AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-02-13, 00:53   Link #41
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I need a GIF image of Haru munching her food after beating that water bottle with kibbles

it's too bad that they would never know that Hachi and Haru are siblings
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-13, 13:55   Link #42
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yep as one might have guessed they went the brother route. Didn't think they'd go with him still being in high school. A younger brother giant . But seems like a decent person overall. That he's also a fan of the main character's books should make things interesting in the future. Will see when he and his sister find out he's actually the writer of the story they are following.

Haru's side was of course the emotional strong point. Just diving right into what happened in her past. And yeah the whole bunch were abandoned and had to figure out how to survive on the streets. Heck it's a downright miracle that things worked out as well as they did. Almost all of them were picked up by people and presumably are living just fine. Of course it is sad for the one that was killed. But it could have been a lot worse for the whole group. Heck even the guardians that taught them the way of the street might still be out there.
Old 2019-02-14, 09:20   Link #43
videoman190

Last edited by videoman190; 2019-02-14 at 09:42.
videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-15, 02:48   Link #44
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I believe that Haru's side story is not in manga yet

my heart got hit pretty hard with that kind of back story
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-15, 08:06   Link #45
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Darn, I was expecting that Haru lost at least one of her siblings but to see that she really did was hard. Poor thing, the only unfortunate one out of the rest.

Kind of curious weather crows do attack kittens in real life (I would think they wouldn't dare touch an adult cat though).

As expected, the guy is her brother (younger brother as it turns out).

Do Japanese people often abandon animals in cardboard boxes like that? Seen that scenario in so many anime/manga.

[/TH][/TR][/table]

Last edited by PreSage; 2019-02-15 at 20:38. Reason: typo
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-15, 09:24   Link #46
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Darn, I was expecting that Haru at least one of her siblings but to see that she really did was hard. Poor thing, the only unfortunate one out of the rest.

Kind of curious weather crows do attack kittens in real life (I would think they wouldn't dare touch an adult cat though).

Do Japanese people often abandon animals in cardboard boxes like that? Seen that scenario in so many anime/manga.
We already knew she'd lost one of her family in the first episode, when she saw Subaru collapse and had a flashback.

I don't know if they really abandon them in boxes and such, but from what I've heard it'd probably be kinder to them than sending them to a shelter; from what I've heard almost no animals sent to shelters are ever adopted, meaning it practically amounts to Death Row for them.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-15, 09:26   Link #47
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Darn, I was expecting that Haru at least one of her siblings but to see that she really did was hard. Poor thing, the only unfortunate one out of the rest.

It certainly happens. Happens in America too, sadly.

Japanese crows are huge, brash and fearless. And extremely smart. They absolutely do attack adult cats and even small dogs. I don’t hold it against crows that they’re so successful in adapting to the human world, and I even admire them, but they’re an absolute scourge in Japanese cities.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-15, 13:32   Link #48
Ghostfriendly

Like this show so far. the OP makes me want to dance round the room, playful cats are cute, and fluffy wolves (Ookami-san) are also cute. The lead and his editor do seem a little similar to Handa from Barakamon and his art dealer, the cat has done less than I expected from the blurb to inspire Subaru's writing, in fact I was expecting a much more calming and contemplative series with only two characters rather than the cute knockabout comedy we've got. But Subaru's growth in relation to Haru and others, can be easily portrayed by the kind of series we got.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Japanese crows are huge, brash and fearless. And extremely smart. They absolutely do attack adult cats and even small dogs.
Even Toboe in Wolf's Rain.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-15, 20:48   Link #49
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
I don't know if they really abandon them in boxes and such, but from what I've heard it'd probably be kinder to them than sending them to a shelter; from what I've heard almost no animals sent to shelters are ever adopted, meaning it practically amounts to Death Row for them.
That is so sad and terrible. I do know that here in North America, many animals that don't get adopted in shelters will also eventually get put down but the campaign to adopt is strongly advocated. I, too, have heard that adoption (be it animal or people) isn't something Japanese people are active in, compared to Western countries. It's a sad thing.

