AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2010-01-30, 03:26   Link #2001
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

『大命宣布』 is the infamous Taimei Shihen or Psalm of Grand Order.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 05:52   Link #2002
Elf song

The last two kanji "宣布" means "proclamation" or "annunciation".
So it literally translated as "The Proclamation of Grand Order".
Elf song is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 06:19   Link #2003
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Oh, lolz. It's Taimei Senbu. @_@
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2010-01-30, 07:44   Link #2004
Elf song

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Oh, lolz. It's Taimei Senbu. @_@
Taimei Senpu, actually.
Old 2010-01-30, 08:24   Link #2005
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

I don't believe B-T had to take down the project if Viz only the first three volumes. Sigh. ;_;

More this to here, Elf.
Zetsuen_no_Myuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 08:46   Link #2006
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
『大命宣布』 is the infamous Taimei Shihen or Psalm of Grand Order.
And what is that? Haven't actually read beyond 17
Old 2010-01-30, 13:16   Link #2007
Elf song

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailEmperor View Post
I don't believe B-T had to take down the project if Viz only the first three volumes. Sigh. ;_;

More this to here, Elf.
The first link is my primary source of informations for a long time though.
In my opinion, it is the most perfect source for everything about Shana.
They are very quick when the new novel is on sale .

For the second link, I'm helping wikia with some of the information a bit (which I got from the first link and novels I have) during my holidays. Although my English is bad .

Last edited by Elf song; 2010-01-30 at 13:35.
Old 2010-01-30, 18:26   Link #2008
Tano

don't worry about your english since pages can be edited by other users. i think you can do a lot just by sharing your knowledge.
Tano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 20:17   Link #2009
Eddy654

Can someone tell me where the summaries for those particular novels are at?
Eddy654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 20:51   Link #2010
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
And what is that? Haven't actually read beyond 17
From what I have read, it's the spell which Bal Masque needs to either free or awaken the Snake of the Festival, a very very powerful Crimson God which was sealed a long long time ago.

It has been foreshadowed in Shana before. You remembered that a piece of a spell insignia was shoved in the Reiji Maigo by Sabrac. That was part of the Psalm of Grand Order.

Also, the last two "failures" by Bal Masque are actually successes in itself.

Spoiler for Shakugan no Shana:

Spoiler for Shakugan no Shana Second:

The third season will make us realize that the Bal Masque has been winning the war and it will take another epic effort to give them the ultimate blow of defeat.

For short...
Bal Masque: Just as planned.

Old 2010-01-30, 22:09   Link #2011
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf song View Post
The first link is my primary source of informations for a long time though.
In my opinion, it is the most perfect source for everything about Shana.
They are very quick when the new novel is on sale .

For the second link, I'm helping wikia with some of the information a bit (which I got from the first link and novels I have) during my holidays. Although my English is bad .
I sort of figured, and noticed you over there already, heh. And like Tano said, people can help edit as an editor. My English isn't perfect, but I think I can help if it's regarding that.

I have to ask, has anyone read the Juggle side story in the Shakugan no Shana Second no Subete for Mare and Sabrac yet? If so, I madly request a translation, or a detailed summary, please.
Old 2010-01-31, 00:28   Link #2012
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
From what I have read, it's the spell which Bal Masque needs to either free or awaken the Snake of the Festival, a very very powerful Crimson God which was sealed a long long time ago.
Ah so it's essentially trumpeting the spell's success then and not some new deus ex machina?
Old 2010-01-31, 00:36   Link #2013
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Nope. Everything we've seen in Shana and Second is pretty much an understatement of things to come. Much like the third season has the chunkiest slice of the plot.

Old 2010-01-31, 02:00   Link #2014
Elf song

Quote:
I sort of figured, and noticed you over there already, heh. And like Tano said, people can help edit as an editor. My English isn't perfect, but I think I can help if it's regarding that.

I have to ask, has anyone read the Juggle side story in the Shakugan no Shana Second no Subete for Mare and Sabrac yet? If so, I madly request a translation, or a detailed summary, please.
Yes, I read it already. So much I love this pair .
It gives more backgrounds on Sabrac and Mare that's been hinted in the Shana PS2/DS game in the Mare's ending (when you use Mare to defeat all characters in the game).

You can find some of the detail in Wikia on Mare's part.
Old 2010-01-31, 04:00   Link #2015
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

I'm envious. I read Mare's entry already, and that's why I'm craving for more. Requesting excerpts or the whole translation!

I'm betting Sabrac is tsundere towards Mare. I'd kill just to read his interactions with her. Also, to read him being badass with killing two Flame Hazes.
Old 2010-01-31, 11:58   Link #2016
Elf song

Quote:
I'm envious. I read Mare's entry already, and that's why I'm craving for more. Requesting excerpts or the whole translation!
As you craving for Juggle, I crazily want to read Verger, since it only came with 2008/11 issue of Dengeki Bunko (and I didn't know at that time).
It's about Shana before coming to Misaki city. She went to Austria, along with Cecilia Rodrigo, to fight with Crimson Lord named Onamuchi. It gives the details about the relationship between Cecilia and Clemens Rott who died fighting with Onamuchi before.

I could only waiting it to be put in volume SIII.

Quote:
I'm betting Sabrac is tsundere towards Mare. I'd kill just to read his interactions with her. Also, to read him being badass with killing two Flame Hazes.
He's 無関心 type, Mare once said that.
Does it count as Tsundere?
Old 2010-01-31, 20:05   Link #2017
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I think it's more of a cooldere type if you'd ask me lol. xD

無関心 is mukanshin or indifferent, just to let everyone know. :>

Old 2010-02-01, 00:37   Link #2018
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

Kuudere seems fitting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf song View Post
As you craving for Juggle, I crazily want to read Verger, since it only came with 2008/11 issue of Dengeki Bunko (and I didn't know at that time).
It's about Shana before coming to Misaki city. She went to Austria, along with Cecilia Rodrigo, to fight with Crimson Lord named Onamuchi. It gives the details about the relationship between Cecilia and Clemens Rott who died fighting with Onamuchi before.

I could only waiting it to be put in volume SIII.
What. Who are those two, and Onamuchi?

Anyways, S and SII both compiles and collects side stories that gets released, but not all of them, right? The side story in Noizi Ito's Guren (reshuffle) wasn't in S, and Zoetrope is split from both SII and volume 5 of the SnS manga (I think). I'm not sure if there are others... And since SII (06/08), what other side stories have there been out aside from Verger and Juggle?

I think a proper list is needed.
Old 2010-02-01, 08:49   Link #2019
Elf song

Quote:
What. Who are those two, and Onamuchi?
As I know, they are Flame Hazes who once served the Flame Haze army in the battle with Toten Glocke.

The side stories that's not yet been compiled :

Artbook Guren : Reshuffle
Artbook Kaen : Kaguyahime no Shana (the story is not part of the main story) a parody of Princess Kaguya Legend
Artbook Souen : Ojousama no Shana (the story is not part of the main story)

Shakugan no Shana no Subete : Ballroom (When Tiriel and Sorath went to the Seireiden with Vine, and met Hecate there. It answered the reason why Tiriel was very angry and choked Sorath when he mentioned Hecate's name after that)
Shakugan no Shana II no Subete : Juggle (Mare and Sabrac's story)

Shakugan no Shana M (Limited only at the Dengeki Movie Festival ) or Drama Disc : Nomad

Dengeki Bunko Magazine 2008-11 : Verger
Old 2010-02-01, 09:04   Link #2020
karasu-000
Deathwish

Dang. Still, no sign of faster novel translations. Not to mention 'no novel 20'.

Anyways, just wait until Feb. 26, 2010... I mean...
Spoiler for Shakugan no Shana S:

I wonder if that's a spoiler. Shoot.
karasu-000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen