AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-09-20, 03:59   Link #21
WingedAccelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryllharu View Post
Do they still? I don't see a romcom series published in Weekly Shonen Magazine that's outselling it. I'd love you see you post a source on the numbers for each.

The only one who seems to be upset is you that the series is successful despite how much you loathe it.

Millions of copies is a success by any metric. "It's selling worse than the 3rd most popular manga of all genres in 2020's first half"? What a failure.
The plural went for 5toubun no Hanayome and Kakkou no Iinazuke.

5toubun, because its final volume released in April, 2020, and despite that you can see from the data that I have posted that even in 2021, it managed to sell 2,369,765 copies total. A manga that is over for 1.5 years still one ups Kanojo, Okarishimasu by 1 million copies, with 14 volumes against 23 at that time. I don't understand why I should invalidate 5toubun just because it's a smash hit. Same magazine, it ran against Kanojo, Okarishimasu, both of their first volumes released on the same day etc.

Kakkou no Iinazuke's case is at least not a curbstomp. The reason why Kakkou got a 2-cour anime was because its pre-anime sales were 5toubun tier. But the anime practically didn't boost its sales at all. It's still edges out Kanojo, Okarishimasu even without an anime boost. For 2022:

Kakkou no Iinazuke:
Volume 10 - 90,213 copies were sold in 14 days.
Volume 11 - 84,163 copies were sold in 11 days.
Volume 12 - 83,708 copies were sold in 13 days.
Volume 13 - 75,135 copies were sold in 10 days.

Kanojo, Okarishimasu:
Volume 24 - 73,994 copies were sold in 10 days.
Volume 25 - 72,459 copies were sold in 11 days.
Volume 26 - 73,631 copies were sold in 13 days.
Volume 27 - 62,516 copies were sold in 10 days.

Volume 12 and 13 run against Volume 26 and 27. Same release day. With Shoseki estimations:
Volume 12 sold 100,161 copies in 4 weeks versus Volume 26, which sold 88,509 copies in 4 weeks.
Volume 13 sold 99,649 copies in 4 weeks versus Volume 27, which sold 84,653 copies in 4 weeks.

You can change the perspective all you want, how it's still Top 50 or Top 75 most sold manga in a year and that's still a success in your eyes. It still won't change the fact that it's not the manga sales that are so outstanding, never ever seen before that a Season 3 was only a matter of when.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-21, 09:18   Link #22
Frontier

I mean, whatever manga sales are, I'm fairly happy getting a 3rd season .
Old 2022-09-21, 10:50   Link #23
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
In the future some of you will encounter comments like "the best arc is getting adapted" and stuff like that, but I assure you that a Kanojo, Okarishimasu best arc if that's even possible, is still nothing to write home about. Prepare how they will try to pretend that suddenly this is a completely different show and Kazuya is the best protagonist ever with character development.
Well, I'm not going to pretend the upcoming arc is "amazing" or anything...but I DID enjoy reading it and it does bring out the best in Kazuya and it DID make me cry.

So I am looking forward to season 3.

I will NOT be looking forward to seasons AFTER 3.
Old 2023-06-23, 09:12   Link #24
EroKing

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2023-06-30, 12:32   Link #25
EroKing

Images
Megami

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-12 at 10:07.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-30, 12:43   Link #26
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
Images
Megami
Looking forward to the new girl .
Old 2023-07-07, 17:04   Link #27
Frontier

Spoiler:
Old 2023-07-08, 03:08   Link #28
EroKing

Episode 1

As an adaptation, this was a proper 10/10. Mini's voice was perfect. It is scary that it fits the voice I have in my head when reading her lines from the manga. Animation and BGM are all nice too. Too bad the frustrated manga readers are still gonna hate-vote this season to oblivion again on MAL.
Old 2023-07-08, 11:39   Link #29
Chiibi

The new OP song is pretty good.

And Mini is a refreshing character because she doesn't simp over Kazuya
Old 2023-07-14, 14:24   Link #30
Frontier

Of course Ruka had to show up at the exact worst possible time and cause a ruckus over catching Chizuru and Kazuya together. She's not about to let some horny thot and current rental girlfriend steal the guy she's ostensibly dating, not when she has her own boobs and thighs she can shove into his body! And of course Yaemori gets all this love drama on video .

Yaemori in all her cosplay glory has now been added to the OP !

Well, Ruka doesn't like the idea of Chizuru and Kazuya working together by themselves but she can't hate the idea of Kazuya trying to help Chizuru out for her grandma's sake...so I guess the only solution is Ruka forcing herself into this production to make sure nothing happens between these two. Kind of a bummer, even if I get where Ruka is coming from, since the mood between Kazuya and Chizuru was getting so good. At least Chizuru isn't holding Kazuya's attempts to placate Ruka against him, and she doesn't have much ground to stand on in opposition to her on the surface, though she's still bummed when Kazuya compliments Ruka's cooking over hers .

Seems like all Sayuri cares about the movie is the fact that Kazuya and Chizuru are working together on it because she still hardcore ships the two of them and still thinks Kazuya, flawed as he is, is the perfect match for Chizuru, perfect as she appears to be. And Chizuru doesn't quite know what to do with that, though she finally called Kazuya a nice guy with a genuine smile on her face, which is a lot coming from her .

They have their backing! And now all they need is to hit their stretch goal to get hte funding they need! Although I'm worried they won't hit their number .

Is there any of Kazuya's friends who can do scripts? I'm not sure how much luck he'll have searching through web novel authors. Although I guess at least Ruka contributed something .

When you get dragged into the apartment of a catgirl policewoman in heat with her cleavage and thighs in full view...though Yaemori isn't horny for Kazuya, she's just excessive and in awe of his love life. I mean, as a cosplay fangirl otaku like herself, she just can't help but idolize how much money he's whaled on Chizuru and enjoy his Harem protagonist status. Even if she still thinks of him as a loser .

Kazuya's a virgin so he probably can't fathom the idea that Chizuru likes him, which is where Yaemori comes in and is dedicated to making sure these two hook up...and while she may not have been in bed being all tsundere-like, Yaemori was on-point about Chizuru having her feelings for Kazuya on her mind .
Old 2023-07-14, 15:44   Link #31
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

As I expected, the commotion Ruka caused captured Mini's attention, but I didn't think Mini was coming back home and secretly recording the altercation - which made for a much more interesting last act of this episode.

Ruka gets the logical and emotional win over Chizuru or so she thinks. All the small things like Curry vs Omelet Rice and spending time with her "boyfriend" to help out on their movie is really just the trivial stuff.

Deep down, Chizuru and Kazuya both know their true feelings, but just cannot fully act on them. Good old grandma jesters and gives her approval, while stating frankly that Kazuay is far from perfect but is the best for her granddaughter.

I was a bit taken aback when the overly enthusiastic Kazuya wanted to share the good news and Chizuru responded rather distantly. But...she reverted back and gave him motivation when she told him he's a good guy!

And that's the motivation he needed to keep working on finding a script (the site Ruri gave wasn't really helping). Hunger takes over and Kazuya's aquatic pet is left wondering how far he went for some gyoza because he gets apartment-napped by Mini!

Mini is all kinds of crazy, with a full repertoire and range of emotions, clothes, likes, plushies etc. It was kind of fun to watch as Kazuya was trying to squirm his way out of her seductive mode. And who immediately backs up and uploads random clips "in self defense" to the cloud???!!! None other than Mini!

If I'm guessing correctly, then I have high hopes for Mini and Kazuya's partnership forthcoming. I think he can definitely utilize her talents and streaming exposure to promote the movie. She's definitely a character and can attract attention (even if she's not yet famous, but maybe as a result of this she might be!)

Chizuru likes to talk to herself quite a bit with a distant stare in her gaze. That's right, just one more cup while the lights are still on.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-14, 17:05   Link #32
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Mini did the ED/OP themes? ��
Old 2023-07-14, 22:38   Link #33
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Mini did the ED/OP themes? ��
Wait what? Anime themes? No, she doesn't sound like that, not even close.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-15, 11:52   Link #34
Chiibi

There's never been a female character I've wanted to punch in the face more than Ruka Sarashina....that's the absolute truth.

(and I'm allowed cause we're both girls )
Old 2023-07-21, 14:10   Link #35
Frontier

What better time to look over heartfelt coming-of-age webnovels than during a class on the works of Karl Marx ?

I guess it was only a matter of time before we got the classic Rent-a-Girlfriend staple of a bunch of guys commenting on how hot Chizuru is. Then again, she does look pretty amazing in that outfit. I also like how she and Kazuya are at a point where she can joke about taking his money .

How many more critical hits does Kazuya have to dish out for Chizuru? Look at her face when she realizes how much he went to bat for her to get their college's theater club to go along with them. He'd do anything for her !

It's just too bad crowdfunding has stalled, but luckily Mini has arrived to back them up! She has plenty of experience crowdfunding and knows how to appeal to the masses! She's more than just a cute face or butt, and she's willing to help out Kazuya and Chizuru...even when it comes to their relationship .

How did I just know Ruka was going to take issue with Mini even being in the same room as Kazuya? Although Mini is so casual and carefree that she can actually hold her own against her .

To get more backers they need to rely on the Chizuru simps! That means upping the reward tiers with more Chizuru memorabilia! It's a solid plan .

We've all been waiting for Sumi to show up again, and we even get a Sumi shower scene to boot! But nothing is sweeter than seeing her put herself out there to help Kazuya give out posters. She even raised her voice as much as she's physically capable of! I missed the pure insulin that is Sumi and how much she cares about Kazuya, even taking time out of what was a planned daddy-daughter date just to be there for him .

Time to hunt for more Chizuru stuff to give away to backers! And anything Chizuru has held or worn at some point is worth everything! Also she has a China Dress because why not ?

I see Mini couldn't resist trying to go through Chizuru's underwear drawer .

Chizuru is in major self-denial that Kazuya could be in love with her, thinking they have a purely transactional or respectful relationship, but Mini cuts through all her rationalizations and throws it back in her face her own words she used to tell Mami how happy Kazuya could make her. And she has nothing to counter that .

We finally get to see the ED! It's a pretty simple, sweet, and cute ED that's basically just Kazuya's memories of the time he's spent with Chizuru and ending on them both being nostalgic together on their veranda's .
Old 2023-07-21, 15:36   Link #36
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

The title of the story on that story site was The Ultramarine Constellation, and the last chapter was Starry Blue Skies.

I wonder if that was NOT a coincidence, considering Mini has blue in her features and was essentially the star of this episode.

It's like she has many switches and gears that go on and off so rapidly. One moment, she's chaotic, the next she is mature and commands everyone's respect/attention. But probably the best thing she's good at is being in control (for the most part) of who she is at any given moment.

The Mini-Ruri scene was delightful to watch. "Just a neighbor" Mini stands her ground much to the chagrin of Ruri, the so called "girlfriend".

We finally get to see Sumi this season and boy oh boy the first scene is a steamy shower scene. Sumi comes in a close second to Mizuhara's beauty for sure in my book. And her little doggy is really cute too.

It was a wholesome moment for Sumi and Kazuya handing out movie flyers. Let's not forget about the special hat that was there too. Hopefully as a result of this, the crowd funding will pick up again.

Mini and Mizuhara have a different dynamic, and she essentially got to live and play out Kazuya's wet dream (don't think he's ever been in her apartment that much, right?). She gives in to her base/curious desires when reaching for that drawer but is quickly slapped away. Even before that, with the china dress, there's some body contact, giving us viewers quite the...view of assets and lack thereof. But Mini is unperturbed by that as she moves on to some serious girl-girl talk.

And that talk about how transactional a rental girlfriend's job is, which can transcend human nature was so powerful, I feel that it could also be used in the AI no Idenshi anime that's also airing this season.

What a nice ending sequence with the starry skies and phone fishes.
Old 2023-07-28, 14:01   Link #37
Frontier

You have to admire Mini's persistence, if nothing else, she really wants Chizuru to be thinking of Kazuya's feelings (and her own), though that also just makes Chizuru too flustered to talk to Kazuya .

Oh hey, Umi! I almost forgot Kaito Ishikawa was in this show. And he's apparently really popular on social media, which would be a great benefit for the movie if he promotes it on his twitter account. Of course he would also appreciate getting to have a date with Chizuru as well .

Mini can't lie to save her life! She pretty much broke Kazuya thinking that Chizuru was going to hate him over finding out about his feelings not knowing the emotional turbulence going on in her heart right. Dude's about to die laying in a parking lot. Though to be fair it's not like Kazuya wanting to get into her pants would be that surprising .

It was funny watching Kazuya actually tell Chizuru not to go the play with Umi and stand his ground on it...because there's no way a hot guy and girl out in public could keep things platonic!!! Though Mini is able to talk him into it because they're that desperate for promotion, but you can tell it's killing him inside to let Chizuru go through with it .

Two episodes of men commenting on Chizuru in a row? Only this time instead of being shocked that she's with a guy like Kazuya, they're disappointed that she's with Umi who they can't measure up to .

Ruka is more than happy that Chizuru is hanging out with another guy and away from Kazuya and a basically rubbing it into his face...but at least she's there and willing to help hand out flyers rather than just make Kazuya feel miserable, because she's ultimately helping for his sake. Plus two cute girls are way better at promoting something than Kazuya on his own would be .

Chizuru isn't super complimentary about Kazuya, but the way she's honest and earnest in talking about him and gets so lost in thought over him that she nearly trips says all that needs to be said there .

The sheer joy in Chizuru's face when talking about a play she liked or the acting she admired is really nice to watch. I wish Chizuru could be that happy all the time .

I guess Umi pretty much answered the question about his real intentions for asking Chizuru out...he broke up with his girlfriend, he's been acting close to her the whole time, practically confessed with his comments, and reserved a classy restaurant for them to eat out. Not to mention asking her straight out if she likes Kazuya, potentially seeing him as a rival .

"I...don't like him. But I don't not like him." The classic non-committal answer about how you feel about someone. Though to be honest the "I don't like him" part sounded really fake coming from Chizuru .

They reached their goal! No, even better! They went past it! And the smile on Chizuru's face that they succeeded means everything. Though now that they've secured funding, they have to actually make the movie and reward their backers, so I guess it's not over yet .
Old 2023-07-28, 16:00   Link #38
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

The way Kazuya locked a hold on Mini and took her into the bathroom to hash it out was hilarious. These two could be the brother/wing-sister type relationship the show needs.

I guess Umi had multiple intentions on asking Chizuru out. Can't blame a guy for trying, although we don't know the circumstances of why he broke up with his other girlfriend. Too bad for this plotline, because I really thought he was a genunine friend in the theater circle. But of course, because of this plotline, we get Chizuru's non-committal answer, which really is an answer.

It was nice to see Chizuru being very enthusiastic and happy about the show she just watched. Don't think we've seen this side of her for a long long time. If only she could be this honest about her feelings to Kazuya.

Anyways, Ruka joins the flyer handing duo and is happy Chizuru is away on a hot date while Kazuya sulks. Chizuru shows up later having turned down Umi's advances (guess he'll have to eat alone) and Kazuya can't help but taking glances at his crush - and Ruka was probably facing away to not even notice this).

Umi did live up to helping Chizuru as social media and crowdfunding interest spiked just before the end of the campaign. Mini and Ruka almost look like twins high fiving each other, and we see Chizuru with another genuine happy smile!
Old 2023-07-31, 04:37   Link #39
EroKing

NSFW
Megami

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-12 at 09:31.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-31, 22:26   Link #40
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
NSFW
Megami
Finally using the China Dress !

Tags
comedy, harem, romance