AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-09-20, 23:38   Link #541
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by squaresphere View Post
I'm still confused where the heck Brew came from. I thought Medusa had it, but I wouldn't think she'd used in yet.
It's always been in Kid's back pocket.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 00:47   Link #542
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by squaresphere View Post
I'm still confused where the heck Brew came from. I thought Medusa had it, but I wouldn't think she'd used in yet.
She gave it to Shibusen as one of her gifts to gain their trust (the other gift being the list of witches). Shibusen gave it to Kidd as a trump card for this mission, in case Medusa betrayed them.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 03:47   Link #543
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
She gave it to Shibusen as one of her gifts to gain their trust (the other gift being the list of witches). Shibusen gave it to Kidd as a trump card for this mission, in case Medusa betrayed them.
Then Shinigami sama must of known what the lines were and he must've known Brew would awaken the line's power.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 06:47   Link #544
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Looks like Kid now has a reason to become stronger. For the sake of his hair's symmetry!
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 10:41   Link #545
lmd_84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Then Shinigami sama must of known what the lines were and he must've known Brew would awaken the line's power.
Yes, I think he must have. Mosquito was referring to the Lines as though they were something specifically related to shinigami. For all we know, Shinigami himself has those lines in their complete form.

What gets me is that if Shinigami knew the effect Brew would have on his son, why the heck didn't he explain it before Kid left? Judging by his reaction, Kid had no idea what was happening when Brew activated!

What on earth was Shinigami playing at, when he knows how Kid can get in a fight if he gets distracted...
lmd_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 21:25   Link #546
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmd_84 View Post
What gets me is that if Shinigami knew the effect Brew would have on his son, why the heck didn't he explain it before Kid left? Judging by his reaction, Kid had no idea what was happening when Brew activated!
Kid was probably more surprised at the fact that BREW acted on it's own, and used an ability that Shingami didn't know about. Afterall before this chapter all we knew about BREW was that it was some superweapon that could make storms.

It was glowing in his pants before when he was trying to hid the fact that he had it on him during the start of the arc, so this really isn't the first time it has happened.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2008-09-21 at 21:56.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 02:46   Link #547
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Looks like Kid now has a reason to become stronger. For the sake of his hair's symmetry!
Sadly, that stripe backs to normal after the fight. He must feel shitty if he finds out. Guess it's only a temporary power up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Kid was probably more surprised at the fact that BREW acted on it's own, and used an ability that Shingami didn't know about. Afterall before this chapter all we knew about BREW was that it was some superweapon that could make storms.
This makes Mosquito more awesome, he knows something that even the old death god doesn't.

Kidd may still be gotten his ass kicked. After all, even with BREW, he is badly hurt and we already know all his tricks (people would ask him to give a bow and step down from stage if he is not one of main characters).

Mosquito rules.
Old 2008-09-22, 04:36   Link #548
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
Sadly, that stripe backs to normal after the fight. He must feel shitty if he finds out. Guess it's only a temporary power up.
That's exactly why Kid must work hard. To achieve symmetry without needing Brew's "doping". (And with all three stripes.)
Old 2008-09-22, 07:13   Link #549
lmd_84

Quote:

This makes Mosquito more awesome, he knows something that even the old death god doesn't.
We don't know for sure that Shinigami didn't know about the Lines.

Mosquito is a nasty git who was out to get the child of someone/some people he doesn't like very much.

Until we see some motivation from him other than "I don't like death gods", I think he's a mildly entertaining but annoying bad guy. His alligeance with Arachne is one thing, but I want to know why he's with her.

@Iron Maw - I know Kid noticed Brew activated earlier on, but that also caught him off guard. The difference this time wasn't that it was just embarassing - the reaction of his soul wavelength shocked him at a time when he was in serious danger of getting killed.

We know Brew used an ability Kid (apparently) didn't know it had. We don't know Shinigami didn't know of the soul amplification Brew could create.

In fact, given that Brew is one of Eibon's tools, items that Shinigami is especially interested in at the moment, I would be very surprised if Shinigami doesn't know more about Brew than simply storm-creation and the manipulation of time that we saw in the 'Tempest' arc.

I'm not claiming Shinigami definitely knew about the soul amplification effect, just that given that he's hidden things in the past, I wouldn't dismiss entirely the possibility that he knew just what Brew might do to his Kid.
Old 2008-09-22, 10:29   Link #550
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
It was never mentioned/said that the stripes will go back to normal, in my opinion I hope it doesn't cos even though Kidd is strong almost everyone seems to avoid his guns. Anyway everyone other than him has gotten a power up, Maka and Soul have the insanity, Black Star has the fey blade and Kidd got jack until now.

Quote:
In fact, given that Brew is one of Eibon's tools, items that Shinigami is especially interested in at the moment, I would be very surprised if Shinigami doesn't know more about Brew than simply storm-creation and the manipulation of time that we saw in the 'Tempest' arc.

I'm not claiming Shinigami definitely knew about the soul amplification effect, just that given that he's hidden things in the past, I wouldn't dismiss entirely the possibility that he knew just what Brew might do to his Kid.
I wouldn't be surprised that Shinigami knew because remember when they got the first demon tool, it had Shinigami's signature on it so him not knowing about other demon tools and their abilities can be doubted

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 11:51   Link #551
herbert

Quote:
We don't know for sure that Shinigami didn't know about the Lines.
I was joking. I replied to Iron Maw, who said Shinigami-sama didn't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
It was never mentioned/said that the stripes will go back to normal, in my opinion I hope it doesn't cos even though Kidd is strong almost everyone seems to avoid his guns. Anyway everyone other than him has gotten a power up, Maka and Soul have the insanity, Black Star has the fey blade and Kidd got jack until now.
Unless author's made a huge drawing mistake, Kidd's stripes have been back to normal. Here are two pics I stole from Chinese scanlation, you can clear see 3 asymmetric stripes.

Maka's powerup is not the insanity. On the contrary, it's her will power to accept her fear and keep the insanity in check. So she has developed Demon Hunt. But sure, I'd like see if Maka can use Demon hunt in black blood state. That would be awesome.
Old 2008-09-22, 20:37   Link #552
pandakit

Hey everybody, of course I am new...
I just watch the Soul Eater anime with my boyfriend. He hates spoilers but I love them and so...
Does anyone actually know if there is a spark of love between Stein and Mary?
Please tell me all the spoilers you know about them.
If they do end up hitting it off then I can just stop watching the anime and more on with my life
pandakit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 07:15   Link #553
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Due to circumstances, they leave Shibusen together, but they don't seem to be in a relationship. Mary's shown interest (but then, she's shown interest in various people and non-people).
Old 2008-09-24, 03:30   Link #554
Niu
YOU FACTORING HECTOPASCAL

I don't think they'll pursue a relationship at all, consider Stein has no love. Stein said that himself, Naix also warned about it, and Mary herself admits into that fact. This is even the main reason why she is hanging around him in the first place, as she knows Stein is all alone and loveless and he'll eventually break if someone don't stand by him.
Niu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 15:58   Link #555
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:

Unless author's made a huge drawing mistake, Kidd's stripes have been back to normal. Here are two pics I stole from Chinese scanlation, you can clear see 3 asymmetric stripes.

no mistake in 53 near the end you could see the grown line unlinking and zipping back to its original size -> back to the three stripes
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 19:26   Link #556
[MTT]Kamikaze
Mental Twist Team

Hmm, there is one more argument on Eibon being a wild card. Why didn't he have any interest of checking if the "BREW" that Arachne got was real? From his reaction to the BREW activation it could seem like he was waiting for a similar situation. Oh well, maybe we'll get some insight from the Wii game.
[MTT]Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-26, 08:07   Link #557
lmd_84

Ch. 53 Question -
Spoiler:
Old 2008-09-26, 08:20   Link #558
[MTT]Kamikaze
Mental Twist Team

Spoiler for Possible answer:
[MTT]Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 07:03   Link #559
Shoko
Estelle x Yuri

in The last manga Kid was look very cool

I can't wait the next manga chapter
Shoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 10:47   Link #560
lmd_84

Kid was cool whilst being seriously messed with by Brew and Mosquito. He's not going to be a happy camper once he gets out of the castle and doesn't have a mission to focus on.

Just re-reading the Fight to the Death chapters to check something related to chapter 53. Kid's shield against Mosquito's bats looks like the skull one Shinigami uses against Asura in the anime, but I want to know whether it turned up in the manga or not.

Something else jumped out at me: during the fight with Medusa, Spirit points out to Stein that, having not fought against someone in a while, he's lost the ability to be intimidating. In turn, Franken is getting easily distracted by everything around him.

Stein focusses (the bit where he's cricking his neck), and what does he focus on? Dissection, of course.

What I like about this is that the simplicity of Stein's mindset is key here. He is, as Spirit points out, simple to understand: he is a sadist, and so derives pleasure from cruelty.

With that duly noted, all else fades into the background. Stein's off again, and an uneasy Spirit reminds himself it's his job to "control this crazy kid".

The progression from one point to the next is so simple, so orderly, but the consequence is delightfully horrid. And page 4 has one of my favourite panels of Stein.

*sigh* I love my shiny new fandom... (still new-ish for me, I know how long the manga's been around)

Tags
shounen