AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On!! (Second Season) - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 15 26.32%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 26.32%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 29.82%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 14.04%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.75%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.75%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-21, 16:46   Link #21
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

great Episode

I just Noticed that I have to same Tuner As Mio!

Spoiler for Tuner:
Old 2010-07-21, 16:58   Link #22
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I subtitle this episode "The Descent of Azunyan into Sin and Depravity". Though she fights all the way, the spiral into doom is inevitable.

Not a hilarious episode but mildly funny throughout. Particularly liked the animation of Azusa as she has her "deep thoughts" reverie during the Yui segment (around 18:50+). Her facial expressions were grimly cute.

Jun's behavior in the connecting conversations were very playful cat-like (kept waiting for twitchy tail and ears) so the "eh? Cat ears? what?" at the end was amusing. The whole room was staring at Azusa while she obliviously asked about cafe cosplay choices (doom, doom, doom)

One thing.... virtually everyone in this series is drawn/colored "realistically" (allowing for style) - except Mugi-chan (blonde/bigblueeyes). So Azusa's inner thoughts about Mugi had me wondering again... if Mugi was "hafu" (half-Japanese). That perhaps she was the offspring of some Japanese corporate shogun and a foreign wife. This is never discussed anywhere in the manga or elsewhere that I know of. The only other clue I've found are the "trips to Finland" which might imply Finnish family connections.

Last edited by Vexx; 2010-07-21 at 17:11.
Old 2010-07-21, 19:57   Link #23
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

There was also a photo of mugi and her parents in the villa for their first camp in S1. It's partially obscured, though. I can't remember if you could see the mother's face or at all.
Old 2010-07-21, 19:58   Link #24
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Oh no, crisis of no teatime next week!
Oh noes! Call the JSDF, we've got a crisis!

Quote:
That perhaps she was the offspring of some Japanese corporate shogun and a foreign wife.
Ah, about that:

Buuuuut it's something still up in the air. Kakifly has yet to introduce us to the real Kotobukis, but with the Hirasawas introduced it's only a matter of time.
Old 2010-07-21, 20:02   Link #25
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
Oh noes! Call the JSDF, we've got a crisis!

Ah, about that:

Buuuuut it's something still up in the air. Kakifly has yet to introduce us to the real Kotobukis, but with the Hirasawas introduced it's only a matter of time.
ooh... nice catch by someone.
Old 2010-07-21, 21:00   Link #26
Qikz

I loved that episode, both my favourite characters, Azunyan mainly and Mugi were both overly 萌え this episode. I really do like the Azusa centric episodes. <3
Old 2010-07-21, 22:09   Link #27
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

In this episode of K-ON!! Azusa has another existential crisis. No, seriously. The whole episode is Azusa catching the others alone and trying to engage them in practice, as she feels she's been slacking off way too much. Little does she realize, she's been hopelessly corrupted by Mugi's "magic" cake (and possibly Mugi's womanly wiles. She seems entirely too fascinated by how cute Mugi is... ) As for Mugi, we learn that her notion of people who aren't insanely rich has been formed entirely by comic books.

Azusa tries to find comfort in enticing Mio to practice. Only Mio needs to change her bass strings first, and Azusa ends up thinking she's Mugi and almost goes off to prepare tea. Fortunately, she's saved by Ritsu's inability to use a sewing machine.

Azusa doesn't get an AzuRitsu moment, as Ritsu steals away to show that the tomboy has a feminine side after all. And what does she serve? Manly hamburger steak. We also learn that Ritsu's father's taste in underwear is almost as bad as Koizumi's taste in bathing suits. For those of you having flashbacks to Endless Eight, the bleach is over there.

Finally, she gets a moment with Yui. And Yui is still Yui. Surprisingly, this is the deepest part of the episode. They both bond over a strenuous aquarium scrubbing. And then Azusa has to teach Yui how to read real music, since (to preserve my sanity, I'm assuming that) all Yui can read are guitar tabs. It's Yui who gets to witness Azusa's near breakdown and existential crisis. Which is unfortunate for Azusa because Yui's reaction is "Eh, whatever. I'm me, you're you, Mio is Mio, Ritsu is Ritsu, and Mugi is Mugi," thus making her only slightly more helpful than Doctor Twinkletits. No, wait, she is Doctor Twinkletits! Have you seen all the stickers that girl carries around?

This has the effect of completely breaking Azusa. Crushing her spirit under the shiftless, cake-scarfing, slackerdom that marks the attitude of the rest of the HTT girls towards life. In the end, we see a broken and brainwashed Azusa ask Jun what sort of cat-ears she'll be wearing with her costume. It's a tragedy. A comic tragedy. In ten years, Azusa will have quite the comedy standup act, drawing from her hatred of slacking off. It will be . . . Hatredy.

Eight banana cat stickers of psychological validation out of ten.
Old 2010-07-21, 23:21   Link #28
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Azunyan displays her tsundere side on multiple accounts again in this episode.

I wasted so much time!
I didn't go there to learn how cute Mugi-senpai is!
The problem is that we have nothing but breaks!

What is exactly Azunyan thinking when Jun walked in? It is not like she was engaging in some yuri foreplay with Yui, so what is she scared of? Though it could be possible that Mugi was trying to hypnotise her into doing so with her Mugivision™...she's the only other girl who stood up other than Yui and Azunyan.

And Azunyan imitates all her seniors flawlessly! How cute!

For a moment, it seems that Mugi's invitation of Azunyan sitting besides her sounds suspicious. During the scene where Mugi is practicing her scares, the BGM seems to be made up of Malay Kulintangs played with hard mallets. But I could be wrong because it seems like a very middling Marimba.

Mugi's attempt at playing Mut-tan automatically makes it to failblog. Nonetheless, she's cute! And I think she said something wrong : the guitar is much easier than the piano, which learning curve is so high that I almost gave up when I was much younger.

The three other idiots senpais on each other are epic. So Ritsu is supposed to be the lucky Pierre or what? And Azunyan's eyes suddenly widens when she tries to prepare tea, then realises she's being corrupted. Cuteness!

Ritsu's expression of puberty is....LOL. And Yui's VA reiterated the same line from another character in another anime : "Rice is good!"

And we have another ambigious bit of scriptwriting again :

Spoiler for NSFW+spoiler:

Azunyan's shyness with regards to the underwear is simply too cute! And her moe level reaches a new level at the end with her assumption that all waitresses wear cat ears.

P.S According to Jun, Mugi seems to have gained a new power, teleport. So now she has an influencing spell, an AoE mindwipe spell, the skills to make health and mana potions, and a teleport spell?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-07-22, 00:04   Link #29
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Worry not, she will be nerfed in the next patch.
Old 2010-07-22, 00:32   Link #30
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Or she'll become the GM.
Old 2010-07-22, 00:35   Link #31
itzglez
♫♫♪

what's with the hand? we could always see little details on the BG but the anatomy of the hands drawn bothers me... o.O
Old 2010-07-22, 00:53   Link #32
Sparvid
*hic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
P.S According to Jun, Mugi seems to have gained a new power, teleport. So now she has an influencing spell, an AoE mindwipe spell, the skills to make health and mana potions, and a teleport spell?
Maybe she's been studying how Sawako does it?
Old 2010-07-22, 00:55   Link #33
Ezilled

Yet another Azusa-centric episode whom she persisted to change the point of view of the members for the once-in-a-blue-moon rehearsals but actually ended up to go with the flow and became a full-pledged 'corrupted' member of Cakes and Tea club. At top of that, we had seen her exploring the behavior and secrets in one-on-one conversation.

As for Mugi, she's a 'reverse' airhead that all of her gags were nothing but fail yet cutesy that soothes everyone's heart. Their chemistry seems like in a friendship level only. On the other hand, the flow of the conversation with Mio still needs a lot of work. Stiff with lots of breaks, and Azusa acted like Mugi when she suggested to make a tea. They were about to practice at some point but Ritsu broke them apart. Although we didn't have any Ritsu and Azusa only bonding, we'd seen Ritsu made a dinner for them. I thought she will become a gentle wife oozing with charisma and kitchen skills. Lastly, Yui and Azusa had a strong bonding on the latter. Despite Yui is trolling everyone with her stickers, she tolerated it. Furthermore, she always do what Yui wants to do such as cleaning the aquarium, reading the music sheet, and whatnot. If we're going back to the 9th episode of S1 where Azusa cried in sorrow because the club supposed to practice hardcore or at least frequently, and learned the value of having fun and being with them was such an irreplaceable moment, Azusa is now capable of handling those issues and get used to it quite well. However, the result became worse dramatically. I know how Azusa feels about the original four. It's kinda pitiful for her for not giving her what she would like to do, yet how will the original four cope or help her in the near future? They're about to launch their performance at another festival but there are always lots of unrelated hindrances awaits.

Stepping aside, it's refreshing to see Satoshi once again. He seemed to be walking on the path of adulthood after seeing the girls with embarrassment. I'd like to see him chitchating them sometime. Well for the preview, most likely it's gonna be another Sawako-focused episode. Something interesting at the very least, so yeah.
Old 2010-07-22, 01:44   Link #34
Kon the Magnificent

Azusa, Azusa-chan, you were too cute this episode, and you acting like Yui on the stairs were too great, way to be excited about being Azusa again, when you are our Azunyan.

The last bit in the classroom with Azusa was hilarious, the affecionate cat ears have engraved itself in Azusa's mind...go cat ears, go Yui for corrupting Azusa, go, go ,go
Old 2010-07-22, 02:04   Link #35
ReddyRedWolf

Poor Satoshi after doing the deed a bunch of girls show up. (Ritsu not included)
Old 2010-07-22, 03:53   Link #36
OZ7UP
Music for life.
*Author

The bit about the cat ears did it in for me.

Can't really say much as I'll only be repeating what the majority of you guys have already said, but I do agree with Vexx about the episode being Azusa's descent into being a true blue Light Music Club member.

On a somewhat related topic, in the wake of the not-so-old-anymore news regarding K-On! being licensed, I'm really hoping that D'Addario does a couple of ads featuring Mio and Yui, given that the two use that particular brand for their bass/guitar strings.
Old 2010-07-22, 03:58   Link #37
Sparvid
*hic*

I'm a bit surprised that Yui's reaction to seeing Satoshi was more of "Oh, hi there", and less of:

Old 2010-07-22, 05:24   Link #38
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzglez View Post

what's with the hand? we could always see little details on the BG but the anatomy of the hands drawn bothers me... o.O
She's holding a taser. Thus the invitation to Azusa to sit beside her.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-07-22, 05:56   Link #39
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzglez View Post

Mugi looks so... defenseless.
Old 2010-07-22, 06:31   Link #40
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

'Comeback, atashi!'

HNGGGGGGH

Last edited by ID555; 2010-07-23 at 11:04.
Closed Thread