Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-30, 03:56   Link #2081
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBakaChanx View Post
I thought he used the photo he taken for university exam?
The reason I asked is because when I got my driver's license I had to take the picture on the spot and I can't use one of my choosing. Then again I'm not Japanese so who knows.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 04:30   Link #2082
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

According to this thing I read, the time from Tsuki and Hana was only two months, so he might have gotten his licence already?
Old 2012-11-03, 02:11   Link #2083
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

C.E guy had his review and detailed summary up. For those not wanting to be spoiled don't click.
http://cetranslation.blogspot.ca/201...onogatari.html

Shame he missed the trigonometry pun between Ononoki and her masters. This guy actually ranked tsuki really high. But I think imo it was one of the weaker books mostly because of the lame jokes and the bath scene with Tsukihi. It would've been weaker if its not part of the final season. Different tastes for sure.
ultimate_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 04:07   Link #2084
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate_noob View Post
Shame he missed the trigonometry pun between Ononoki and her masters. This guy actually ranked tsuki really high. But I think imo it was one of the weaker books mostly because of the lame jokes and the bath scene with Tsukihi. It would've been weaker if its not part of the final season. Different tastes for sure.
I find it weak because it was short There could have been at least one subplot going. Perhaps at the end there was supposed to be the rendezvous with Hanekawa, but it was cut because it would have made the end too long.

Anyway, it seems there is a "no kaii narrator" rule, so obviously the narrator couldn't be Ononoki.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 03:53   Link #2085
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
Anyway, it seems there is a "no kaii narrator" rule, so obviously the narrator couldn't be Ononoki.
In this book or the entire series? Because Black Hanekawa has narrated before, even if Araragi as a vampire doesn't count...
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 10:37   Link #2086
Shikijin

My ratings for the volumes in the series so far:

-Nekomonogatari Black
Very intense and deep. It just drags a bit in the beginning.

-Kizumonogatari
Very deep, and also the one with the most action.

-Onimonogatari
Funny yet with a bittersweet ending, plus you can't go wrong with Araragi shenanigans.

-Otorimonogatari
This book is interesting for the psychology of Nadeko, and it also has a good plot twist. Bonus points for the memorable preview at the end of the book.

-Nekomonogatari White
This book is interesting for the psychology of Tsubasa. It also seems to have a good connection with unspecified events, which should lead to some cool moments in the future.

-Nisemonogatari 2
Crazy. It drags a lot, but it is also deep in its own way.

-Koimonogatari
A solid book, full of bittersweet atmosphere.

-Nisemonogatari 1
I like how it featured all the main cast, something that was never replicated. Also Kaiki was one villain charismatic in not being charismatic.

-Bakemonogatari 2
-Bakemonogatari 1
The anime is magic, but in the books these are just introductive volumes, so they rank pretty low.

-Tsukimonogatari
Built around a simple idea, but raise some interesting points. Ononoki makes the book, but unfortunately there is not much else.

-Hanamonogatari
The story is solid and it has its deep parts, it's just that Kanbaru is unexpectedly too gloomy as a narrator. As an anime it should work fine though.

-Kabukimonogatari
Built around a simple idea, but it drags. I fear that it will be seriously condensed in the anime.
Old 2012-12-23, 09:08   Link #2087
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

In a recent interview Nisio mentioned that they are aiming for an April release of Ougi Dark.
Old 2012-12-30, 16:14   Link #2088
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

So...as an anime only watcher, I was wondering if any LN reader could check if I'm wrong or right on the following:
  • Hitagi loves Koyomi. Koyomi loves Hitagi.
  • Hanekawa loves Koyomi. Koyomi respects Hanekawa but doesn't love her.
  • Kanbaru respects Koyomi but loves Hitagi. Koyomi sees Kanbaru only as a friend.
  • Moyoi views Koyomi as a close friend. Koyomi feels more at ease confiding in Mayoi than with anyone else...also loves harassing her as a greeting.
  • Nadeko is yandere for Koyomi. Koyomi just sees Nadeko as a friend.
  • The Araragi sisters have a bit of a thing for their brother, even going as far as picking boyfriends that are similar to him. Koyomi feels nothing but brotherly love for his sisters.
  • Shinobu...I dunno man...it's complicated...someone explain please xD

I really don't mind being spoiled at all (I know more or less the skeleton of each volume up until Hitagi End, just not any details).

Thank you in advanced.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-31, 02:20   Link #2089
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
So...as an anime only watcher, I was wondering if any LN reader could check if I'm wrong or right on the following:
  • Kanbaru respects Koyomi but loves Hitagi. Koyomi sees Kanbaru only as a friend.
  • Moyoi views Koyomi as a close friend. Koyomi feels more at ease confiding in Mayoi than with anyone else...also loves harassing her as a greeting.
  • The Araragi sisters have a bit of a thing for their brother, even going as far as picking boyfriends that are similar to him. Koyomi feels nothing but brotherly love for his sisters.

I really don't mind being spoiled at all (I know more or less the skeleton of each volume up until Hitagi End, just not any details).

Thank you in advanced.
Yeah, you pretty much got everything right. Shinobu loves Araragi it can't get any simpler than that. I think Mayoi loves Araragi too seeing the ending scene in Oni but it could have only been just a kiss between friends.
Old 2012-12-31, 05:44   Link #2090
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Yeah, you pretty much got everything right. Shinobu loves Araragi it can't get any simpler than that. I think Mayoi loves Araragi too seeing the ending scene in Oni but it could have only been just a kiss between friends.
I thought Shinobu's was more complicated than that considering their past and all, but I guess I was jut looking too much into it.
Thank you very much ^^
Old 2012-12-31, 05:59   Link #2091
Shikijin

Quote:
It needs to be said that Hitagi appears to be kinky in the sac, and she is hinted to be bisexual. She also admitted being a fathercon.
Quote:
Araragi has loved Hanekawa, things just didn't work out between them. In the end he loves Senjougahara more, but it's not like he doesn't feel anything for Hanekawa.
Quote:
A friend of his girlfriend, and his junior. And Kanbaru in the end warmed up to Araragi.
Quote:
He said to be the happiest when talking with Hachikuji.
Quote:
A friend of his sister Tsukihi. It must be noted that Araragi at a certain point pretends attraction for younger characters so that the reader can have fun.

Sengoku admitted her love for Araragi was just a crush, and she was probably just imitating Tsukihi's affection for her older brother. Even though she decided to kill Araragi, she became annoyed at fighting him when he tried to visit her everyday, and sometimes she even pretended to be away.
Quote:
Araragi is once caught daydreaming of marrying Karen if she wasn't his sister.
Quote:
She is the one Araragi would want to have beside when dying on the battlefield.

Basically, all girls in one way or the other love Araragi. The only ones he ever considered seriously were Hanekawa and Senjougahara though. The ones most important for his life have been Kissshot who gave him the will to live, Hanekawa who taught him how to love, and Senjougahara who inspired him to think of his future.
Old 2012-12-31, 07:06   Link #2092
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
It needs to be said that Hitagi appears to be kinky in the sac, and she is hinted to be bisexual. She also admitted being a fathercon.
Araragi has loved Hanekawa, things just didn't work out between them. In the end he loves Senjougahara more, but it's not like he doesn't feel anything for Hanekawa.
A friend of his girlfriend, and his junior. And Kanbaru in the end warmed up to Araragi.
He said to be the happiest when talking with Hachikuji.
A friend of his sister Tsukihi. It must be noted that Araragi at a certain point pretends attraction for younger characters so that the reader can have fun.

Sengoku admitted her love for Araragi was just a crush, and she was probably just imitating Tsukihi's affection for her older brother. Even though she decided to kill Araragi, she became annoyed at fighting him when he tried to visit her everyday, and sometimes she even pretended to be away.
Araragi is once caught daydreaming of marrying Karen if she wasn't his sister.
She is the one Araragi would want to have beside when dying on the battlefield.

Basically, all girls in one way or the other love Araragi. The only ones he ever considered seriously were Hanekawa and Senjougahara though. The ones most important for his life have been Kissshot who gave him the will to live, Hanekawa who taught him how to love, and Senjougahara who inspired him to think of his future.
I did read the in-depth summaries for Koi and Oni so I was aware of Nadeko and Mayoi's resolutions but I wasn't sure about Nadeko's real feelings for Koyomi, that they were just a crush that got out of hand (and if they were modeled after Tsukihi's feelings the sister's must be pretty strong as well).

Shame about Hanekawa though, I do like her more than Hitagi xD (then again I was never into tsundere and abusive types).

I'm actually most surprised with Koyomi's daydream about Karen, was not aware of that one.

Thanks for the info.

BTW I heard Oni's supposed to be the last story (not last book) with the following being set before Oni, is this true? Cause if it is and after reading Oni's spoilers...there's still some foreshadowing and I kinda figured the ending would involve Koyomi, Hitagi and Shinobu more...
Old 2012-12-31, 07:14   Link #2093
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
It needs to be said that Hitagi appears to be kinky in the sac, and she is hinted to be bisexual.
No comment. Really, no big deal even if I'm a Hitagi X Koyomi FANATIC.

*prepares pole, stake and gasoline...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-31, 07:44   Link #2094
Shikijin

Quote:
I'm actually most surprised with Koyomi's daydream about Karen, was not aware of that one.
It happened in Hana. He even wondered if there was a way his sister could be not his sister while still being his sister.

Then again, perhaps he was just joking with Kanbaru.
Quote:
BTW I heard Oni's supposed to be the last story (not last book) with the following being set before Oni, is this true? Cause if it is and after reading Oni's spoilers...there's still some foreshadowing and I kinda figured the ending would involve Koyomi, Hitagi and Shinobu more...
No, the last story would be Hanamonogatari, which happens after Araragi graduates.
Old 2012-12-31, 08:52   Link #2095
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Then again, perhaps he was just joking with Kanbaru.
No, the last story would be Hanamonogatari, which happens after Araragi graduates.
Yea but there isn't much involvement on Koyomi's part right? Since it focuses heavily on Kanbaru and her friend...well I only really know the overall summary for it since I have yet to find a good spoiler description of the events like I did for Oni and Koi.

Did they maybe mean that Oni was the end of Koyomi's story?
Old 2012-12-31, 08:54   Link #2096
Shikijin

Quote:
Did they maybe mean that Oni was the end of Koyomi's story?
Oni at most was Hachikuji's last story.
Old 2012-12-31, 09:09   Link #2097
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Oni at most was Hachikuji's last story.
Actually I made a mistake, it was Koi that I heard was supposed to be the last book in the series...then again Koi is also at most Sengoku's last story...so I dunno, maybe the info was wrong altogether.
Old 2012-12-31, 09:12   Link #2098
Shikijin

Quote:
Actually I made a mistake, it was Koi that I heard was supposed to be the last book in the series...then again Koi is also at most Sengoku's last story...so I dunno, maybe the info was wrong altogether.
Koi is the last book of the second season. There is a third season though.
Old 2012-12-31, 09:27   Link #2099
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Koi is the last book of the second season. There is a third season though.
Ah I see, then I'm guessing Tsuki, Owari and Zokuowari are part of the third and final season, correct?
Old 2012-12-31, 09:41   Link #2100
Shikijin

Quote:
Ah I see, then I'm guessing Tsuki, Owari and Zokuowari are part of the third and final season, correct?
Exactly. Maybe there will be even an extra book or two about side-stories, but the series will officially end with Zokuowari.

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy, harem, nishio, romance