AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2010-10-24, 07:19   Link #61
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Good animation but not really great for the character design . Sometimes they make an ugly face.
Yae pedobear dancing at the night was the best part
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 11:19   Link #62
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Not a huge fan of the character design, but still a good first OVA ep. Looks like the next one is going to be a tough situation to deal with.
Old 2011-02-23, 20:02   Link #63
kyouray
2D > 3D

New trailer for the 2nd episode !

It looks it adapts chapter 27 to 31 with some scenes from chapter 25. Probably a third OAD to conclude.
Trailer looks very nice, can't wait.
Old 2011-02-24, 05:11   Link #64
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'm still not used to those character designs . But this is a very good part of the manga, so i'm still looking forward to it.
Old 2011-02-24, 05:51   Link #65
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
I love Kazuhito's designs, and was the reason I bothered with the TV series in the first place ... now we get crappy art, but at least a much better adaption of the manga, which the TV series crippled
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 06:53   Link #66
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray View Post
New trailer for the 2nd episode !

It looks it adapts chapter 27 to 31 with some scenes from chapter 25. Probably a third OAD to conclude.
Trailer looks very nice, can't wait.
I find it interesting that the logo still says "OAD Series 001". I hope this means the later arcs after Hoshi no Umi will continue to be animated. I'd certainly love it if they were, considering who the next arc focuses on . Think it's time to cash in and buy the oads.

Last edited by Kakkou; 2011-02-24 at 10:01.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 08:10   Link #67
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I'm still not used to those character designs . But this is a very good part of the manga, so i'm still looking forward to it.
Shiroth were satisfied with the quality of the 1st episode? Havent checked it out yet but im highly anticipating.
Old 2011-02-24, 12:40   Link #68
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Shiroth were satisfied with the quality of the 1st episode? Havent checked it out yet but im highly anticipating.
The animation for the first episode was pretty damn good, though i just have a thing against those character designs, that's all. I'm been reading the original manga since it started, so i'm just that used to Kazuhito's original designs.
Old 2011-02-24, 13:21   Link #69
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
The animation for the first episode was pretty damn good, though i just have a thing against those character designs, that's all. I'm been reading the original manga since it started, so i'm just that used to Kazuhito's original designs.
I really think this is a case where familiarity with the source material makes the difference. I actually prefer both the animation and character designs from the OVA - it's really a one-man show for Ryochimo Sawa in a lot of ways and I think he's something of a genius when it comes to visuals.

Funny thing is, I've loved Suzuhito Yasuda's character designs for other projects - Kamisama Kazoku, Durarara... Just didn't love them here.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 13:28   Link #70
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I really think this is a case where familiarity with the source material makes the difference.
There's no doubt about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Funny thing is, I've loved Suzuhito Yasuda's character designs for other projects - Kamisama Kazoku, Durarara... Just didn't love them here.
Have you read any of the Yozakura Quartet manga?
Old 2011-02-24, 13:34   Link #71
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
There's no doubt about that.

Have you read any of the Yozakura Quartet manga?
Not until after the anime - and that makes all the difference. I've read a few chapters but I still see the anime in my head when I do. I don't dislike the character designs - I just find them less distinctive than either the OVA's or the ones in KK or Durarara.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 23:59   Link #72
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

The characters designs are awful. Good God. Looks like a retarded Saturday Morning cartoon... Either that or a wannabe K-On! ripoff. Zakuro looks just downright UGLY in some frames (otherwise, she's the only one with a design I actually really like).
Old 2011-04-02, 09:24   Link #73
kyouray
2D > 3D

2nd PV !

Oh god. This animation.

And for the ones who can't bear this design, Suzuhito Yasuda delivered a special illustration :
Old 2011-04-02, 09:34   Link #74
Kakkou
Tch.

Oh my god. If the preorder for this weren't sold out on cdjapan I would have placed my order already *____*. Damn, I hope they get more in stock after the release date cause I think I'll splurge a little more for the OADs.

EDIT: Double oh my godddd. That illustration, that wonderful illustration!! Just checked Suzuhito Yasuda's pixiv; So it's the cover for the regular edition of volume 10 huh? Shit, I'm going crazy. First his artbook announcement, then the OAD PV & now this cover?!

Last edited by Kakkou; 2011-04-02 at 09:51.
Old 2011-04-02, 10:09   Link #75
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

I am speechless after watching that teaser. Whoever did the action scene that starts around 1:14 deserves all of my praise. Probably ryochimo, but yeah. And the one with Hime fighting the other chick with her pole is equally as fantastic. So much going on at the same time and in such a large scale. And I think I'm in love with the motion of Hime spinning her pole.

This just can't come out soon enough, eh?
Old 2011-04-02, 12:53   Link #76
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Nice action. But i still hoping for the original character design by Suzuhito.
Old 2011-04-02, 13:46   Link #77
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

wow, looks better than i thought it would. Can't wait for this.
Old 2011-04-02, 16:55   Link #78
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Second OVA animates one of the best action scenes in the manga, so i'm glad it'll do it justice. Still those character designs are so not to my liking. Just doesn't work at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray View Post
And for the ones who can't bear this design, Suzuhito Yasuda delivered a special illustration :
This makes up for it <3. Considering the material the next released volume covers, this will be the front volume cover.
Old 2011-04-02, 21:27   Link #79
kyouray
2D > 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Shit, I'm going crazy. First his artbook announcement, then the OAD PV & now this cover?!
This artbook is tempting but there is no preview... I think I'll wait reviews before buying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post
I am speechless after watching that teaser. Whoever did the action scene that starts around 1:14 deserves all of my praise. Probably ryochimo, but yeah.
ryo-chimo & Shingo Yamashita I think.
I also love this pole motion
Old 2011-04-08, 04:44   Link #80
Kakkou
Tch.

The official site updated recently with it's third key visual by Ryo-timo. I have to say this one is really nice. Oh, there is a slight okay, huge spoiler there for those who may not have read this arc. Proceed with caution.

Spoiler for Manga readers eyes only. You have been warned.:

EDIT: Oh right, we're also getting a third OAD but that comes as no surprise anyway. What's really pleasantly surprising is that there'll be some bonus footage.
EDIT^2: Having a better look at the official website, it seems the second OAD also comes with a character song CD featuring Hime and Akina.

Last edited by Kakkou; 2011-04-08 at 19:47.

Tags
action, shounen