AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-09-01, 01:58   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Chapter 508 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---
Chapter Status: Spoiler out...

Quote:
-Kisame breaks free.

-He uses the water prison technique (used during the Kirabi fight). He attempts to summon once more but, due to his injuries he starts to lose consciousness again.

- Flashback to when he first met Itachi. While posturing and gloating, Kisame explains that he understands Itachi since they both had to kill comrades, but unlike Itachi Kisame enjoys it since it is the shark’s way of life, and then draws Samehade while Itachi activates his Mangekyo. Itachi, epically, responds, “No human who has even once killed a comrade has died a worthy death. Be prepared.” Their conversation continues, but no blood is shed…

-Cut back to the present, where Kisame reflects on Itachi’s words…

-Then, the summoned shark eats Kisame…

-The gathered Shinobi are stupefied, wondering if this is how the legendary shinobi died…something else happens, somehow the scroll Kisame was trying to send to Madara is booby trapped, and another Water Prison and summoned sharks spring forth from the scroll…

-Final page, Madara arrived in Ame, and confronts Konan, who explains that she is going to kill Madara…

Last edited by james0246; 2010-09-01 at 08:48.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 02:35   Link #2
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Maybe this will be the chapter that Kisame finally bites the dust. >_>
Old 2010-09-01, 03:36   Link #3
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Maybe this will be the chapter that Kisame finally bites the dust. >_>
No... he will probably grab Samahade and will be fully restored... he runs off and then the final battle will begin... Naruto will probably step in just before Gai activates the 8th Gate.
Old 2010-09-01, 04:33   Link #4
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangastream
コナン アナタが私の前に来ることは分かっていた 待っていたわ…アナタを仕留めるために
Konan: I know why you're here. I was waiting for you...in order to finish you.
マダラ かつての仲間だからと言って手加減はしない… いいな
Madara: You were my colleague before, so I won't go easy on you.

終わり!サーセイ★
The end.

Trans from Ohana's spoiler.
I... huh... what? I guess this is to show why Madara isn't rescuing Kisame.. he's busy somewhere else? Need a more complete spoiler, but I honestly thought Kishi would forget about Konan. Pleasantly surprised, though. Konan's too hot to leave alone. Though... this doesn't bode too well for her survival chances.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 04:33   Link #5
d' airscapez
stranded in new york

^ haha woah beat me to to it by a few seconds o_o
d' airscapez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 04:36   Link #6
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by d' airscapez View Post
^ haha woah beat me to to it by a few seconds o_o
I'm pro like that. You're almost at my level

The rest of the translation:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangaHelpers

Full Translation
508 How a shinobi dies

Kisame lets out a shout as he removes the restraining device and uses the Mizurou no Jutsu (water prison)

Everyone is flustered
Within the water prison, Kisame does a Kuchiyose but is beginning to lose consciousness.

From here, it's a flashback to when Kisame first met Itachi

Kisame: (It's just as you said, Itachi-san)
From today onwards, I'm the one who's going to be teamed with you. Once a Kirigakure (hidden mist) Seven Ninja Swordsman
Hoshigaki Kisame... Pleased to make your acquaintance.

Itachi listens silently

In spite of this, Kisame continues smoothly: The feeling of having killed your kinsmen isn't quite something you can put in words, now is it~

Itachi: You've done your homework, haven't you. I can tell you intend to understand me better, but how about yourself?
Coming here after getting lost in the mist... You're just a thug who hasn't decided where he wants to go. Am I wrong?

Kisame props Samehada on Itachi's shoulder
Kisame: Let me tell you something nice. This applies to the shark species too~~~
Sharks eat each other while in their mothers' stomachs. They kill their comrades. Henceforth, you are my comrade within Akatsuki. Please be on your guard. To me...

Itachi's eyes are in Mangekyou-mode: Right back at you...

Kisame unsheaths Samehada: Let's get along with each other so we won't end up as each other's final opponent.

Itachi: Be prepared with the knowledge that the one person who got along with me, died a worthy death

Kisame: In that case, that means neither of us are worthy humans, doesn't it?

Itachi: No, we are not fish. We are humans. We do not know what kind of human we are until we taste our last.
We are made to realise what we are at the time of our death. Don't you think death is like that?
Old 2010-09-01, 05:25   Link #7
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
It looks like a Kisame fleshing out chapter. Too bad it happens seconds before he dies.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 05:26   Link #8
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Frenchie View Post
I... huh... what? I guess this is to show why Madara isn't rescuing Kisame.. he's busy somewhere else? Need a more complete spoiler, but I honestly thought Kishi would forget about Konan. Pleasantly surprised, though. Konan's too hot to leave alone. Though... this doesn't bode too well for her survival chances.
Wait Konan wants to fight the man who was the STRONGEST Uchiha a clan that specializes in fire techniques? That plan has no downsides to it whatsoever!

Is it just me or does it seem like since the moment the first Akatsuki member was beaten they have gradually all become more retarded?

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 05:31   Link #9
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-sama
Wait Konan wants to fight the man who was the STRONGEST Uchiha a clan that specializes in fire techniques? That plan has no downsides to it whatsoever!

Is it just me or does it seem like since the moment the first Akatsuki member was beaten they have gradually all become more retarded?
Hm, well, I thought perhaps her paper jutsu would afford her some evasive skills to counter Madara's teleporting movement. Not sure about the fire jutsu thing. Didn't Jiraiya fail to harm her with a great fireball technique? She was owned by the oil, if I recall correctly.

Eh, maybe she has a plan up her sleeve. This next fight sounds like it might reveal some more about how Madara's techniques work, like the fight between him and Danzou's bodyguards.
Old 2010-09-01, 05:39   Link #10
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Water beats paper (gets moistured to pulp)
Fire beats paper (burns it to ash)
Wind beats paper (blows it away)
Earth ... paper beats rock ... Too bad Sasuke does not have it. I don't know about Madara or Itachi.
Lightning ... Hm, wood is normally not letting electricity surge through but does burn by a good thunderstrike; so it's average resistant.

Man, unless someone uses Earth, Konan is toast. But what did you expect? She's a girl in Narutoverse.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 08:14   Link #11
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Frenchie View Post
-No...no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, get the hell out of there Konan! Please just leave Madara and his pet project Sasuke to Naruto and the rest. I don't care that you wouldn't get to fight otherwise, just stay alive. You're too awesome/hot to be killed by some masked spectre and his angsty little puppet.
Old 2010-09-01, 08:52   Link #12
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
Water beats paper (gets moistured to pulp)
Actually, it was only oil that beat Konan's paper. Jiraiya's fire didn't do anything and she does live in Ame, so have a paper-based ability in the Land of Rain wouldn't make any sense...

---

That being said, I updated the OP with a spoiler...
Old 2010-09-01, 09:04   Link #13
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Actually, it was only oil that beat Konan's paper. Jiraiya's fire didn't do anything and she does live in Ame, so have a paper-based ability in the Land of Rain wouldn't make any sense...

---

That being said, I updated the OP with a spoiler...
Actually remember that Pain had to deactivate his rain jutsu so that Konan could use her butterfly origami ability.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 09:13   Link #14
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Actually remember that Pain had to deactivate his rain jutsu so that Konan could use her butterfly origami ability.
Not sure why. Konan has been shown to use origami underneath normal rain. Pain also used a bubble shower to wash off the oil Jiraiya had used on her after his fire jutsu failed.

It almost certainly had something to do with the rain being Pain's jutsu. Or that technique of hers in particular.
Old 2010-09-01, 09:30   Link #15
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I think that part was so that he could go fetch the other Pains...anyway, chapter seems epic, this is the kind of stuff that makes Naruto popular Kisame/Itachi flashback and Konan VS Madara!? Taking into account Kishi's opinion of women in battle, I'm inclined to think that zombified Nagato will come to the rescue...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 10:07   Link #16
iBeast

Lol cameo by Konan...she'll probably die next chapter...
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 10:32   Link #17
Alchemist007
*Author

Nice knowing you pretty girl...
Old 2010-09-01, 10:39   Link #18
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeast View Post
Lol cameo by Konan...she'll probably die next chapter...
Or we learn the Sharingan's one weakness...papercuts.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 10:56   Link #19
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

What!? That bastard better not kill her
Old 2010-09-01, 11:04   Link #20
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I think that part was so that he could go fetch the other Pains...anyway, chapter seems epic, this is the kind of stuff that makes Naruto popular Kisame/Itachi flashback and Konan VS Madara!? Taking into account Kishi's opinion of women in battle, I'm inclined to think that zombified Nagato will come to the rescue...
That would be really cool. No, even better, Z-Nagato is the one who kills her.

Tags
weekly chapter discussion