secret so that the maidens can win him over. I'm sure all will be revealed one day." DragoZERO: That's right.. The Maidens are renowned even off the Island. I'm sure the return of the D-G would be HUGE, at least on the island, yet his reveal was only to the Maidens. (Does that make Rinne a Maiden by proxy?)
What's his job description again? To be pleased by the maidens and save the Island? I just don't know the big picture of the D-G's duties/skillsets/talents.
You're making a mistake. Nagi is a god. He has no duties, he has the power to help or punish. What duties does have Jehova, Allah, Brahman? You're mistaking Nagi with religious leader like Pope or Dalaj-lama.
Considering hazardous environment of island (earthquakes, storms, twisters, fires) main role of maidens is to appease dragon god so he wont punish his followers. From the Islanders point of view Dragon God as a teenage boy is a very good news. Instead of giving him (dragon god) offering from maidens life they only need to give him offering from their virginity . As a bonus they will also gain a new, baby, maiden

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 10:10   Link #1086
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
You're making a mistake. Nagi is a god. He has no duties, he has the power to help or punish. What duties does have Jehova, Allah, Brahman? You're mistaking Nagi with religious leader like Pope or Dalaj-lama.
Considering hazardous environment of island (earthquakes, storms, twisters, fires) main role of maidens is to appease dragon god so he wont punish his followers. From the Islanders point of view Dragon God as a teenage boy is a very good news. Instead of giving him (dragon god) offering from maidens life they only need to give him offering from their virginity . As a bonus they will also gain a new, baby, maiden
Well, OK, I can kind of go with that explanation re: NOT having duties on Earth, but it would be nice if he showed an inkling of his divine nature or if the villagers recognized his true self.

So far his "helping" totals making young girls feel ok with themselves for chasing after him. If that's going to be it then he's no different than a gigolo. That has a "G" in it, but its not an indicator of being a God. As it has been portrayed, if Obaa-san hadn't named him a God he'd still be a simple HS kid.
Mughi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 11:36   Link #1087
Beo
where's the snow?

Something to sort of keep in mind here, this is all taking place between their second and third year of school. All 77 chapters have only covered the last part of their second year and maybe half of the break. What is going to be interesting is when the break is over and more will included with the interactions of the group.

As far as others knowing about his status? Remember the store clerk, she knew what he was.
Beo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 11:46   Link #1088
Fran~
floating away...

She was an elder and thus, she probably knows even more things related to the Dragon God than the Maidens
Old 2011-02-17, 12:10   Link #1089
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beo View Post
....As far as others knowing about his status? Remember the store clerk, she knew what he was.
Also the principal of the school (I think that is who it was) - remember the brief conversation between the two elderly folk at the "welcoming beach party event" for the teacher and Nagi?
Old 2011-02-17, 15:47   Link #1090
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Hmm, you might have to site which chapters those happened in. While I love the series, it's a bit time consuming when having to read through the entire thing just for a few bits of information... especially if it's from earlier in the series about rather forgettable characters and conversations. Though, I think I do recall at least the store clerk, just can't recall what chapter that was in.

But I actually think that Nagi being who he is and growing up to this point as he has like any normal person is proabably one of the better things about his characterization, because even though he's been named a god, he hasn't let it go to his head. If I recall, there was a former DG before him, and the impression I got upon how he was mentioned was that he could have been a rather spoiled individual if he had grown up on the island from birth, where as Nagi has a potentially more humble attitude and view on all this. He doesn't try to take advantage of it in any way, not making demands or even exploiting the girls in ways some of us would given those conditions. One must admit that Nagi has a bit of integrity of his willpower to be caring and easy-going as he is and not fall to temptation.

Though I think he's only holding out on that mostly because he's still very much in the dark about what being the Dragon God is really all about, and being that he probably secretly fears for what might happen to the un-chosen maidens has probably forced him into keeping them in that "friend zone" until he learns all these things that may impact not only him, but the girls and others further out from his circle.

