AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-07-23, 18:45   Link #3801
Chosen_Hero

(Reads posts)... well, the crazy Aeon talk and even crazier speculations are starting, we must be close to either an announcement or this is the calm before the storm of the next volumes release, so with that said I'm out of here until I hear anything about NT.11 (if it is releasing this year).
Old 2014-07-24, 14:00   Link #3802
Phibrizzo
Honos628

So any info on this?
Spoiler:

Some people mention Yamata no Orochi... personally I rather think its Tiamat
Old 2014-07-24, 14:53   Link #3803
Thatguy3331
Pro Slacker

I recently found a picture of Haimura drawn 'Dolly' from Railgun buck ass nude:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Maybe the two are related?
Old 2014-07-24, 16:26   Link #3804
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
So any info on this?
Spoiler:

So in the volume version of the dragon strike Touma did, THERE WERE MORE DRAGONS
Spoiler:
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2014-07-24, 16:50   Link #3805
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
So in the volume version of the dragon strike Touma did, THERE WERE MORE DRAGONS
Spoiler:
W-w-w-w-w-w-what am I looking at!? I mean, I can tell shapes, but...ah...ah

...can we say for sure this isn't a mere fanservice throwaway now?
Old 2014-07-24, 17:18   Link #3806
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Spoiler:
What is this? I mean it looks awesome but where did this come from?
Old 2014-07-24, 17:19   Link #3807
Pablete
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
W-w-w-w-w-w-what am I looking at!? I mean, I can tell shapes, but...ah...ah

...can we say for sure this isn't a mere fanservice throwaway now?
Well, they need to improve the sales for the new tankoubon with something .

I'm no joking, the sales are good, but not as good as the previous tanks.

Like I said before, the franchise is dying on its popularity slowly.
Old 2014-07-24, 17:39   Link #3808
omega253

Quote:
Spoiler:
Welp, I just got more material for To Ascend.

But damn, this reminds of when Murata redraws the initial fights of One Punch Man into something even more ridiculously amazing (can anybody say moon jump? ).
Old 2014-07-24, 18:12   Link #3809
Karna
just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
So any info on this?
Spoiler:

I think Tiamat is unlikely. I mean in some versions it's noted t be a serphant, but in most it isn't. Yamata no Orochi is most likely IMO.

But there are a few posibilities for which dragon(s) it could be:
Yamata no Orochi (Japanese Myth) - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamata_no_Orochi
I think that most people know about this one. It's an eight headed and eight tailed dragon in a famous japanese myth. It's noted to have been slayed by Susanoo. It's also the only one I have found that is specifically noted to have 8 heads. So this is the most likely candidate for the thing in Touma's arm.

The Lernean Hydra (Greek Myth) - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lernaean_Hydra
Most people here likely already know about this one.

Vasuki (Hindu Myth) - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasuki
Something cool about this one is that it is known as one of the "Eight Great Naga Kings", and has a gem on it's head. If you look at the cobra looking dragon in the illustrations, you'll notice that it looks to have a gem or some sort of jewel on it's head.

Aždaja (Slavic Myth) - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavic_dragon
An interesting note about Aždaja is that in Christian mythology, St. George is described as slaying the this dragon. And we get quite a bit of reference about saint george in this series.
Old 2014-07-24, 18:18   Link #3810
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Spoiler:
...I had not expected this.
Old 2014-07-24, 18:55   Link #3811
Ap1001
Shikigami of the sages

There are theories in certain forums that each head of the dragon come from different myths, they were shown to have form due to the filters placed on the world. This caused the invisible thing to take form of the dragons in different myths around the world, or it is also possible that the myths were built around the invisible thing in the first place and it is people's perception of it that created the myth of the dragons.

Either way that is one cool dragon, every head is pretty handsome.

I'm hoping that Kamachi explains this later, but since he always does a lot of foreshadowing and don't fill in until very later (like the magic god in old testament 1 only showed up in new testament) this would probably be only explained by the major players (magic gods, will, aleister or aiwass). Kamachi have a lot of holes to fill this one, and where Tsuchimikado went after the event of new testament 7. If this goes on we might have a new series after new testament, called apocalypse (or something like that). If this is the manga artists idea, it certainly isn't a smart one but we can just glimpse over it, but if this is Kamachi's idea then this is one hell of a plot hole he needs to fill.

Last edited by Ap1001; 2014-07-24 at 19:27.
Old 2014-07-24, 18:58   Link #3812
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ap1001 View Post
There are theories in certain forums that each head of the dragon come from different myths, they were shown to have form due to the filters placed on the world. This caused the invisible thing to take form of the dragons in different myths around the world, or it is also possible that the myths were built around the invisible thing in the first place and it is people's perception of it that created the myth of the dragons.
This is actually my pet theory on this as well. In a way, it's actually an interesting connection as it's similar to what happened to Othinus so it fits well, considering the timing.
I honestly think that the whole 8 heads thing is a huge red herring to lead people to Yamata no Orochi. Kamachi would never make it that obvious.
At the same time, it also would be explained by the above theory.
Old 2014-07-24, 19:05   Link #3813
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Hmmm... Is that center head the same as the one from volume 2? Just sightly different due to different artist?
Old 2014-07-24, 19:08   Link #3814
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Hmmm... Is that center head the same as the one from volume 2? Just sightly different due to different artist?
I think so. The features are similar enough.
Old 2014-07-24, 19:33   Link #3815
FlyingCow65

My GOD... Touma just passed the maximum level of Garness, I see a winged dragon... Quetzalcoatl? Pixiv is going to go mad when they release this volume.

Last edited by FlyingCow65; 2014-07-24 at 19:33. Reason: Letter
Old 2014-07-24, 19:57   Link #3816
Karna
just some guy

Quote:
This is actually a good theory. Especially since some of the dragons shown have some similarities with dragons of various myths.
Old 2014-07-24, 20:03   Link #3817
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Anyone wants to try identifying all the heads :3 ? I doubt they're all 'dragons' per say though...
Old 2014-07-24, 20:13   Link #3818
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingCow65 View Post
My GOD... Touma just passed the maximum level of Garness, I see a winged dragon... Quetzalcoatl? Pixiv is going to go mad when they release this volume.
No need for that, just have someone clean up that scan, it's already perfect wallpaper material.

Quote:
At this point, this is a perfectly valid theory. Then it's original form is crazier than this... if it has one. At this point I'm expecting something along the lines of describing an elder god.
Old 2014-07-24, 21:46   Link #3819
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablete View Post
Well, they need to improve the sales for the new tankoubon with something .

I'm no joking, the sales are good, but not as good as the previous tanks.

Like I said before, the franchise is dying on its popularity slowly.
You mean, when things don't go well, Kamachi pulls out the spoilers from his Hidden Magic Bag?

Where did I see this before...

Quote:
Something like each dragon is what each Myth perceive their concept of DRAGON?

I would like to think of that.

Quote:
I'm hoping that Kamachi explains this later, but since he always does a lot of foreshadowing and don't fill in until very later (like the magic god in old testament 1 only showed up in new testament) this would probably be only explained by the major players (magic gods, will, aleister or aiwass). Kamachi have a lot of holes to fill this one, and where Tsuchimikado went after the event of new testament 7. If this goes on we might have a new series after new testament, called apocalypse (or something like that). If this is the manga artists idea, it certainly isn't a smart one but we can just glimpse over it, but if this is Kamachi's idea then this is one hell of a plot hole he needs to fill.
So we need 30 volumes more to wait for an answer while still writing more series...

The sad truth.

But I think that's not realistic. Kamachi won't be able to stretch the franchise by that much.

Or else it would be like One Piece where Oda dies and the series never got an end.(No, Oda isn't dead... yet)
Old 2014-07-24, 21:50   Link #3820
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
No need for that, just have someone clean up that scan, it's already perfect wallpaper material.

At this point, this is a perfectly valid theory. Then it's original form is crazier than this... if it has one. At this point I'm expecting something along the lines of describing an elder god.
Elder God? As in elder gods from Cthulhu Mythos? That will opena whole new can of worms.
Closed Thread

Tags
novel predictions