AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 98 56.32%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 46 26.44%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 11.49%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.15%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 1.72%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.15%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.57%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.15%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-06, 08:35   Link #121
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquisidor View Post
Grace is reminding me more and more of Motoko Kusanagi, starting with wireless comm, uber hacking skillz and now she seems to be able to use a matrix-like agent proxy body to exchange info with Leon. Why this conclusion? If you watch carefully while Leon was talking to his subordinate and watching the VF-27 video, he receives a Confidential Message from "G" right before the scene ends. Also Inoue Kikuko, Grace O'Connor's seiyuu is credited in this episode despite the character not appearing at all. Finally we could also conclude the voice commanding Brera is her too, since Brera has a cyborg body and might come from Galaxy and infiltrated Frontier at the same time Sheryl and her arrived. As for their agenda, we'll have to wait till they reveal more.

As for this episode opinion, I was really surprised that most of the Macross Zero scenes were almost frame by frame copies of the original OVAs, just changing the original characters animation with the Frontier ones, yet I didn't feel like I was watching old material. It was refreshing and felt like watching Zero again.
You are absolutely right: I didn't notice that G thing, even because I'll watch a more precise subs later when it comes out. The fact the seiyuu was credited tough Grace didn't make any appearance in this episode merged with the fact that the matrix look-alike agent had a girlish voice, quite similiar to the one commanding Brera, is definetely an indirect evidence of Grace being behind Brera. She is no mere music producer and she isn't just a curios person for sure, that's sure.
Regarding their agenda: do you remember that lesson about folding limitations? I think their agenda has something to do with those limitations, in particular to a way to surpass them. It means an immense technological jump arriving directly to Protoculture level.
Old 2008-06-06, 08:36   Link #122
ReddyRedWolf

Heh I'm expecting a double or triple cross between Leon , his boss Mr. Viller , and Grace.

You never know with these future big corporations.

Espeacilly if they find out Sheryl and Ranka work better if they are together.

A two for one sale on Anima Spiritia singers.

But Isamu Dyson wannabee Alto would be the wrench in their works.
Old 2008-06-06, 08:38   Link #123
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Hmm... I was really neutral on the pairings so far, but again and again, Brera is tripping my osana-najimi radar. Need to wait for confirmation, as Ranka calling out 'onii-chan' might very well mean that he's her real brother rather than someone she knew that's older than her.

In any case, a wonderful episode. Macross always was about love triangles, and seeing it in full force this episode makes my heart tingle. I don't miss the mecha scenes one bit lol.

And wtf? Eurocup and Olympics means we're going to have multiple breaks? Well even though I'm following the NBA playoffs religously, I hate sports now.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2008-06-06, 09:09   Link #124
ThoHell

I have a feeling the Alto + Sheryl pairing isn't going to happen in the end because of the way her character is -- these types of character always loose in the end. Though I support them, it's most likely going to end with Ranka + Alto or something. I think Sheryl is putting both of her own feelings and Ranka's on the table and leave it up to Alto to decide, she seems to be a really good friend along with being a rival/supporter at the same time -- trying to take on too many roles instead of trying to be selfish a little herself. Sheryl obvious likes Alto, especially with that expression, but Alto is just about one of those anime male leads who are smart but at the same time not very.....
Old 2008-06-06, 09:17   Link #125
ReddyRedWolf

Why do suppose Alto was twitchy when both girls enrolled in his school.

It is saying that "I don't need this sort of complication in my life.".

I've only known you girls for a couple of weeks do I really have to make a commitment?
Old 2008-06-06, 09:30   Link #126
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
I have a feeling the Alto + Sheryl pairing isn't going to happen in the end because of the way her character is -- these types of character always loose in the end.
That's true and I would expect Ranka to win if it wasn't for one thing, Shouji Kawamori is in charge of Macross. His 25 year history shows that he likes strong women like Sheryl Nome. So while the Sheryl type hardly wins you shouldn't take that into account for this show. I expect the person to win will be the one who "gets" Alto more, and is more like him. Having a school girl like crush on a princess isn't going to cut it Ranka...
Old 2008-06-06, 09:45   Link #127
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
It seems like the next episode is going to feature Ranka more than Sheryl. IMO with how things are shaping up so far. I think Ranka is going to play a bigger role than Sheryl in terms of the overall Macross story, but Sheryl will ultimately play the bigger role in the romance factor.
i dont know... Ranka is similar to Ming Mei from Marcross.
they are building up for ranka, like how Brea is kind stalking her and rescured her, she is getting famous, and her music triggers something with the vajra .

sheryl just seems too hard trying to win Alto. the triangular love would be going on for a long time, but in the end Ranka would win imo
Old 2008-06-06, 09:52   Link #128
Ardi220288
Rooaaarrrr

nice episode I was going to vote 10 but push 8 instead (anyway to redo it, mod?)

though since the begining I've been wondering if ranka happen to be another descendant of protoculture- now there is big possibilities that she's the daughter of mao or perhaps somesort kind of experiment to investigate protoculture.

about the next ep 11 "as being famous resulting in distance with each other " ---> sounds similiar everyone?

Ps: alto is b@s*ard for getting two kiss at the same time
Old 2008-06-06, 10:59   Link #129
nines
I much prefer the 2d

bah got the dl but its not watching me watch a .mkv file on windows media player x.x any of you know what i can watch mkv on?
Old 2008-06-06, 11:00   Link #130
Tabris

Quote:
Originally Posted by nines View Post
bah got the dl but its not watching me watch a .mkv file on windows media player x.x any of you know what i can watch mkv on?
http://www.cccp-project.net/
Old 2008-06-06, 11:40   Link #131
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Hmm... I was really neutral on the pairings so far, but again and again, Brera is tripping my osana-najimi radar. Need to wait for confirmation, as Ranka calling out 'onii-chan' might very well mean that he's her real brother rather than someone she knew that's older than her.
He's been setting off my "long lost brother/relative" radar since he first showed up. And to me, this episode just adds to it.
Old 2008-06-06, 11:52   Link #132
gaheris

Doctor Mao is probably how the story is so well known because Mao survived and maybe some of her people to tell it. So I am glad they are really bringing it into Frontier to make it feel really apart of the Macross Universe.
Old 2008-06-06, 12:44   Link #133
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I don't care for arguments, but I certainly hope Ranka and Alto get together. Sheryl can look after herself. In fact, I think that kiss on the porch might have been Sheryl's way of pushing Ranka into action. Unless it was her way of taking possession, lol. Generally, however, I see Alto and Ranka both yearning for each other, so I'm fairly happy about this aspect of things at the moment.

Anyway, a great episode, with lots of relationship in the foreground and some nasty developments percolating in the background.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2008-06-06, 14:25   Link #134
nines
I much prefer the 2d

just watched the epi i was really hoping that the spoilers lead to Alto kissing Sheryl but it wasnt a big deal sadly x.x damnit <.< but yea kind of boring interesting to know that Brera is a cyborg :P
Old 2008-06-06, 14:34   Link #135
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
That's true and I would expect Ranka to win if it wasn't for one thing, Shouji Kawamori is in charge of Macross. His 25 year history shows that he likes strong women like Sheryl Nome. So while the Sheryl type hardly wins you shouldn't take that into account for this show. I expect the person to win will be the one who "gets" Alto more, and is more like him. Having a school girl like crush on a princess isn't going to cut it Ranka...
Just playing devil's advocate here.

ThoHell makes an interesting point. Though it can be reversed any time soon, Ranka so far has been set up to be the underdog, and stories usually has a bias for such characters, setting them up for something possibly rewarding or fulfilling in the end. Moreover, in this day and age where "moe" and "cuteness" pretty much rule over anything, it's hard to ignore the significance of Ranka's character design, which can be argued to be a form of marketing and typecasting all in one.

However, I also see your view as well. Kawamori's preferences still has to be taken into account, and he doesn't simply treat love triangles as a rivalry between opposites with the third person stuck in the middle. (Misa/Hikaru/Minmei, Isamu/Myung/Guld, etc.) It all boils down less on who is the "better" choice per se, but more on who ends up being the "right" one for that person in the end.

It's difficult to predict things at this point, and with those two main factors in place, I'd say it's 50-50 for both outcomes.
Old 2008-06-06, 15:45   Link #136
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

I just want to bring up a little point here

Was it just me, or did anyone else think that Sara played by Miss Frontier was just... ugh?

She completely ruined my image of Sara.

- Tak (On the other hand, I appreciate that lil' surprise, because I can't picture Sheryl as Sara, either)
Old 2008-06-06, 16:18   Link #137
Vulcannis

I forget, did they say what the purpose of the fleet that Ranka was on and got destroyed by the Vajra was? I seem to remember it being research or exploration related.

Perhaps it was searching for Sara and Shina at Mao's request/influence/command. That would be suitably ironic then for Ranka's portrayal of Mao to get a comment from Ozra.
Old 2008-06-06, 16:29   Link #138
Traece
:cool:

This episode was kind of funny. I love how Ranka managed to continously beat the crap out of Miss Macross. First, she knows Sheryl personaly, and secondly, she gets the grand applause at the end of the premiere.

Spoiler for Romance:

This episode was surprisingly brutal and bloody in comparison to the other episodes... Which is ironic, because it was just more Ranka/Sheryl plot, and almost no Vajra-related battle plot what-so-ever.
Old 2008-06-06, 17:01   Link #139
RamzaOwns
GUN道奥義 「賢者の舞」

too bad they didnt put roy focker in the movie
Old 2008-06-06, 17:17   Link #140
Zekori

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamzaOwns View Post
too bad they didnt put roy focker in the movie
I'm assuming thats because it may have been Mao to shed out information, hence there was no reason for her to know any other pilot besides Edgar maybe. After all, it would seem weird if declassified information would just happen to know about the kiss scene under-water with the head of AFOS lighting up and all.
Closed Thread