AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - New Testament Volume 10 Rating
Perfect 10 44 33.59%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 58 44.27%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 12.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 5.34%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.53%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 3.05%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-05-13, 23:54   Link #2581
bakapervert
A pervert

One down, many more to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
i'd like to think that touma and accelerator had fought seriously, but accel didn't go all out in order to give touma a better chance in winning
Yeah, this time Touma got away with hurting fist and almost dislocated his shoulder. He may still be able to win if Accelerator got real serious, though he won't get away with just a broken bone or two.

And damn, this threat is insane. Last time I post in this thread a month ago, it only has 3 page. Now it already reach 130 page. What the hell are you guys talking about here when its only about 1 volume that hadn't been released or translated yet?
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-13, 23:54   Link #2582
The One Above God
Kamijou

fuck, i really love that 5S. but wait, it's mentioned that it's for terraforming... possible forshadowing or chekhov's gun? we might see an interplanetary scale of events soon enough...MAKE IT HAPPEN KAMACHI!

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-13, 23:56   Link #2583
R.LocK
My turn

Fumu. At least, Touma needs a rock now to take Accel out (no pun intended).
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-13, 23:56   Link #2584
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Touma is a bit more raw/ruthless now in his fight.
This is why i don't spoil Touma's fight, they show his changes of stance.
Touma and Othinus interaction wise, this is still quite mild compare to later chapter.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-14, 00:07   Link #2585
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One Above God View Post
fuck, i really love that 5S. but wait, it's mentioned that it's for terraforming... possible forshadowing or chekhov's gun? we might see an interplanetary scale of events soon enough...MAKE IT HAPPEN KAMACHI!
Given the scale of escalation since WWIII, I wouldn't be surprised if the S5 were a Chekhov's Gun. However, let us remember that the purpose of the S5 is to force an uninhabited planet to be filled with primordial soup. It took a couple billion years after the primordial soup on Earth for the first cell to even form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amano Kaguya
Honestly, this is supposed to prepare a stupidly huge amount of sports drink into a beam, slam it into a desert planet, and create a giant cloud made of ‘primordial soup’.
As such, even if the S5 was used, it would take some time before the planet they used it on became habitable.

Although, I remember Touma mentioning something about Mars in his rant in NT09.
Old 2014-05-14, 00:21   Link #2586
Phibrizzo
Honos628

You know I want to read that part of the embrace but... the only novel so far that have make me drop a tear was Iskander dead at the hands of Gilgamesh in the novel.

God >< I have read some really good ones, Haruhi does have a few good ones (for example endless eight equivalent was better done than Othinus vs Touma).
Phibrizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-14, 00:25   Link #2587
omega253

Chapter 9

Touma's favored dirty tactics shine through here. But is it really dirty fighting when you see how broken his enemies are?

Some quotes to laugh over:

Quote:
“Wait, Othinus!! Don’t put me in a headlock while dressed in that ‘new style of bikini’ that would shock even female wrestlers! It’ll do more damage to you in the en- vwah!!”

Even with a girl’s soft underarm and arm pressing against his head, Kamijou Touma remained a gentleman.
Touman, always thinking of the girl.

Quote:
“I-if you’re gonna conveniently teleport us around the planet, why didn’t you bring us closer?”

“Don’t be silly. How many tens of thousands of kilometers do you think that spell took us? This is a decent margin of error. Really, you should be praising my skill since we didn’t crash into the Himalayas on the way and we weren’t dumped into the middle of the ocean.”

“Quick question: did the other members of Gremlin do everything they could to stop you from using that spell, by any chance? Did they insist on using boats and airplanes when traveling?”

“Shut up. We need to get back on topic. How do you plan to safely travel three or four hundred kilometers? The coalition forces will be laying out a search network as we speak.”
Even Othinus has her awkward moments.

Quote:
Othinus had her doubts, but Kamijou Touma’s face was devoid of worry thanks to his experience of travelling from England to Russia while only speaking Japanese like an old woman from Kansai. He was either quite accustomed to travel or very stupid.
Maybe he's both?

Quote:
“There’s nothing at all.”

“No, there isn’t.”

“I haven’t seen a single car for a while now.”

“Th-this isn’t good. My teeth are chattering from the cold. W-what country is A Dog of Flanders from? I feel like I’m experiencing the authentic version of that.”

“Don’t worry. That was set in Belgium.”

“Phew.”

“Denmark is the home of The Little Match Girl.”

“Oh, god. That’s fifty or even a hundred more steps into the realm of tragedy!!”

Illusions of salt, butter, and corn started appearing in the back of his mind again. Letting one’s guard down while lighting a match could lead to having one’s soul taken away. Someone who has been badly burned must not be given water to drink, and this was the opposite version of that.

Othinus's large witch’s hat swayed as she tilted her head.

“If you’re hungry, go search through that cave over there. As is the case in snowy countries, bears are always quite close by.”

“This just keeps getting worse!! There’s no way my death will be peaceful!!”
Touma, please don't give ominous statements like that.

Quote:
As he stood there, someone tapped on his shoulder from behind.

“Don’t worry.”

It was Othinus.

“Mushroom clouds can be created by more than just nukes. Any explosion with enough force can do it. Large fuel-air bombs or thermobaric bombs should be able to pull it off, so…”

“No,” muttered Kamijou. “Only Academy City would be able to do this. And if they’re going this all-out, it’ll never end this easily! Mass-produced military clones, AIM thought entities, supersonic bombers, powered suits, cyborgs, and Rensa. I haven’t seen everything, but the glimpses I have seen are enough to know they’ll go farther than this if they’re serious!!”
He'd positively freak if he knew about the entity other than Hyouka that existed in the city.

Quote:
Accelerator clicked his tongue in annoyance, but then realized something.

“Wait. What am I supposed to do with this unconscious girl?”

He received no response.

At the end of it all, some shackles had been prepared for that monster. Being played that perfectly ticked him off.
Accelerator got owned not once, but twice. Must suck to be him this time.
omega253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-14, 00:30   Link #2588
The One Above God
Kamijou

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega253 View Post
He'd positively freak if he knew about the entity other than Hyouka that existed in the city.
why do i feel like he'd go full tsukkomi mode if he ever gets to interact with aiwass...

Old 2014-05-14, 00:36   Link #2589
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
why do i feel like he'd go full tsukkomi mode if he ever gets to interact with aiwass...
To quote an excerpt from A Certain Academy Index:
Quote:
Kamijou began tearing at his head because he could no longer comprehend the whole character thing, but then someone else walked toward him.

It was a human wearing a green surgical gown who appeared masculine yet feminine, young yet aged, saintly yet sinful. Overall, he was an ambiguous person. He had a different type of silver hair than Index. His appeared to have lost all its color. That hair that extended down to his waist seemed to make it even harder to determine his age or sex.

His bare feet slapped against the floor as he approached.

“Why are you two not in class?”

“What? Who are you?”

“Well, it appears I am the board chairman character. I have serious doubts as to whether that qualifies as an entire category, but I must play the part as that is the part I was…ghbh!?”

Before the mysterious figure could finish speaking, Kamijou reflexively threw a punch.

“Gh..gbh… Wh-what are you doing?”

“I don’t really know, but I get the feeling it will solve everything on a global scale if I defeat you here.”

“P-please wait. I understand the desire to interfere with a secret character you never see on a daily basis. I do understand, but…bh!? But I must ask why you have so readily knocked me to the ground and climbed on top of…ghghgrbh.”

With the board chairman character defeated, Kamijou Touma wiped sweat from his brow with a gentle look on his face.

“Did that bring peace to the world?”

“What? So is this how you always do things?” asked Accelerator.
Old 2014-05-14, 00:38   Link #2590
omega253

Quote:
He might. Or Touma will just go and get drunk again, prompting Aiwass to follow as the boy mysteriously amassed a harem by shambling around.