Quote:
Japanese crows are huge, brash and fearless. And extremely smart. They absolutely do attack adult cats and even small dogs.
Wow, I don't think I've ever seen a North American crow attack adult cats or dogs. These Japanese crows are something to fear.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-20, 12:58   Link #50
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quite an ep this week. Reminded me of last Christmas with my family. My parents inherited a dog from my sister because he was nervous around kids, then at Christmas four tiny brats show up, several of whom had to be thoroughly taught that it's not a good idea to chase him or scream at him. Little guy was running scared half the time and trying to find furniture high enough to be out of reach the rest. Thankfully I was eventually able to get the nieces and nephew to understand just how scary it'd be to him, and peace was made. One thing seems odd though, in my experience with animals, they don't really differentiate that "this creature is five times my size but it's still a baby, so I shouldn't attack". Generally, even if it's a two-year-old if the animal's scared it'll attack.
Old 2019-02-23, 05:39   Link #51
Ghostfriendly

Spoiler request; do we have any clue whether Tora and Kuro survived their standoff with the Bolivian army crows? It would be a bit insensitive to have them giving a comic voiceover at the end of the ep if they had died. Though the other kitten's death seems to have been passed over very quickly for more cute comedy, which I suppose is the point of the show.

Roku and Tora have great voices. Cute cats with characterful voices are great.
Old 2019-03-06, 14:47   Link #52
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
That was a nice episode. Okami got to find out about Subaru's work which was nice. I figured it was only a matter of time before she or her brother showed up. He's too big a fan of Subaru's book to simply miss a book signing taking place around where he lives. And it was a nice chance for Subaru to grow as a character and see the impact he's had on other people's lives.

Good focus too on Haru getting lonely. Quite a background there as well. All her siblings either dead or adopted into other homes. Being left alone for most of the day no doubt touched a bit on some personal troubles. Haru was bound to throw a bit of a tantrum after the loneliness hit max levels .
Old 2019-03-20, 14:58   Link #53
LKK

Spoiler for episode 11:

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-27, 14:57   Link #54
Dop
Mmmm....

Aww that's over. Sweetest show of the season by far.

Spoiler for Finale:
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-27, 17:09   Link #55
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Aww that's over. Sweetest show of the season by far.

Spoiler for Finale:
Spoiler:
Old 2019-03-28, 00:22   Link #56
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Yeah, that wrecked me just as I knew it would. Just a wonderful series all around.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-04, 16:39   Link #57
Ghostfriendly

Lovely ending, but getting flashbacks to the beginning of Wolf Children. Subaru could have easily taken a nasty tumble himself, but happy ending.

Tora nee-san too cool to show up again, shame, but Haru still has more than enough swag herself.
Old 2019-04-05, 12:26   Link #58
AntonKutovoi

BTW, here's previews for character songs:
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-06, 11:47   Link #59
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
She does need a bath, though. I was wondering when someone would tell Subaru she needed to go to the vet, so kudos for that, but she's a scruffy little throw pillow atm. Surprised the vet's office didn't give her a bath while she was there - most will do that for a fee.
One of my favorite scenes in Chi's Sweet Home comes early around episode three. Oka-san decides that Chi must be filthy from her life on the street and needs a bath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
from what I've heard almost no animals sent to shelters are ever adopted, meaning it practically amounts to Death Row for them.
Both my cats were rescues. The first one, Luna, had lived with people before they abandoned her in an apartment when they moved out (who does something so cruel?). My current cat Zoe lived on the streets like Haru and had even raised a litter of her own (her nipples were still extended from nursing when we adopted her). It's taken Zoe some time to become comfortable in her new "family" setting, but she's more dere now than when she first arrived.

One thing that bothers me is that Haru transitions to being an indoor cat without any fuss. My rescues wanted to spend a chunk of time outside every day. Zoe has mad hunting skills so I've come to tolerate the occasional delivery of dead chipmunks and mice outside my door.

Whenever I see Zoe chasing some invisible thing, I usually assume it's some tiny flying insect that I can't see. Now I know she's really chasing spirits.

Neither of them ever had a bath. Licking themselves seems sufficient.

Still have three more episodes to go. What a cute show!

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2020-02-06 at 12:39.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-30, 22:18   Link #60
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 1:

Glad Subaru decided to feed and adopt the cat. My real cat also shows concern when it see that I'm tired or stressed. :>

It's sad reality that many stray kittens would die on the street, there are hundreds of them, impossible to save all...
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote