AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-30, 16:34   Link #1
Fandal

Anime Lingerie

If you watch anime long enough, your bound to run into some of the female characters running around in their underwear.

Is it just me or has anyone noticed the underwear they wear is pretty expensive if you were to go buy it in a real life store? Is this stuff cheaper in Japan?
Old 2010-12-30, 17:49   Link #2
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

No, its very expensive. You'll also note the high schoolers are usually going to top-end schools, have the latest cellphones, musical gear, etc. Anime isn't representative of 'real life' but of "Leave it to Beaver" fantasy upper-middle class or semi-rich life.
Old 2010-12-30, 18:16   Link #3
InitialGT

^anime is supposed to be where we live our fantasies..what were you expecting?
Old 2010-12-30, 18:23   Link #4
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
No, its very expensive. You'll also note the high schoolers are usually going to top-end schools, have the latest cellphones, musical gear, etc. Anime isn't representative of 'real life' but of "Leave it to Beaver" fantasy upper-middle class or semi-rich life.
And let's not even try and figure out the astronomical costs of the bras for the ladies of Highschool of the Dead and other likeminded designs. Not only do their backs have to constantly hurt, but they probably have to get expensive custom made bras just to relieve some of that pain.

Sadly enough, the Highschool ladies are only slightly beyond the norm in regards to anime female figures...

That being said, this thread feels a little pointless...
Old 2010-12-30, 19:27   Link #5
Fandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
And let's not even try and figure out the astronomical costs of the bras for the ladies of Highschool of the Dead and other likeminded designs. Not only do their backs have to constantly hurt, but they probably have to get expensive custom made bras just to relieve some of that pain.

Sadly enough, the Highschool ladies are only slightly beyond the norm in regards to anime female figures...

That being said, this thread feels a little pointless...
I guess it is. Too bad I can't rename the subject "Expensive Stuff You Find in Anime."

Now that I think about it, the typical house in an anime and the typical room, aren't they usually potrayed bigger than real Japanese house and room? O'well.
Old 2010-12-30, 20:28   Link #6
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Shirai Kuroko's lingerie in Toaru Majutsu no Index/Toaru Kagaku no Railgun.
'Nuff said.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-12-30, 23:46   Link #7
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Who know I dont think about that just that there a lot of blue and white striped panties now so maybe there cheap
Old 2010-12-31, 00:20   Link #8
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Watch a few episodes of K-On!,!! and you'll wonder what drugs the girls traffic in the night for the gear, gadgets, clothing, and accessories they toss about.
Old 2010-12-31, 01:10   Link #9
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
I'm pretty sure in K-on one of the girls is actually rather rich

but hey, keep in mind who all this anime is aimed at... otakus apparently have very expensive taste

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Old 2010-12-31, 03:13   Link #10
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Yes, Mugi is rich...but the other 3 are portrayed as "regular peeps" which they aren't once you start pricing out the items Mio, Ritsu, and Yui have. They're definitely upscale upper middle class. Try pricing a home like Yui's place for example But that's been discussed to death in the K-On! thread so no need to repeat it here.
Old 2010-12-31, 15:49   Link #11
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Well, they all got part time jobs to help pay for Yui's guitar, and she got a quite a "deal" on it because Mugi's father worked at the record store. But back on the subject, Mio's headphones she wears at home were like 300 dollar studio headphones. Maybe Ritsu has been whoring out Mio, and that is Mio is so traumatized by everything
Old 2010-12-31, 16:00   Link #12
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

Not really an underwear but do real Japanese teenage girls wear pantyhose to their school like Yui(K-On) and Sora(YnS) everyday?
Old 2010-12-31, 18:34   Link #13
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Assuming some average japanese girl goes to a non-restrictive school they could. But I kind of doubt a school administration would forbid it regardless It would be like banning panties. Where I live girls had no problem wearing them at school. But most just do/did the obvious next step, which was to wear jeans or something similar.
Old 2010-12-31, 22:41   Link #14
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well you cant forget about thigh highs or even the knee highs
Old 2013-04-30, 07:49   Link #15
DominicBarber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandal View Post
If you watch anime long enough, your bound to run into some of the female characters running around in their underwear.

Is it just me or has anyone noticed the underwear they wear is pretty expensive if you were to go buy it in a real life store? Is this stuff cheaper in Japan?
I am not sure there is any need of lingerie and underwear stuff for anime characters. These stuffs are available in the market and very expensive too
Old 2013-04-30, 09:27   Link #16
Revan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandal View Post

If it's an ecchi show the lingerie is part of the fanservice, especially if it does not have much nudity. Otherwise the girls tend to wear just normal white pantsu.
Old 2013-04-30, 10:49   Link #17
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Considering that the Tsukamoto sisters in School Rumble live by themselves in a house that would be worth in the millions of dollars given Japanese housing prices, I don't think Yakumo worries too much about the price of her bras.
Old 2013-04-30, 10:59   Link #18
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Hmm, this thread is worthless without pics.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2013-04-30, 11:17   Link #19
Random32
Also a Lolicon

I think animation staff just give characters stuff they use daily or want to have for minor things. I don't think its meant to portray an upper class lifestyle or anything, but rather a shoutout to the favorite brands and products of the team.

As for sexy lingerie. Fanservice. Who doesn't like high end underwear? I would prefer they wear nothing, but that isn't going to happen, so next best option.

Quote:
Mio's headphones she wears at home were like 300 dollar studio headphones.
On a side note:
-They are more expensive in Japan
-AKG made a killing selling them to obsessed Mio fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Hmm, this thread is worthless without pics.
Seconded.
Old 2013-04-30, 11:55   Link #20
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominicBarber View Post
I am not sure there is any need of lingerie and underwear stuff for anime characters. These stuffs are available in the market and very expensive too
I'm not sure why you're responding to a post 2 and a half years old.
Closed Thread