AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2015-03-19, 07:14   Link #6961
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

This is getting Fing annoying. Feels at this point that Kubo is trying to get us to hate it so he can stop.

Well we do you idiot, so just stop. No one likes Bleach anymore.
Old 2015-03-19, 08:11   Link #6962
itachi-san314

whats the difference between killing the SK and absorbing him? it sounds like a big difference to me, which makes ywach's plan make no sense since he's willing to just completely alter it on a whim.

"Now i'll just watch the worlds crumble... engh screw it. I'll absorb the Soul King. Whatever."
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-19, 08:34   Link #6963
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

this chapter is too short.. no significant development was made...
therefore I don't know what comment I should give

Is it possible for Inoue to have a 1 vs 1 battle with a quincy?
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-19, 08:35   Link #6964
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Well, if you look at it one way, the soul king is a mindless existence imprisoned in the royal palace, doomed to never have an individual thought for all eternity - it's even worse than Aizen's prison. Now, destroying the SK for whatever reason, I get...but absorbing and becoming the soul king? Why the hell would anyone ever want to do that?

So yeah, like, iunno what's going on anymore, this is just chaos.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-19, 10:02   Link #6965
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

only Aizen can save this arc

I used to really hate him.. but now I really wish to see him again

throw him to Soul Palace!
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-19, 10:36   Link #6966
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
whats the difference between killing the SK and absorbing him? it sounds like a big difference to me, which makes ywach's plan make no sense since he's willing to just completely alter it on a whim.

"Now i'll just watch the worlds crumble... engh screw it. I'll absorb the Soul King. Whatever."
Because killing the Soul King didn't work. The arm proves that it's not enough to "kill" him. As long as someone/thing out there can replace the king, he can't be defeated. So basically if you take his powers for yourself, then you can do whatever you want.
Old 2015-03-19, 10:52   Link #6967
Tuor

I have a feeling that Yhwach is going to find out that absorbing the SK is the same as replacing him, and that by absorbing the powers, you also absorb the responsibilities of the SK which cannot be avoided. That would be pretty amusing if, in killing/absorbing the Soul King, he was forced to *be* the Soul King and that the previous SK was aware of this, which is why it didn't resist being killed.
Tuor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-19, 12:38   Link #6968
Saravis4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Because killing the Soul King didn't work? The arm proves that it's not enough to "kill" him. As long as someone/thing out there can replace the king, he can't be defeated. So basically if you take his powers for yourself, then you can do whatever you want.
Really? It seemed to me that bringing back the Soul King completely failed. All Ywach had to do was stab out a second time and armageddon would have resumed.
Old 2015-03-19, 12:53   Link #6969
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saravis4 View Post
Really? It seemed to me that bringing back the Soul King completely failed. All Ywach had to do was stab out a second time and armageddon would have resumed.
It failed because the plan wasn't well coordinated, and the arm was never intended to be more than a stop gap. But you saw the danger to Ywach's plan: not only did he not see the possibility of the King's limbs returning, but he didn't predict that a new King could be made from it.

So basically, Ywach's powers for some reason have limits when it comes to the Soul King. He's not going to risk three more attempts at the same thing. If the Soul King's power is that absolute, then all he has to do is take it for himself and then he can do whatever he wants.

I'm not disagreeing that so far, he's a poor man's Aizen, but we're missing a few chunks of the story still.

1. Ywach's true goal. It's probably a "remade in my image" thing.
2. Why Ishida defected. Double agent? Forced?
3. Where are the other limbs?
4. What role is Aizen supposed to play?
5. The "smaller" stuff: what's happening with certain characters down in Seireitei, how will they power up and come to assist the fight, etc.
6. Hueco Mundo has been far too quiet.
7. Ditto for those Fullbringers in training.

So there's lots of threads that could still be played.
Old 2015-03-19, 13:47   Link #6970
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

So what the fuck was all that about Mimihagi or whatever if Kubo was just going to get rid of it anyway by having Ywach eat it? Now we probably just lost Ukitake and maybe Yoruichi because of this nonsense.

Never in a million years would I have thought that the nakama would actually survive a confrontation with Ywach actually intact and not swiss cheese'd. I was seriously hoping Kubo would have some balls and make Ichigo watch the nakama get shot. Orihime can always set up a shield to catch her and the other two; but watch Kubo forget that because of DRAAMMMMAAAA. Pretty obvious that's what Ishida figured would happen anyway.

I mean, damn, I had Chud down as the first to get trolled out, not Catwoman.
Old 2015-03-19, 14:14   Link #6971
DragonXX

The people I want to know what they are doing are Ichigo Father and Shunsui Kyōraku because both seen to have something plan. Shunsui Kyōraku bring Aizen out of jail and Ichigo Father doing something with his family in SS and the Fullbringer. I want to know if we will learn the truth about the thing that was at the core of the plot before this arc, the thing in Aizen now.
Also who want to see Ichigo Father go Final Getsuga Tenshō and why Getsuga Tenshō is call HeavenPiercer. A theory I have is Getsuga Tenshō is the only way to truely Slay God. This could also be the fact why Shiba lost there place in SS because there member give birth to a power that can turely Slay God. Also why is it only Ichigo family member have a sword with Getsu in it.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-19, 15:10   Link #6972
Wandering Soul

So the plan changes from killing the Soul King to absorbing him. Also should falling really be a problem for the Shinigami?
Old 2015-03-19, 15:50   Link #6973
ChampDream
Alive

So Bach switch plans, while Ichigo's group gte blow away by Ishida and the quincies.
The captains are sure taking their time in coming to the palace.
Old 2015-03-19, 17:12   Link #6974
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
2. Why Ishida defected. Double agent? Forced?
Double agent. This chapter pretty much confirmed it. If he was truly on Yhwach's side, he would have swiss cheesed the nakama rather than dropping the floor out from under them.
Old 2015-03-19, 17:20   Link #6975
Robotech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
So the plan changes from killing the Soul King to absorbing him. Also should falling really be a problem for the Shinigami?
There's always been a lot of inconsistency with whether or not Shinigami can fly or stand on air in the Soul Society, as opposed to other worlds like the world of the living where they are much more consistent about flying.

When Ichigo rescued Rukia all those years ago he was flying, but I seem to recall him being gifted a special cloth or something that was stated to allow it, strongly implying that it was not a Shinigami-standard thing.

Ignoring Anime filler, I think there are more examples suggesting they can't fly in Soul Society, at least not as standard ability for all of them.
Robotech Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-19, 20:11   Link #6976
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Still, Orihime's shield/s should keep them from going splat. Obvious that's what Ishida was thinking.
Old 2015-03-20, 00:11   Link #6977
itachi-san314

Quote:
Because killing the Soul King didn't work. The arm proves that it's not enough to "kill" him. As long as someone/thing out there can replace the king, he can't be defeated. So basically if you take his powers for yourself, then you can do whatever you want.
but didn't ywach say that it's still not nearly as powerful as he is and then he destroyed the arm? why can't he just destroy the next 3 limbs just as easily? absorbing the SK seems riskier (and not part of his original almighty plan) than waiting for the next 3 limbs whose powers are still not close to his. unless he was lying and he's actually pretty flustered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Double agent. This chapter pretty much confirmed it. If he was truly on Yhwach's side, he would have swiss cheesed the nakama rather than dropping the floor out from under them.
I don't get why Ywach's lackey likes him now. ishida basically proved he's not one of them and he finds it funny and acceptable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
Still, Orihime's shield/s should keep them from going splat. Obvious that's what Ishida was thinking.
well byakuya went splat and he's already back and fighting. merely a flesh wound
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-20, 02:08   Link #6978
Saravis4

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
but didn't ywach say that it's still not nearly as powerful as he is and then he destroyed the arm? why can't he just destroy the next 3 limbs just as easily? absorbing the SK seems riskier (and not part of his original almighty plan) than waiting for the next 3 limbs whose powers are still not close to his. unless he was lying and he's actually pretty flustered.
Additionally, Ywach is now aware of the limbs and won't be caught by surprise by them. He also has more support now too. So even if Ichigo and co get to Ywach before another limb pops up that he can kill, they'll still have to get through the Sternritters that were powerful enough to kill the Royal Guard with Ishida and that other guy.
Old 2015-03-20, 03:02   Link #6979
The Small One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Well, if you look at it one way, the soul king is a mindless existence imprisoned in the royal palace, doomed to never have an individual thought for all eternity - it's even worse than Aizen's prison.
Is he really a mindless existence?
IIRC when the Royal Guards first appeared, they said, that the SK requestet to meet with Ichigo.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-20, 18:12   Link #6980
Tuor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Is he really a mindless existence?
IIRC when the Royal Guards first appeared, they said, that the SK requestet to meet with Ichigo.
I think Yhwach has one serious flaw with those eyes of his: they don't see the SK. I don't think he fully understands what he's messing around with despite being (apparently) a member of the Royal Family himself. His eyes see everything, including the future, yet were unable to see the right hand thingy. If we extrapolate that out to him not really being able to see any of the SK's parts, then that tells me he doesn't fully understand the SK.

I think in the end, Yhwach is the one who will be getting trolled.
Tuor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bleach, chapter