AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-03, 16:37   Link #21
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toua View Post
It's part of the original anime production plan, I think that counts for something. ~_~ You'll gradually figure out that anime adaptations and their respective production committees usually have very little to do with the original, seeing as how they're producing anime after the original authors were dead certain the success of their work won't go beyond a tankoubon release. The creative minds and visionaries behind anime are the production committees and their hired staff.
Ok, I chose the wrong choice of words. I meant first, not original. Was more implying that this isn't a second season, but rather a spin-ff. Unless somehow Kana magcally reversed the aging process.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-03, 17:34   Link #22
HollowNyne

o.o... i like the new style :3 i couldnt stand the eyes in the first season.. when they did close ups it looked like 80s animation on those eyes or something like that.. maybe im the only one that got the feel of the 80s? dunno. perhaps early 90s?
HollowNyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-03, 17:35   Link #23
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg4619 View Post
It's an odd business plan, but you've got to consider why Starchild decided on such a strategy.
Odd indeed. I see your arguments, but they don't really seem convincing. People who consider the first season a failure will rather watch something different than a variation on a theme. Others will leave because they feel it's not "their" Minami-ke anymore. Of course, yet others will stay and say everything is OK as long as it's more Minami-ke but they would of course also have watched simply more of the same. It's probably better for your buisness to air 13 episodes, then count your Yen and air another season 6-12 months later if the first one was a success, as it is done more and more nowadays.

I'm really torn here. This show has potential but anime of the "alternative setting" kind never did it for me if I knew the original (of "first instance" if that sounds more neutral).
Old 2008-01-03, 18:18   Link #24
Sparrow1770
Avian Member

It sort of takes something away from Hosaka's "Papa" gags when the Kana and Chiaki in his dreams actually look the same age as they do in Okawari.

Since the only things we really know about Okawari at the moment are the character designs -- and since they're so different -- it's only natural that we'll focus on those. But honestly, as much as I liked the designs from the first season, it wasn't the MAIN reason I watched. (I don't really think anyone was watching just for that.) I watched it for the humor and because I really liked the characters.

What would kill the show more than anything in my mind is if they changed the character's personalities. I want Kana to be her usual bakayarou self, Chiaki to be the little wise-ass, Mako-chan the ultimate trap, Touma the ultimate reverse trap, Hosaka the delusional stalker boy (ahem, I mean "active imagination guy"), etc etc. (Haruka could use a little more spunk IMO, but I digress...) As long as they get all that right, I don't mind a little change in visuals.
Sparrow1770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-03, 18:21   Link #25
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow1770 View Post
What would kill the show more than anything in my mind is if they changed the character's personalities.
& going by the preview, it looks like we won't be having any of that.
Old 2008-01-03, 20:05   Link #26
GoldAlchemist
Yamada...

I'm actually hoping that the asread guys would leave the manga materials alone as much as possible in Okawari. Just use the basic character designs and premises. Therefore, they can do whatever they want and i won't mind as much.

Let the Doumu guys handle the rest of the ongoing manga materials in another season in the future!
GoldAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-03, 20:26   Link #27
psycrop

I dont read manga for this or any anime, so any comparisons to it are irrelevant. With that said, I hope the new season, or whatever it maybe consider, brings the same if not better entertainment that the first one gave me.
psycrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-03, 20:32   Link #28
d-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbott View Post
Judging by the preview of the 1st episode, the content hasn't been in the 1st series. So it's either original or new stuff from the manga.
the onsen ep. is from vol.4 of the manga

the only thing i can say for this episode from the manga is...poor fujioka
d-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-03, 20:56   Link #29
GoldAlchemist
Yamada...

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-one View Post
the onsen ep. is from vol.4 of the manga

the only thing i can say for this episode from the manga is...poor fujioka
My interpretation for that situation is: "Fujioka, you lucky bastard!"
GoldAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-03, 21:42   Link #30
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
You know, it could be a cockblock a la Fumoffu hotspring episode.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-03, 22:42   Link #31
Falkor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
You know, it could be a cockblock a la Fumoffu hotspring episode.
Just replace Sousuke for Hosaka-senpai. It would fit perfectly.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-03, 23:38   Link #32
b0nyb0y

I hope Kana isn't the youngest of the three, because if it's so, that means they have to bump up/down the ages of all other chars in the series... Fujioka becomes younger, Touma and Mako-chan become older, etc., which severely breaks the perfect chemistry the first season has.
b0nyb0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 00:41   Link #33
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I think was just bogus information based on no actual facts.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 02:35   Link #34
fuzzles
anal retentive

Send a message via AIM to fuzzles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I think was just bogus information based on no actual facts.
yeah I don't understand how that got started, Kana is in no way younger than Chiaki the poster pic just shows Kana being her attention grabbing self and Chiaki sticking to her loving nee-sama. no worries they're still in their uniforms anyway

Although the more i think about it i wouldn't mind it if Kana was now younger maybe it will just encourage them to drop this okawari crap in the future and go with the first one and keep on the manga's track(also this would assure Okawari not dipping into the manga) and it would be interesting to see an older Chiaki who would be at an age to have potential love interests(although Kana wouldn't and fujioka and her were one of my favorite parts) whatever you just have to look at this show in a whole new light and if they do it right we could still see some pretty sweet possibilites and scenarios which they couldn't make in the original
fuzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 03:04   Link #35
hoon
7ON

Damn, I actually liked the original character designs.

Judging from the preview at the end of episode 13, it really doesn't seem like Kana is younger than Chiaki. If anything Chiaki looks older but Kana looks like she's still around the same age. How did this rumor start?
hoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 05:07   Link #36
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoon View Post
Judging from the preview at the end of episode 13, it really doesn't seem like Kana is younger than Chiaki. If anything Chiaki looks older but Kana looks like she's still around the same age. How did this rumor start?
I think someone here mentioned that Kana looks younger in this installment of minami-ke, and how Chiaki looks older, and suddenly some people just deceided Kana is now the youngest now. You know how people on boards are, they tend to read fragments, accept only things they like, spread rumours as confirmed news aso.
However, in the manga both Kana and Chiaki do look actually older than in the both anime, but that is just the style of the artists.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 13:13   Link #37
Mef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
I think someone here mentioned that Kana looks younger in this installment of minami-ke, and how Chiaki looks older, and suddenly some people just deceided Kana is now the youngest now. You know how people on boards are, they tend to read fragments, accept only things they like, spread rumours as confirmed news aso.
However, in the manga both Kana and Chiaki do look actually older than in the both anime, but that is just the style of the artists.
haha , yeah, I was the one who said that Kana will be the younger sister.. I am sure I read it somewhere but I dont know where anymore
well , seems to be incorrect information
Mef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 16:32   Link #38
Kamion
うぷぷぷ・・・

Send a message via ICQ to Kamion Send a message via MSN to Kamion
I want more Hosaka-senpai.

I wonder how the boys will look in okawari. Especially Hosaka :P
Kamion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 16:37   Link #39
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamion View Post
I want more Hosaka-senpai.

I wonder how the boys will look in okawari. Especially Hosaka :P
Me Too... There No Pic Yet For Him in The Second Season..
Old 2008-01-04, 20:59   Link #40
dustclee
Minami Dansen~

Oh my, Chiaki's eyes!! I'm gonna have trouble getting used to those non-sleepy/don't-care eyes.
dustclee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, seinen, slice of life