AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2004-06-18, 08:00   Link #141
_Riku_

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
True, but today's the highlight of the group stage:

Italy - Sweden

With Totti being suspended for being a disgrace to modern football and showing us everything that's rotten with it, Italy is at a disadvantage against self-confident but still cool-headed Sweden. Christian "Chippen" [The Chip] Wilhelmsson will start the match on the right midfield, while ordinary right winger Mikael Nilsson is taking the field as a right back just as he did against Bulgaria when Teddy Lukic had to be substituted because of an injury. A very offensive team, the only more offensive choice would have been exchanging Tobias Linderoth for Kim Källström, but why would you want that? Two former Elfsborg players (Anders Svensson and Tobias Linderoth) on the central midfield, what could possibly go wrong?

Italy 1 - 2 Sweden are my hopeful predictions, but it will probably in most likelyhood end in a draw.

Ah well, HEJA SVERIGE FRISKT HUMÖR, DET ÄR DET SOM SUSEN GÖR! HEJA HEJA HEJA!
haha... don't think that they understood the last part

but I think that Sweden will win with 3-1
Italy is going down :P
_Riku_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-18, 16:32   Link #142
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
1 - 1 between Italy and Sweden, and...

Zlatan Ibrahimovic's goal was quite possibly one of the most beautiful I have ever seen, even more so than Henke Larsson's versus Bulgaria. Pure will and pure talent combined.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-18, 16:40   Link #143
_Riku_

ZLATAN 4 LIFE!!!!!!

HE'S THE MAN... FROM MY CITY................

Damn that guy........he's so damn goood
Old 2004-06-18, 16:41   Link #144
Sis-con Boya

OH MY GOOOOOOOD !!!!

DID YOU SEE THIS MATCH ??

This was the most beautiful match so far. Bravo Sweden! Bravo Italy!

Ibrahmovic's goal was so unbelievable, I still can't believe it. A reversed roundhouse of some kind.

like wow....

can't speak
Sis-con Boya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-18, 16:47   Link #145
srb
I can see time itself!

Jumping up and heeling it in... Just beautiful. I've seen other heel goals before, but none as beautiful as this.
Old 2004-06-18, 16:54   Link #146
_Riku_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sis-con Boya
OH MY GOOOOOOOD !!!!

DID YOU SEE THIS MATCH ??

This was the most beautiful match so far. Bravo Sweden! Bravo Italy!

Ibrahmovic's goal was so unbelievable, I still can't believe it. A reversed roundhouse of some kind.

like wow....

can't speak

belive me... he has always been like that... I remmember 4 years ago
and the team he played in "Malmö FF" they had gone down from "allsvenskan"(top division) to the superettan.... and then he came.. and he made stuff like that....he came with new things all the time.... and people here in malmö started to get back the soccer intrest.... and he took them back to the Allsvenskan after 1 sesion..

and I think that we should give Isacson alot credit to.. he was fantastic

Last edited by _Riku_; 2004-06-18 at 17:17.
Old 2004-06-18, 17:40   Link #147
Sis-con Boya

Yep, beautiful goal

The whole match was incredible. The Italians showed an unbelievable change of tatics. Instead of going their standard "Catenaccio" they were almost constantly attacking. Del Piero was great again, finally reborn after not-so-succesful seson. He was Del Piero from two years ago when Inter devastated Real Madrid in Champions L.

I'm actually happy that Sweden is so strong, after all they beat us in the preliminaries and afterwards some of them were actually scared to come to a friendly match to Poland, afraid ( as far as I know especially of T. Hajto ) that Poles out of revenge would mercilesly foul them to death None of this actually happened, and I feel better about the Polish team not going to Portugal now. On a side note many Poles now cheer for Sweden
Sis-con Boya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-18, 21:59   Link #148
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Nice results in that group. Just a question here. Is there any Scandanavian rivalry in matters of football pride between the Swedes and the Danes?

Would be a fun match to watch then
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-18, 22:00   Link #149
_Riku_

yup........
Old 2004-06-19, 01:54   Link #150
Scrumhalf
Ed & Winry? :O

Send a message via MSN to Scrumhalf

The Euro 2004 Football Championships.

Latvia v Germany preview
by Mark Kendall - Last Updated 18 Jun 2004

Germany face Latvia on Saturday knowing that nothing less than a win will suffice if they are to realistically progress from Group D.

The Germans were somewhat unfortunate not to emerge from their opening game against fierce rivals Holland with a win after leading for much of the encounter.

The match ended 1-1 courtesy of Ruud van Nistelrooy's late leveller, meaning that Rudi Voller now knows that three points are imperative against outsiders Latvia.

As a result, the Germany boss is expected to employ a more attacking formation than the one with which he started against Holland, where Kevin Kuranyi played as a lone striker.

Fredi Bobic, who came on as a late substitute against Holland, looks set to get the nod to start, although Bayern Munich youngster Bastian Schweinsteiger could force his way into contention after producing a fine substitute cameo against the Dutch.

Defensive midfielder Frank Baumann is favourite to make way to accommodate a more attacking player.

Latvia came away with great credit from their game with Czech Republic after nearly producing a huge shock.

Alexander Starkovs's men led 1-0 deep into the second half before finally succumbing to two late goals.

The Latvia chief is unlikely to make many changes after his side's impressive display, although he has hinted that Southampton's Marian Pahars - who came off the bench against the Czechs - will have a more prominent role to play.

