AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-05-06, 11:14   Link #721
Rias

For a split 2-cour series, military princess sure got revealed early. However, the story is getting more interesting because of that.

However, minor problem:

Spoiler:
Old 2017-05-06, 11:20   Link #722
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
For a split 2-cour series, military princess sure got revealed early. However, the story is getting more interesting because of that.

However, minor problem:

Spoiler:
Assuming it was a hobby project instead of an official studio, the views merely indicate that people have seen it. I don't think the government could trace the princess to that video with just an image search considering they seemed to have only some shaky bad quality shots of her. They couldn't recognize Yuya or Blitz either.
Old 2017-05-06, 11:31   Link #723
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Assuming it was a hobby project instead of an official studio, the views merely indicate that people have seen it. I don't think the government could trace the princess to that video with just an image search considering they seemed to have only some shaky bad quality shots of her. They couldn't recognize Yuya or Blitz either.
The couldn't recognize the two because they weren't sure who was fighting because of the video quality. The main group could easily piece together that the sword guy would be Yuya because they have met him before, but they couldn't recognize Blitz either. And the group has 3 creators, and Sota who has the True Name Discernment skill from Fate universe , who has been able to name every character he has seen.

That many millions of view on "nicovideo", espeically where there's actually a sketch of her in the same military uniform, should've triggered some flags. I guess they will have to explain that part in the next episode, but if not then I think that's a minor detail error. I mean, the thread on "2ch" has also reached 40 pages, which is also quite a feat for an unknown character.
Old 2017-05-06, 11:39   Link #724
Jimmy C

It's interesting how the episode made exposition so captivating.

Quote:
I am not sure how the special committee, who quickly found out many of the characters' identities, cannot find out anything about her.
Who says the commitee found out the characters' identities before capturing them? They had them for a while before naming everyone.

And number of views doesn't say how many people have viewed it. Though it's probably in the 1-2 million range.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-06, 11:45   Link #725
bakato

Quote:
The couldn't recognize the two because they weren't sure who was fighting because of the video quality. The main group could easily piece together that the sword guy would be Yuya because they have met him before, but they couldn't recognize Blitz either. And the group has 3 creators, and Sota who has the True Name Discernment skill from Fate universe , who has been able to name every character he has seen.

That many millions of view on "nicovideo", espeically where there's actually a sketch of her in the same military uniform, should've triggered some flags. I guess they will have to explain that part in the next episode, but if not then I think that's a minor detail error. I mean, the thread on "2ch" has also reached 40 pages, which is also quite a feat for an unknown character.
If even the gang could only recognize Yuya by his sword and not recognize the old guy with bad video quality, then the government definitely wouldn't be able to identify the princess with said quality.
Old 2017-05-06, 11:50   Link #726
Wandering Soul

I wasn't expecting MUP to have her identity revealed so early. The scene where Souta realizes who she is was only made more creepy by the music.
Old 2017-05-06, 11:53   Link #727
mickbis

Rui Kanoya the "teenager end up become pilot" trope but with a bit brat personality and give zero fuck about fighting. his younger girl preference might end up pair him with a magical girl if we can assume that the main heroin of his story will not appear lol
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-06, 12:02   Link #728
Darthtabby

The government was surprisingly understanding about Meteonera's use of stolen weapons. In fact they were so reasonable and understanding in the later parts of the episode that the raid early on feels like it was just there to add some action.

Mech boy was kind of amusing.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-06, 12:45   Link #729
Spica

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm31138174

Check that one out.

Last edited by Spica; 2017-05-06 at 14:07.
Spica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-06, 12:46   Link #730
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Now I really feel the writing quality of Rei Hiroe starting to shine in this episode. The briefing with the government’s spec-committee helped answers some minor details and logistics and adds new information. I’m glad that the government’s talking heads aren’t dumb or oblivious like many people are afraid off. Lame excuses like Fate’s famous “gas explosions” won’t fly pass these guys. They’re even smart enough to make an “emergency team” that can bypass some procedures to handle the unbelievable phenomena (I guess somebody have watched Godzilla 2016 and learned how crippling, fatal, and deadly the ‘proper’ bureaucracy can be during emergencies).

This government is certainly better than the one in Aldnoah, I can tell you that. They’re not the incompetent people who relied on the command of a teenage highschool student. The adults certainly have the initiative to make the situation better instead of screwing things up (destroying the scriptwriter’s house notwithstanding). This is what we often got in Black Lagoon where mature people sit down together and assess the situation and discuss it like adult before taking action. Yes, it’s still not perfect. There are some holes and conveniences but overall, it’s still well-written for a show that supposed to be aimed at teenagers & YAs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
The government was surprisingly understanding about Meteonera's use of stolen weapons. In fact they were so reasonable and understanding in the later parts of the episode that the raid early on feels like it was just there to add some action.
I guess part of the reason is because they know they have bigger fish to fry and that they're gonna need her help as ally. A couple hundreds of million yen shouldn't be that much of a deal .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
Mech boy was kind of amusing.
He's like Watase Aoba, Shinji Ikari and Heero Yuy rolled into one. He has the easygoing attitude, sense of justice and romantic-vibe of Aoba, he can be a bit of a selfish brat like Shinji, and he has the deadly militaristic martial skill of Heero. That's surely an interesting amalgamation of mecha MCs .
Old 2017-05-06, 13:02   Link #731
_Ninja_

True to character: typical anime MC refusing to try for the hottest girl.

