AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2015-01-12, 19:17   Link #41
Heir of the Void

So, after some of my previous stuff got jossed (again), I started over, with a new story; Dawn.Zero, the story of the guerilla war fought aginst the Vers invaders by the people of the Americas. Basically, the core plot is Red Dawn, with a band of highschool/collage students finding a bunker in the woods full of the supplies needed to fight an asymmetric combat against the Vers Empire.

However, I'm still taking suggestions for other plotlines, and am currently considering a part about a Space Destroyer, launched by the United States, prowling the space lanes between Earth and Mars, destroying Vers transport ships, Atlantic War style.

Anyway, here is the FF.net Mirror.

Here is the Spacebattles.com mirror.

Here is the google doc.

And this is the first chapter of the stoy itself:

Spoiler for DAWN.ZERO Chapter 1:
Old 2015-01-23, 02:59   Link #42
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Someone's writing a parody fic of the second season.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2015-01-26, 11:59   Link #43
Heir of the Void

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
I saw that, and I read it. Its pretty funny.

I've posted like another 3 chapters of DAWN.ZERO on FF.net and spacebattles, and I am currently trying to brainstorm Martian Kataphrakts for the story here.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd greatly appreciate them.
Old 2015-01-27, 03:56   Link #44
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heir of the Void View Post
I saw that, and I read it. Its pretty funny.

I've posted like another 3 chapters of DAWN.ZERO on FF.net and spacebattles, and I am currently trying to brainstorm Martian Kataphrakts for the story here.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd greatly appreciate them.
Hmmm, in a thing that may become part of my currently on hiatus fanfic, I have come up, or be part of a separate fic, with the rather unique idea of a Vers war machine that is not a true Kataphrakt, but rather essentially an airborne fortress. You could use something similar to my idea, but I'd rather it not be a direct rip off.

My version:

Airborne Fortress Cydonia
Pilot: Count Sachstein
Namesake: Cydonia region of Mars
Appearance:An elongated fuselage ending in a rounded nose, with a semicircular wing structure rearward. Aldnoah-powered anti-gravity drive, with Quad afterburners in the rear for thrust. Two turrets, one on top and one on bottom for main armament. Somewhat reminiscent of a Covenant ship from the Halo video games.
Armament: 4x laser cannons (similar to Kat in New Orleans) mounted two twin turrets on top-rear and bottom-rear of aircraft, missile launch bay on bottom forward of bottom turret.

Defenses: Dimensional barrier (similar to Nilokeras), covering most of aircraft.

Weaknesses: Dimensional barriers over weapons only open when actually firing, but there is a constantly open gap in the shield in the engines (otherwise thruster would not function- barrier would absorb all thrust). Visual and radar sensor suites on the two turrets are also exposed for same reason. The two sensor suites are only view out of aircraft- limited pilot visibility.

Alternatively, you could consider other departures from the humanoid design, such as a quadruped or hexapod Kataphrakt or a tank-like vehicle on wheels or treads (albeit sufficiently oversized to satisfy the seeming Vers obsession with oversize military vehicles.
Old 2015-01-27, 14:41   Link #45
Heir of the Void

Thanks, I might use something like that-Maybe with Monomolecular armor?

Another idea I had was a Dragon Kataphrakt the breathes Coronal Mass Ejections.

I aslo posted Chapter 5 of Dawn.Zero, if anyone cares.
Old 2015-01-31, 19:48   Link #46
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

The parody fic has gained a chapter. And it has a punny name for Slaine.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island

Last edited by Yu Ominae; 2015-02-02 at 19:55.
Old 2015-02-01, 12:18   Link #47
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
I have been thinking of a fic idea of Swapping UEF tech for Macross Tech.

Basically a Macross Zero or SDF Macross situation minus the Zentraedi. Or have the Zents barge in as usual.

Somehow the image of Inaho in an orange Variable Fighter is hilarious and very scary at the same time.
Old 2015-02-01, 21:34   Link #48
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

An idea that came to mind is whether the UFE would try to assassinate Dr. Troyard if they knew that he was going to defect to Vers.

Another idea is how the other Troyards are taking Slaine's positions in Vers, being a clear target for Earth because of what his dad did.

Old 2015-02-02, 13:52   Link #49
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
The parody fic has gained a fic. And it has a punny name for Slaine.
The Game of Vers is strong in this one:

Parody!Slaine:
Quote:
Every time you say "Sir Slaine", I keep hearing it as Cersei
Parody!Lemrina
Quote:
I can see your dwarf fingers. They look like they've seen a lot of battle with some of the Starks
Quote:
As ridiculous as having a half-man for my only servant
Take it as a compliment, Parody!Eddelrittuo, she just compared you to the most awesome character in the series.

Speaking of Tyrion Lannister, Lemrina can't help reminding me of a quote of his: "I have a soft spot for cripples, bastards, and broken things." Probably because she is all three!

Edit: Also, a proper response for Parody!Eddelrittuo:

"Well if I'm Tyrion, you're Bran Stark- Whenever you show up on screen, everyone wants your sister back on!"

Although I suppose that would make Parody!Eddelrittuo Hodor...
Old 2015-02-02, 19:54   Link #50
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Slaine Tryhard is best name.

And then Brain Bleach with Saazbaum being Slaine's "dad"... In an interesting way.

