AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-27, 21:47   Link #1161
Samurai dono
Anti-Manga Squad

Location: Anti-manga Corps Headquarters - Assassination Division
^I see .. So you hated the pinnacles of Mecha, Drama, and Shounen Action .. Makes one wonder what DID you like in anime .. ?!

I'm sorry, I'm not being sarcastic, I'm genuinly wondering ..
Old 2010-07-27, 22:07   Link #1162
Marisa Kirisame
Previously cicido

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai dono View Post
^I see .. So you hated the pinnacles of Mecha, Drama, and Shounen Action .. Makes one wonder what DID you like in anime .. ?!

I thought the whole point of this thread is that people have opinions that are *gasp*
different from others

Spoiler for flame-bait:

Even the girls want her...
Old 2010-07-27, 22:15   Link #1163
Nadeko_Sengoku
Evil Vampire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hari Michiru View Post
CLANNAD - Well, I don't hate the franchise, but the Nagisa route (and by default, the anime) bored me. I didn't feel sad; I didn't cry, and I found Nagisa to be really annoying. The only thing that redeemed the CLANNAD anime for me were the OVAs for Kyou and Tomoyo.
so... you didn't feel sad when you watched Clannad... did you watch After Story?
Old 2010-07-28, 04:24   Link #1164
TyG3R

He hates Nagisa , dude. The entire Clannad After Story is focused on the relationship between Nagisa and Tomoya.

Sorry , i don't like True Tears.
Old 2010-07-28, 06:17   Link #1165
Samurai dono
Anti-Manga Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisa Kirisame View Post
I thought the whole point of this thread is that people have opinions that are *gasp*
different from others
Thus, providing us with more topics to discuss that are related to those animes we like. And so, as long as we can keep this civilized, we can all enjoy this, and maybe learn a thing or two

Here's good example ..
Spoiler for flame-bait:

Spoiler for caught in bait:
Which brings me to my point. His list looked more like an all-time-favourites list than your-most-hated-animes list. For the number of - and I'm not talking about popularity here - very high ranking shows, that ranked at least in the top 3 of thier respective genres. I'm not saying it's wrong or anything, in the end it's a matter of taste, it's just that I thought it was interesting how none of these big titles came to his liking. And so, was intrigued as to what did

And yes ... I have nothing to defend CLANNAD with
Old 2010-07-28, 08:56   Link #1166
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Samurai dono - How well a particular person receives a romance anime, especially a somewhat harem-esque one like Clannad, will depend on how much that person likes the canon couple, especially vis a vis alternate couples.

There's a few animes I would have loved if I had liked the canon couple best of all, but for those animes I preferred an alternate couple, so that took a fair bit of the enjoyment of the anime away for me. At the very least, it knocked it down to "good" instead of "great".

So, if somebody doesn't like Nagisa, that will effect their liking of Clannad. It's the nature of the beast for a romance anime.
Old 2010-07-28, 15:16   Link #1167
Samurai dono
Anti-Manga Squad

As usual, very well said.

That's a very good point. I can understand why someone who's never been into moe, or drama, or romance, and has always been a hardcore action fan for instance, doesn't enjoy a series like CLANNAD. I can also understand how a fan of those aforementioned genres finds CLANNAD to be a very good show, just not thier favourite. However, it always came as a surprise to me that someone who IS a fan of these genres, hates CLANNAD.

And It must have been your point. I too can relate to one or two shows that became at least a tiny little bit less favourable to me, because they ended with the wrong couple. Some were even action shows.

Ah, a Kotomi route would've been more enjoyable to this viewer. Or even better !! a Sanae-san route
Old 2010-07-28, 16:25   Link #1168
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Well, genres probably have their own subdivisions. The Key ones especially tend to have a ton of emotional pandering which works for some but can seem utterly unbelievable to others. I guess they're kinda over-idealized? It can make it hard for someone who likes a more serious romance to really get into it.

There's also the default choice issue that shows up a lot. Usually these shows have no subtlety in who they'll end up with, and it's usually not the most epic girl. Actually I would say Clannad and its siblings have the subtlety of a sledgehammer, which I don't mind, but not everyone can like that.

And personally, coming from a devout fan of the series, it does get kinda corny at parts, lol. But I actually like it for the same reason.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2010-07-28, 17:56   Link #1169
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hari Michiru View Post
CLANNAD - the Nagisa route (and by default, the anime) bored me. and I found Nagisa to be really annoying
I have a relative who also hates Nagisa. When I asked her why or how, she told me that it was because Nagisa would always rant about
Spoiler for Spoiler:
and steals compassion. Note: this is coming from a girl's point of view. I never thought it was possible to hate such a good girl(or as I define it) but it seems that reality is proving me wrong.
Old 2010-07-28, 19:09   Link #1170
Kaelidoscopes
*Artist

It would have to be Lucky Star....for the love of god.
Old 2010-07-28, 19:18   Link #1171
Samurai dono
Anti-Manga Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Actually I would say Clannad and its siblings have the subtlety of a sledgehammer
lol
Quote:
And personally, coming from a devout fan of the series, it does get kinda corny at parts, lol. But I actually like it for the same reason.
Oooh yes. Very corny sometimes. But I don't know, maybe the better aspects of this series sort of made up for it.

I've watched both seasons a long time ago and almost forgot everything about the whole show. A few days ago I read a beautiful review in Triple_R's blog and as a result was urged to rewatch them both. After finishing CLANNAD for the second time last night, I remembered why someone like me, whose longest attention span towards what I used to call girls' animes (no disrespect ) was around 9.23 seconds, was so strongly drawn to this show; It was stuff like Tomoya's thing with his father, and the gentle, light, yet great comedy in some of the scenes (Kotomi introducing her self to Tomoya for the third time in one day springs to mind lol). I'm sorry I could keep ranting on for a whole night naming great things in this show ..
Old 2010-07-28, 19:28   Link #1172
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I'm somewhat disappointed that Shana is hated on just because it's voiced by Kugimiya Rie. That's just... wrong.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-07-28, 21:03   Link #1173
xl_Legit_lx
Destruction by Carnage
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to xl_Legit_lx Send a message via MSN to xl_Legit_lx Send a message via Yahoo to xl_Legit_lx
Rurouni Kenshin and Gundam Series. Overrated imo.
Old 2010-07-28, 23:48   Link #1174
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
lI remembered why someone like me, whose longest attention span towards what I used to call girls' animes (no disrespect ) was around 9.23 seconds, was so strongly drawn to this show
Because it's not girls' anime?
Old 2010-07-29, 07:20   Link #1175
Samurai dono
Anti-Manga Squad

Of course it isn't. That's what the "what I used to call" part is there for. I used to not be that much into a show that doesn't include any action at all. Be it drama, romance, moe, or slice of life. I know these genres aren't girls' genres, but to me I thought I had to be a woman to enjoy them undiluted heh. Which is why CLANNAD was different to me.

It proved that either I was wrong, or the hospital I was born in made a terrible mistake !
Old 2010-07-29, 08:47   Link #1176
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Of course it isn't. That's what the "what I used to call" part is there for. I used to not be that much into a show that doesn't include any action at all. Be it drama, romance, moe, or slice of life. I know these genres aren't girls' genres, but to me I thought I had to be a woman to enjoy them undiluted heh. Which is why CLANNAD was different to me.
Got it. Well good for you.
Old 2010-07-29, 08:52   Link #1177
Tsumugi~
"This guy are sick."

Probably Naruto,Bleach and Highschool of the Dead for me :>
Old 2010-07-29, 19:40   Link #1178
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:

I do like those genres, just not those shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadeko_Sengoku View Post
so... you didn't feel sad when you watched Clannad... did you watch After Story?
Sat through both. Hated After Story's ending too. I just don't like
Spoiler for afterstory ending:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisa Kirisame View Post
different from others

Spoiler for flame-bait:
Someday, I will watch older Gundam series. And hopefully, they will be better than what I have seen, because everyone seems to say that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izayoi View Post
I have a relative who also hates Nagisa. When I asked her why or how, she told me that it was because Nagisa would always rant about
Spoiler for Spoiler:
and steals compassion. Note: this is coming from a girl's point of view. I never thought it was possible to hate such a good girl(or as I define it) but it seems that reality is proving me wrong.
She's just too...perfect, in my opinion. There's like, nothing I could relate to her with. Maybe it's because I like more Kyou-like characters, or characters like Shiki from Kara no Kyoukai.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2010-07-29, 23:20   Link #1179
Envy
Band Nerd ♥
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana-tan87 View Post
Probably Naruto,Bleach and Highschool of the Dead for me :>
Yeah, same here. But I think it should have been obvious to me that I was going to hate it before I even started it. I hate zombies and the stupid zombie fad and I hate fanservice. Leave it to anime to combine them in one show.

“The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.”
Old 2010-07-29, 23:22   Link #1180
Neko_Rini23

Send a message via MSN to Neko_Rini23
Lucky Star - Honest to god...they looked cute, yeah...but the storyline and everything was so boring! Also, I didn't like exactly like the "cuteness" and how they looked like lolis with breasts (asides from Konata).

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Same thing, didn't make much sense. Some parts were funny, but it wasn't that great. Never really liked any of the characters and the humor just got dry.

Gundam SEED Destiny - Gundam SEED was okay, but really...just making one right after is killing it. New characters were annoying and the storyline wasn't great at all.

Naruto - It was okay at first, but the characters got really annoying and it dragged out for too long.
Closed Thread