AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2018-03-04, 14:09   Link #5941
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I loved seeing Vegeta telling off Belmold too.
The way Belmond immediately stood up and looked at Vegeta was pure gold. It was like he was thinking "who the f*** just said that?"

On an unrelated note, I'd like to name Jiren's ultimate attack after the coolest sounding name I've ever heard given to a scientific theory. The visual imagery we saw of Jiren essentially generating a sun while Goku generating a universe was amazing. So having Jiren (the sun) trying to destroy Goku (the universe) by condensing all that energy into a tiny ball makes me want to call it "Heat Death of the Universe".

And last but not least, its nice to see more of us on here starting to really question what can possibly come next after this. Because sure enough, Ultra Instinct is looking just too OP. So have the writers potentially written themselves into a pre-crisis superman sort of dilemma where they've created a hero way too strong? Goku's quickly reaching a point where the only other possible entities that could prove a match for Goku will be the angels.

Who knows? Maybe we'll one day become introduced to a fallen angel among them that'll be the next major antagonist. Or maybe the story writers will come up with a reason why he can't use ultra instinct again? (Not sure how I'd feel about that).
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-04, 14:56   Link #5942
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
The way Belmond immediately stood up and looked at Vegeta was pure gold. It was like he was thinking "who the f*** just said that?"

On an unrelated note, I'd like to name Jiren's ultimate attack after the coolest sounding name I've ever heard given to a scientific theory. The visual imagery we saw of Jiren essentially generating a sun while Goku generating a universe was amazing. So having Jiren (the sun) trying to destroy Goku (the universe) by condensing all that energy into a tiny ball makes me want to call it "Heat Death of the Universe".
Problem is, the Heat Death isn't a death by heat, it's a death OF heat . So sort of the opposite way around, but I get the idea.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-04, 15:09   Link #5943
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@sayde: It's possible that they'll make it so that even though Goku can still use the perfected Ultra Instinct, it's the same as the imperfect one where he can't use it whenever he wants. Either that it'll they'll bring in antagonists that can put up a fight against Goku in mastered Ultra Instinct. And maybe have Goku use Super Saiyan with Ultra Instinct.
Old 2018-03-04, 20:17   Link #5944
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
Problem is, the Heat Death isn't a death by heat, it's a death OF heat . So sort of the opposite way around, but I get the idea.
I got nothing. You're right. dammit. lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
@sayde: It's possible that they'll make it so that even though Goku can still use the perfected Ultra Instinct, it's the same as the imperfect one where he can't use it whenever he wants.
Yeah. It would make sense since they kept making it a point to stress how much more difficult it will be to keep tapping into that form. So as long as Ultra Instinct remains to be something that can only be used by mortals at moments where they're forced to break their limits, then it could work I guess.

I think if it's a choice between ultra instinct remaining that absolute final clutch-time trump card or becoming just another power up he increasingly spams more and more (like SSB & Kaio-ken), I think I'd prefer the former over the latter.

Quote:
Either that it'll they'll bring in antagonists that can put up a fight against Goku in mastered Ultra Instinct. And maybe have Goku use Super Saiyan with Ultra Instinct.
I've no doubt it'll happen eventually. I think what some of us worry about is having such an antagonist not come with plausible reasons for being above what completed ultra instinct can handle. Granted it may be premature to say this but it's looking absolutely unbeatable right now. Time may it's only real weakness. (We'll know for sure in 2 weeks. lol)
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-04, 22:14   Link #5945
SilverGlavenus

Quote:
@sayde: It's possible that they'll make it so that even though Goku can still use the perfected Ultra Instinct, it's the same as the imperfect one where he can't use it whenever he wants. Either that it'll they'll bring in antagonists that can put up a fight against Goku in mastered Ultra Instinct. And maybe have Goku use Super Saiyan with Ultra Instinct.
Do a real cross over with Saitama and we'll see if there is any other form Goku can do.
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-05, 11:12   Link #5946
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
I also don't know how their going to top this and bring in more threats for Goku to beat after this, but I do want to see it. It'd be good if, once the new movie is done with, they've had a chance to think of something good.

@wingdarkness: No training Uub after this? That can still happen. Goku will need to hold back a lot, but that's not really a problem. He can turn his God ki on or off after all. And Super's showing what happened before End of Z, basically, so all of that stuff still happens. Super is probably ending before the events that took place after the time skip after Kid Buu's defeat.

I wonder if Goku can teach Uub how to use God ki. Maybe that's what they'll do if Toriyama decides to continue after the events of End of Z.
Doubt there will be training with Buu since this series is going to end with episode 131. I hope 131 won't keep the fight and instead focus on the finale and how to recover all the disappeared universes. I hope for the next episode, Toei manages to add actual new animation rather than recycling the opening for the third time.

Still, it's a shame this series wasted Goten and Trunks so much like in the original series. In the Buu arc, Toriyama only created the fusion to create comic relief but it was pushing it considering the really dark tone of the arc. Even Gohan managed to fight against the villains when he was about 6 years old.
Old 2018-03-05, 11:27   Link #5947
Sixth
Hu Tao

Remember when SSG and SSB looks good at their 1st appearance?

So yeah, Mastered UI will be less impressive over time. Won't be surprised if the next arc enemy has UI as baseline in their stat.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-05, 13:16   Link #5948
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Remember when SSG and SSB looks good at their 1st appearance?
I sure don't. Their debut were nowhere as impressive as UI and Mastered UI were. UI brought back the excitement felt when the first SSJ transformations debuted in DBZ. The music alone gets you hyped as hell.
Old 2018-03-05, 15:17   Link #5949
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah.

@Mad Perriot: I'm not necessarily saying we'll see Goku train Uub in Super (and I was never talking about Buu to begin with; you do remember who Uub is, don't you?). I'm saying that Goku training him won't be retconned or anything. It still happens at the time of End of Z, whether we see it in Super or not. [Please note that I'm referring to Goku leaving with Uub to train in him the manga, in the final chapter (or was it the Epilogue? Don't remember exactly).]

I'm also thinking it's possible that Goku could train to be able to get into Ultra Instinct and perfected Ultra Instinct whenever he wants. If Whis can train him to do that. And if so, then we'll also maybe get antagonists that can counter or maybe even use Ultra Instinct themselves. If that happens, Goku will have to combine it with Super Saiyan and/or push it to its limits. Maybe will get Ultra Instinct level 2 or something.
Old 2018-03-05, 17:44   Link #5950
Blueknight78

while i do feel the battle was epic and all i'm still on my early" comments about goku ultra instinct being a "bad move" from aikira, now things gonna really get weird and now the bs will only grow in dragon ball, since now goku already passed the "gods territory" and is on the angels one, the power levels become really screwed and gonna be hard for them to pull a "good" story without looking totally bs crap, i'm still feeling weird by how "suddenly stamina stopped to be issue out of nowhere for the rule of "cool".

Now we finally found why the serie is called "super" is to our childshi almight god can scream "super super"!!!, lol, well goin to the batttle while the animation was top note like all the budget of the whole serie was stored for this last episodes excluding some "re used scenes", well it's dragon ball in the end and just empty your head and have fun.
Old 2018-03-05, 19:31   Link #5951
Galaxian

Quote:
I sure don't. Their debut were nowhere as impressive as UI and Mastered UI were. UI brought back the excitement felt when the first SSJ transformations debuted in DBZ. The music alone gets you hyped as hell.
I agree. Personally I never liked SSG, the best part of BoG was when he went back to regular SSJ, and, since it was achieved off-screen, SSB's reveal lacked a lot of its impact, it certainly wasn't another SS3 reveal.

I would actually be completely on board with Mastered UI if it only had the SSJ style hair.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-05, 19:35   Link #5952
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Well, the first SSG can shake and destroy the world/universe 7 just with a punch impact...but now?
Old 2018-03-05, 19:53   Link #5953
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
It also helps that Goku's actress doesn't yell a lot while they decided to put the instrumental version. I think the singer is actually in his 70s.
Old 2018-03-06, 03:27   Link #5954
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Sixth: It was causing destructive shockwaves because Goku was clashing with a God of Destruction (Beerus may have been holding back by a huge margin at the time, but he's still a God of Destruction). Don't you remember the explanation about that? They also gave it in the anime.
Old 2018-03-06, 06:59   Link #5955
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
@Sixth: It was causing destructive shockwaves because Goku was clashing with a God of Destruction (Beerus may have been holding back by a huge margin at the time, but he's still a God of Destruction). Don't you remember the explanation about that? They also gave it in the anime.
Sigh. You forgot SSG needs same power output or enough strength to neutralized Beerus's attack or causing shockwaves thru the whole universe. If SSG Goku attack is weaker than Beerus..Beerus's attack will overpowered SSG Goku and destroyed Goku in the process.

Regardless of what you think, SSG looks damn powerful and unstoppable in its first debut.
Old 2018-03-06, 08:41   Link #5956
vietthai96
The Saiyan God

Quote:
Sigh. You forgot SSG needs same power output or enough strength to neutralized Beerus's attack or causing shockwaves thru the whole universe. If SSG Goku attack is weaker than Beerus..Beerus's attack will overpowered SSG Goku and destroyed Goku in the process.
And you forgot that Beerus just need to keep his ki level around SSG Goku.
Old 2018-03-06, 11:25   Link #5957
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by vietthai96 View Post
And you forgot that Beerus just need to keep his ki level around SSG Goku.
Good to know that SSG level is powerful enough to destroy the whole universe 7 just by having a contact.
Old 2018-03-06, 12:58   Link #5958
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Well, the first SSG can shake and destroy the world/universe 7 just with a punch impact...but now?
I thought you were talking about the transformations themselves, not how powerful they were. Going by the feats in BoG arc, then yeah, SSG was impressive, but the transformation itself sucked. Saiyans held hands around Goku and bam, his hair turned red and he became skinny. As for SSB, it was anticlimactic as hell.
Old 2018-03-06, 16:31   Link #5959
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Dunno, SSG was pretty awesome in the movie. I was never convinced by SSB though, I just didn't like that sort of "digital" appearance of the transformation, it didn't make sense to me, didn't mesh with all the rest of the SSJ aesthetic.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-06, 16:34   Link #5960
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Sixth: You do realize that Beerus wasn't even using 10% of his power when he fought SSG Goku? But yeah, as Kanon said, he's talking about the impact that the initial transformation itself had. And that and SSB's one lacked significant impact. True Ultra Instinct's one has more impact.

Tags
action, dragon ball z, shounen, super powers, tragedy