AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-09-29, 21:13   Link #81
elroid

Im not sure i should start the new game+ with normal difficulty or not, since i finished the first round in easy mode, but im looking forward to fight Maria...
elroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 16:00   Link #82
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Just noticed that they remixed Yggdra's theme for the tutorial, although I didn't get to hear it in game its on the OST.
Old 2008-10-01, 16:06   Link #83
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

I have a direct game rip of her new remixed theme. I thought I said they remixed her theme <o<
Old 2008-10-02, 14:14   Link #84
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

I didn't see it, besides I was listening to it off my OST. >_> (Which has really nice artwork mind you)

Speaking of which theres a really nice 7 and a half minute Depth Heaven Episode medley. They arranged a whole bunch of themes from Riviera, Yggdra Union and KitN into one massive song.
Old 2008-10-02, 16:46   Link #85
krisslanza

How does it sound on the OST? <.<
The direct rip isn't even a minute long.
Old 2008-10-03, 12:38   Link #86
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

The OST version is 1:29, they changed the name of the song so its now called "A Certain Country's Princess Tactic Instruction". Soundwise its more or less the same as DS but abit higher quality than you'd be able to rip it straight from the DS. Theres only one arranged track in the OST and thats the 7 minute Depth Heaven Fantasia medley I mentioned.

The OST itself is two discs long, first disc is 59 tracks long but at least 15-20 tracks can't really be considered songs since they're more just few second long tunes. Second disc however is nothing but 39 non-stop tracks worth of battle themes. Also just looking at the names of some of these songs its obvious theres alernate endings in Knights in the Nightmare too, my guess there is at least three of them.
Old 2008-10-04, 05:24   Link #87
Niu
YOU FACTORING HECTOPASCAL

Yes, there is three endings.
One for red route and two for blue route. Beat the red route already, is working on blue route right now.
But then, the whole game can really be summed up in a single sentence: Marrieta is a dumbass.
And it seems what becomes of Marrieta are all different in each ending. Really has to get all three of them to see which one is cannon.
Niu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 20:59   Link #88
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Finished...
Thoughts:

First, compared to the previous games, it feels like the strong point of this game is the gameplay (for the unique system), not the story/characters, which is the opposite of Riviera, who had a great story/characters, but the battles were rather easy.
First, there doesn't feel like much character development. A few characters get their turn, but it's usually flying here and there, and besides a select few characters, most Knights have little individuality (besides for the ones that stand out more, like the -dearimasu girl). The various Knights only get development over the few lines they say while leveling up, recruiting, and special Transouls.
Second, the way it is done, going from past to present in no specific order, actually makes it more bothersome to piece all of the story... Of course, the story is still interesting and makes you want to see what's next. But there's not much emotional involvement... Plus, the atmosphere is many times darker than the previous two games... Death, death, death, death...
Next... is there is no extra. (-_-) All I got was unlocking the blue mode(?)... No CGs in this game or anything either (Guess they worked too hard on creating the Knight designs). Music room none...

I can't really comment on difficulty, since I played Easy mode...
Though thanks to that, I didn't have to go through the painful process of killing my units in Transoul.

The length was quite good. Not very long, but 47 stages was far more than I expected.

Voice acting... was no good, frankly. Then again, they used like 4 voice actors... Another thing that Knights in the Nightmare lost to Riviera in.
I wish the font was more readable at times... Sometimes, the "shi" hiragana look like lines (|)...

One very good part of this game is, as expected, the art. Unit portraits, boss pics, etc. Too bad none of them were as tasty as the Vampire from Riviera, fufufu...
Soundtrack, without a doubt, was great.

Overall, it was a good game, but I enjoyed Riviera and Yggdra Union more...

Spoiler for some various thoughts about the plot:

Spoiler for connections to Riviera/Yggdra Union:

Random thoughts:

Kekekeke, Annalotte and Beatrice at full level. Fraubellica too.
Missed recruiting Anette and Hildegardea...
I was surprised to see the MAX level thing...

Overall, I think I love the Knight unit the most. They don't annoy me with the limited directions to face, they move, and they have the power too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niu View Post
Yes, there is three endings.
One for red route and two for blue route. Beat the red route already, is working on blue route right now.
But then, the whole game can really be summed up in a single sentence: Marrieta is a dumbass.
And it seems what becomes of Marrieta are all different in each ending. Really has to get all three of them to see which one is cannon.
So the "red" route is the one with the red title screen and Maria, while the blue route is the one you unlock after beating the game once and has you playing with the other?

The game can't be summed up by Marietta... The origin of all of the chaos lies elsewhere... Marietta really was stupid, but it's clear that none of this would have happened if it wasn't for the Cardinal...

As for which is cannon, I have a good feeling it's not the red route...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 21:56   Link #89
krisslanza

I know on LCN that the "blue" route is a lot harder I believe. And is where the game branches off into multiple endings. I think they said something about you being able to use Maria as well?
Old 2008-10-05, 00:59   Link #90
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
I know on LCN that the "blue" route is a lot harder I believe. And is where the game branches off into multiple endings. I think they said something about you being able to use Maria as well?
The blue route is harder (for instance, the first stage has two enemies now instead of one), but I overall don't feel the "lot" part... Maybe at a later level...

Also, one other change in the blue route is that the knights that appear are different. Characters are replaced for others, so you can get new ones. In other words, the ones you never got can't be gotten......
...Anette... Hildegardea...
Though Flore was just so adorable! Kyaa~
Really give the artist thumbs-up for being able to come up with all of the designs... Wish there were some CG though...

You can use Maria in the red version. A "different" version can be used in the blue, it seems.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-10-05, 02:11   Link #91
Niu

To tserenade_beta: I am not sure the Underlord here is Hades. Hades should still be missing at that point.

As for Marrieta,
Spoiler:
Old 2008-10-05, 02:43   Link #92
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
To tserenade_beta: I am not sure the Underlord here is Hades. Hades should still be missing at that point.
Hmm... I thought he (we are talking about that Gonzorack or whatever it was called that I can't remember, right?) was, or at least had the possibility, because his class was "Hades". Also, for some reason, he reminds me of the Hades from Riviera...

Quote:
As for Marrieta,
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Old 2008-10-05, 08:15   Link #93
krisslanza

Ending A of YU is where Yggdra places the Gran Centurio in the Great Temple and recieves the Scepter of Wisdom (Marietta's Staff). Ending B is if Brongaa is revived by Gulcasa's suicide and ending C is Ragnarok. B and C might be switched, I can't remember which is which.
Old 2008-10-06, 06:54   Link #94
Niu

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Hmm... I thought he (we are talking about that Gonzorack or whatever it was called that I can't remember, right?) was, or at least had the possibility, because his class was "Hades". Also, for some reason, he reminds me of the Hades from Riviera...

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2008-10-07, 22:50   Link #95
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

He...Hector?! Y-O-U A-G-A-I-N

Anyways... Got the wonderfully bad end for the blue route...
Spoiler for info on it:

Where is Pamela... I never find her...

Old 2008-10-08, 02:22   Link #96
krisslanza

Well to be fair Meria IS...
Spoiler:

Also...
Spoiler:
Old 2008-10-08, 02:54   Link #97
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Well to be fair Meria IS...
Spoiler:

Also...
Spoiler:

Right, I forgot about that. Slipped out of my head...
Also forgot, but Hard difficulty is also unlocked after Normal... *shivers* Don't want...

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Old 2008-10-08, 03:26   Link #98
Niu

I see three endings now. There are totally four end, more than I thought

Spoiler:
Old 2008-10-08, 04:57   Link #99
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Huh, I suspected there was actually four endings since there was one more song in the OST that seemed like one. But I was only absolutely sure of three of them.

By the way does anyone know what the flag is for which route you follow? My playthrough is on normal mode for the record, I plan to tackle hard eventually. It shouldn't be too tough since I've come fresh off crushing some even more difficult games recently too bad about the lack of free time though ._.
Old 2008-10-08, 05:39   Link #100
Niu

Modes don't change the story.
The flag is determined on whether you have found Ancaljia on stage 23.5
To enter stage 23.5, you have to break the floor on the lower right hand corner on stage 23, twice, and a stair would appear. The floor is an invisible target BTW.

Finding it on red route gives you the true end, finding it on blue route gives you the bad end.

Tags
sting