AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-31, 04:48   Link #681
mit2591
~someone bored~

i am actually curious if touma's hand negates any thing magical or supernatural and even his own good luck as speculated by index in the first episode does it negate his own life force?may be each time he uses his power his life shortens.
Besides so far in the anime all esper user or magic user has only used their right hand to use their power.why only one hand and only right hand?can't they channel their power through their both hands?a magic user like Stiyl if uses his both hands will not he be able to produce double amount of flame?

Last edited by mit2591; 2008-10-31 at 05:16.
Old 2008-10-31, 05:08   Link #682
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by mit2591 View Post
i am actually curious if touma's hand negates any thing magical or supernatural and even his own good luck as speculated by index in the first episode does it negate his own life force?may be each time he uses his power his life shortens.
Well if that's true, then the situation might be worse than you think because his ability is always on... Whether he uses it to negate magic or not, it's powerwith always be there.

Quote:
Besides so far in the anime all esper user or magic user has only used their right hand to use their power.why only one hand and only right hand?can't they channel their power through their both hands?a magic user like Stiyl if uses his both hands will not he be able to produce double amount of flame?
This is just me, but I don't think there's any special meaning to it It's probably because they're all right-handed so it's only natural for them to use their right hand...

Psychic, and most likely magic as well, comes from the brain, not the hand.

Touma is just one of the more unique cases.
Old 2008-10-31, 05:30   Link #683
mit2591
~someone bored~

lol..yeah that may be the most possible answer.but well if they can channel their power through their both hand simultaneously will not people like misaka or Stiyl be able to produce double amount of power..
Old 2008-10-31, 10:45   Link #684
tzia_n
Lurker

Send a message via Yahoo to tzia_n
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Look, I'm just going to be repeating myself here so I'll just drop it

Monologues actually... Meaning what Touma was thinking to himself.
the monologues might have offered what i was looking for, namely something clearer for me as to show the development of their relationship.

but yeah, i'm fine with dropping the issue. the topic was neither important nor going anywhere. just something to pass the time i suppose

Quote:
so i suppose he should be doing bad with school work if he writes his answers using his right hand just imagine all the thing he/people can do with his right hand and imagine having immense bad luck in those
Old 2008-10-31, 10:57   Link #685
mit2591
~someone bored~

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzia_n View Post
so i suppose he should be doing bad with school work if he writes his answers using his right hand just imagine all the thing he/people can do with his right hand and imagine having immense bad luck in those
lol..he is already bad with his school work.have you forgotten he had to take extra lesson in the first episode? and for the other things you mentioned i am not that much sure
Old 2008-10-31, 11:01   Link #686
tzia_n
Lurker

Quote:
lol..he is already bad with his school work.have you forgotten he had to take extra lesson in the first episode? and for the other things you mentioned i am not that much sure
it just dawned on me how there might be an actual reason to it
Old 2008-10-31, 14:47   Link #687
Clarste
Human

Quote:
He doesn't "use" his power at all, from what I understood. It's just passive. If he could turn it off I don't he'd be so depressed about the luck thing. So if it was eating his life he'd be dead by now.

Also, remember it only negates "supernatural" thing. I think if you start to think of life as something supernatural it becomes difficult to imagine what exactly would be natural.

Quote:
At least part of the curriculum is the training of psychic abilities. Considering that he has zero (measurable) psychic abilities, and even if he could bend spoons he'd negate it with his hand, I got the impression that he was completely failing his psychic tests, and merely average for normal stuff. They haven't made a point that he's particularly stupid or lazy anyway.
Old 2008-11-01, 04:07   Link #688
Niu
YOU FACTORING HECTOPASCAL

On what Imagine Breaker erase and it don't

Spoiler:

And I have to poke on this

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Her blade is too long. She needs distance and time to swing it unless it's a short blade in a long scabard. Those wires are in case someone is gifted enough to get within her weak zone. So basically, she has no short range defensive capabilities and had to cheat with wires.
Quote:
I don't think so...
The way she says it, Nanasen is her primary attack while her Katana is the one they would have to face if they got pass it.
Kaori's fighting style is Amakusa style, which uses deception. Alternating between wire-katana wire-magic is part of it. One attack is to cover up another or to distract you. Though using Shichitanshchitou is definitely saved for the last, it is saved for when all her other tricks failed.
And if you want details on how they work....
Spoiler:
Old 2008-11-01, 04:13   Link #689
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niu View Post

Kaori's fighting style is Amakusa style, which uses deception. Alternating between wire-katana wire-magic is part of it. One attack is to cover up another or to distract you. Though using Shichitanshchitou is definitely saved for the last, it is saved for when all her other tricks failed.
Yup, so I was right... She was using her Nodachi as a distraction, and a good one really- Who wouldn't be worried about a 2 metre sword

Quote:

Spoiler:
There's one thing interesting that I learnt from this-

Spoiler:
Old 2008-11-01, 04:21   Link #690
tzia_n
Lurker

Quote:
On what Imagine Breaker erase and it don't

Spoiler:
so in layman's terms???
Old 2008-11-01, 04:46   Link #691
mit2591
~someone bored~

Quote:

Spoiler:

wow!she seems a formidable opponent.i wonder if magic users could be graded like supernatural power users what would be her level?definitely level 5 that's for sure but level 5+ i am not that much sure.
Old 2008-11-01, 04:49   Link #692
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
wow!she seems a formidable opponent.i wonder if magic users could be graded like supernatural power users what would be her level?definitely level 5 that's for sure but level 5+ i am not that much sure.
Level 5 is the highest possible level that a psychic can reach, in fact there are only seven Level 5 in existence.

Mikoto ranking in number 3.
Old 2008-11-01, 05:06   Link #693
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Mah, if they do volume 4, you will be able to learn (it's explained, really) just how powerful she is (or so they say).

Quote:
Level 5 is the highest possible level that a psychic can reach, in fact there are only seven Level 5 in existence.
Well, technically, the highest level is...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-11-01, 05:08   Link #694
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Mah, if they do volume 4, you will be able to learn (it's explained, really) just how powerful she is (or so they say).
It could be possible, that is if they have a OP2 by episode 16 or something...

Judging from the speed they're using, how many episodes do you think it would take to animate vol 2 & 3?
Old 2008-11-01, 05:13   Link #695
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Judging from the speed they're using, how many episodes do you think it would take to animate vol 2 & 3?
As of now, I would assume the same number of episodes as vol.1 gets. Assuming JC Staff keeps up miraculously following the novel so well.
Mah... I can't really say I'm looking forward to vol.4 even if they do do it. Not just because of Kanzaki, but the damn book contradicts itself again...

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-11-01, 05:19   Link #696
Fynal_Fyre
Inactive Member

Quote:
It could be possible, that is if they have a OP2 by episode 16 or something...

Oh serenade, stop cockteasing.

Also, IIRC, Index moved real quick (they covered an entire volume already?) in just episodes 1-4.
Old 2008-11-01, 05:27   Link #697
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fynal_Fyre View Post
Also, IIRC, Index moved real quick (they covered an entire volume already?) in just episodes 1-4.
No, they are still on volume 1. It will take 1-2 more episodes to complete it. And then the anime will move onto volume 2... I think.

Old 2008-11-01, 06:14   Link #698
tzia_n
Lurker

Quote:
No, they are still on volume 1. It will take 1-2 more episodes to complete it. And then the anime will move onto volume 2... I think.
you're not that sure?
Old 2008-11-01, 06:18   Link #699
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
you're not that sure?
Well, the manga skipped the volume entirely (poor Himegami *laugh*), so the anime might have placed them in the OP, but actually skip them as a way to trick viewers...
Which isn't a serious thought.
They appeared in the OP, so they will get the little time they get.

That, and I'm hoping the Railgun manga or something like that will be added in between vol.1-2.

Old 2008-11-01, 06:33   Link #700
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
That, and I'm hoping the Railgun manga or something like that will be added in between vol.1-2.
Indeed. Can't wait to see BiriBiri and her gang (Kuroko, Kazari & Saten) lovable wacky adventures.
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, science fiction, shounen