Old 2015-02-11, 01:36   Link #51
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Something I did for shits and giggles that fans of Aldnoah and heavy metal might find amusing: Some people o Youtube have been modifying the lyrics to Sabaton's song Resist and Bite (a song about a unit of Belgians who held out against the Nazis) in the comments section of a video to match various sci-fi universes, so I thought I'd give it a shot with Aldnoah:

Youtube of the original song.

War is coming swiftly
Vers are closing in
We're a small militia unit
Mere 4 Kataphrakts strong

All alone!
Stand alone!

Shinawara is burning
The Versians are at hand
As the Earthfall’s pushing harder
The war is all around!

All around
Hold your ground!

The army fell in hours
No odds are on our side
Few will fight for all
until the bullets are gone

We!
We will resist and bite!
Bite hard
'Cause we are all in sight
We!
We take up arms and fight!
Fight hard!
Resist and do what's right!

In spite of its barrier
Nilokeras will fall
We're outgunned and few in numbers
But yet we shall not fail

We fought hard!
Held our guard!

But when he crossed the river
He fell into our trap
Trapped in a watery grave
He fell the Terran wrath

We are all!
We were all!

We set out to hold the bridgehead
And that is what we did
Rose from the flames victorious
In despite of our foe

We!
We will resist and bite!
Bite hard
We!
Fight hard!
Resist and do what's right!

A boy in orange armor
The Martians closing in
Proved they could be defeated
One man against the Empire!

A boy in orange armor
The Martians closing in
Proved they could be defeated
One man against the Empire!

We!
We will resist and bite!
Bite hard
We!
Fight hard!
Resist and do what's

FYI, I got rid of the gratuitous Latin because even in the original song, its just grammatical fail.
Old 2015-02-11, 21:15   Link #52
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

The parody fic has a new update.

Spoiler for Stuff:

Old 2015-02-14, 23:28   Link #53
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Reading up again on the next chapter. It's clearly a take that to those two counts by making them look and act gay as much as possible.

Old 2015-02-22, 01:36   Link #54
SineMora
Wait for it...

Anyone for Heavy Object x Aldnoah Zero...

I pity the Martians who are about to receive the most humiliating defeat ever... Mars Kat, Defeated... by a single C4.

No, scratch that, Death by MIDDLE FINGER.

Quenser: YIPEE-KI-YAY MOTHERFUCKERS!

"Time is more gentle than anything. Even though the two of them will lose this once in a year opportunity to meet, that sadness will heal as time passes. However time is also more cruel than any other, even though the two lovers have pledged their love for all eternity, that pure emotion will fade away into dust in the flow of time. That one instant where their existence are recognized by each other are being constantly taken away by fate, just how long will the lover that resides in their heart exist till?" -Tokisaki Kurumi.

Last edited by SineMora; 2015-02-22 at 01:47.
Old 2015-02-22, 17:00   Link #55
Heir of the Void

NEW IDEA! (Crack Warning...)

Basically, you remember those 4 guys Slaine murdered way back in Episode 13? Well, in this story, one of them survived the battle, bringing back key combat data on the Tharsis. Inaho is able to deduce that it can see the future, and decides that the only effective tactic is a distraction maneuver.

So he decides on Robot Pheromones.

Naturally, things escalate quickly. No Yaoi will occur.
Old 2015-02-28, 08:50   Link #56
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Heh. The new parody chapter is up and it parodies Terminator.... Maybe with Seylum and all wanting Inaho. XD

Old 2015-03-01, 02:43   Link #57
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SineMora View Post

I pity the Martians who are about to receive the most humiliating defeat ever... Mars Kat, Defeated... by a single C4.

I had an idea about something similar with regards to one of the knights that landed in Africa or the Middle East, where he wipes out all the opposing Kataphrakts and other vehicles, only to be caught by a surprise by a threat he ever even considered- infantry with RPGs.

Also, I did do something like that in the prequel to my currently on-hold fic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heir of the Void View Post
NEW IDEA! (Crack Warning...)

Basically, you remember those 4 guys Slaine murdered way back in Episode 13? Well, in this story, one of them survived the battle, bringing back key combat data on the Tharsis. Inaho is able to deduce that it can see the future, and decides that the only effective tactic is a distraction maneuver.

So he decides on Robot Pheromones.

Naturally, things escalate quickly. No Yaoi will occur.
You want crack, challenge accepted!

Okisuke x Orlane. That's right, Inaho's dead side character classmate and Saazbaum's dead waifu.

Explained in two words: Afterlife NTR!

Or another description: When he said "Fuck Kasei-jin" (FYI, Okisuke actually says those literal words in the Japanese dub), he didn't think he'd ever take it quite so literally!
Old 2015-03-01, 05:01   Link #58
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Nah. A better crack would be to see who's the better harem master. Slaine or Inaho. XD

Old 2015-03-04, 15:42   Link #59
AverageFan

A little while back there ideas for fanfic Kats mechas. Since there has been versions of ice and lighting using Kataphrapkt mechas. So why not a fire breathing dragon mecha. Or would that seem some how out of place.
Old 2015-03-11, 03:46   Link #60
azurestratos

Quote:
Originally Posted by SineMora View Post

Heavy Object x Aldnoah Zero

Closed Thread

Tags
fanfiction