AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-02-27, 00:23   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 622 Discussion Thread

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

Complete spoilers have been released. Have at it.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 00:35   Link #2
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

There's no clanism here, all Uchiha look alike.
Old 2013-02-27, 00:35   Link #3
Phantom

It was a cool start that ended with a foreshadowing future....
I am afraid that neither the kids or the adults can blame each other for each other's POV. In my opinion, the man with the Sharingan might have been Madara's dad....
Looking forward to more flashback now...
Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 00:51   Link #4
james0246

What a boring chapter. And it's nice to know that all Hashirama's ideas stem from Madara.

On the upside, Itama died. What and ugly character design for a non-Zetsu. It's like Kishimoto made him so ugly that we literally have to applaud his departure just so we don't have to see his ugliness any longer. (Hashirama's hair isn't much better.)
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 01:34   Link #5
itachi-san314

this was total crap... didn't enjoy a single page of this flashback
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 02:33   Link #6
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
More action please. :]
Old 2013-02-27, 03:07   Link #7
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

sleepy... *yawn*
hehehe...

so, Hashirama had other brother.... and Madara had many siblings....
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 04:53   Link #8
Sbetsho

I think I'm weird since I enjoy these "boring" chapters a lot. I love to learn about the characters and flashbacks are great for this. They make the current events much more meaningful and enhances the overall story.
Sbetsho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 04:55   Link #9
mrShady

The world was a shitty place and kids died young. We already knew the previous shinobi system was the same as current Africa no point in repeating that.
Lot's of wasted panels, this should've been done in less pages for a better impact and faster pace.
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 05:10   Link #10
ImperialFlameGod8190

agreed but flashback chapters are generally a pain
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 06:32   Link #11
Apollian

the benefit is learning more about there Fathers and forefathers, learning how they become to be the people they are. we know Naruto's driven by what his learned from the people in his life, so anytime we can see that from the elders is a blessing.
the only problem is when you do it at a time like this in the middle of a crisis. good to know Madara had 4 Brothers too, and I always questioned who or where Hashirama's Dad came from like I did Minato's Dad. hopefully we'll get answers to these questions soon enough. I'd still like to know if Hashirama and Minato's were Sage's, or if that mark on Hashirama's forehead was something to do with how Tsunade's power works.
Apollian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 07:00   Link #12
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

You know, I could go into some small tirade about how this chapter served to do nothing other than repeat the same information we've heard of before (well aside from Madara not being able to do Number 1 if someone is behind him). So let me just summarize my feelings of this chapter with a short sing-along:

"Boring,
This is so boring,
This is so boring,
Get to the show".
Old 2013-02-27, 07:27   Link #13
Monster0

I have nothing negative to say about the chapter.It wasn't revealing,just establishing the main re-occurring theme again,no surprise,it's been the style from the start.Being a forum newbie i am a bit confused,should i post on a Onepiece forum instead,i hate that Manga.
Monster0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 07:38   Link #14
ronin myael
lost ronin

boring... unnecessary drama... next please...
Old 2013-02-27, 07:49   Link #15
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

i din't hate this chapter, even though this chapter did not reveal anything else from the history but it intensified of what we know how the lives of shinobi were before the village system, i think the intention of this chapter wasn't to reveal any information but to reveal the lives of Hashirama and Madara, so i think it was good to show lives of theirs so that it could be established properly as to why those two are always seen fighting a death battle.
i think these flashbacks and past is necessary to portray things in the future,
Old 2013-02-27, 08:17   Link #16
Casshern

Hahaha Hashirama is a troll
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 08:19   Link #17
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

I find this chapter better written than all those of the current war put together. I find the relation between Hashirama and Madara already more believable (which is saying something) than Naruto and Sasuke ever was and ever will be and I'd rather have death always presented like that than the token freed birdy we've had.

There's nothing new in this chapter true but it's good background. Mostly it's sad because this show how the story could have been instead of what we've got.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 08:28   Link #18
Bombo
TSF Fans

Boring chapter
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 08:52   Link #19
GDB

Was nice seeing Tobirama showing that, despite being blunt and abrasive, he's all about peace and harmony.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 08:53   Link #20
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

really enjoyed this chapter. i like the reveal of these historical characters. cant wait to learn how/why hashirama is so powerful. did he leave the clan to go train at a temple??

also, the panel underneath senju dad telling hashirama to cool/calm down...what was going on/what was that? did he grow a tree? i couldnt tell lol

(also also, is there a notification setting for when posts get replied to?)

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion