AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Danganronpa

Notices

View Poll Results: Danganronpa 3: Future Arc - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 4 33.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 33.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 16.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 8.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2016-09-11, 09:23   Link #201
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Knight View Post
After watching certain scenes, are we sure Munakata's NG is actually "Opening doors"?

I don't know you, but it sounds like a really ineffective and predictable NG for someone like Munakata.

Even if he couldn't open doors, that time when he was after Naegi he could've just asked Juzo who was with him to open it, or even better, just cut the door to pieces. The guy has a katana, for crying out loud. To me it looked more like Munakata was checking the time that was left before the 2th time limit was completed.

Then we have the part where he goes after Naegi and breaks the glass to enter the room. Again, Naegi or any of his friends could've just locked the door.

And now Naegi is headed to confront Munakata who has become an unbeatable monster all by himself. Even if someone goes with him, it wouldn't take Munakata 2 seconds to kill that person.

So it makes more sense that Munakata's NG is actually 'Killing Makoto Naegi'. It's something the killer would do, and is in line with what Munakata told Naegi, about the killer wanting him alive.

As for Juzo, I wouldn't put it past him to have been the one who killed the guards and Miaya. Monaca couldn't have been, not as Gekkogahara, not as Monaca. She lacks what it takes to perform such an action.

So that would also mean Juzo is secretly in cahoots with the killer, and would also explain why after all that licking Munakata's shoes he tried to get out the moment he was presented with that chance.
My guess goies more to 'Failing to convicne Naegi to Kill himself' - Otherwise he could again just let Juzou do it.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2016-09-11, 09:49   Link #202
DMurphy

As far as Munakata not opening doors go, this is the guy who decided to stand on a table instead of sitting down like a normal person, he clearly has a flair for the dramatique that cannot be satisfied by just opening a door with its handle like a normal person.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
Old 2016-09-11, 10:47   Link #203
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
My guess goies more to 'Failing to convicne Naegi to Kill himself' - Otherwise he could again just let Juzou do it.
Hmm, good guess. A forbidden action like that would have really heavy implications. It would mean Munakata cannot allow anyone to kill Naegi, nor himself, or his NG bracelet would activate.
Old 2016-09-11, 10:58   Link #204
pervypig

That's what I had thought about, and had been challenged before about Munakuta throwing his katana after Naegi. Well, the katana may not have been aimed straight at naegi, since he was being carried by Gozu at that time. Also, Munakuta checking his bracelet after throwing the katana may also be interpreted as reminding himself about the danger of killing Naegi.

I mean if we're talking about the chance of Munakuta's NG code being "opening doors" or "killing Naegi", there's almost as many circumstantial evidence on both sides.
Old 2016-09-11, 11:24   Link #205
Marina2

Munakata didn't pick up his sword that was thrown at the door. He waited for Juzo to pull it out and returned to him. That was very strange.
Old 2016-09-11, 12:01   Link #206
Homura7

He just has flair, and a certain habit to let others do stuff for him.
Old 2016-09-11, 15:37   Link #207
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Munakata didn't pick up his sword that was thrown at the door. He waited for Juzo to pull it out and returned to him. That was very strange.
If his NG code is not to open any doors, was the sword stabbed through the door? He may have worried that it would open if he pulled.

Or perhaps his NG code is that he can't even touch a door.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Old 2016-09-12, 06:23   Link #208
Homura7

We still don't know who moved Kirigiri and put her in supine position. Oh, and also very carefully concealed her notebook.
Old 2016-09-12, 06:45   Link #209
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Knight View Post
We still don't know who moved Kirigiri and put her in supine position. Oh, and also very carefully concealed her notebook.
Oh, didn't notice that. Damn.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Old 2016-10-30, 22:00   Link #210
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Sakakura may have been odious to me, but he was always faithful and supportive to stand by Munakatas' goals and ideals. It's just a little bit sad that Munakata backstabbed him in order to make the sacrifices needed to end the war against despair, particularly that Sakakura was ready but anxious to reveal a secret to Munakata.

As for Ruruka, her further flashbacks expounding on how she preferably betrayed Izayoi first out of fear that he could betray her to me led nowhere else. Her story arc worked better when running in parallel and together with that of Seiko's.

Spoiler:
Old 2019-03-08, 08:07   Link #211
FFTHEWINNER

Finished the ninth future arc episode.

-Am I the only one who thinks that the "building falling" scene looks like a giant rising instead? 0_o

-how did Kirigiri know they are underwater? It makes sense that she figured out that they are in a different building,but how did she know that building is underwater? That was weird.

-so how did Monaca learn all their forbidden actions exactly? Regardless, it is obvious now why she was so sure of somebody dying because of Naegi.

-also,the wrestler's was very fitting XD. RIP Great Gozu :'(

-at first I thought what Naegi and co were looking at was the information from the pda that munakata took. Turns out they were just trying to compile all the forbidden actions they knew about.

-It was predictable from the flow that munakata will stab juuzo,but it still made no sense whatsoever. I really hope their explanation for his acts is good.

-an explanation that ISNT good though is ruruka's. In fact, it is pure and utter BS garbage that no one with a molecule of brain would accept,and then they top it off by making the victim somehow "understand". That is SO BS,and it legit pissed me off.

-thus,I was VERY glad that she FINALLY got murdered. It wasn't the killer's work though. The style is completely different. That means either next episode we will see who the killer actually killed,or it would be pretty much guaranteed that the killer was one of the people who died during the period between this rest period and the one before it. Anyone has a list of who died in this period?
Also,it seems like her corpse was moved as well. I wonder why.

-When I saw how Kirigiri talked to Naegi I was like "talk about shipping XD. She even took off her gloves!". It makes sense now though. I have to say, it was incredible how she was willing to sacrifice herself for him,and it makes sense now that she didn't follow him in the beginning,as she most likely thought that solving the case before the 4th sleep time would have been her only chance at surviving. It was worrisome throughout the episode with the death flags,and then it happened with a very unexpected and sad forbidden action. RIP Kirigiri :'(

Overall,this episode was better than most of the other future episodes,but ruruka's crap still drags it down a bit.
Closed Thread