AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2018-08-09, 10:39   Link #1201
John117xCortana

Someone noted that Ride was pretty much becoming the IBO version of Anavel Gato from UC.
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-09, 19:55   Link #1202
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
Does it matter? They got to the top riding Rustal if you benefit from a corrupt system I don't really rate feeling bad about it all that highly. Especially since it seems all the Reforms are Rustal idea anyway.
Oh, I don't rate it highly either. I'm just saying that Gali & Juli's empathy and sympathy are better than Rustal at the end of IBO. That would make them a better leader material for the little people than Rustal because there will be at least a shred of heart in the government instead of pure iron-fist.

As for the reforms, we don't know from whom it originated, but it's clear that at least half of the reasons it happened was because the political situation called for it after the SS families debacle and most of their heirs being dead.
Old 2018-08-09, 21:41   Link #1203
Skaddix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Oh, I don't rate it highly either. I'm just saying that Gali & Juli's empathy and sympathy are better than Rustal at the end of IBO. That would make them a better leader material for the little people than Rustal because there will be at least a shred of heart in the government instead of pure iron-fist.

As for the reforms, we don't know from whom it originated, but it's clear that at least half of the reasons it happened was because the political situation called for it after the SS families debacle and most of their heirs being dead.
Ugh don't remind I never understood the total lack of heirs for most of the families not even accounting for advancements in medicine that should have made it trivially easy to pump out heirs from marriages of convivence.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-09, 21:53   Link #1204
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
Ugh don't remind I never understood the total lack of heirs for most of the families not even accounting for advancements in medicine that should have made it trivially easy to pump out heirs from marriages of convivence.
That is indeed weird. If there's any reason to it, it can't be medical (unless all that medical advanced treatments actually drove them closer to sterility). Other than that, the lack of heirs must come from personal decisions. Maybe family pride, rules and stuff. The SS don't seem to view adoption in a good light either since the only one who did it is the Pedo-Fareed Sr. which kinda looked down upon by the other families.
Old 2018-08-09, 22:02   Link #1205
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Maybe the others caught a terminal case of Iok-level stupidity and also got themselves killed.
Old 2018-08-15, 15:09   Link #1206
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Given the medieval themes of some of parts of IBO like Gjallahorn structure, their culture and the focus on melee and armor on mobile suit, I suspect it’s supposed to “thematically” be in the spirit of succession crisis of old medieval kingdoms, where the positions of king or leader can easily switch between houses due to not having heirs and then the current leader dying expectedly which can result in power struggles. That said I agree that it doesn’t make technical sense from a technological background perspective.

My random rationalization hypothesis would be that Ahab Waves might be affecting normal fertility rates but given the high availability of orphaned slaves in the Outer Sphere, I guess it’s unlikely that there’s a fertility issue.

So yeah, weird culture thing sounds about right and it wouldn’t be the first time we encounter one in Gjallahorn. There doesn’t seem to be much in the way of “extended” Seven Star families that we know off either so this may have gone way back too.
Old 2018-10-07, 15:23   Link #1207
Skye629

Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-09, 03:50   Link #1208
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

I’m actually having a hard time analyzing that picture. What is it?

The colors are like doing weird things to my brain. Is it Barbatos? Barbatos-like? New Gundam?
Old 2018-10-09, 13:41   Link #1209
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Its the new central Gundam Frame being advertised for the continuation. It's not the Barbatos, because its appearance doesn't match up at all with the images of the actual Barbatos we got before this one.

Also I don't know why Skye linked to a thumbnail. https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-mxHF22-EK...m-barbatos.jpg
Old 2018-10-10, 04:49   Link #1210
Skaddix

Meh when do we get real sequel info?
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-22, 02:30   Link #1211
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

So...there's gonna be some announcement on January 6th? And now the dubbing process for a certain PV is done?

https://twitter.com/mkaz0310/status/...371219456?s=19
Old 2018-12-22, 11:21   Link #1212
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I'll bet the announcement will be "New Iron Blooded Orphans project for October 2019, special preview in June 2019".
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-26, 09:25   Link #1213
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Calling it now, Ride and his group will find a random Gundam somewhere and they’ll be the lead pilot-main Gundam pair.
Old 2019-01-01, 17:30   Link #1214
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

New Man-Rodi?

Old 2019-01-06, 05:07   Link #1215
AHT

AHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-06, 05:50   Link #1216
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Edit: Okay, it's an anime. But it's an anime that's exclusive to a phone app. What would you even call that? OAA (Original App Animation)?

Last edited by Tokkan; 2019-01-06 at 09:21.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-06, 10:00   Link #1217
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ That is why we shouldn't quick to draw conclusions before the "fact" is double checked & confirmed.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

As for me, I still don't know what we'll actually get from this.
Old 2019-01-06, 10:00   Link #1218
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

PV for Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans Urs Hunt -

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summary translation from Reddit
PD 323

Gjallarhorn's political insertion into the Arbrau Senate has escalated to even involve mobile suit deployment and engagement. Mars's Tekkadan was responsible for bringing this state to conclusion.

In the Venutian colony of Radnetza a boy named Vistario Afram has also started hearing about Tekkadan's achievements. Venus which had lost in the resource race with Mars, is now merely a forgotten planet no longer interesting to the four major economic powers back on Earth. The citizens don't even own IDs, and the land is overrun with criminals from all around. As if to answer Vistatio's desire to change this hellish situation a young girl appears claiming to be the guide/pilot of the 'Urs Hunt'

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-06, 10:12   Link #1219
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Vistario Afram? So they make the MC looks like Akatsuki just to troll the fans?
Old 2019-01-06, 10:41   Link #1220
Ernietheracefan

IBO is Aria The Prologue all along..?!

While comparing Tamayura with Aria is more like comparing Vividred with SW.
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote