Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2015-01-31, 16:28   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Kancolle - Characters discussion - Battleships

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Battleships related.

As a reminder, here is a list of the battleships who made at least a cameo in the anime:

7 Battleships:
-Nagato-class Battleship, Nagato
-Nagato-class Battleship, Mutsu
-Kongou-class Battleship, Kongou
-Kongou-class Battleship, Hiei
-Kongou-class Battleship, Haruna
-Kongou-class Battleship, Kirishima
-Yamato-class Battleship, Yamato

To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Kancolle fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.
  • Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.
  • Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2015-02-25 at 12:37.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-01, 03:31   Link #2
Death Usagi
Banned

My favorite is Kirishima.

IT'S MIC CHECK TIME!!! >:3

Kinda sad there is no BBV in the anime though :/
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-01, 08:27   Link #3
Qikz

I'm officially in love with the Kongou sisters. I'm not entirely sure what else I can say other than Hey!
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-01, 20:09   Link #4
AC-Phoenix
Detective

I wish Mutsu would be as lively in the game as in the Anime, instead of constatly telling me to not play around with fire...

(Yeah i know there is a reason for that )

If you excuse me I got to find a brazier for my office now

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-01, 22:50   Link #5
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Anime changed my view on Haruna FOREVER.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-02, 11:03   Link #6
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Anime changed my view on Haruna FOREVER.
O our goddess Haruna~~~ Why~~~~ Q.Q
Old 2015-02-02, 11:13   Link #7
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

It isn't like Haruna was fundamentally different in the anime. She's just shown another side of hers when she is with Kongou.
In fact, it is a bit consistent that Haruna and Kirishima are following Kongou's antics (which is also the case in other spin off like the 4koma), although they aren't obsessed like Hiei.

I will give you that it was unexpected she would have performed a sneaky roll or the booby trap, but besides that, she is pretty much the same.
Old 2015-02-02, 13:30   Link #8
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
It isn't like Haruna was fundamentally different in the anime. She's just shown another side of hers when she is with Kongou.
In fact, it is a bit consistent that Haruna and Kirishima are following Kongou's antics (which is also the case in other spin off like the 4koma), although they aren't obsessed like Hiei.

I will give you that it was unexpected she would have performed a sneaky roll or the booby trap, but besides that, she is pretty much the same.
Yeah I know XD

Her doing the Rolling and such was really hilarious though
Old 2015-02-02, 13:48   Link #9
cloud04
Scanlator

they all trained under snake i call it!
Old 2015-02-05, 19:17   Link #10
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
I'm officially in love with the Kongou sisters. I'm not entirely sure what else I can say other than Hey!
Wow! Congratulation!
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-08, 17:28   Link #11
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Some people have obviously not read the chapter where the sisters try crafting Sanshikidan... Where we have Kongou carrying Haruna over her shoulders while Kirishima I think shouted encouragements.
Old 2015-02-08, 22:53   Link #12
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Some people have obviously not read the chapter where the sisters try crafting Sanshikidan... Where we have Kongou carrying Haruna over her shoulders while Kirishima I think shouted encouragements.
Haruna was still the sane one there though

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-10, 11:32   Link #13
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-10, 16:24   Link #14
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I am hopeful for A-150 design Yamato for some reason. I am ok with her either being a separate battleship, or Yamato kai2...
maybe it's because the 51cm guns have made it to the game. There was a proposal made by vice admiral Hiiraga that would have given Fuso the triple 41cm guns in real life.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-10, 16:28   Link #15
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
I am hopeful for A-150 design Yamato for some reason. I am ok with her either being a separate battleship, or Yamato kai2...
maybe it's because the 51cm guns have made it to the game. There was a proposal made by vice admiral Hiiraga that would have given Fuso the triple 41cm guns in real life.
We already know her design on the anime for some time as she is on the characters section on the official site. She also appears in the OP and some promotion material.
Old 2015-02-10, 16:44   Link #16
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
We already know her design on the anime for some time as she is on the characters section on the official site. She also appears in the OP and some promotion material.
Oh no. This one that I am referring to is a paper project successor to the Yamato. Japan had done studies after Yamato on a follow-up that was properly designed to withstand Yamato class in battle. It called for the use of 51cm/45 (20.1") guns. The proposal was scaled down to a ship close to Yamato's displacement, with 3x dual mounted 51cm guns, and boasting Akizuki style long 10cm/65 guns for air defense.

The designs were tabled in 1941, but the age of battleship was over.

It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2015-02-10, 16:51   Link #17
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
Oh no. This one that I am referring to is a paper project successor to the Yamato. Japan had done studies after Yamato on a follow-up that was properly designed to withstand Yamato class in battle. It called for the use of 51cm/45 (20.1") guns. The proposal was scaled down to a ship close to Yamato's displacement, with 3x dual mounted 51cm guns, and boasting Akizuki style long 10cm/65 guns for air defense.

The designs were tabled in 1941, but the age of battleship was over.
Ah you mean about the game. It would be interesting to have her kai ni be something like that with a 51 gun as stock equipment.
Old 2015-02-10, 16:54   Link #18
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
How heavy are the 51 cm guns? I know that the 46 cm is as heavy as a destroyer...
Old 2015-02-10, 17:22   Link #19
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
How heavy are the 51 cm guns? I know that the 46 cm is as heavy as a destroyer...
Roughly the same as the 46cm in triple mount. We are looking at close to 3000 tons a piece. You can't have a gun any heavier than that when you are not exceeding Yamato's dimensions. This is why I am somewhat hopeful for Yamato to get a kai2 form where she gets this gun, or that it'll be a new shipgirl who will wield this gun.

Old 2015-02-10, 20:34   Link #20
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

The Kongou sisters are all nutcases but in the case of the younger two, it is quite obvious they are at least saner than the older pair. However sane they are though, they do have some fairly odd thought processes but that may be the influence of Kongou herself showing through her sisters' actions.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote