AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 10
10: Amazing... 8 18.18%
9 out of 10: Excellent... 11 25.00%
8 out of 10: Very Good... 11 25.00%
7 out of 10: Good... 3 6.82%
6 out of 10: Average... 4 9.09%
5 out of 10: Below Average... 4 9.09%
4 out of 10: Poor... 0 0%
3 out of 10: Bad... 1 2.27%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 1 2.27%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 1 2.27%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-12-11, 05:53   Link #21
KaiDamien
Sua-ve-ke-va

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Also, didn't the Spallow totally make the Titus obsolete? Titus was able to counter Baqto with its heavy armor and superior strength, but utterly useless against a high mobility Zedas. Spallow was built in response, with greater mobility than Zedas and sharp blade that can even cut through Zedas' sword. By the same logic, shouldn't Spallow be able to fight Baqto well by dodging enemy attacks with superior mobility and then strikes with its blade? For now, Titus seems to specified for its own good.
I get a feeling that in the near future there will be scenes where by there are situations where Titus would be favoured over Spallow like for example fighting in a confined space.

Its possible from a designer POV that AGE decided to prioritised making weapons against Baqto that it did not consider countering Zedas yet(lack of data?). But after Titus was made ,AGE decided to gather all the data to create weapons that could deal with Baqto and Zedas
KaiDamien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 05:57   Link #22
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

I doubt we will see much of Titus after this, as the Diva is heading into a 'final battle' with the UE. But of course, we could be surprised

I agree with you about the battles in this series. It's fine when it's Gundam against UE or Woolf's custom against UE, but once you throw in other MS into it, the tech gap was too huge to ignore. To fill that gap for now, UE MS act dumb when fighting Euba and Zalam MS, not dodging and not much mobility and all hand vulcan. I think it is still ok in this episode as we still see quite a number of those Fardain MS being destroyed. However, it was badly handled when the Baqto and few Gafrans invaded Fardain, I don't think any pilots died in that battle too.

I hope the battle scenes will improve when we enter the second generation, hopefully the tech gap will not be that huge and the red shirt MS should at least capable putting up a fight.
Old 2011-12-11, 06:05   Link #23
casval cehack

It was stated that there were 30 UE suits on CAP at the beginning of the battle and later the Zedas was shown launching. Decil was indeed just playing around; he got reprimanded afterwards for losing a lot of UE suits indicating that he did control them, not just the Zedas (as Flit have theorized).

I agree on the Zalam and Euba suits though, they seem to keep popping up as needed after the earlier ones on the front get wiped out (some by UE tail cannons).
Old 2011-12-11, 06:35   Link #24
Sciel
Etoilé

Disregarding the fact that the UE seem to be suffering from brain farts in this episode and somehow had trouble with the Zalam and Euba mobile suits (lulz at plot convenience) and the sudden jump into the battle, i thought the episode was pretty good.

Spallow was pretty kickass and was the highlight of the episode for me. I'm actually even tempted to get the model kit now (say's it all really since i've not bought one since forever).

7/10
+Spallow
+No Titus
+Don Boyage's kamikaze (i'm actually somewhat glad we won't hear YES DON again though)
+Some advancement in plot (Regarding Desil)
-Plot Convenience
-Animation (fight choreography is especially terribad)

Would have probably given the episode a higher rating (8/9) if the episode didn't mostly involve both sides mobile suits just shooting back and forth.

PS: Does the Diva really only have THREE mobile suits? I guess i'm a little late to realize this but it seems like a really pathetic amount for a battleship.
Sciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 06:39   Link #25
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
SO can anyone tell me what the UE vs Diva ratio is? Who lost more MS?
Not sure but the UE had 1 warship, 30 Galfrans and Baqtos, and Desil's Zedas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
What did Yark Dole say to Desil? Was there any particular reason Desil was angry? Did he say anything?
Don't waste mobile suits. His Zedas isn't easy to customize.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 07:35   Link #26
Sides

Gets a eight from me.
Reason being, first battle in space between the union forces and UE on screen. Boyage kamikaze scenes were a bit stretched, and his last message to Flit was dealt with too much. First the silence bit, and then Flit recalling what he said straight afterwards. Would be better if they just left out Flit remembering Boyage's words or use it for a later episode.
Spallow's appearance was not to bad. The way it was sent into space with micro assembling plant, was nicely done in a way. It could have been done much worse, like the parts flying around and assemble itself on the core unit. Spallow's knee cannon isn't that bad, but not sure if it is as effective as the head mounted vulcans. Obviously it has a bigger projectiles than the vulcans, but in close combat situation flicking the knee back seems to be a disadvantage, unless you use it after a knee strike.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 07:37   Link #27
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciel View Post
PS: Does the Diva really only have THREE mobile suits? I guess i'm a little late to realize this but it seems like a really pathetic amount for a battleship.
It's even funnier when Grodek shouted "Throw in everything we got" and we realize that it's just 3 mobile suits, and one is practically useless. The other 2 are much better than whole Euba and Zalam combined though
Old 2011-12-11, 07:38   Link #28
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

I can't help but fear for Vargas, with the old-guy deathcount, It's warranted.
Old 2011-12-11, 07:39   Link #29
tsunade666

good bro moments for bon/don and his people and the spallow is cool and within the limit of belief for me. Desile being a spoiled brat
Old 2011-12-11, 07:55   Link #30
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
I can't help but fear for Vargas, with the old-guy deathcount, It's warranted.
Well, they either die now to prop up the drama or they get dropped from the cast unceremoniously because they'll be too old in the next arc.... Option 1 is probably more desirable...
Old 2011-12-11, 08:30   Link #31
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Well, they either die now to prop up the drama or they get dropped from the cast unceremoniously because they'll be too old in the next arc.... Option 1 is probably more desirable...
Flit probably still needs a guardian, so I don't see the point in potentially putting Emily in the same situation. There are other ways to add more drama to this series.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 08:36   Link #32
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Flit probably still needs a guardian, so I don't see the point in potentially putting Emily in the same situation. There are other ways to add more drama to this series.
Nope, what better way to make Flit and Emily come closer together than to kill off her relative?
Old 2011-12-11, 08:42   Link #33
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

I can see it now...AGE system has built new parts and Vargas needs to deliver the parts himself due to catapult damage or whatever. He will manage to deliver the part and help Flit to win the battle, but at the cost of his own life

"Flit...the future rest on you and the Gundam. Be the savior"

So on
Old 2011-12-11, 09:12   Link #34
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Nope, what better way to make Flit and Emily come closer together than to kill off her relative?
So what you're saying is since Flit doesn't seem to have any interest in Emily other than as a friend, the writers should kiil Vargas so Flit would pity Emily and base their relationship on that? I'm hoping the writers for AGE can come up with a better idea.
Old 2011-12-11, 11:24   Link #35
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Terrible fighting scenes continue. The whole fight basically consists of 2 units having enough firepower to destroy UE and every other MS serving as decoy/distraction or background explosion reason.

Long pauses between events on the battlefield, monologs or shouts during the fight while enemy seemingly pauses the attack for the character to scream his line...and the forced 'Don sacrifice'. This series really likes characters performing kamikaze attacks as a means to heighten drama. Unfortunately this one was not even close to being mediocre.

Anyways, good to see a new MS on the show as well as Desils reaction to the events of the episode.

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Urei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 16:36   Link #36
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Is it me or are they intentionally holding back on the fighting scenes? The choreography is there but compared to 00 it seems like everything is heavily downplayed. Ah well.

Quote:
So what you're saying is since Flit doesn't seem to have any interest in Emily other than as a friend, the writers should kiil Vargas so Flit would pity Emily and base their relationship on that? I'm hoping the writers for AGE can come up with a better idea.
Unfortunately, unless something happens (ie. Emily does something really stupid), that's what I see coming too.

And WTF is up with Yurin in preview? Guess they were attacked and Flint saved them, either that or she's pretending for whatever reason.
Old 2011-12-11, 16:41   Link #37
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Unfortunately, unless something happens (ie. Emily does something really stupid), that's what I see coming too.
You know, if nothing else, I'd be content if they get together off screen (during the time skip). Flit and Emily are only 14 years old right now and Emily still has some growing to do. So Flit may yet be interested in Emily when they are in their 20s and Vargas doesn't have to die.
Old 2011-12-11, 16:59   Link #38
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
It's even funnier when Grodek shouted "Throw in everything we got" and we realize that it's just 3 mobile suits, and one is practically useless. The other 2 are much better than whole Euba and Zalam combined though
It is pretty sad. I don't even know why the EU were dodging the Euba and Zalam attacks, they aren't going to scratch them. Would have been better off ignoring the weaklings and just overwhelming Flit and Woolf. But then the series would be over and can't have that . I just hope they at least give these guys some better guns for the 'final' battle.

Quote:
You know, if nothing else, I'd be content if they get together off screen (during the time skip). Flit and Emily are only 14 years old right now and Emily still has some growing to do. So Flit may yet be interested in Emily when they are in their 20s and Vargas doesn't have to die.
Yeah, but what's the chance of that? Have to make it a big moment when they get together and just having it referenced after a time skip would be took weak.

I am curious how they are going to push them together. An old relative dying is certainly possible and easy enough to do if they want. Seems like Flit has all his upgrades going into this so not like they'll need Vargas too much. But certainly they could come up with other ways to get Flit and Emily together if they wanted to.
Old 2011-12-11, 17:37   Link #39
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah, but what's the chance of that? Have to make it a big moment when they get together and just having it referenced after a time skip would be took weak.
Not necessarily, it's sort of like (but not quite the same as) Son Goku and Chichi of Dragon Ball. The point is that their relationship isn't quite as important as the fact that their union will produce a son for Flit. So having them paired off screen is just fine seeing as how the audience has already expected Flit to have a son.
Quote:
I am curious how they are going to push them together. An old relative dying is certainly possible and easy enough to do if they want. Seems like Flit has all his upgrades going into this so not like they'll need Vargas too much. But certainly they could come up with other ways to get Flit and Emily together if they wanted to.
My problem with using the death of Vargas is that it's a pretty weak reason (although I fully admit that it's still a possible reason) for Flit to start liking Emily romantically. He's already her friend, so Flit obviously cares for Emily. But if Flit doesn't care for Emily romantically, then I don't see why Vargas dieing would necessarily change that.

Now if the reverse were true, as in Flit is the one who has always liked Emily, then I can see how the death of Vargas may cause Emily to go for Flit to be comforted and for Flit to maybe take that chance to get together with her.
Old 2011-12-11, 17:55   Link #40
Realist_Classic
Casual prosumer of anime

With all of these older leader-type characters going out in a blaze of glory, it makes you wonder if it's foreshadowing.

As for the first large-scale battle of the series, I think the Diva and Fardain forces performed admirably with the limited resources they had.

Decil's role--what is he, actually? By all indications in this battle, Decil is a good fighter, but assumed too much that he could defeat his enemies through brute force alone. Why would Yark Dole entrust expensive mobile suits to a kid like him? Where are the adults? One can only imagine what destructive power a similarly equipped force could dish out in the hands of a seasoned and talented tactician.

And did we have a newtype moment? There was no usual Newtype lightning, but Flit clearly sensed Decil's presence (with his fighting patterns only confirmed when they actually engaged).
Realist_Classic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion