AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Durarara!!

Notices

Old 2010-02-21, 14:34   Link #1
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Durarara!! - Voice Actor Appreciation & Discussion

The purpose of this thread is to discuss, critique and idolize the Voice Actor cast of Durarara!!. Please remember that the discussion should center on their performances as professional voice actors and not on the show content (which can be discussed in the various Episode threads). Please remember this simple rule when critiquing a VA's performance or reading another forum member's critique:
  • Don't take it personally.
    In other words, you’re free to disagree with another person’s opinion, but don’t flame them if they offer a well written and well thought out analysis that differs from your own opinion. Keep it civil.

• Voice Actors are human.
    Yes, it’s true. They’re human. Therefore, don’t just indiscriminately rip them and their work apart as if they’re inorganic objects. You don’t have to praise them non-stop, but be thoughtful in your criticism.
This thread might duplicate some discussion in the Episode threads, but it can also serve to demystify various VA roles, disseminate VA information (VA Bios, VA photos, etc) and provide cast information of various types as well as discussion about performances.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 20:49   Link #2
BanishingBook

Koizumi-kun(Daisuke Ono) sure is different as Heiwajima-san eh? <3
BanishingBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 18:34   Link #3
Bea Rabbit
Stained Member
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanishingBook View Post
Koizumi-kun(Daisuke Ono) sure is different as Heiwajima-san eh? <3
Shizuo Heiwajima-san have a 'quite' personality. and I think Daisuke Ono succeed it
Bea Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 06:46   Link #4
xKeen

The kid shinra has a cute shota voice...especially when shizuo grabs his wrist and he sound like he was having a...

Credits to Pellissier~
xKeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-25, 07:59   Link #5
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKeen View Post
The kid shinra has a cute shota voice...especially when shizuo grabs his wrist and he sound like he was having a...

He was voiced by Aoi Yuki.

About Shizuo, Daisuke Ono reminds a bit of Keiji Fujiwara in this role especially when he gets pissed off, which fits perfectly.
Old 2010-02-25, 10:34   Link #6
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

It just goes to show that it would have been interesting to hear Keiji Fujiwara voice Shizuo.
Old 2010-02-25, 10:56   Link #7
Kagura89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
It just goes to show that it would have been interesting to hear Keiji Fujiwara voice Shizuo.
Speaking of Keiji Fujiwara,isn't he voicing Kinnosuke Kuzuhara whom we haven't meet yet until now
Kagura89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-26, 22:24   Link #8
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagura89 View Post
Speaking of Keiji Fujiwara,isn't he voicing Kinnosuke Kuzuhara whom we haven't meet yet until now
Yeah I was going to mention that. Been waiting forever to hear him in this show but no such luck so far. Hopefully his role is a decently important one.

Anyways, overall this show has an excellent cast. Izaya's definitely my favorite Hiroshi Kamiya role I've seen. And Mamoru Miyano also continues to amaze as Kida.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-26, 22:44   Link #9
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Izaya's definitely my favorite Hiroshi Kamiya role I've seen.
In all seriousness, Izaya is basically Kamiyan. Their... Idk, charm? Enigmaticness? Do-S-ness? is comparable! Seriously I don't think I'm the only one who has been thinking like this!

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-27, 04:38   Link #10
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
In all seriousness, Izaya is basically Kamiyan. Their... Idk, charm? Enigmaticness? Do-S-ness? is comparable! Seriously I don't think I'm the only one who has been thinking like this!
Izaya is personally not my favorite Kamiyan role, though saying that i can easily see where you're coming from.
Old 2010-02-27, 06:02   Link #11
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Izaya is personally not my favorite Kamiyan role, though saying that i can easily see where you're coming from.
Heh, I'm actually pretty partial with Kamiyan with this one. (i.e: Not too much favouriting his voice acting... yet C'mon Shiro, you know I love Kamiyan in his Queen of Ice mode and KYAH CUTE/STUTTER mode~! This time he is really close to his DGS radio counterpart in a way imo) As far as who fit the character the most though, it's definitely him.

My credits in Durarara!! goes to Miyano, definitely. He is just... Pure crack despite my love-hate to him at this moment Not to mention he is over-acting, fitting for Kida this time. *crosses finger on no more angsting pulisu*

... Although Kamiyan's Izaya would go into my favourite if he start sulking. Oh, what twitter is trying to do with me...

