AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-23, 18:42   Link #341
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
I actually like the MC he's a bit of a pervert but thats about his only flaw, he's definitely better than most harem leads who tend to be complete weaklings and scared of the girls around them.

It's her frist cover, Volume 10 had a extra but it wasn't the main cover.

Only Rias and Akeno have had more than 1 solo cover.
Eh, there are definitely male MCs in Harems that can make a better show. The whole Oppai/switch princess is what finally turned me off. The whole thing was just becoming more and more bizarre.

Somewhere around then my interest died. The cutesy/seduction and other fun scenes are nice to read in many other Harem LNs, but in this one I just had to flip past fast.
Old 2012-12-23, 18:51   Link #342
Mars Mode

Thats exactly why I like the novel, its so refreshing, in some way or another.
Old 2012-12-23, 19:47   Link #343
n0m@n
C-Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
Eh, there are definitely male MCs in Harems that can make a better show. The whole Oppai/switch princess is what finally turned me off. The whole thing was just becoming more and more bizarre.

Somewhere around then my interest died. The cutesy/seduction and other fun scenes are nice to read in many other Harem LNs, but in this one I just had to flip past fast.
Well, there's a limit of how much you can understand through google translate so I cant blame you.

DxD is meant for ecchi, and easy to ready story. It wont suit people who reads LN with very thought-out setting and story with lots of elements behind it.

Last edited by n0m@n; 2012-12-23 at 21:02.
Old 2012-12-26, 13:09   Link #344
XFire
150% done

Okay, the "onsen story" cracked me up.
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2012-12-26, 13:12   Link #345
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Wait so when does vol 14 release again
Old 2012-12-26, 13:23   Link #346
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post

People got different tastes, its fine if you don't like the story. I love this Novel because its plays with your imagination, you imagine what Ise is seeing or doing. It also leaves much room for foreshadowing. I think it is quite popular in Japan right now I believe, it got the green light for a second season.

In a sense, Light Novels like High School DXD got a Moderate story, but it allows a lot of imagination for readers while reading it which is why most people like it I think.
Old 2012-12-26, 16:47   Link #347
elebarna
DXD_Oppai universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
People got different tastes, its fine if you don't like the story. I love this Novel because its plays with your imagination, you imagine what Ise is seeing or doing. It also leaves much room for foreshadowing. I think it is quite popular in Japan right now I believe, it got the green light for a second season.

In a sense, Light Novels like High School DXD got a Moderate story, but it allows a lot of imagination for readers while reading it which is why most people like it I think.
wait-wait as fas as i've seen at page 17-18 there are a few ID that voices their opinion but it turned to become one serious topics if we talk it continously taht's so shame ~

well for those who dislike DXD,please don't compare it to some another anime that might ruined the charisma of this Series maybe your guys who dislikes it said drop to volume 3,because the MC blah blah blah and oppai power ? WTF is that ? ...

as far as i know,DXD story is not mainstream like narut* or bl*ach has,it's very old thinking to gain some power through mind to protect someone we love and boom we got another amazing skill and power to beat our enemy...

come on that's child think,and as you know too The MC is diffrent from another MC harem series. well let's compare with rito. rito is incompetent,he don't have power to beat the enemy,and he is dense.nevertheles he is kind to all of heroine.
or maybe like arata in T-7. well i admit he has similiarity with MC of DXD but with different league. arata has some cool aura in there and attract girls around him easily.actually i'm a little bit confused about the kind of harem type in this series...why ? cause there isn't any single story about them to like the MC so much even they wanted to married him.

and for DXD ? he is weak from the start but become strong with monstrous amount of training.he is brave,even he will take back what it deserves to be. can you read about raiser engagement part ? isse is 10x weaker than raiser but he don't care and boast to the wedding party to just take back his buchou from raiser hand even it cost his left arm. SO ? do you think anybody MC harem series have this stuff inside them ? i don't think so..

and for the heroine... all of heroine in DXD at first didn't like isse at all.but why they like him now ? because all of heroine in dxd story have a story about themselves to like the MC. for the start buchou or rias,at first he just see ise as her beloved servant and nothing more.but after isse destroy the wedding party and even beat the shit crap of raiser, rias started to like him. and she is completely fallen to isse as the story continued until they become couple now.so well with other girls in isse harem..

here,i don't try to make a debate about which series is better or whose MC is better.it's tiring and i don't like to add the fuel on fire. i just wnted to tell if DXD isn't like any other series that's all.
and sorry for my bad english,i stiil need to improve it cause it same like power,if you don't work hard then there is nothing you will achieved~~ TQ
Old 2012-12-26, 17:06   Link #348
Vinley

Yep, haters back off, you knew it was gonna be like this after you see the word oppai more than 54 times in one chapter, and I like it. Sorta refreshing, not all good and chaste but not a jackass.

Can someone shed some insight about this?

Re: Translation poll
by Code-Zero » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:53 pm

In the doujin, it was made that Ise lost against Raiser in the fight at the engagement party.

Spoiler! :
So obviously Raiser NTR Rias and her servants. But it doesnt end there. He has like a party where he makes other high-class devil gang rape Rias, Akeno, Asia, and Koneko.
I don't have respect for those who puts down other peoples work. Thats why Im dropping Dakara.

Code-Zero
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Yeah, I was to lazy to really do more research on this, will it affect translations? Again I'm to lazy/tired to research it, and it's 1:25 here, thank you.

Don't know what the series is going to do, all the girls already said they love him, guess the world is just gonna be threatened and they need heroes again.
Old 2012-12-26, 17:15   Link #349
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinley View Post
Yep, haters back off, you knew it was gonna be like this after you see the word oppai more than 54 times in one chapter, and I like it. Sorta refreshing, not all good and chaste but not a jackass.

In the doujin, it was made that Ise lost against Raiser in the fight at the engagement party.

Spoiler! :
So obviously Raiser NTR Rias and her servants. But it doesnt end there. He has like a party where he makes other high-class devil gang rape Rias, Akeno, Asia, and Koneko.
I don't have respect for those who puts down other peoples work. Thats why Im dropping Dakara.

Code-Zero

Yeah, I was to lazy to really do more research on this, will it affect translations? Again I'm to lazy/tired to research it, and it's 1:25 here, thank you.

Don't know what the series is going to do, all the girls already said they love him, guess the world is just gonna be threatened and they need heroes again.
.................................................. ...............That was an H-doujin. We're trying very hard to forget it existed since it sends the whole thread up in flames. It came up a while ago, and it shouldn't affect anything.
Old 2012-12-26, 17:16   Link #350
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:

Spoiler! :

Code-Zero

Well its not going to affect High School DXD fans since we know what happened for real, but its going to affect what happens to Dakara Boku Wa, H Ga Dekinai translation on Baka-Tsuki. The artist of the NTR doujin of High School DXD happens to be the artist of Dakara Boku Wa, H Ga Dekinai manga or light novel (forgot which one, but you know).

In short, there is bad blood. High School DXD is currently the most popular Novel read on baka-tsuki and while some of us are disturb by the doujin we read the Novel and see the Doujin as a pile of..............(can't find a elegant word here), but there are a lot of fans see this as an attack to High School DXD. So Dakara Boku Wa, H Ga Dekinai fan base will most likely see its English or other fans readers dropping it.
Old 2012-12-26, 21:09   Link #351
elebarna
DXD_Oppai universe

Quote:

Spoiler! :

Code-Zero

yeah the author of dakara is such a scum look down on people work as he pleased,i just hoped he got backfired and dakara lost it fans ....
well let's just say i've never read it [that NTR]
Old 2012-12-26, 21:35   Link #352
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by elebarna View Post
yeah the author of dakara is such a scum look down on people work as he pleased,i just hoped he got backfired and dakara lost it fans ....
I think this isn't a very productive attitude to have. Those sorts of doujin are very common and popular (to some), and it doesn't mean that the author is looking down on the franchise by any means. I think some fans are fabricating a controversy out of some sort of mock sense of competition, but the author of the doujin was specifically marketing to fans of this franchise when he made that doujin. It was not some sort of sign of disrespect. I've no doubt there are other doujin artists who made similar works for this and many of other franchises. Even if you're not a fan of the subject matter, it doesn't mean the author was "dissing" the work.

Anyway, I think it isn't relevant or on-topic to promote this false conflict in this thread.
Old 2012-12-26, 21:47   Link #353
Vinley

Thank you, if you really want to went anger either make a fan fiction about how raiser went to a timber processing plant and infinitely got cut into tiny pieces, then all phenix regeneration, then make an inexplicable octopus appear and then fill it with your own imagination, or just eat a watermelon. That's how I'm a little ball of dense repressed wrath that likes water melon, teehee.

Rant over.

So is issei's harem still growing? It feels a bit crowded now, and they still didn't use all the clique pesonalities yet.

I like the theme songs~
Old 2012-12-26, 22:03   Link #354
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Okay lets stay away from the debate of the NTR doujin, whether or not the artist was intentionally doing this to spark competition or other reasons lets not go there. Vinley, the debate of the doujin is already heavily discuss in the social group go there to find the answers. Never been a big fan of Doujins, but lets stay on topic.

About your questions Vinley, there is reason to believe that Ise's harem is increasing. There are volumes where each girl gets the spotlight and there are moments where each girl gets to shine in each even if they are not the main focus of each volume. Shouldn't this be on the answer and question thread instead of the character discussion thread?
Old 2012-12-28, 06:33   Link #355
n0m@n
C-Z

Volume 14 Story Synopsis.
Quote:
“I-It’s my first time, so please be g-gentle……”
I, Hyoudou Issei, am really panicked. That’s because Akeno-san who is fully naked is laying besides me---.
What’s going on!? What is about to happen!?
What waited for us who returned from the Underworld is very relaxing day. But that peace was also destroyed immediately……
A mysterious group started to attack the academy.
Who are these guys!? With their King Rias, absent, what will you do, Gremory group!?
A Devil Academy battle fantasy, starting!
Old 2012-12-28, 07:08   Link #356
florza
一日之计在于晨

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Well, there's a limit of how much you can understand through google translate so I cant blame you.
This is lolworthy, unintentional or not.

Edit: I also see that Ochitekita Ryuuou to Horobiyuku Majo no Kuni signature there.

Last edited by florza; 2012-12-28 at 07:19.
Old 2012-12-28, 07:32   Link #357
sky black swordman

Holy, So Ise 's first time will be with Akeno and not Rias!? While Rias is not present Akeno will "eat" Ise, you go girl!!!
Go Akeno!!!!
Old 2012-12-28, 08:16   Link #358
Chris38

Personally, I doubt THAT is actually happen, it's probably purposefully done by the author, to make the reader interested in buying the next novel volume, but when it's actually going to be released, Akeno and Ise are going to be interrupted by someone, as usual.

If it's going to actually happen, which be a pretty good surprise, ... then Akeno would probably need to deal with a pretty furious Rias, which wouldn't be a good idea, in my opinion, even if, it might lead to a pretty funny situation

The thing, I'm wondering more about is... the fact that Rias is mentioned of being absent, in the synopsis - since, she is living in the same house as Ise and the other girls, does that mean that Rias has been suddenly summoned to the Underworld, or some other place,and she will have only a minimal screen appearance in volume 14 ?
Old 2012-12-28, 08:43   Link #359
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Volume 14 Story Synopsis.

“I-It’s my first time, so please be g-gentle……”
I, Hyoudou Issei, am really panicked. That’s because Akeno-san who is fully naked is laying besides me---.
What’s going on!? What is about to happen!?
What waited for us who returned from the Underworld is very relaxing day. But that peace was also destroyed immediately……
A mysterious group started to attack the academy.
Who are these guys!? With their King Rias, absent, what will you do, Gremory group!?
A Devil Academy battle fantasy, starting!
Okay, I'll start off the theory frenzy.
  • Maybe Ise and Akeno finally do a "breast power up"
  • Alternatively, it's for real and they get cockblocked
  • They're at the Academy, so I guess Rias went back to deal with something. Probably to be warned about the people who attack during this volume.
  • Attackers are either vampires trying to take Gasper, or Magicians who hate devils
  • Ise gets thrown into "substitute king" role again
Old 2012-12-28, 08:48   Link #360
Chris38

The attackers, might also be magicians who hate dragons, after all, it has been mentioned, in the 12 volume, that having a connection with Ophis and Great Red, could cause Ise to be targeted by some new enemies.
Closed Thread

Tags
harem, school life, shounen