_Ninja_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-06, 13:14   Link #732
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ninja_ View Post
True to character: typical anime MC refusing to try for the hottest girl.
It's not that typical when this mecha-MC outright said that he's more into younger girls and rejected the hot older girl. Many mecha-MCs tend to have a crush on older girls & women and those within the same age .

Oh, and I was right that Rui met MUP first before crashing to the scriptwriter's house .
Old 2017-05-06, 13:18   Link #733
Hmm....

And here I heard people complained about general public and government don't give a damn about this strange events. They sure act fast compare to other series. I do find Japanese government to be so understanding quite surprising too. They even give them residency. I'm not even sure if they should allow them to move on their own. Not that they have a mean to stop them, but still.

I wasn't expecting Rui to be like THAT. Good job on that front. Characters is definitely a strongest point of Re:Creators. They are really good at making stereotypical character not so stereotypical.

Well, at least we have someone else doing an exposition this episode. Poor Meteora, It seem someone break your 20 episodes exposition combo.

Hime is reveal this early is sooner than I was expecting but not that surprising. It is not like this is ever a big mystery anyway. One thing I worry about is that, with Hime being revealed and other girls settling down so soon. I hope they won't spend good chunk of future episodes at sea, osen and amusement park.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotCat View Post
What if they're voiced by the same VA
That would be meta as fuck
Hmm.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-06, 13:21   Link #734
_Ninja_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
It's not that typical when this mecha-MC outright said that he's more into younger girls and rejected the hot older girl. Many mecha-MCs tend to have a crush on older girls & women and those within the same age .
Well I suppose he wasn't going to get any of that anyway.
_Ninja_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-06, 13:40   Link #735
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmm.... View Post
I do find Japanese government to be so understanding quite surprising too. They even give them residency. I'm not even sure if they should allow them to move on their own. Not that they have a mean to stop them, but still.
They're dealing with the unknown here. They would rather have cooperation for information sharing than try the bull in a china shop approach. At least find one side that for now will ally with them to at least take one side off. After that, we'll see what the true intentions are. Hm. Maybe a clue into why certain things are happening earlier than we normally see in shows like this.
pagan poor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-06, 14:00   Link #736
bakato

Pilot boy's pretty fresh. He actually complains about all the crap he's forced to put up with.
Old 2017-05-06, 14:25   Link #737
DemonneoPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagan poor View Post
They're dealing with the unknown here. They would rather have cooperation for information sharing than try the bull in a china shop approach. At least find one side that for now will ally with them to at least take one side off. After that, we'll see what the true intentions are. Hm. Maybe a clue into why certain things are happening earlier than we normally see in shows like this.
It would be more realistic if the government assigned agents to spy every move made by them just in case. I mean, it's indeed weird how easilly they trust these super powerfull beings that came out of nowhere and are able to fight a small army by their own
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-06, 14:29   Link #738
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonneoPT View Post
It would be more realistic if the government assigned agents to spy every move made by them just in case. I mean, it's indeed weird how easilly they trust these super powerfull beings that came out of nowhere and are able to fight a small army by their own
They're likely trying to win over the people that are on their side. I mean, they know from Meteora that Saber's group is trying to destroy the world and Meteora is trying to prevent it, so the smart thing to do is NOT giving the people on your side reasons to turn to the other sides.

It's not a matter of trust, but more of practicality and cautions. There will be monitoring since the goverment is giving them residency, but other than that I don't thinkn the goverment will try anything much.

Of course, there will be someone who get power hungry or grab the Idiot/Villain Ball and fucks things up.
Old 2017-05-06, 14:37   Link #739
Hmm....

If they are indeed trying to monitor them secretly without telling them, that would be interesting. But I refuse to believe that the government would delegate such an important task, like saving the world, to an unknown being.

I agree that the most realistic proposition would be having agents attached to them. There is not much ground for Meteora&co to refuse either. And I hope such agents would be more than a single bureaucrat woman.
Hmm.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-06, 14:38   Link #740
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Pilot boy's pretty fresh. He actually complains about all the crap he's forced to put up with.
Uh, that aspect is not fresh at all. Many Gundam MCs (followed by Evangelion MC & others) have been doing that for years, decades even. It's started from the young Amuro Ray who complained about all the crap that he had to put up with as a Gundam pilot since 1979. And then MCs like Shinji, Ayato, Akito, Kira, Haruto, Bellri, Banagher, Flit, Kio, etc continued that tradition all the way to 2010s and now Rui is one of them too, no exception .

Tags
fantasy, mahou shoujo, mecha, sci-fi, summoning