Another great episode.
Lots of action too.
Can't wait for next one!

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 05:43   Link #102
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

It's a bit disappointing that after all that not a single character has been killed. Then again, I suppose that'll make later episodes all that more brutal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomzx View Post
The DEEN Anime seriously missed a load of detail on how broken of a human he was, and how tormenting it is having that nature.
To be fair, that was only truly revelaed in Heaven's Feel. But this is off topic btw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Did anyone else find Kirei's running animation at the amusing? It was totally Team Rocket style.
Lol yeah, that was pretty funny. XD
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 06:33   Link #103
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
It's a bit disappointing that after all that not a single character has been killed. Then again, I suppose that'll make later episodes all that more brutal.

Agreed. Although I was actually pretty happy that Irisviel didn't die like that. Just seemed so freaking sad and cruel.

I guess we can also cross Kayneth off the list as well, I mean he's pretty much screwed. I guess the proper thing to do is to give his command seal to another representative, maybe his wife?
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 08:28   Link #104
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
the development for Kotomine was amazing. he's devoted his entire existence to fighting someone exactly like him. cold, calculated, and uncaring. but he doesn't know that emiya changed, and i can't wait to see how he reacts when he realizes that.
Kind of, but not exactly. Kotomine does seem to realise Kiritsugu somehow changed, that's precisely why he's so adamant about meeting him in the first place. He believes finding the reason behind said change might provide him with a solution to his own dilemma, so it's not like he wants to meet Kiritsugu solely to take solace in finding a kindred soul. However, as seen in this episode, Kotomine is unable to bring himself to believe that Kiritsugu could have actually changed what Kotomine believes to be their fundamental nature. So even though on one hand he seems to want to know how people like them can change, he also refuses to accept the possibility that Kiritsugu has changed to the extent of having people like Irisviel and Maiya believe in him and fight for him. Which is why he was trying so hard to question them and convince himself that they were only following orders rather than their personal convictions. Because if the one who is supposed to be like him, Kiritsugu, has become one who can be understood and loved by others, then Kotomine has become an even more solitary existence. All this without having even met the guy in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
I especially liked the fight between Archibald and Emiya, actually it was a bit of a buzzkill when Lancer showed up to be honest. I wonder if there will be any conflict between Saber and Kiritsugu regarding her decision to let him save Archibald.
Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing how Kiritsugu deals with Saber next episode after how she screwed up his kill in this battle. Maybe it's time for the Master to start making use of them Command Spells in order to keep the Servant's inconvenient knightly and chivalrous tendencies in check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boduar View Post
He has one shot he knows is going to penetrate his opponents defense and all he gets versus a standing still target was a shoulder wound ... I realize its all just a setup so he can use his other cool special bullet but would really make a lot more sense if he actually hit a critical on the stationary target instead of just using it to get a wound + bait. Guess he should spend more time practicing how to aim his firearms instead of just spraying + praying.
And develop some X-ray vision while he's at it, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Did anyone else find Kirei's running animation at the amusing? It was totally Team Rocket style.
Heh, that scared me for a second, since I figured it was a sign the animation quality had finally caught up to ufotable and Kotomine's fight was going to be the one to pay for it, so to speak. Thankfully it was only that initial running animation, since everything afterwards looked as slick as usual. I guess the running animation was the price to pay for Saber and Lancer's super special awesomely animated tag team attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marik View Post
I didn't understand something in the preview of episode 8. Rider said: "my master was nearly killed"

What's going on? What is he talking about? I didn't see anybody threatening his master.
For all we know, that line might take place at the end of the next episode, so there's plenty of time for Waver-kun to get nearly killed. Though I'm thinking the line might be comedic in nature and it was put in the preview to fool the viewers. You never know with the Rider team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragna92 View Post
Kotomine GENERIC in FSN? you mad bro?
That's how you tell someone has only watched the anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
I guess we can also cross Kayneth off the list as well, I mean he's pretty much screwed. I guess the proper thing to do is to give his command seal to another representative, maybe his wife?
Maybe since he should no longer be able to make use of his magic circuits, Kayneth will take up marksmanship in order to get back at Kiritsugu?
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 08:36   Link #105
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

from my interpretation i see Kotomine, Kirei as curious to why Emiya, Kiritsugu is now a good person and having a good life and have 2 sexy woman lol

Kiritsugu is a top class hitman like Kirei is, so his probably having question on how Kiritsugu change his fate and im not gonna be surprise if some element of jealousy will arise from Kirei too
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 08:47   Link #106
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by jix View Post
from my interpretation i see Kotomine, Kirei as curious to why Emiya, Kiritsugu is now a good person and having a good life and have 2 sexy woman lol

Kiritsugu is a top class hitman like Kirei is, so his probably having question on how Kiritsugu change his fate and im not gonna be surprise if some element of jealousy will arise from Kirei too
I doubt jealousy even begins to accurately describe the extent to which Kiritsugu's existence troubles Kotomine. It's a lot more complex than that.

And let's not forget that Kotomine himself has been married. As mentioned in the very first episode, his wife died three years prior to the war, just before he begun preparing for it. That might also be a valuable hint as to Kotomine's overall state of mind here and why he's such a fearless and dangerous opponent.
Old 2011-11-20, 09:10   Link #107
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
I doubt jealousy even begins to accurately describe the extent to which Kiritsugu's existence troubles Kotomine. It's a lot more complex than that.

And let's not forget that Kotomine himself has been married. As mentioned in the very first episode, his wife died three years prior to the war, just before he begun preparing for it. That might also be a valuable hint as to Kotomine's overall state of mind here and why he's such a fearless and dangerous opponent.
how come i forget or miss that lol, well ill still go for some jealousy growing from Kirei because it was said that Kirei has no wish for the holy grail anyway, its must be the first time that he see someone like him (and thats Kiritsugu) that have a better life than he has now, i mean Kiritsugu has a reason for the holy grail war than him that just going along with the flow of the war
Old 2011-11-20, 09:12   Link #108
klare

was thinking "Iris better not die here" then here comes Avalon

i dont quite understand Kiritsugu's "origin" bullets, hope they explain more later

so Kirei is actually lonely and he thought Kiritsugu should be similar like him? he suppose to be married before but he cant understand love...
Old 2011-11-20, 09:29   Link #109
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
i dont quite understand Kiritsugu's "origin" bullets, hope they explain more later
that origin magic concept was explained well on Kara no Kyoukai movies but i forgot which movie it is though
Old 2011-11-20, 09:38   Link #110
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I was thinking the same thing, although I would say I am more surprised than disappointed. Eight episodes in and not a single master nor servant has been defeated, even a minor character like Maiya survived... weird. I thought Kayneth was a goner for sure after Kiritsugu fried his magic circuits, but nope, even he was saved at the last minute. The way each of the three battles that took place in this episode ended with the enemies fleeing was very anticlimactic. Kotomine's pure awesomeness made up for it though. People who have only watched the Fate anime can finally realize how powerful he truly is.
Old 2011-11-20, 09:41   Link #111
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jix View Post
that origin magic concept was explained well on Kara no Kyoukai movies but i forgot which movie it is though
Best to watch the entire series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I was thinking the same thing, although I would say I am more surprised than disappointed. Eight episodes in and not a single master nor servant has been defeated, even a minor character like Maiya survived... weird. I thought Kayneth was a goner for sure after Kiritsugu fried his magic circuits, but nope, even he was saved at the last minute. The way each of the three battles that took place in this episode ended with the enemies fleeing was very anticlimactic. Kotomine's pure awesomeness made up for it though. People who have only watched the Fate anime can finally realize how powerful he truly is.
I wish someone died cause I can't imagine how horribly brutal it's going to be when they die. Either brutally violent, brutally tragic or brutally Urobuchi-ic.
Old 2011-11-20, 10:53   Link #112
giorno

Quote:
Agreed. Although I was actually pretty happy that Irisviel didn't die like that. Just seemed so freaking sad and cruel.
Kirei really didn't have any other choice there: either stab irisviel(and he took care to not give her a direct fatal wound, so that she could be saved), or face saber and get killed...
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 11:12   Link #113
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
Kirei really didn't have any other choice there: either stab irisviel(and he took care to not give her a direct fatal wound, so that she could be saved), or face saber and get killed...
He could have just knocked her out or something. That was mean.

Just because you don't have a harem doesn't mean you have to hate on someone else's!
Old 2011-11-20, 11:15   Link #114
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post

Maybe since he should no longer be able to make use of his magic circuits, Kayneth will take up marksmanship in order to get back at Kiritsugu?
Isn't his nervous system fried too? He should be a veggie right? I heard his voice in the preview so I'm assuming he can still speak but the rest of him should be pretty much a wet matchstick.

Quote:
I realized that afterwards, but it didnt stop me to close my eyes when he silenced her as she screamed, gushing out blood. It was a very well done scene...I felt her pain. I guess for magus, stabbing an organ or two is meaningless as long as u can heal it with magic.

Anyway, after watching episode 7 and 8 again, it makes me realize how brutal and serious the 4th war is compared to the 5th one. The 5th one is like child's play, the masters are either incompetent or too naive. Holy Grail is meant to be the be all and end all battle, you'd think it would be more desperate and more serious since no one got the grail in the last war. Saber must feel like she's stuck with a bunch of useless kids in FSN after all that professional planning and execution with the Eiznburns/Kiritsugu in Zero. The only one who really kept his game up is Kirei, even Tohsaka is too nice to be a good master (she jeopardized her chances because of Shirou).
Is there some sort of story element to this? Did the mage association screw up within the 10 years?
Old 2011-11-20, 11:15   Link #115
Xagzan

Oh man, my blood went cold for a minute there when Iri got stabbed. That was painful to watch. I don't expect her to survive FZ either, but I was glad she didn't go out this early.

And is it just me, or does she kind of slyly hint to Maiya that she knows her feelings for Kiritsugu? The way she said "We cannot let him get to Kiritsugu, no matter what. Is that what you're thinking?" and "the human heart, it's so strange, isn't it?" kind of gave off those vibes.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 11:22   Link #116
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
He could have just knocked her out or something. That was mean.
It's... war?

Quote:
Just because you don't have a harem doesn't mean you have to hate on someone else's!
Sure you do. In fact, that's pretty much mandatory!

Quote:
Is there some sort of story element to this? Did the mage association screw up within the 10 years?
Why would the Mage Association have anything to do with it? They don't choose the Masters.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 11:26   Link #117
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post

Why would the Mage Association have anything to do with it? They don't choose the Masters.
That's true but if I was a part of the Mage Association I'd contact the people who were chosen to be masters and try to get some incentive. Set up some kind of deal and help him out and win the war and stuff like that. It seems like in the 4th war all the big boys are involved, but in the 5th one they're just ignoring it.even though it's like the biggest thing ever in the magic world.
Old 2011-11-20, 11:32   Link #118
Kaiba

Quote:
That's true but if I was a part of the Mage Association I'd contact the people who were chosen to be masters and try to get some incentive. Set up some kind of deal and help him out and win the war and stuff like that. It seems like in the 4th war all the big boys are involved, but in the 5th one they're just ignoring it.even though it's like the biggest thing ever in the magic world.
Well, there were supposed to be two mages from the Mage Association who were to fight in the 5th war, just things didn't go according to plan.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 11:36   Link #119
hero147

Didn't the 5th Holy Grail War come too early or something? And that's why the participants were unprepared?
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 11:39   Link #120
Vicious108

The 4th Holy Grail War happened when it was supposed to, so all the professional magi had all the time in the world to prepare for it. Not the case with the 5th one, since a new war taking place just 10 years after the previous one was something normally unthinkable and totally unprecedented. It made sense for its war to have been the way it was.

That's probably about as much as can and should be said here, since F/SN related discussions aren't really encouraged in these episode discussion topics. If you want to talk about those freely, then you should move on to this topic.