Pahars looks likely to start in place of Aleksanders Prohorenkovs, while midfielder Juris Laizans is also pressing to break into the starting line-up.

http://www.euro2004.com/

http://www.football365.com/

http://www.soccernet.com/
Scrumhalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-19, 01:55   Link #151
Scrumhalf
Ed & Winry? :O

Send a message via MSN to Scrumhalf

The Euro 2004 Football Championships.

Czech Republic v Holland preview
by Alex Livie - Last Updated 18 Jun 2004

Holland go into their game with Czech Republic on Saturday knowing they must put up an improved display compared to their lacklustre effort against Germany.

Only Ruud van Nistelrooy's late goal saved the Oranje from defeat against their fierce rivals, but it did not gloss over the fact that the Dutch were disappointing.

Advocaat has much to consider, with the Dutch public pushing for the coach to start with flying winger Arjen Robben.

The Netherlands public would love to see Robben let loose on the Czechs, but Advocaat is not sure he has fully recovered from his hamstring injury.

"Is he 100 percent fit?" Advocaat said of Robben. "He has been out for weeks, and he's looking like it in training."

Van Nistelrooy worked tirelessly up front against Germany but lacked support and Advocaat must be considering who should play in midfield to give the Manchester United marksman some help.

Pierre van Hooijdonk changed the game when thrown on, as his physical presence unsettled the Germans, but Advocaat may well leave the giant Fenerbahce striker on the bench, along with Patrick Kluivert.

"I cannot say whether I'll select the side that played well in the second half against Germany because I have to take the whole match into account," Advocaat said. "The team didn't get better because of the substitutions but because they showed more guts."

Edgar Davids was withdrawn at half time but is likely to keep his place, while Clarence Seedorf is pressing for a recall after returning to fitness.

Holland were forced to reach Euro 2004 via the play-offs after being pipped in qualification by Karel Bruckner's Czechs and it is likely to be tough again for the Oranje on Saturday.

The Czechs failed to impress in beating Group D minnows Latvia, but Bruckner is unlikely to make drastic changes to his side, although Rene Bolf is doubtful with a knee complaint.

Ajax defender Zdenek Grygera has been unwell, but the team's medical team are confident about him being fit to face Holland.

Bruckner's side have been training in secret, which has raised interest levels in the game, and there is likely to be a tense atmosphere in Aveiro.

http://www.euro2004.com/

http://www.football365.com/

http://www.soccernet.com/
Scrumhalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-19, 04:00   Link #152
Blaat

The entire Sweden-Italy was very entertaining, the Swedish goal wasn't deserved though Italy was clearly better through out the entire match.

BTW what's so special about Swedish goal? It was pretty average....

Prediction for today's matches:

Latvia-Germany 0-2
Netherlands-Czech Republic 2-1
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-19, 06:37   Link #153
srb
I can see time itself!

Pretty average? Last season in La Primera Liga I saw perhaps 2-3 heel goals total, and all of them from the ground.

And we did deserve the goal, we went on the offensive while Trap changed to a defensive mentality, we proved once again that you can't win in football by protecting a weak lead.

Also, you might as well say that Cassano's goal wasn't anything special - the Swedish defence screwed up and lost the mark on him. Not exactly a wonder goal.
Old 2004-06-19, 06:53   Link #154
Blaat

It was just an header. No one ever said it was special :\

Sweden did not deserve that goal, Italy was better throughout the majority of the match and that's a fact that no one can deny. Italy deserved the three points more then Sweden.

Oh well blaat.
Looking forward to tomorrow's matches, the third rival match:
Portugal-Spain, it better be entertaining.
Old 2004-06-19, 06:57   Link #155
srb
I can see time itself!

Since when do you head with your heel?

And Italy may have deserved three points - until they started playing on the defensive and Sweden substituted Erik Edman (left back) for Marcus Allbäck (center forward) and went to a 3-4-3, while Trap went down to a 4-4-2 and then a 4-5-1 - and he has lost leads like that before. Sweden deserved the point.
Old 2004-06-19, 08:01   Link #156
_Riku_

the goal was a beauty...... but.. okey...

Italy was better
but.....
Italy went defensive ..... and it never works.... so we could've made atleast 3 goals in the end... but that was because they went def
Old 2004-06-19, 10:13   Link #157
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

It doesn't matter which team "deserved" to have scored a goal.

Cause at the end of the day, it only matters who has scored more.

That's the game of football, as someone once said, "The ball is round."
It doesn't really matter how skilled you are, the results mirror life as it is, "unfair" as it can be.
To me, a fair result is one that awards the game to the side that displayed greater determination to win (of course they must display some competant skills as well). But the results don't always go that way either.

When you think about it, this "unfair" nature is what actually attracts us to the game It gives us something to cheer, something to rant but keeps us going waiting for the next result of our team.
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-19, 13:49   Link #158
Bracken33

Germany vs Latvia 0:0

Absolutely no fun to watch.

I fear our team will come home early .
Beating the Czechs with a performance like this will be very unlikely.
Bracken33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-19, 16:59   Link #159
Mcdonalds

Wow, the czech republic and the netherlands match was great. The best match in this tournament so far by a long shot. 35 shots! and most of them were on target too, not like all those normal crappy pot shots that go way wide/high/straight at the goalie at 2mph. Great game, great saves and very good attacking play. The pace of the game too was soo fast, end to end stuff. If you missed out on this match, then you definitely should go and cry if you're a footie fan because it was so brilliant.
Mcdonalds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-19, 17:25   Link #160
Blaat

srb I thought you were talking about Italy's goal, not the Swedish one. Oh well I'm in no mood continueing the discussions.

Mcdonalds words on Czech Republic - Netherlands is correct. Fantastic match...

Tags
football, soccer