AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-06-05, 20:50   Link #1
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

KING's RAID: Successors of the Will

Apparently there was a KING's RAID anime announced back in September. I believe it's slated for 26 episodes, airs this Fall

Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-28, 18:11   Link #2
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Funimation to Stream King's Raid Anime

Starting October 6.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-05, 18:56   Link #3
bastek66

This should be moved to airing
Old 2020-10-07, 01:20   Link #4
Chosen_Hero

Saw the first episode, it looks interesting, I will keep watching it to see what happens.
Old 2020-10-07, 11:21   Link #5
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Ironically, the apparently strongest character has one of the weakest armors - seriously where is his chestplate?

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-14, 17:15   Link #6
magnuskn

This is for me the sleeper hit of the season, a show which is unabashedly high fantasy, with likeable characters and a semi-complex plot in the background to go along with the adventuring part. Also, that dark elf chick (the sister of the main dark elf dude) is, like, super hot and one of the cutest designs I've seen in many a year. I don't know if they can wrap up the plot in only seven episodes remaining, so I hope this goes for 24 episodes.
Old 2020-11-18, 02:35   Link #7
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
For some reason I completely missed this show and am only catching up now. Pretty decent fantasy series though. And some good division between the main character going on his journey and the understandable anger from the dark elf cast.

Although I'm still both shocked and not shocked at why the dark elves ended up in this situation. Part of me totally expected a much more terrifying reason for why they were discriminated against. I can actually buy people getting really upset about Illya looking to make another holy blade since religion can take things down that road. But...she only finished her research. She never even did anything with it! And was clearly done to back up the King anyways. Having more than one super weapon to take on demons with...actually seems like a solid idea to me. Just because the goddess cheaped out at handing out one holy weapon doesn't mean you should be limited to just having one person that can fight the big bad.

My condolences as well to the main character's mother. Her romance was hit and miss thanks to politics being a pain. Then her love disappears...somewhere. Heck part of me kind of things Illya knew the holy sword could do harm to the King and wanted to make a different one that was safer to use. But I guess we'll see. Anyways, back to Ariette. She is put to sleep for a century, wakes up knowing basically nobody, and then gets killed while her child is young. That sucks. Why the heck didn't this great sage keep mother and child somewhere safe like their sanctuary anyways?

Oh well, technically only a handful of episodes in at this point anyways. Will see how it goes while catching up with this.
Old 2020-11-18, 06:34   Link #8
grecefar

I think the problem with the dark elf were coming from before and using the religion and the clone holy sword was the perfect excuse to banish them, there are always corrupts and racist noble in anime like this.

I enjoying more the dark elf scenes, more than the hero scenes...
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-19, 04:19   Link #9
magnuskn

Ah, I see from the first post that it is indeed slated for 26 episodes, which explains the pacing. Nice!
Old 2020-11-19, 16:18   Link #10
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
I think the problem with the dark elf were coming from before and using the religion and the clone holy sword was the perfect excuse to banish them, there are always corrupts and racist noble in anime like this.

I enjoying more the dark elf scenes, more than the hero scenes...
I mean, you'll find corrupt/racist nobles or the equivalent in just about every setting. And after watching the shitshow that was/is 2020, I'm finding it to be more and more believable/relatable.
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-21, 17:14   Link #11
AC-Phoenix
Detective

I just feel like I should say this: the only realistic way for this to end, is the MC marrying the princess to strengthen her right to rule.
That being said, its fantasy, so he might end up with the dark elf girl instead.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2020-11-22, 02:39   Link #12
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaneo View Post
I mean, you'll find corrupt/racist nobles or the equivalent in just about every setting. And after watching the shitshow that was/is 2020, I'm finding it to be more and more believable/relatable.
I mean, systemic religious persecution against the Jews did happen in most places in Europe for most of the last 2000 years. It existed, people who thought that was the proper way to think so existed as well. The arrogance of nobility towards commoners existed as well. It may feel today as a bit of cheap storytelling (same goes with the Moriarty series), but that is because we are so used to more subtle villains nowadays.

I find the portrayal of those nobles (most of them quietly seething racist and resentful. Also screamingly incompentent) to be still a bit more nuanced than many other anime villains I've seen before. At least none of them went the full "oh-ho-ho-ho!" route Granblue Fantasy did, for example. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
I just feel like I should say this: the only realistic way for this to end, is the MC marrying the princess to strengthen her right to rule.
That being said, its fantasy, so he might end up with the dark elf girl instead.
While I personally am going "Yay, dark elf girl!", because she's so hot, so far I think he was already set up with the blonde elf girl from the forest. There were some pretty obvious hints that at least she is quite attracted to him.

Last edited by magnuskn; 2020-11-22 at 03:44. Reason: added a "t"
magnuskn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-22, 04:15   Link #13
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
If this follows somewhat conventional story telling I think the Princess has a better chance of ending up with the leader of the Dark Elf group, or at least falling for him.

I'm also enjoying the Dark Elf story more so then the Hero's. At least for me their predicament is more relatable.
Old 2020-11-22, 07:48   Link #14
magnuskn

Yeah, it's quite a contrast.

I just really noticed that the good two-shoes party consists of the standard D&D/Pathfinder quartet, Fighter/Rogue/Cleric/Wizard.
Old 2020-11-23, 15:19   Link #15
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post

While I personally am going "Yay, dark elf girl!", because she's so hot, so far I think he was already set up with the blonde elf girl from the forest. There were some pretty obvious hints that at least she is quite attracted to him.
I know, I was more going for what would happen realistically, rather than what is likely going to happen.

Old 2020-11-28, 06:01   Link #16
SidVicious
Anime addict

Blu-ray Disc Release Canceled

Due to "various circumstances".

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...nceled/.166802
Old 2020-11-28, 18:22   Link #17
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidVicious View Post
Blu-ray Disc Release Canceled

Due to "various circumstances".

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...nceled/.166802
The ratings must be horrible beyond belief.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-28, 23:43   Link #18
Kakkou
Tch.

Typical of The Internet's Most Trusted Anime News Source who only care about clickbait than actual, factual reporting, they failed (or didn't bother because most of their writers don't even understand Japanese) to mention that the committee are currently rethinking their sales plan for the show, which implies they've scrapped the volumes in favour of a less costly release like a box or two or at the very least have not abandoned the disc release altogether.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-26, 14:52   Link #19
magnuskn

Oh, good. This did get a second cour. At least here I was right about the pacing. And it seems like we are removing unnecessary pieces now from the board, too.

While this ain't a daring concept, it still is a rock solid fantasy show, with decent production values. I recommend more people watch it.
Old 2020-12-26, 14:58   Link #20
grecefar

Tamm death hit me a little, it was too quick and just like that, I mean sure he had the deathflag and all but still...
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy setting, mobile game