AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-13, 17:08   Link #261
ookamigirl

Well, episode 2 was kinda goofy, but at least they explained a few things.
This one is for some light fun, a kinda no brainer anime.
Hibiki sure was pretty enthusiastic about the whole thing.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 17:16   Link #262
E_I
Yuri fan

Episode 2:

Wow, they ripped that whole "sunshine" line that Hibiki tells Miku straight from Kannazuki no Miko.
E_I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 18:13   Link #263
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
I find it strange that Hibiki doesn't have Kanade's weapon in the OP or episode.

Hope the cliffhanger isn't undone next week again.
Old 2012-01-13, 18:13   Link #264
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

So the reason Hibiki transformed was because a piece of Kanade's weapon that had hit her during the attack 2 years ago got stuck there. That does explain why she had her suit as well. Lol the handcuffs and the surprise party. Even better they handcuff her again to get down there.

So Tsubasa is pissed that Hibiki is wearing Kanade's suit. Seems like she got even more angry when they found out how Hibki was able to transform. THat ending scene doesn't look good. I'd get have a good laugh if she was the one that killed Hibiki,

Poor Miku worried about Hibiki. What worse is that she doesn't even know why she's busy. I really hope this whole series isn't a giant flashback. If it's not i believe Hibiki's death will be shown soon.
Old 2012-01-13, 18:42   Link #265
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Spoiler for episode 2 opinions:
Old 2012-01-13, 19:48   Link #266
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

...My god, my ears when Hibiki started singing >_>; Hope she'll gets better in next episode...

And guys, why is it that telling anyone else about symphogear would be dangerous for them too? Does that mean they're going to get killed by the government to preserve their secret?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 19:49   Link #267
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
I hope so. If only... Naturally sadly I can't muster any faith in these writers though, probably just a flashback (or Tsubasa memory) with this troll show.
Give what I've seen in ep.1, I also think it's just flashback trolling. Looks like more trolling coming up... sigh. Prepare for disappointment - this could turn out to be the biggest disappointment of this season. We'll see.
Old 2012-01-13, 20:14   Link #268
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Colour me weird, but isn't this supposed to troll the audience, like GC, Macross, and Horizon?
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 20:24   Link #269
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
And guys, why is it that telling anyone else about symphogear would be dangerous for them too? Does that mean they're going to get killed by the government to preserve their secret?
I wanna know that too. I mean, what do they have to fear? Those twin girls are probably the most powerful ally beings on the planet.
Old 2012-01-13, 20:26   Link #270
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Hey, Horizon never trolled the audience. It's the (Western) audience who had this misconception that they were trolled when in fact they just don't know how to absorb the series.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 20:34   Link #271
scr
my sides are in orbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_I View Post
Episode 2:

Wow, they ripped that whole "sunshine" line that Hibiki tells Miku straight from Kannazuki no Miko.
E_I, lol.

I have a feeling that Miku will be important in the future.
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 20:39   Link #272
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by scr View Post
I have a feeling that Miku will be important in the future.
Considering the cheap trolling nature of this show, she probably won't.
Old 2012-01-13, 21:04   Link #273
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ Miku might have an important role in the future, but she has a high probability of dying after said important role.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2012-01-13, 21:05   Link #274
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
^ that would during, not after
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 21:35   Link #275
DangerMouse

As Marcus H. said, also Horizon didn't really troll it was forthcoming with the fanservice and that lead despite it's ambitious premise etc.. Also, how is GC overly trolling? From what I've seen it just has an awful generally unlikeable protagonist (who was always the protagonist) weakening a show that should be far better, there was never any deception about him or who were the leads, unlike the dishonet Symphogear trailer which had about equal time for all four and despite focusing on the two girls equally focused on Kanade and Tsubasa for a little over the entire second half and even played up Kanade to fans who like that kind of heroine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Colour me weird, but isn't this supposed to troll the audience, like GC, Macross, and Horizon?
IMO, the trolling thing is stupid (others also didn't troll things like lying about the lead) and doing it by advertising the show as about Kanade and Tsubasa was stupid and uncalled for and did nothing but risk pissing people off with two totally differently aimed protagonists in Kanade and Hibiki and not getting them hooked, it wasn't likeable, or a "cute" or ambitious move, or a hook (the grave and bloodily injured Hibiki already "hooked" that this could be more than just an "idol action show", killing the character that was advertised as an equal of Tsubasa in favor of Hibiki undid it all taking the wind out of the momentum for most who got brought to the show by Kanade's pre-air advertising, design, character description etc., just like Tsubasa viewers clearly came for her and Nana Mizuki seeing her name come up so often). Secondly, as I've read elsewhere even, they didn't troll the audience which is one thing, they trolled half the audience which is another (even if Tsubasa unlikely dies later, which I now doubt due to her VA singing all the songs). Plus in this episode Hibiki's lame behavior continued her arc exactly how everyone knew she would even without the trolling, she essentially took all of the wind and ambition out of the show even if she gets slightly better than average development where we see her believably sacrifice herself in the end (provided that's not a troll too).

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2012-01-13 at 21:49.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 21:40   Link #276
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Noise and Dissonance

Ok. It looks like the second episode managed to deliver a fair explanation about the Symphogear the girls wear, and also as to why they need to sing in battle.

If I understood correctly, this is so to create powerful pulse of energy within their bodies not only to activate Symphogear but to bring forth the battle armor to its full potential. Of course, the trope for this kind of items and the girls wearing them, means that the girls must really mean their feelings into their songs.
Singing half-heartedly would mean the armor deactivating against their will, particularly dangerous when caught in the heat of a battle, or going unstable with the powers.

As far as the second division goes, Genjuro and Ryoko seemed the most vivacious and approachable members. Kind of Hibiki imagining herself being brought into the custody of some creepy men in black at an undisclosed, Area-51esque station; kind I have a hunch she pictured that scene.
But, never she expected a literal, welcome party thrown for her by the division.

They seemed trustworthy, warm, and understanding adults, especially reading their lines as they watched Hibiki to deploy into actions, that she's like them; selfless, ready to take the challenge without minding consequences, and willing to protect others at the risk of their own lives.

We also got that because a tiny shrapnel of Kanade's relic got stuck permanently within a sensible area of Hibiki's heart, which cannot be surgically removed with safety BTW, Hibiki at the time unawaredly became Kanade's heir.

Of course, in spite of the flamboyant welcome and the creepy need to be summoned while hand-cuffed, the downside is that Hibiki from now on must distance from her friends in order to protect them from her new life, and she endure the hardships of the new life laid before her eyes that she chose to enter according to her will.
Another downside is that Tsubasa's not going to accept her new "partner" with a smile on her face and with love, bear hug just like if Kanade's memory meant nothing to anybody else.

Spoiler:

BTW, did anyone of you guys comment that the ED video makes use of such bizarre and creepy images that in no way fit with the tone of the ED theme song?
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 22:08   Link #277
molitar

I think its' probably more than the armor.. she probably got embedded a piece of Kanada's armor but also a piece of noise.. after all the noise were firing at Kanada when it happened and it got past Kanada to hit Hibiki. The noise attack seems to be more of a part of themselves instead of like a weapon like a laser or that. So she maybe a combination of the relic and noise together.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 22:22   Link #278
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
I think its' probably more than the armor.. she probably got embedded a piece of Kanada's armor but also a piece of noise.. after all the noise were firing at Kanada when it happened and it got past Kanada to hit Hibiki. The noise attack seems to be more of a part of themselves instead of like a weapon like a laser or that. So she maybe a combination of the relic and noise together.
That explains why at the end of the first episode Hibiki's visage sported a savage grin akin to a beast or a berseker. Even more, when she started to unwillingly manifest the symphogear on herself Hibiki went to some crazy changes in her body, as well her face was noticed sprouting fangs and eyes going crazy like an animal's.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 22:39   Link #279
Akarin

Tsubasa is such a b*tch to Hibiki: MY PARTNER IS DDDDDDEEEAAAAADDD!!! ASFHAQIO

What I've seen so far is bad, however, it's enjoyable. I really liked the opening song.

Hibiki reminds me of Subaru a lot btw, but she's bad at singing.

Eps.1: What I expected - Eps.2: What I got
Akarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 22:44   Link #280
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Hibiki reminds me of Kensaki from Kamen Rider Blade; a hybrid of two opposing powers.

Tags
action, musical, original anime, science fiction, shounen, tragedy