AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-03-14, 09:02   Link #2281
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
Eh... dunno how much truth there is to this:

http://i.imgur.com/xjXdX.png
Don't care if it is true.

Because it would mean they literally shipped an incomplete game. That is unethical. Any free dlc later would still be something that should have been part of the game. This is something you don't leave the customers to discover on their own; it is something you have to prepare them for. I say it's a fake, as they are clearly too lazy to do this. If they can do it, they would be able to afford animating Tali's face.
Old 2012-03-14, 09:19   Link #2282
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Meh , the quest with Kasumi is bugged.. & i couldn't finish 1 side quest at Citadel cuz of

Spoiler for MQ:
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 09:27   Link #2283
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post

Because it would mean they literally shipped an incomplete game. That is unethical.
We are talking about EA here. EA, Activision and Ubisoft will do whatever they can for get more money... well, in fact, any company since that is their point of business. But after the day one DLC I can expect anything from them.
Linkark07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 09:41   Link #2284
pirs
Yuki.N is love~

Quote:

Hoping this is true. Would love to play as a Batarian or Geth.
Old 2012-03-14, 09:50   Link #2285
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Blizzard cancels the loved event Blizzcon and delays Diablo's release all for minor polishes. We raged. But now I think BW just proved on 2 fronts the shit on reputation could happen if Blizz did rush them both...
Old 2012-03-14, 10:08   Link #2286
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Blizzard cancels the loved event Blizzcon and delays Diablo's release all for minor polishes. We raged. But now I think BW just proved on 2 fronts the shit on reputation could happen if Blizz did rush them both...
See, the thing is, many game companies have rushed releases in the past. I just don't think I have ever heard of one that decided the final ending was the one thing they should cut corners on.
Old 2012-03-14, 10:10   Link #2287
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
The anti-synthetic argument of the story is so racist that it is insane.
It's actually interesting to notice that the harder to achieve ending - what some people would characterize as the "true" ending, by such standards - is the more Renegade and, like you put, racist one, eh?

I'd like to see the reasoning behind this.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 10:29   Link #2288
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
The producer seems to keep contradicting himself

I didn’t want the game to be forgettable, and even right down to the sort of polarizing reaction that the ends have had with people–debating what the endings mean and what’s going to happen next, and what situation are the characters left in.

That to me is part of what’s exciting about this story. There has always been a little bit of mystery there and a little bit of interpretation, and it’s a story that people can talk about after the fact.

Your right, it's not going to be forgettable because even if you add in more DLC down the road people will remember how you dropped the ball on the ending. And when you make more games people won't forget this either.

Especially with this

is not even in any way like the traditional game endings, where you can say how many endings there are or whether you got ending A, B, or C."

He's clearly never played Chrono Trigger.

Then there's this

It’s very important to us and we will always listen to feedback, interpret it and try and do the right thing by our fans. That’s why if you look at Mass Effect 2 we knew that people wanted to spend more time with a character like Liara, and so we created an ongoing storyline with her as part of the comics and then built it into the DLC stuff, and we’re always listening to fans.

We have some really great multiplayer content and some really great single-player content coming over the air, and their feedback will become part of how we design that.

So if a large portion of the fans are unhappy with the ending does that mean he's going to change it?

Talk about a hypocrite.

BTW I'm hearing news on the net that shops like Gamestop are getting tons of used copies of ME3.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 10:45   Link #2289
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
It's actually interesting to notice that the harder to achieve ending - what some people would characterize as the "true" ending, by such standards - is the more Renegade and, like you put, racist one, eh?

I'd like to see the reasoning behind this.
That just reminded me of how Marvel Comics tried to have a balanced portrayal of the two sides in the Civil War plot-line, but utterly failed.

The game assumes that we hate robots. Seriously, that's what it boils down to. The final ending is written for those who want the geth dead. And even the Synthesis ending is entirely morally wrong.
Spoiler for synthesis ending:
That's NOT the actions of a sane Shepard!

The Reaper's entire logic is flawed. All of it. It is the creation of a low grade computer program I wouldn't feel fit to make my morning tea. The fact that the writing staff actually thought it was acceptable, tells us all we need to know; they are not capable of writing a better ending. The original writer for ME 1 and 2 have already left, so I guess that's to be expected.

EDIT: There is a source claiming that the original script was like TTGL mixed with Madoka; The Reapers were trying to prevent Dark Energy from destroying the world. But it seems instead they changed it to blame robots instead.
Now we KNOW this game is going to fail in Japan, even more than usual. Robo-phobia doesn't fly in the land of the rising sun.

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2012-03-14 at 10:56.
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 13:02   Link #2290
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:

Pretty sure the endings are the same ones as in the script leak, so yeah, that's bullshit.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 14:33   Link #2291
killer3000ad

I like the variations in the endings, namely the colour swap. /sarc
Old 2012-03-14, 17:34   Link #2292
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:

Because it would mean they literally shipped an incomplete game. That is unethical. Any free dlc later would still be something that should have been part of the game. This is something you don't leave the customers to discover on their own; it is something you have to prepare them for. I say it's a fake, as they are clearly too lazy to do this. If they can do it, they would be able to afford animating Tali's face.
If it's free, it's not about ethics. It's about bad decisions, to ship the game incomplete and finish the ending later.

Remember, Bethesda released Fallout 3 with a terrible ending, and that was the intended ending. The fans reacted negatively with far less fervor than ME fans are reacting now, and Bethesda released a paid DLC to fix the ending (Broken Steel).

I was annoyed, sure, but I bought it anyway (well, I bought the combo pack on Steam after I had already purchased FO3 on disc). Broken Steel, taken on its own, was worth what I paid for it. I'm annoyed that it wasn't free, but since I bought FO3 GOTY edition for $20 on a Steam sale I'm not overly concerned.
Old 2012-03-14, 18:50   Link #2293
Alchemist007
*Author

Here's...something: http://www.reddit.com/r/masseffect/c...itely_hinting/
Old 2012-03-14, 19:25   Link #2294
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
I fail to see how that's any kind of good news.

If they were serious about having a direct continuation, they should have hinted it properly and had something more substantial. None of this silent treatment. It is NOT right to sell a game with no ending, and even worse is to hold it back indefinitely while customers rage.

By the time they released something, there would have been many ME3 games returned to game stores as 2nd hand goods.

What it boils down to, is that the game company wants the customers to tolerate being sold an incomplete product for no reason at all. While keeping all the customer money. I call that fraud.
Old 2012-03-14, 19:32   Link #2295
Who

http://images.4chan.org/vg/src/1331755907427.jpg

Funny but accurate. (Spoilers for anyone who didn't see the ending of this game)
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 19:33   Link #2296
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer3000ad View Post

I like the variations in the endings, namely the colour swap. /sarc
lol agree 100%!!!!

the ending is almost worst then the new FF game

it seems this is gonna be a new trend, releasing a half finished game for full price then forcing players to buy the rest of it as DLC
Old 2012-03-14, 19:43   Link #2297
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

That video is pretty amusing.

Seems like they kind of went for a FreeSpace ending and missed the boat.

Also what is this Indoctrinate theory ending?

On the plus I could get the game pretty cheap used since the local store has a number of copies returned now haha.

If they do release an ending DLC it better be free or people will aslpload
Old 2012-03-14, 19:45   Link #2298
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Also what is this Indoctrinate theory ending?
The "it's all an illusion" ending. As in, the ending is so illogical that the only way it could have occurred is if it is all fake. Which means Bioware shipping an incomplete game and charged full price.
Old 2012-03-14, 20:01   Link #2299
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

I see, that would be immensely lame and quite troll worthy. Unless they are in a groundhog day sort of loop, and this supposed future DLC is breaking free heh.
Old 2012-03-14, 23:08   Link #2300
Xion Valkyrie

Indoctrination theory confirmed?

Spoiler:

Edit: Apparently it's a shop T-T

Last edited by Xion Valkyrie; 2012-03-15 at 01:15.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
effect, games, mass