AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos 2 - World Purge OVA Rating
Perfect 10 5 25.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 20.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 15.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 20.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 15.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 5.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-12-07, 15:23   Link #21
ImperialFlameGod8190

^ I agree Houki will win but not because of Chifuyu its because of all the girls the bond with Houki is the only one that to me seems natural. Rin is a childhood friend but i suspect she was always a replacement for houki (especially considering that he forgot Rin but never forgot Houki even though it was a much longer time) Plus ichika has gone out of his way to remember things about Houki instead of Rin. Cecelia's feel fake because of the fact that it feels like she was one of those attached to Ichika because he's a male IS pilot. Charlotte is not an idea because in a way Charlotte is a female Ichika (meaning her circumstances were ruined because of IS) while they have a great bond its more of a family bond. Tatenashi is one of those where because she teases so much her actual feelings are disregarded.

One of the things thats been argued millions of times is that Ichika is dense. I'd actually say he's not dense he just ignores the feelings of the girls because in his mind Houki is the only one whose feelings he cares about. (Thats why he usually gets so defensive when Houki catches him in compromising spots).

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
Old 2014-12-07, 17:13   Link #22
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Ichika didn't forget Rin at all, in fact, he greeted her very casually when she first appeared to 'challenge' Class 1-A. It's only her 'promise' that he forgot about.
As for Houki, I do think she is emulating Chifuyu to a certain degree. I mean, one could easily make Houki as Chifuyu's sister and no one would bat an eye since they are both serious like that. And also, another point is the hair thing. In the OVA, Chifuyu remarked that it has been quite a while since she put her hair up in a ponytail. Lo and behold, she's a dead ringer for Houki when she's like that, or is it the other way around? I can see Houki admiring Chifuyu enough to copy her hairstyle all the time instead of just tying it up for a battle/bout. I know it's just conjecture, but it can make sense. Yet it's over such a little thing as a hairstyle that unless it's specifically mentioned, it won't hold much weight.

I don't want to say that Ichika ignores the other girls' feelings either because, he's too kind to do that sort of thing. It's the very reason so many girls fell for him (supposedly).

Saw some subs for it - kinda made me cringe with how it was written out in some spots, but I understand why they did it. Give it their own flavor and such. Still some of the original nuance and phrasework was lost in doing that so I'm a little bummed. Still, I know enough of Japanese to follow along so all is not lost.

And now...I can't help but think that Chifuyu is like some Proto-prototype Bio IS... Almost like Sol Badguy... As if she needs another reason to be completely awesome...

Too bad they didn't animate the part where Chifuyu had the one pilot captured and the pilot pretty much swoons over her. XD
Old 2014-12-07, 19:12   Link #23
Chaos-Zero

Send a message via MSN to Chaos-Zero
I'm just glad that Ichi-boy (the real Ichika) save his harem from those fakers. I got a feeling that Chifuyu would deliver the punishment to Ichika's harem for kicking her.
Old 2014-12-07, 21:07   Link #24
MasterVampire

So that bed scene with Rin.....

I guess that's how it would go in the normal series if Ichika wasn't a pussy and choose Rin to be his girlfriend and then actually wanted to hook up with her

She seemed ok with it happening just like how all the girls in the series mostly are.
Old 2014-12-07, 21:09   Link #25
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

I think Chifuyu should be included in the next Metal Gear.
Old 2014-12-08, 05:47   Link #26
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterVampire View Post
So that bed scene with Rin.....

I guess that's how it would go in the normal series if Ichika wasn't a pussy and choose Rin to be his girlfriend and then actually wanted to hook up with her

She seemed ok with it happening just like how all the girls in the series mostly are.
Not precisely. As it was mentioned in the OVA, the "Ichika" with each girl was their ideal version of Ichika, not how he would "normally be" if he actually got with them in the real world.

In terms of the OVA itself...

The biggest upsides being Chifuyu getting to show off as the awesome badass that she is and also interesting learning more about Chloe's connection to Laura; being a "biological IS" and the way her eyes are (a variation of Laura's gold eye) make me wonder if, from Season 1, Laura being "assimilated" into her IS from the nanomachines and such, was some sort of early, flawed attempt at making a biological IS or something.

At least Ichika didn't get his ass totally beat down by the fakes.

And then there's wondering just what Tabane's end game is if she's, as IS 2 showed, willing to endanger her own sister and best friend without a care in the world. Sadly, this episode didn't tell much at all.

In terms of the girls, it doesn't really make them look that much better than the main IS 2 series. It still shows that, whenever Ichika is involved, any sense they would have is out the window and, again, they were reduced to "damsels" that needed to be rescued by Ichika.

Houki, again, feels like the biggest winner among the main five girls to me. Where the other girls had more fairy tale-like, fantastical versions of an "ideal" Ichika that involved some kind of sexual exploit, Houki's version felt far more natural (Ichika mostly just being stronger from keeping up his kendo practice which, if people remember Season 1, that was something Houki criticized him on, slacking off on his practice) coupled with the fact that she was able to come to the conclusion much more on her own, through her knowing Ichika so well, that the world was fake essentially by seeing that it was the real Ichika under the mask. (Not to mention the little flash of her in Ichika's mind after encountering Chloe.)
Old 2014-12-08, 10:04   Link #27
John117xCortana

I'm sorry. But everytime I see Hikaruno Kagaribi on screen I keep seeing Sheryl Nome in her....
Old 2014-12-08, 11:23   Link #28
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Ichika didn't forget Rin at all, in fact, he greeted her very casually when she first appeared to 'challenge' Class 1-A. It's only her 'promise' that he forgot about.

My point was that he forgot the promise. He remembered Houki's birthday he remembered other details like the ribbon all about his family. the problem with the promise is its one of those ambiguous things that the only person who knows what it really means is you. And ur mad when they dont get it.

As for ignoring the feelings. Thats not why the girls fell for him. At least the main girls.
cecelia fell for him because she was shocked how good he was at IS despite being a man. Laura fell for him because basically he saved her from herself. Charlotte was because of the fact that instead of get pissed at being deceived he was genuine and he showed that there are good men in the world. Houki i think fell in love with his ability and his drive. Rin no clue probably a childhood crush.

The houki chifuyu thing is speculation and the hair thing is conjecture but thats a waste of time to debate about.

As for world purge itself having read it and watched what happened its one of those this doesnt surprise me at all given the girls but at the same time it makes ya wish that it wasnt as frustrating as it seems to be

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
Old 2014-12-08, 12:11   Link #29
S.Freedom

Eh, I didn't like it all that much as it was blatant wish fufillment for the girls.

The only interesting bit was the growing "fight" between Chifuyu and Tabane.

As for the whole Ichika forgetting Rin thing. In my view it's not that he forgot the promise but that he didn't understand the context or meaning behind the promise. Or at the very least Rin's meaning/intent behind said promise.

Meaning we have two different understandings for the promise:

Rin- Her intent behind the promise was of a romantic nature in that she and Ichika would get married at some point in the future.

Ichika- His understanding of the promise boils down to "cool free food".
Old 2014-12-08, 15:58   Link #30
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Ichika initially forgot the promise entirely (which is why Rin gets mad and challenges him), but he does end up remembering at the end, only to end up entirely missing the context in which Rin implied it that he, as the dense idiot he is.

"Eh, I didn't like it all that much as it was blatant wish fulfillment for the girls."

That's another thing I was thinking of as to why the OVA really didn't do any favors for most of the girls.

As I said, Houki's world was at least a much more realistic one that could actually have a possibility of happening if worked towards. It was normal, not fairy tale-like.

The other four girls, though, give the very shallow impression that the Ichika in front of them, the one they've known, isn't and will never be good enough. They don't want that Ichika, but rather...well...a much more perverted Ichika that will most likely never exist outside those dreams (especially with Chifuyu around, lol, she'd never let that happen). It also makes it look like they only see Ichika as little more than a sex object since that's what all of their dreams were moving toward - having sex with him.

If one thinks about that further, it feels like it leads back to the fact that Ichika is the only "important" male as the only male IS pilot in the world, which then makes it look like the four other girls see him as little more than a prize to be won.

The only one I can really give any slack is Laura since, given how she grew up, she is still quite naive and knows little about such things overall, and it doesn't help that she's given "lessons" taken straight out of anime and manga by her second-in-command.
Old 2014-12-08, 17:38   Link #31
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Well, Ichika IS a prize to be won. It's a school where they are learning to fight, the competitive spirit is already high. That and the big sister flat-out told you to get to her level before trying to take him away is also another reason.

I mean, in all honesty, this is just the gender-flipped response to if Ichika was the only girl in a high-tech combat school full of guys, and the little sister of the Champion: if you win, you've 'proven' yourself as being 'worthy' of being with her, or in Ichika's case, him.

Also of note: In Rin's, Cecilia's, Charl's, and Laura's fantasies, Ichika always ends up being the dominant one - even though in Cecilia's and Laura's, they had the 'women are the dominant gender' thing going for them. Or maybe I should say, he behaved more selfishly. Only in Houki's do you see them as more of an even keel couple.

Rin - seems like she wanted to return to the time before she went back to China, back when Ichika paid attention to her.

Cecilia - "The Orimura family has served the Alcotts for generations" - Oh Cecilia, that right there should have clued you in that the world was a lie. He has a sister - a sister that you're deathly afraid of. I can't imagine Chifuyu growing up as a maid and serving people like that - ever.

Charl - She's his maid/wife. 'nuff said. It's interesting that she doesn't care about the entire 'women are superior now' propaganda if her fantasy is anything to go by.

Laura - you adorable little bunny. She's such a push-over for Ichika...

Houki - she also doesn't care about 'women being superior' either. Apparently, she would be happy just running a family dojo together with Ichika. Quite the simple life but boy did she seem really content and happy when snuggling with Ichika on the couch. Although, it was kinda weak in the way that Ichika broke her illusion just by out-trying the doppelganger.

.... why wouldn't we have seen the Kanzashi sisters' illusions, or even Yamada-sensei's... Or Oneechan and imouto-chan's... 0.o... But then again, this is what fanfiction is for.
Old 2014-12-08, 18:01   Link #32
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

.....I don't even want to TRY to imagine Tabane's.....
Old 2014-12-08, 21:21   Link #33
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
.....I don't even want to TRY to imagine Tabane's.....
Probably something tame with hints of darkness: An entire world where everything else are unmanned IS and the only living people are her, Houki, Chifuyu, Ichika and perhaps Chloe.

If it only has Ichika, probably him doing lewd things with an IS.
Old 2014-12-09, 00:06   Link #34
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

His harem of IS cores then...??? 0.o He is the new Adam to an entire race of bio ISes...Oh wow, that's like 'End of Evangelion' type of messed up right there...
Old 2014-12-09, 08:35   Link #35
I'm-here-present

Quote:
Well, Ichika IS a prize to be won. It's a school where they are learning to fight, the competitive spirit is already high. That and the big sister flat-out told you to get to her level before trying to take him away is also another reason.

I mean, in all honesty, this is just the gender-flipped response to if Ichika was the only girl in a high-tech combat school full of guys, and the little sister of the Champion: if you win, you've 'proven' yourself as being 'worthy' of being with her, or in Ichika's case, him.

Also of note: In Rin's, Cecilia's, Charl's, and Laura's fantasies, Ichika always ends up being the dominant one - even though in Cecilia's and Laura's, they had the 'women are the dominant gender' thing going for them. Or maybe I should say, he behaved more selfishly. Only in Houki's do you see them as more of an even keel couple.

Rin - seems like she wanted to return to the time before she went back to China, back when Ichika paid attention to her.

Cecilia - "The Orimura family has served the Alcotts for generations" - Oh Cecilia, that right there should have clued you in that the world was a lie. He has a sister - a sister that you're deathly afraid of. I can't imagine Chifuyu growing up as a maid and serving people like that - ever.

Charl - She's his maid/wife. 'nuff said. It's interesting that she doesn't care about the entire 'women are superior now' propaganda if her fantasy is anything to go by.

Laura - you adorable little bunny. She's such a push-over for Ichika...

Houki - she also doesn't care about 'women being superior' either. Apparently, she would be happy just running a family dojo together with Ichika. Quite the simple life but boy did she seem really content and happy when snuggling with Ichika on the couch. Although, it was kinda weak in the way that Ichika broke her illusion just by out-trying the doppelganger.

.... why wouldn't we have seen the Kanzashi sisters' illusions, or even Yamada-sensei's... Or Oneechan and imouto-chan's... 0.o... But then again, this is what fanfiction is for.
I would very much like to see Chifuyu's dream of Ichika in World Purge...

I'm thinking about fluff and smut with cute to erotic sibling moments involved in that dream of Chifuyu.
Old 2014-12-09, 10:51   Link #36
genryu_black

while the OVA is quite good and the scene about Kurazakura's core is promising, I am very disappointed that there is no scene for Kanzashi.

as for the girls including houki, in my opinion the reason why for houki the influence is very weak because the technology to hijack it come from tabane and it is normal for a scientist to make their own weapon to unable harm themself.
Old 2014-12-09, 11:31   Link #37
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Got to say, both Chifuyu and Tatenashi are so badass for this OVA episode. I like it!

And while I'm amused at the girls and their wild fantasies (except for Houki), plus the revelation that Tabane's friend Chloe made a discovery regarding Chifuyu's first IS unit, it's a shame at Infinite Stratos won't have another season after this OVA episode.

On the other hand, seems that there's not enough material for Season 3 as both seasons plus the World Purge OVA covered 8 volumes already.
Old 2014-12-09, 14:04   Link #38
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I would have liked it if they would have showed glimpses of White Knight in action all those years ago. To see it taking out the missiles in grand OP fashion and then taking out the Task Force sent against it. It definitely would have given my tech-savy fanfiction comrades something to salivate over.

Yeah, it could have worked as a good sequence for Chifuyu to wake up remembering that time as she got ready for the day...

...okay, so my motives for seeing that part are not entirely 'pure'...
Old 2014-12-17, 07:08   Link #39
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
- Don't. Tempt. Me. I'm already trying not to think of making a VR gag like the ending of James Bond Die Another Day.

I'm also pretty disappointed that they're NOT trying to give the American characters any screentime (they had a lot more dialogue and character in the LN) . That might bite them in the rear later depending on what Izuru will write next.

Last edited by wavehawk; 2014-12-17 at 07:45.
Old 2015-06-26, 00:33   Link #40
Chaos-Zero

Send a message via MSN to Chaos-Zero
Well hopefully, the World Purge incident will make Ichika (the real one) to decide to start to become stronger than he is before.
Closed Thread