AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-04-07, 18:38   Link #201
furaiz
Reason is Omniscient
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
Thing is some arent considring the wings but normal battery Accel.

Btw, Accel can't just switch on/of wings like his choker.
I added a little bit about the choker thing, which obviously means a Saint would win in that case. I still do believe they would have to outlast the 15minutes without Accel thrashing them though. Not too hard for them to avoid Accel, superhuman reflexes and speed after all.
furaiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 19:45   Link #202
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Btw I think accelerator will eventually be stronger than any saint. I don't know if that is true now though.

He's on his way though. It's not like they're improving that much, but he certainly is, all of the time.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-17, 18:01   Link #203
Inept Forum User

Regarding the Academy City cooperative institutions, how many countries have been confirmed to have (or perhaps in some cases had) them? (e.g. Japan, England, France, Russia, Denmark, Australia etc)

Also, sorry, I wasn't sure which threads would be the best place to ask some other questions. If not here, where would be the best place to ask these questions?
  • How would a certain character behave in a certain hypothetical scenario? (assuming there isn't an open thread for that particular character already)
  • Out of the characters/stuff that haven't received concept art yet, which ones would people like to receive it?
Inept Forum User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 00:10   Link #204
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inept Forum User View Post
Regarding the Academy City cooperative institutions, how many countries have been confirmed to have (or perhaps in some cases had) them? (e.g. Japan, England, France, Russia, Denmark, Australia etc)
Sevilla
Schleswig
Novosibirsk
Cape Kennedy

Are locations where Sisters have been confirmed.

We also know that China and India allied with them during WWIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inept Forum User View Post
Also, sorry, I wasn't sure which threads would be the best place to ask some other questions. If not here, where would be the best place to ask these questions?
  • How would a certain character behave in a certain hypothetical scenario? (assuming there isn't an open thread for that particular character already)
  • Out of the characters/stuff that haven't received concept art yet, which ones would people like to receive it?
If they don't have a character thread, I assume the speculation thread would work.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 14:02   Link #205
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Baba should still be alive right? He had enough supplies to last for one year without drowning right? I was just curious if he might come back into the story again if he somehow gets rescued from that facility.
Old 2014-04-24, 05:58   Link #206
Inept Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
If they don't have a character thread, I assume the speculation thread would work.
Would it still be the case if the scenario was very unlikely to happen in the actual story? (if not, would it go in fanfiction rather than speculation?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Baba should still be alive right? He had enough supplies to last for one year without drowning right? I was just curious if he might come back into the story again if he somehow gets rescued from that facility.
Should be, unless something unexpected happened or he succumbed to despair and offed himself...
Inept Forum User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 21:07   Link #207
entei08

Are there any university students that are espers?
entei08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 21:10   Link #208
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by entei08 View Post
Are there any university students that are espers?
There should be because academy city had been running for years but so far Kamachi is limiting himself on high school students. I'm also curious on graduate students but no info so far.

Its also funny that the level 5 are only middle school and high school student.

One should expect to grow stronger and more mature as one grow old but Kamachi just cuts them all off.
Old 2014-04-27, 21:51   Link #209
entei08

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
There should be because academy city had been running for years but so far Kamachi is limiting himself on high school students. I'm also curious on graduate students but no info so far.

Its also funny that the level 5 are only middle school and high school student.

One should expect to grow stronger and more mature as one grow old but Kamachi just cuts them all off.
Yeah thanks to parameter list, age and strength has no direct correlation
Old 2014-04-27, 22:55   Link #210
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by entei08 View Post
Yeah thanks to parameter list, age and strength has no direct correlation
true BUT the number of adults appearing more experience and trashing the brats should be prominent (aside from accel and kakine)

instead of grown ups. More loli's are showing up.
Old 2014-04-27, 23:28   Link #211
Phibrizzo
Honos628

You also have to take the possibility that the first test where base for the new generation and possible their power level is really low (Remember even Thelestina was used to create a foundation).

About cooperative institution, many are mention in the SS2, I recall mexico and argentina also.
Phibrizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 02:01   Link #212
LevelSeven

Quote:
You also have to take the possibility that the first test where base for the new generation and possible their power level is really low (Remember even Thelestina was used to create a foundation).
it is the same...
the kids from kiyamas class was also used for experiments....
it isnt like they stopped now... im sure they do even more experiments than before
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 03:08   Link #213
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I was under the impression that it's only this generation where the technology/technique has improved to the point where creating Level 3-5s are now possible.

And it's only this generation where they have opened up schools to allow for the program to be available to children publicly.

Both of these would explain why only Teenagers are Espers and why powerful espers are only Teenagers.
Old 2014-04-28, 03:44   Link #214
LevelSeven

Quote:
I was under the impression that it's only this generation where the technology/technique has improved to the point where creating Level 3-5s are now possible.
how long does AC exist?? im sure more than 50 years......
well, until now we only have l´kihara lifeline as adult esper...

Quote:
And it's only this generation where they have opened up schools to allow for the program to be available to children publicly.
by such a long history?? i doubt that...

Quote:
Both of these would explain why only Teenagers are Espers and why powerful espers are only Teenagers.
maybe becasue Level 5's are rarer than saints? it needed 2,3 million humans for seven level 5's....
AND a hugh amount of money
Old 2014-04-28, 03:46   Link #215
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
maybe becasue Level 5's are rarer than saints? it needed 2,3 million humans for seven level 5's....
Actually I'd consider Saints more rarer, Out of everybody on the damn planet compared to just a small 2.3 million city.

You got some flaws in your logic. no offence.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 03:52   Link #216
LevelSeven

Quote:
Actually I'd consider Saints more rarer, Out of everybody on the damn planet compared to just a small 2.3 million city.

You got some flaws in your logic. no offence.

mhhh, you are right....

7.000.000.000 humans = 20 Saints
with 2.300.000 humans = 7 Level 5's
by 7.000.000.000 human ~ (something like) 16.000 Level 5's

a whole army XD
Old 2014-04-28, 04:34   Link #217
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
how long does AC exist?? im sure more than 50 years......
well, until now we only have l´kihara lifeline as adult esper...

by such a long history?? i doubt that...

AND a hugh amount of money
Academy City exist for 50+ years, but the esper technology arguably is a lot less than that. There are more than just esper research going on in the city.

And like any experimental technology the list of successful candidates, let alone successful candidates with a promising result to show is very small in the beginning.
Old 2014-04-28, 04:57   Link #218
LevelSeven

Quote:
Academy City exist for 50+ years, but the esper technology arguably is a lot less than that. There are more than just esper research going on in the city.

And like any experimental technology the list of successful candidates, let alone successful candidates with a promising result to show is very small in the beginning.
yeah, as a opposite to magicians who can obtain great powers through hardwork and training, the espers are bound to their born talents...
to bring this talent into his peak form was not even reached by accel....
so: that adult espers exist is clear but the chances that they are over lvl0 or lvl1 is low....
i still wouldnt be suprised if their are a few OP adult espers which rival mikoto or even nerfed-accel XD
Old 2014-04-29, 02:14   Link #219
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

The way I see it: it is possible that for many adults, they don't have the time to go through the experiments and classes and procedures to develop esper powers. It likely takes a lot of time, and you need a good teacher and resources as the series points out. That means that if you are an adult with a job, while you're an esper doing other things and working on your powers and developing your personal reality and delusional sense and learning all this quantum, you have much less time to earn money. The kids have the parents pay for them, so they're mostly better off... or if they're higher level espers they get more wages/salaries. I think that was Kamachi's idea.

It's also likely more convenient this way since kids have stronger emotions and are thus likely more easily controlled...
Old 2014-04-29, 11:45   Link #220
entei08

Did anyone manage to find the origin of Othinus's crossbow? The actual legend of it I mean

Tags
memories, q&a