AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-17, 05:48   Link #41
kalbron

Eh. I may appreciate the anime more if they can make that scene make more sense. In the game it more seemed like it occured due to sheer laziness and inefficiency to save her rather than it being impossible to change.

I mean, they have screwed up a lot of things, but they did improve Rosie's reason for hating Darcsens, so they do have precedent for correcting something that is wrong, while wronging something that's correct. >_<
Old 2009-07-18, 16:22   Link #42
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

OMG, l just got how the writters can resolve the
Spoiler:
Old 2009-07-18, 20:00   Link #43
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
If they do that I'll be very torn.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2009-07-18, 20:12   Link #44
kalbron

I'll just laugh.

I'm also hoping at this point that it turns out that Faldio also has Valkyria powers. And that it's not Alicia that defeats Selvaria but Super Faldio! Then it turns out that he's actually Alicia's brother. However he doesn't care and still chases after her romantically! Welkin dies from a friendly fire accident when Hans gets a hold of a gun. The princess also shows off her Super Valkyria powers and then fawns all over Super Faldio! Faldio then goes on to take over the world and takes as his title Emperor Stue!

I mean if you're going to screw something up and make it horrible, don't do it by half measures. Entertain me while you're doing it!
Old 2009-07-18, 20:16   Link #45
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbron View Post
Welkin dies from a friendly fire accident when Hans gets a hold of a gun.
Old 2009-07-18, 21:50   Link #46
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Well I am hoping he would die. Anime Welkin is so annoying that its hard to wish for anything than his death.

Probably won't happen though, but he is already as good as dead as the main male character.
Old 2009-07-19, 03:11   Link #47
kalbron

Right, so, I think we all know why Ep 16 ended on a "Happy-with-Isara" note. Seems they really are going ahead with it, and it'll probably be the thing which reunites Welkin and Alicia.
Old 2009-07-19, 03:46   Link #48
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I'll just laugh.
Basically, yes.

Quote:
Right, so, I think we all know why Ep 16 ended on a "Happy-with-Isara" note. Seems they really are going ahead with it, and it'll probably be the thing which reunites Welkin and Alicia.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Shiroth; 2009-07-19 at 04:01.
Old 2009-07-19, 03:59   Link #49
Snowman24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Basically, yes.

Spoiler for big spoiler:
^Shh..there may be some people who haven't played the game and don't know about this yet. Best to put spoiler tags around future events.

Last edited by Snowman24; 2009-07-19 at 04:57.
Old 2009-07-19, 04:00   Link #50
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman24 View Post
^Shh..there may be some people who haven't played the game and don't know about this yet. Best to put spoiler tags around future events.
Not read where it says spoiler thread?

Edit: I'll add it in spoiler tags anyway, though it doesn't help that you quoted what i said.
Old 2009-07-19, 04:03   Link #51
kalbron

Eh, I've always wondered why this forum has this strange viewpoint on spoilers. Surely if something's behind spoiler tags or in a spoiler thread nobody should be able to complain? If you go looking, or start clicking it's your own damned fault.
Old 2009-07-19, 04:07   Link #52
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Eh, I've always wondered why this forum has this strange viewpoint on spoilers. Surely if something's behind spoiler tags or in a spoiler thread nobody should be able to complain? If you go looking, or start clicking it's your own damned fault.
Indeed. It's a anime and game comparison thread, so just from that title people should know that there are going to be spoilers from the game. Especially when the title does say spoiler thread.
Old 2009-07-19, 04:40   Link #53
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Spoiler:
Hah, if it happens he can always fall back on his established relationship with alicia for comforting..... oh wait....nvm.....
Old 2009-07-19, 05:58   Link #54
Darknemo2000

Yeah, thats the problem isn't it...

I mean I laughed hard when Alicia started talking about rifts between them in ep 16, simply because there was no such closure between them.

In game yes, in anime - we have few random scenes without that much of gradual progression and they failed to convince me that they were that close before so that they could talk about some rifts now.

I mean Alicia blushes around Welkin but she blushes around any male that gets close to her (in fact she blushes most around Faldio), looks at him with puppy eyes but he is an idiot, shows a little bit of trust and thats pretty much it, so what kind of closure we can talk about? A friendly chat they had on the grass? It wasn't a real closure, sort of friendship but not something more intimate really.

Its a little bit hard to follow script-writers logic in some places. Assuming that they used it. Sometimes it feels like they just threw things together as fast as they could without caring about consequences.

Using bablefish to translate DMC and put it as a letter just shows how careful they are with what they do. I mean at least they could have copied some random english text somewhere if they were that desperate instead of using bablefish...

Add this to shoujo school-girl romance, some tanks, half-baked relationships and scenes that do not make sense... It has it's own moments but so far those are way too little to leave a good impression on this anime.

I am still watching but more because I do not like to leave things unfinished rather than really caring about it.
Old 2009-07-19, 06:27   Link #55
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

yeah aside from the cabin and rescue from the falling rocks...there hasn't been much bonding to speak about...

the chances of this scene happening is 0% now....

Fast Foward to 1:18 >_>;;;
a damn shame l say

Last edited by Manji Midou; 2009-07-19 at 06:43.
Old 2009-07-19, 06:42   Link #56
kalbron

Not quite true Manji. In all likelyhood it will happen.

Now will it make logical sense in the context of the story they've presented so far? Nope.

Of course, it is possible they could salvage the series for a last gasp and blow us all away but... they'd need to fire all their horrible shoujo doujinshi writers, and unfortunately since they work for sketches of bishies that's just not going to happen.

Edit: It really does make me sigh when I re-watch the game's cutscenes. They were overly corny and a bit cheesy at times but you could see a ton of potential. If the anime had simply refined the game's storyline rather than trying to reinvent the wheel...
Old 2009-07-19, 07:14   Link #57
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Glad to see I'm not the only one who's disappointed in what the studio and script writers have done. So much potential...

I'd love to see Kyo Ani and their team re-animate this series using the script writers they're so famous in using for this show. It could be Epic...
Give this to director Yasuhiro Takemoto with script writing done by Shoji Gatoh, and you got yourself gorgeously, intensive battles on par with FMP: the Second Raid!

*sigh*
Old 2009-07-19, 07:20   Link #58
Johnny
Working the bags...

Spoiler:
Old 2009-07-19, 08:02   Link #59
Darknemo2000

Manji Midou, i think they will make this scene, but it feel totally random and weird, because it is obvious that saying things like that for anime Welkin would be so totally out of character that it's not even funny.

Welkin in anime is like Shinji Ikari 2, just that Shinji was never so retarded as Welkin is and he was younger than Welkin at that too.

When you think we have only three significant scenes between Welkin and Alicia so far (and we move to the closure).

1- talk on the grass - nice scene but basically a chat between friends, no real romance intimate moments here.

2- Saving from rocks - in the end Welkin is more interested in lizzards anyway.

3-Cabin - totally random episode, and despite that - very typical - Alicia looks with puppy eyes at Welkin tries to make a move but Welkin is a retard so it fails.

Neither of these three give enough development to talk about such closure that Alicia could talk about in episode 16th. It feels like script-writers just imagines that Alicia and Welkin had same relationship as in the game, without even following the mess they themselves created.

I think we will see Isara die and then Welkin snaps (though more realistic would be him running away and hiding since thats what pathetic anime Welkin is about, and then Faldio coming to drag his retarded ass back).
Old 2009-07-19, 14:04   Link #60
rpgkiller999

more like when Isara dies Alicia will comfort Welkin and seal the relationship, in a cheesy way
Closed Thread