AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise > Total Eclipse

Notices

Old 2012-07-22, 18:30   Link #1161
Jerseykid

They needed to explain that part better. He goes for a walk and suddenly he is in a top secret soviet base heh
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 18:47   Link #1162
PonSquared
A Very Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerklein View Post
I think lat least we will meet BETA again at late half of series .
I for one can not wait till the BETA kill of the second cast -1. Then we can meet the third cast!
PonSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 18:50   Link #1163
bigdeath

Yui is epic levels of bitch. Someone please slap her. Or tell her shes cute when shes angry (that could be worst than slapping her though).

To me though, the show is just being real. Plenty of racists and nationalist in armies.
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 18:50   Link #1164
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagecat View Post
I for one can not wait till the BETA kill of the second cast -1. Then we can meet the third cast!
Then, we should hope this TE is success, and they will bring main story of trilogy to anime and we will have a lot of cute BETA do BETA's cute things there (chomp chomp + guro every where) .
Old 2012-07-22, 18:55   Link #1165
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeath View Post
Yui is epic levels of bitch. Someone please slap her. Or tell her shes cute when shes angry (that could be worst than slapping her though).

To me though, the show is just being real. Plenty of racists and nationalist in armies.
Yui is a bitch and Yuuya is an ass. It's obvious that these two are meant to solve each other problems lol.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 19:24   Link #1166
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

The second episode has perfectly highlighted the consequences of chronic constipation... Definitely these kids could use some laxatives, but I guess they are in shortage in their universe.

Also Alaska seems really warm and shiny in the TE-universe, particularly the second fact made the BETA look very crappy, at least in the prequel it was dark and there was a lot of censoring

On the upside, the japanese hatred restored some semblance of seriousness, however simplistic and childish it was presented.
AmeNoJaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 19:58   Link #1167
Azure King
Snr Spammer

just finish epi 4

what the hell happen to the series? the first two was quite good then from epi 3+ its like someone else took over as director, then hack'n slash ... and i had high hopes for this series too

At first i thought the plot was about brutal war with the beta, but now its like a slice of life as a trainee...
Azure King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 20:08   Link #1168
YF19EX

They got 20+ eps to build this out. I am sure there will be more than enough blood and suffering down the road. A little character building is always good for a series. And I think the pacing is just fine.
YF19EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 20:09   Link #1169
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure King View Post
just finish epi 4

what the hell happen to the series? the first two was quite good then from epi 3+ its like someone else took over as director, then hack'n slash ... and i had high hopes for this series too

At first i thought the plot was about brutal war with the beta, but now its like a slice of life as a trainee...
Spoiler for Comparisons between Anime Eps. 1-3 and light novels:

Seriously, what is it with people jumping to conclusions about what this series "is" or "isn't"? After Ep. 1 everyone was whining about how unrealistic it was to have teenaged girls as trainees and how boring it was to have a series focused on said girls. After Ep. 2 everyone was whining about how unrealistic the military tactics used by said inexperienced trainees in battle were. After Ep. 3 everyone started whining about how an episode went by without half the named cast being eaten by BETA. The only thing that changes from episode to episode is WHY people complain that this series sucks, but there's sure as heck no shortage of people declaring that they know exactly what this series "is" or "isn't" and that it's obviously ruined FOREVER from whatever mental image they had of the show or the franchise or both.
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 20:14   Link #1170
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeath View Post

What do you mean Yui is bitch? All her speaks are true, because Yuuya only against human TSF in training, he may a Topgun in training but a noob in BETA-war, and he just blame to machine, while Yui is lone survivor in battle of Kyoto even still in training. That why I named him: "Cherry boy".

And the later part is true, World will unite to against alien is just a dream.
Old 2012-07-22, 20:23   Link #1171
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
What do you mean Yui is bitch? All her speaks are true, because Yuuya only against human TSF in training, he may a Topgun in training but a noob in BETA-war, and he just blame to machine, while Yui is lone survivor in battle of Kyoto even still in training. That why I named him: "Cherry boy".
Yui was protected by a massive amount of plot armor. She was saved in the end by another country's mecha (was it American by chance?) who crashed in at the very very last moment to save her. If Yui continues to act like this, the solution to end her misery is "friendly fire".

These guys are test pilots. They are testing a machine using a computer simulation. If the machine can not easily be flown by other countries, then what good is it? You're not suppose to get into the mind of the other country's designer to fly the thing. It should be intuitive.
Old 2012-07-22, 20:25   Link #1172
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Yui was protected by a massive amount of plot armor. She saved in the end by another country's mecha (was it American by chance?) who crashed in at the very very last moment to save her.
No, that mech is Type-00 Takemikazuchi, Japanese Imperial Honour Guard unit, more detail, it is blue ones that mean is used by member of Five Royal Houses (maybe Yuuhi by chance). America TSF has no melee ability like Japanese TSF due they forcus on TSF vs TSF, not TSF vs BETA.

And that kind of "plot armor" is also in reall world, was saved at last seconds. But the plot armor is mean being stab throught the body, stuck in explosived mech v.v... but still alive and rampage like nothing happened.

Last edited by Panzerklein; 2012-07-22 at 20:40.
Panzerklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 20:28   Link #1173
Miraluka
Banned

The nationalism in ML series is so absurd that is quite laughable . If Yui is so proud she should at least learn some lessons from coughIkarugacough.
Also regarding tsf wasn't her ass saved by advanced Shiranui-type and Takemikazuchi-type? She should take some shooting lessons before...

Meanwhile Yuuya...

Yuuya: I have mastered piloting Raptor, etc, etc.... and here, the first thing I get s some shitty Fubuki...orz.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 20:41   Link #1174
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
The nationalism in ML series is so absurd that is quite laughable . If Yui is so proud she should at least learn some lessons from coughIkarugacough.
Also regarding tsf wasn't her ass saved by advanced Shiranui-type and Takemikazuchi-type? She should take some shooting lessons before...

Meanwhile Yuuya...

Yuuya: I have mastered piloting Raptor, etc, etc.... and here, the first thing I get s some shitty Fubuki...orz.
That is a blue Takemikazuchi. BTW, Yui missed is not mean her aiming skill is suck, maybe she in panic, all panicked soldier has a lot of miss shots even if they're maskrmen.
Old 2012-07-22, 20:45   Link #1175
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Yui and Yuuya should have a deal: They should have a mock battle, him in a Japanese TSF and her in an American one, and the loser will shut the frag up about the weaknesses of the machine. They're both towering idiots: Yuuya prosing on about the TSF's design when the problem is obviously his lack of familiarity with it (and lack of training in the kind of tactics that the thing is designed for, as his own friend explicitly explained to him, just so that he has no excuse for whining) makes him sound like a low-grade moron, while Yui's "You're an embarrassment to Imperial Japan" makes her sound like a dim-bulb provincial who...pretty much embodies everything the Soviet interrogator was saying about the Japanese, actually. He is being an embarrassment...to America. You know, his actual nation?
He's not an embarrassment to America. He held his temper nicely when she ignored the fact that he is an American first. *Pats Yuuya on the back for that one.* I would have kicked her ass for that one.

His problem is that he has been conditioned to hate part of his heritage and now has to make peace with it just to pilot a plane. Kind of a stupid set up when you think about it imo.

Quote:
That is a blue Takemikazuchi. BTW, Yui missed is not mean her aiming skill is suck, maybe she in panic, all panicked soldier has a lot of miss shots even if they're maskrmen.
Her friend became lunch and felt the first few bites all thanks to Yui.
Old 2012-07-22, 20:45   Link #1176
LystAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure King View Post
just finish epi 4

Well, if I were to describe Muv Luv in general; the universe consists of periods of surfing slice-of-life, light drama and comedy that puts you at ease, with sudden stabs by a poisoned dagger straight into your gut that is NOM NOM and DESPAIR.
LystAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 20:53   Link #1177
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
He's not an embarrassment to America. He held his temper nicely when she ignored the fact that he is an American first. *Pats Yuuya on the back for that one.* I would have kicked her ass for that one.

His problem is that he has been conditioned to hate part of his heritage and now has to make peace with it just to pilot a plane. Kind of a stupid set up when you think about it imo.

Her friend became lunch and felt the first few bites all thanks to Yui.
I think one major reason is that he's never piloted a Japanese TSF before. The way it moves and the control sensitivity is completely different than what he's used to.

Its kind of like how players play an FPS. You reach a point where you don't rely on the crosshair anymore, because you instinctively know exactly how fast you need to move the mouse to get on target. Only in Yuuya's case, its like going from sensitivity 4.0 to 8.0.
Old 2012-07-22, 20:59   Link #1178
Miraluka
Banned

I agree with Orion there, if he allowed to be humilliated then he really would be an embarrasment. Quite surprised he didn't slaped her and go stay-in-the-kitchen .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 21:08   Link #1179
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

"The soap operas of these so-called 'humans' are most amusing. I need to torrent this shit on my PC fast."
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 21:18   Link #1180
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I agree with Orion there, if he allowed to be humilliated then he really would be an embarrasment. Quite surprised he didn't slaped her and go stay-in-the-kitchen .
Assault superior office may bring you to death penalty .

Tags
action, aliens, mecha, romance, science fiction, seinen