AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-08-10, 07:37   Link #6481
4th Dimension

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
the whole issues happen because Ken trying to put multiple timeline in the end of Negima
More likely, Ken made a MESS out of the end with the entire at that point pointless Asuna sleep bit and then using a get out of jail deus ex machina to make that entire 11th hour grim darkness be utterly negated.

Up to that point there has been 0 indications Asuna would need to leave her friends and as such there would have been 0 need for additional time travel shenanigans.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-11, 05:22   Link #6482
Shippuu
┐(-。ー')┌

I was under the impression that UQ Holder IS the Negima timeline.
It is the Negima happy ending that got shoved into a new timeline, as if Ken wanted it out of the way for his new pet story.

The whole thing is a mess anyway. Asuna didn't have to go to sleep so early considering they beat Ialda in only five years, while the Magic world would last another 10 or so without Asuna. They didn't know that of course, but it's still frustrating.

And what happens in the happy end timeline where there are two Asunas? And what happens in the Holder timeline when Asuna wakes up and leaves? The royal family dies out?

The chapter was nice enough, but the monthly pacing continues to hurt it. That really wasn't worth the wait at all.

Last edited by Shippuu; 2018-08-11 at 08:32.
Shippuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-11, 12:45   Link #6483
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Kirie~

NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Kuromaru won?

Goddamnit
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-11, 13:20   Link #6484
4th Dimension

Well if we are doing pactios, that doesn't matter much vis a vis how Touta feels. He is emotionally younger than Negi was.

Is there a clearer image of the pactio card than the one in the manga?

Old 2018-08-11, 18:13   Link #6485
silenceblade

Touta said he wanted to be like Negi not in battle but in accomplishment. I highly doubt he can become like Negi. Touta resemble Nagi much more than Negi and it can be stated they are complete opposite. Many stated that Nagi was only good at fighting and no one could beat him in destroying things. Negi best quality was his intellect which existed even when he was reduced to a beast (his intellect and power of darkness made him a legend).
silenceblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-11, 21:59   Link #6486
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
Is there a clearer image of the pactio card than the one in the manga?
part of vol#14 bundle

https://www.facebook.com/17198363549...5067268119771/
Old 2018-08-12, 04:28   Link #6487
4th Dimension

So..
Number 11 based on his UQ Holder number.

Gladiarium neutrale - Neutral (neuter) swordsman?

Viritus: Temperantia - Virtue Temperance

Directio: oriens - Direction: East - I guess based on him using Eastern/Japanese shenanigans rather than western magic.

Sign: URANUS?

Old 2018-08-12, 04:43   Link #6488
Sixth
Hu Tao

Oh man...I really hate the series like UQ Holder and Boruto. In order for the new generation aka the new main character to shine, all the works and belief that the previous main character had accomplished must be trampled or it has a big flaw because why not?

They should have written a completely new story that using the previous magic/power system instead of a continuation or sequel of that series. It would be much better.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-12, 09:57   Link #6489
eiyuuou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Oh man...I really hate the series like UQ Holder and Boruto. In order for the new generation aka the new main character to shine, all the works and belief that the previous main character had accomplished must be trampled or it has a big flaw because why not?

They should have written a completely new story that using the previous magic/power system instead of a continuation or sequel of that series. It would be much better.
Spoiler:

how were Negi's accomplishments trampled?
Old 2018-08-12, 11:50   Link #6490
silenceblade

I disagree with the part that Negi was trampled by the Mage of the Beginning. What makes the MotB truly dangerous is that nothing can kill her but the white of mars. From what I have seen Negi put up a decent fight against her even though the MotB's powers is connected to the universe entire population.
silenceblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-12, 12:00   Link #6491
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiyuuou View Post
Spoiler:

how were Negi's accomplishments trampled?
Spoiler for How I feel:
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-13, 03:56   Link #6492
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenceblade View Post
Touta said he wanted to be like Negi not in battle but in accomplishment.
Negi's accomplishment: lots of pactios. Bit of an uphill battle for Touta, oddly enough.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-13, 08:32   Link #6493
Ultragunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Spoiler for How I feel:
well to be fair, Negi's current status has already been built up in Negima aka Nagi and Filius (Nagi's master)

Yeah, people will say "then don't bring up Negima's stuff then!". but if I has never read Negima before, I wouldn't be bothered about it, right?