If that situation were to happen to me, I'd be cautious about that too. Like some have said before, we don't know if human sacrifice is on the menu for those who fail to get his favor. Just with what's been said so far, I would be very weary of that, kinda brings to mind this: "Get the god's favor, or go drown yourselves for failing to do so". And I wouldn't put it passed the japanese to do just that.
Old 2011-02-17, 16:01   Link #1091
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
Hmm, you might have to site which chapters those happened in. While I love the series, it's a bit time consuming when having to read through the entire thing just for a few bits of information... especially if it's from earlier in the series about rather forgettable characters and conversations. Though, I think I do recall at least the store clerk, just can't recall what chapter that was in....
Hmmmm....

The event I am referring to happens at the end of ... chapter 16/end of Volume 2(?) ... I think it is Oba (Karen's grandmother) and the School Principal?

I remember the scene with the store clerk smiling a big smile seeing the cape maidens with Nagi the maidens were all in their swimwear after the three of them and Nagi had all gone swimming iirc.... If this is the event Beo was mentioning than it MIGHT have occurred at the beginning of the summer holidays when all the Cape Maidens decided to stay at Nagi's house and Karen's declaration that she was not going to hold back. An uncomfortable night followed and Nagi, to lighten up the atmosphere some took all of them to the beach to swim. I think it was then that Soyogi and Karen each "chu'd" him on either cheek and Shizuku "attacked" him straight on, resulting in Nagi inhaling a lot of water - they went to the market after that to purchase things for dinner that night, and on the way out the storekeeper smiled broadly.

Be aware this is totally from memory - I could have mixed a few things up here. Apologies if I did.
Old 2011-02-20, 00:55   Link #1092
crossguy
Confused. As usual.

I agree about Obaa. But I still think that's Soyogi's mom.
Been doin' the reread. There's still way too much only hinted at. Shizuku's explanation in chapter 1 P10-11,describes the D-G as " The God who lives on this Island." She then says "They say he fell in love with a girl on this island". That's before she thinks Nagi is anythingmore than a tourist from Tokyo.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Shinto has local Gods,Demons,and spirits, and it's not uncommon to have local deities.(As opposed to one Supreme God, that Nagi refers to in
Ch 6.).
Old 2011-02-23, 01:36   Link #1093
crossguy
Confused. As usual.

Still in Ma reread. Ch. 16 Page 20 top panel, ch 14 Page 4, lower right panel. Do you see the resemblance to Soyogi?
I'll be waiting for the fill in/back story for a while I'm afraid. My brain fills in the wrong blanks, but the Author leads me like dandelion fluff, floating.
Sigh.
Old 2011-03-04, 16:23   Link #1094
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Chapter 78 is out...

Spoiler for Chapter 78:
Old 2011-03-05, 00:32   Link #1095
crossguy
Confused. As usual.

Sheeess.............
The Author has officially done my brain in. I will remain in a vegetative state till the next chapter. I can no more tell where this is going than a june bug can tell what model car it ran into.
Old 2011-03-05, 04:44   Link #1096
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Spoiler for Chapter 78:
Spoiler for Chapter 78:
Old 2011-03-15, 09:13   Link #1097
AlaAlba

Spoiler for 79:
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-15, 19:59   Link #1098
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post
Spoiler for 79:
I'm glad we got to a good point before the likely break for a while. Has there been any announcement on how long a break there might be?
Old 2011-03-16, 18:05   Link #1099
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post
Spoiler for 79:
Yeah ... I thought the Mike arc went a little too long. Kinda like the idol arc in mysterious girlfriend x ... not bad storyline in of itself, just too drawn out imo.
Old 2011-03-17, 10:10   Link #1100
AlaAlba

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
I'm glad we got to a good point before the likely break for a while. Has there been any announcement on how long a break there might be?
break? not next chapter for sure, the next one out on 3/25, only next week
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, harem, romance, rural, seinen