But that Academy Index thing is possible too. Whoever is near him will be hopelessly confused, though.

Oh, there was one last quote I forgot that you guys would probably pounce on.

Quote:
“Yes, yes. Just as you’ve guessed, I’m aiming the S5 toward the earth. Sad, isn’t it? The ‘package’ that just arrived by SSTO is loaded in the cargo space. Honestly, this is supposed to prepare a stupidly huge amount of sports drink into a beam, slam it into a desert planet, and create a giant cloud made of ‘primordial soup’. The cargo space is meant to hold seeds of plants that can withstand extreme environments. It’s supposed to be filled with the hopes and dreams of children, so why do you humans who crawl along the ground insist on using it for things like this? And if Endymion were still functioning, we wouldn’t have had to reconstruct this useless thing. Just because it’s all according to that guy’s plan doesn’t make it hurt any less.”
Props to Kamachi for remembering that.
omega253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-14, 00:42   Link #2591
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Quote:
“Yes, yes. Just as you’ve guessed, I’m aiming the S5 toward the earth. Sad, isn’t it? The ‘package’ that just arrived by SSTO is loaded in the cargo space. Honestly, this is supposed to prepare a stupidly huge amount of sports drink into a beam, slam it into a desert planet, and create a giant cloud made of ‘primordial soup’. The cargo space is meant to hold seeds of plants that can withstand extreme environments. It’s supposed to be filled with the hopes and dreams of children, so why do you humans who crawl along the ground insist on using it for things like this? And if Endymion were still functioning, we wouldn’t have had to reconstruct this useless thing. Just because it’s all according to that guy’s plan doesn’t make it hurt any less.”
Well, Kamachi is generally good with keeping consistent. Not to mention that Arisa/Shutaura and Ladylee were mentioned in NT09.

Still, we easily forget that Endymion is just floating in space (possibly in orbit) at the moment.
Old 2014-05-14, 00:43   Link #2592
ernest_00

Ok that was a good fight. Even when accelerator body got more resilient he still got owned.
And if that was going easy, I do not wanna know what it is going all out.
ernest_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-14, 00:45   Link #2593
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Oh, there was one last quote I forgot that you guys would probably pounce on.

Oh I seen that, but I'm leaning towards hoping to actually seeing Shutaura instead.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-14, 00:52   Link #2594
Magic God

now that I think about it, Accelerator probably would have died if Touma aimed for the face
Magic God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-14, 00:55   Link #2595
ernest_00

Quote:
now that I think about it, Accelerator probably would have died if Touma aimed for the face
Well aiming for the heart its not very safe either.
Old 2014-05-14, 00:58   Link #2596
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernest_00 View Post
Well aiming for the heart its not very safe either.
Steve Erwin anybody? to soon? but yeah a shock to the heart is definitely a killshot. Touma has gotten a bit more pragmatic just as I thought.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-14, 01:03   Link #2597
The One Above God
Kamijou

i still believe that even if accelerator went serious, touma could still beat him. though if that's the case, touma wouldn't have gotten out with just a near dislocated shoulder and an aching wrist

Old 2014-05-14, 01:08   Link #2598
ernest_00

I agreed even with a full serious accelerator touma could still beat him, but most likely he will end in the hospital.

Now that I think about it a little, a full serious accelerator will be someting like the fight he have with kakine in NT vol 6.
I wonder how well accelerator can predict touma moves?

Last edited by ernest_00; 2014-05-14 at 01:19.
Old 2014-05-14, 01:15   Link #2599
Thatguy3331
Pro Slacker

Well, that fight sure turned out to be relatively simple.... I mean yeah Accelerator was hinted at holding back a bit but honestly I can't say I have a problem with how this part played out.
Old 2014-05-14, 01:19   Link #2600
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Touma has to fight with the intent to kill whenever possible otherwise he wont make it to Egeskov.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boss rush, denmark