I will stop now, just don't want to reignite the heated discussion about how much Ken messed up with his story (Negima + UQ)

Personally, I am just happy that we get to see more of the world that Ken created.

IMO Touta has had as much development as Negi (if not more), and dare I say a better protagonist? (don't @ me ).
While Nagi and Negi, despite all of their great achievement, they only managed to postpone the inevitable, but Touta may be able to find a different path, or at least I hope so
Old 2018-08-13, 09:39   Link #6494
4th Dimension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
IMO Touta has had as much development as Negi (if not more), and dare I say a better protagonist? (don't @ me ).
While Nagi and Negi, despite all of their great achievement, they only managed to postpone the inevitable, but Touta may be able to find a different path, or at least I hope so
When you make such statements...

I'll just say this. Negi making a plan for how to solve a complicated issue was at least believable because he was always portrayed as a smart kid and an intellectual. The kind of guy who always has some kind of plan.

Touta on the other hand has so far fallen WAAAY short of that, and has been playing HARD the dumb shonen protagonist that just charges into action with no plan at all.
So for him to solve something even Negi couldn't...well...would be utter BS IMHO.

Old 2018-08-13, 15:27   Link #6495
Ultragunner

^ that was my point, I’d say Touta is no longer the dumb shounen protagonist like he was in the beginning, and trust me such type of MC makes me yawn like nothing (that was why I could never enjoy Dragon Ball S more than I should have).
Old 2018-08-14, 07:44   Link #6496
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
When you make such statements...

I'll just say this. Negi making a plan for how to solve a complicated issue was at least believable because he was always portrayed as a smart kid and an intellectual. The kind of guy who always has some kind of plan.

Touta on the other hand has so far fallen WAAAY short of that, and has been playing HARD the dumb shonen protagonist that just charges into action with no plan at all.
So for him to solve something even Negi couldn't...well...would be utter BS IMHO.

Touta is classic shonen protagonist, which by no means is NOT synonym of dumb. Touta is plenty of smart on street level and he has allies who can handle more complicated issues.

To beat MoB you need both smart and strenght. Negi lacked later and that's why he failed. Touta has strenght Negi lacked and access to Negi smarts he left behind. Or to be exact he IS produch of Negi smarts. Touta having power but lacking in brain area (compared to Negi, not in general) is at least far more believable then super genius fighter prince magus Negi were.

So yes Touta is better protagonist and while it's not something I adressed in this post I do agree he got more development then his grandfather as well.
Old 2018-08-14, 11:45   Link #6497
Ulin

Anyway... I don't understand why people say that Touta is dumb and Negi is smart... is not as we actually see Negi doing intelligent things we are told he is intelligent, but in the end he wins his battles as any other shounen mc. And he is one of the fastests powering up I remember (he becomes a martial artists in what, a freaking month or something? lol )
Ulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-14, 12:48   Link #6498
4th Dimension

Except that the entire crisis with the Mars is solved because he is smart enough to figure out a solution that didn't even occur to the creator of the place itself which prompted the use of CosmoE's plan.

Old 2018-08-15, 14:20   Link #6499
eiyuuou

I'm not sure why people dispute Negi's intelligence?
He learned his 9 spells while under 9, which makes him a prodigy by default
graduated magic school at the age of 9
He developed his trump cards to match rakan the unkillable cockroach
Found a solution to convince Fate to avoid Bad End 1 world crisis
all these done in like what ... within 2 years?
Old 2018-08-16, 01:16   Link #6500
Dargor
Welp

Negi was fine and rather refreshing as a protagonist for the better half of Negima once the Kyoto arc got started. Unfortunately all of that wound up collapsing in on itself by the time MM arc hit, which is basically where he as a character and having a semi-functioning group dynamic went down the toilet. In short, early Negi was fine, but late Negi is basically Touta with a different personality.

And now, back to lurking.
Dargor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, mother-con, negima, sequel, time travel, waiting for love