Last edited by Natsuki Hyuga; 2010-02-27 at 06:21. Reason: Oops I stuttered :o
Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-27, 06:12   Link #12
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Like i said, i can understand why you'd think such things.

He easily has one of the best roles so far in this show, and yeah Miyano is just pretty lol.
Old 2010-02-27, 13:21   Link #13
Kirarakim

Quote:
I prefer Kamiyan's quiet roles like Natsume & Takemoto but I am really impressed with the number of different types of characters he plays.

Anyways this character (and seiyuu) profile is so helpful

http://hashihime.atspace.com/etc/dhurarara/charsei.html

Also I will say Miyano's voice work of Kida is my favorite in Drrr but then Kida is my favorite character so I am not sure how much that is affecting my opinion.
Old 2010-03-29, 04:49   Link #14
xAlicex

i realise 3 of the durarara seiyuus voice for characters in pandora hearts;D like hanazawa kana voiced anri and sharon. ono daisuke voiced shizuo and jack.jun fukuyama voiced shinra and vincent. LOL random fact;D
xAlicex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 08:18   Link #15
sorahamaji

Quote:
Originally Posted by xAlicex View Post
i realise 3 of the durarara seiyuus voice for characters in pandora hearts;D like hanazawa kana voiced anri and sharon. ono daisuke voiced shizuo and jack.jun fukuyama voiced shinra and vincent. LOL random fact;D
izaya, mairu, shizuo, ruri and shinra seiyuus are also going to be in the new anime working :3

another random fact 8D alot of durarara voice actors x__X
sorahamaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-17, 14:10   Link #16
Pwnagerr
Knightmare

Whoa. Jun Fukuyama as Shinra sounds so different from Lelouch. I have no idea how he switched his voice from deep to...a higher one. It's such a cute voice though, playful.

Izaya's voice is definitely my favorite. IDK, I have a thing for voices like that.
Pwnagerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-17, 19:41   Link #17
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnagerr View Post
Whoa. Jun Fukuyama as Shinra sounds so different from Lelouch. I have no idea how he switched his voice from deep to...a higher one. It's such a cute voice though, playful.
Shinra is a lot closer to his normal voice. He was actually told to go as deep as he could for Lelouch, and well, the rest is history.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2010-04-17 at 20:03.
karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-17, 19:49   Link #18
jorez
but the kid is not my son

Send a message via MSN to jorez
It's not a surprise coming from Fukuyama. He voiced Luka after all, in Macross Frontier. I love all the voices, but wished that Haruka Tomatsu's character had more screentime. Everything fits so well. Fujikei already appeared... I already knew Ono and Kamiya skills, so they were no surprise after all.

Mikado's voice is awful, though. It fits him, but I don't really like it. Isn't Hanazawa Kana doing a lot of roles this year?

jorez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 13:44   Link #19
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorez View Post
Isn't Hanazawa Kana doing a lot of roles this year?
Yes, but still not enough if you ask me

I listen to the Duraraji radio show every week just for her. Her and Toyonaga Toshiyuki seem to get along quite well. Kiken...kiken...(<- love this)
Old 2010-08-06, 22:25   Link #20
Dark Paladin X

Since three of the characters in Durarara!! has been confirmed at Otakon (shown bolded), I might as well try and guess who would voice the other characters. Too bad that Yuri Lowenthal isn't voicing Mikado (and really can't think of alternatives).
  • Mikado Ryugamine: Darrel Guilbeau
  • Masaomi Kida: Greg Cipes
  • Anri Sonohara: Stephanie Sheh
  • Izaya Orihara: Johnny Yong Bosch
  • Shizuo Heiwajima: Crispin Freeman
  • Simon Brezhnev: Jamieson Price
  • Tom Tanaka: Steve Blum
  • Celty Sturluson: Kari Wahlgren
  • Erika Karisawa: Lara Jill Miller
  • Walker Yumasaki: Derek Stephen Prince
  • Kyohei Kadota: Brian Donovan
  • Shinra Kishitani: Dave Wittenberg or Vic Mignogna