Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-25, 06:17   Link #1
Sephyna
Silent Wanderer

All you need is love!?

Hiya all!

I haven't watched anime for a long loong looong time so maybe you guys can help me? I have checked many different types anime lately (mecha/action...) and I noticed that I couldn't find any lovely romance stuff. So can you recommend me some sobbing/delightful/sweet romance anime? The romance series which I love very much are Aishiteruze baby, Cardcaptor Sakura and Fruits Basket !

Also many weeks ago found very interesting anime but unfortunately I don't remember the title. Only thing that I remember is the main character. The character is a man that won't come out of his house because he is afraid of the outside world. (or something like that) Does anyone know the title of that anime?

Sincerely Sephyna
Old 2006-11-25, 06:29   Link #2
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephyna View Post
Also many weeks ago found very interesting anime but unfortunately I don't remember the title. Only thing that I remember is the main character. The character is a man that won't come out of his house because he is afraid of the outside world. (or something like that) Does anyone know the title of that anime?
Welcome to the NHK, torrents available for the first 19 of 24 episodes, the remaining will be fansubbed as the episodes air.

As for other recommendations, this should fit.
Bokura ga Ita, first 18 of 26 episodes have been fansubbed, rest to following in the coming weeks.

Both highly recommended. Welcome to the NHK isn't exactly a love story but I suspect you might find it enjoyable. And then there is Honey & Clover (and Honey & Clover II). Check out the AniDB and ANN links provided on those torrent pages for brief synopses of the series.
Old 2006-11-25, 07:44   Link #3
Charmmy Kitty
Red eyes in Darkness

Send a message via ICQ to Charmmy Kitty Send a message via MSN to Charmmy Kitty
Hmm...Try "Fushigi Yugi" or "Kamisama Kazoku"....Second one is really great )))
Old 2006-11-25, 09:45   Link #4
miaka

romance anime...
La corda d'oro - anime based from game about music in reverse harem.
Ouran High School Host Club - another reverse harem with lots of comedy
Kanon - remake currently ongoing
Lamune - 12 episodes short romance
Old 2006-11-25, 10:18   Link #5
Noran
Musouka

Location: In a peaceful, serene place at night, watching the beautiful stars twinkle in sight
Send a message via AIM to Noran Send a message via MSN to Noran
The anime you refered to about the man staying inside his house is most likely to be Welcome to the NHK!, also called NHK Ni Youkoso. If you know what YouTube is then you can find most of the episodes on there if you don't wish to torrent the episodes. Some classic romance animes would be His and Her Circumstances, also called Kare Kano, and Ai Yori Aoshi. Other good romance animes would be Onegai Teacher, Suzuka, Midori no Hibi, Shuffle!, Chobits, Onegai Twins, and Love Hina. I hope that helps you find what you're looking for.

Old 2006-11-25, 11:35   Link #6
MamoruUsagi

There are lots of great series where the main couple becomes boyfriend/girlfriend during the beginning of the series, gets married, has a child.

Fushigi Yuugi
Ayashi no Ceres
Kare Kano
Bokura ga Ita
Sailor Moon
The Devil Does Exist
Wild Act
Paradise Kiss
Kare First Love
Absolute Boyfriend
Happy Hustle High
Mars
Peach Girl
Missile Happy!
Ultra Maniac
Land of the Blindfolded
Akuma De Sourou
Fushigi Yugi
Marmalade Boy
Sand Chronicles
Ultra Cute
Black Bird
B.O.D.Y.
We Were There

Sailor Moon has 200 anime episodes, 18 manga volumes and the live action series. The couple is boyfriend/girlfriend during the series, gets married, has a child and has an amazing love story.

The Fushigi Yuugi manga is a lot longer than the anime. The Fushigi Yuugi manga goes a lot further than the anime.

Bokura ga Ita
The Devil Does Exist
His and Her Circumstances
Wild Act
Fushigi Yuugi
Kare First Love
Happy Hustle High
Ayashi no Ceres
Mars
Akuma De Sourou
High School Debut
Peach Girl
Kare Kano
Ultra Cute
Missile Happy!

There are lots of great series with lots of kisses, the couple being boyfriend/girlfriend and dating during the series and great romance.

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2010-09-20 at 12:35.
Old 2006-11-25, 17:16   Link #7
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

If you liked CCS you would definitely like Tsubasa Chronicles. There you'll meet Sakura and Syaoran again, but this time they are not children anymore.
Old 2006-11-25, 20:37   Link #8
shinobiknight0
I'm a Senior Member!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmmy Kitty View Post
Hmm...Try "Fushigi Yugi" or "Kamisama Kazoku"....Second one is really great )))
Um, if you're going to grab one of my sigs without permission, at least say thanks in my thread.
Old 2006-11-26, 02:35   Link #9
Sephyna
Silent Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
Welcome to the NHK, torrents available for the first 19 of 24 episodes, the remaining will be fansubbed as the episodes air.

As for other recommendations, this should fit.
Bokura ga Ita, first 18 of 26 episodes have been fansubbed, rest to following in the coming weeks.

Both highly recommended. Welcome to the NHK isn't exactly a love story but I suspect you might find it enjoyable. And then there is Honey & Clover (and Honey & Clover II). Check out the AniDB and ANN links provided on those torrent pages for brief synopses of the series.
Thank you very much. Specially Welcome to NHK made me laughing. I laughed so hard that I couldn't sit still. Also I have watched some "Bokura ga Ita" but somehow the first ans second episodes weren't so good. By the way I have watched the whole H&C and it was really good.

Last edited by Sephyna; 2006-11-26 at 05:40.
Old 2006-11-26, 03:07   Link #10
ThoHell

I believe the male main character you are talking about is from Rozen Maiden. Can't recall his name, but from your detail that would be my main if not only guess.
Old 2006-11-26, 16:57   Link #11
Theowne
耳をすませば

I haven't seen your examples, but here's some broad reccomendations:

sobbing/depressing:
Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien - depressing
Saikano - set in war environment, very depressing

delightful/sweet:
Kare Kano/His and Her Circimstances - must watch series, but kind of loses steam later on
Love Hina - average enjoyable love comedy

combination of both:
Honey and Clover 1 & 2 - just a great series

I don't know if I would reccomend Bokura Ga Ita. If you didn't like the 1st 2 episodes it doesn't really go elsewhere, and in my opinion it's gets a bit repetitive .

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Old 2006-11-26, 19:39   Link #12
Levski
Banned

Well these are the good ones:

Paradise Kiss
Marmalde Boy
His and Her Circumstances
Fushigi Yugi (screw the spelling)

I have not watched Hana Yori Dango, but it looks very promising.

Also Kaikan Phrase is really cool. Only watched up to like episode 4, but it is romance HOWEVER i am not sure exactly how centered it is around romance , since the first thing the anime was about is the main guys forming a band. I am guessing it is 50/50. It is split between the romance of the singer and this one girl and the band making it, but if someone can atone the level of romance that will help.

Anime to stay away from: Love Hina. Possibly the worst anime ever.

Anime you will hate, but love: Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien <=== had the most annoyingly retarted characters ever (2 of the main 3), but Haruka is the reason why in the end you find a bit of like in the whole show. Watch the show just for her in the last episode.
Old 2006-11-29, 14:39   Link #13
MamoruUsagi

Bokura ga Ita gets really, really good. You should keep watching, it's really realistic and romantic.

You should watch/read series where the couple becomes boyfriend/girlfriend during the beginning of the series, so the couple is dating during the series, with lots of kissing.

Fushigi Yuugi, Mars, The Devil Does Exist, Wild Act, Missile Happy!, Kare First Love, Bokura ga ta, Kare Kano are series that you will really enjoy.

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2010-07-09 at 12:39.
Closed Thread